Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:48:30 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 07:03:22 AM by Phoenix1969

I'm no expert and I haven't been following the conversation, but doesn't it have to do with the way the device is handling the flush?

Scenario:
The pool issues lets say 512 shares to you for Block A.  Part way through processing the hashes on those shares, Block A is found and the pool tells you to flush and also gives you 512 additional shares for Block B.  If you turn around and submit the hashes you've completed for Block A, they would be errors as they are for the previously (already completed) block.

Depending on the firmware for your device, the flush work may be handled in different ways.  It seems to me that the way KNC has/is handling the flush work has been problematic from the beginning (based on little tidbits I've read without a deep understanding of the process).

I would actually like to know if my understanding is flawed so please correct me if I'm wrong.
if your pool pays for stale/rejected shares....yes, something like that, but some others don't pay for them
and yes... Flushwork was problematic from beginning...   they improved the situation by shortening the flushtime... but I really think no flush at all would be faster, and if your pool pays for rejected/stale shares, you LOOSE all those btc with every flush, because your pool would have paid you for them! Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:56:37 AM

I'm no expert and I haven't been following the conversation, but doesn't it have to do with the way the device is handling the flush?

Scenario:
The pool issues lets say 512 shares to you for Block A.  Part way through processing the hashes on those shares, Block A is found and the pool tells you to flush and also gives you 512 additional shares for Block B.  If you turn around and submit the hashes you've completed for Block A, they would be errors as they are for the previously (already completed) block.

Depending on the firmware for your device, the flush work may be handled in different ways.  It seems to me that the way KNC has/is handling the flush work has been problematic from the beginning (based on little tidbits I've read without a deep understanding of the process).

I would actually like to know if my understanding is flawed so please correct me if I'm wrong.
if your pool pays for stale/rejected shares....yes, something like that, but some others don't pay for them
and yes... Flushwork was problematic from beginning...   they improved the situation by shortening the flushtime... but I really think no flush at all would be faster, and if your pool pays for rejected shares, you LOOSE all those btc with every flush, because your pool would have paid you for them! Wink

I've never heard of a pool paying for rejected shares.  I've heard of pools paying for orphaned blocks but not rejected shares.

Can you give me an example so I can look into it?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:12:18 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 07:22:00 AM by Phoenix1969

Henson...   http://imgur.com/w3XpJuy  (50BTC)

**Maybe a simple "flushwork checkbox option" on the GUI would help things until the rest is figured out.
We could then check/uncheck the box depending on how your pool pays out.

sry to go on and on about it... but I'm thinking just a minor code/config tweak could increase our income potential here.  Tongue

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:52:13 AM

what I thought 'network protection' meant is to protect your share (existing KNC customer share) of the network.

in other words if your share of the network is 1TH, and the network rose 20% you should add 20% to your existing 1TH which would add up to be 1.2TH.
therefore the BTC you generate stays the same.  This is my opinion of how 'network protection' should work.  And this should only apply to existing customers who actually own miners only and shouldn't be sold to the general public for it to work.  If a 'network protection' batch were to be sold to anyone that wouldn't protect your share of the network but in fact make it worse for existing customers that own miners.  I know this sounds like an expensive exercise but this is the theory behind the 'network protection' statement. 

Also I think why KNC have not or are hesitant in selling Jupiters is because they don't want existing Neptune customers asking for refunds just to buy Jupiters.  If KNC did offer Jupiters again then they should remove the refund option on Neptunes.  Or if this sounds to drastic for some, then KNC should say we will not sell Jupiters to people who have asked for refunds in the past.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:16:13 AM

if knc sell jupiter is  break network protection
Sorry, but that's bullshit.
We just had 15 and  20% diff increases without KVC delivering a thing, which totally negates the statement.
Helmet is just confused. Also, confusing to read. Network protection is silly, we all want more miners, they should be selling them to us. They could have destroyed the competition if they saturated the market with the original orders, and shipped from immediate stock thereafter. It's a competitive game, let us be competitive.
Rick, you have a frightening "arms race" mentality there.  Sad

What do you expect... He's Rick James.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuT7S-qpLfs

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
derekleong75

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:17:20 AM

Any news for new jupiter batch from knc ? Thanks.

Yes, it sold out today for under 10 minutes.

Were you just making this up? Or did it actually happen?

He's making it up.

It was under 8 minutes.

Btw the price KNC decided to sell them for today was very good. $2500 was a good call  Roll Eyes

What the hell?  I was looking out for a newsletter for the next batch of Jups as I really wanted to buy another one.  Sad  Well done, KNC.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:44:27 AM

He's making it up.

It was under 8 minutes.

Btw the price KNC decided to sell them for today was very good. $2500 was a good call  Roll Eyes

What the hell?  I was looking out for a newsletter for the next batch of Jups as I really wanted to buy another one.  Sad  Well done, KNC.

don't beleive these dudes...  IT'S A JOKE... a bad joke really..   Wink LOL
this is what you call pommy humor, not funny for everyone  Undecided Huh Undecided
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:55:46 AM

He's making it up.

It was under 8 minutes.

don't beleive these dudes...  IT'S A JOKE... a bad joke really..   Wink LOL
this is what you call pommy humor, not funny for everyone  Undecided Huh Undecided

yeahh - exactly - a joke... *cough...*

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:12:19 AM

heh..you almost had me there..almost...(jeez I need to take a chill pill and just concentrate on the Neptunes this is just ridiculous ...watching this thread for "possible" Jupiter sightings...its like we are all the folks on the hillside from the movie "close encounters of a third kind" ....(ps to self I need a life ..then again it is like 30 below wind chill outside..maybe not having a life is better)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:16:42 AM

Hi guys,

I dont post much in this thread if ever. I do have 1 jupiter and thought I had a second procured but the seller has been non responsive (another story I wont go into here.)..

I have read speculation in this thread about lower priced Jupiters but doesnt that hurt the Neptune market?

My questions for you guys are. What do you think KNC will do with the price of a Jupiter if they were to throw another batch out there?

Do you think they would kill the antminer, BFL products with a painfully priced (to bitmain, BFL)
Jupiter?

Or

Do you think they are waiting for the price of BTC to break 900 again and then release painfully priced (to us) Jupiters?

The reason I bring this up is what I saw with Bitfury gear (doubling the price of H-cards) and antminers selling at above 4000 usd equivilent when BTC was sky high.

Look forward to your responses.

Best Regards,

I stated on this thread previously ..that with BFL selling 'vaporware" march at best monarch 600gh cards for 2.5k now ..imho if I was KNC I'd kill the competition and dump whatever is prudent Jupiter units "at cost" or dang near close to it say 1.5K or some such.....just to drive BFL into dust and keep market share for KNC. byt slapping the comptetion down for being late to the party...a good use of "old stock on hand Jupiters in my book" ..then again I always wanted to be "Dr. Evil"...but no real loss to them...slap the other asic companies down... keep market share

but then again I know zip..just saying

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:23:11 AM

Hi guys,

I dont post much in this thread if ever. I do have 1 jupiter and thought I had a second procured but the seller has been non responsive (another story I wont go into here.)..

I have read speculation in this thread about lower priced Jupiters but doesnt that hurt the Neptune market?

My questions for you guys are. What do you think KNC will do with the price of a Jupiter if they were to throw another batch out there?

Do you think they would kill the antminer, BFL products with a painfully priced (to bitmain, BFL)
Jupiter?

Or

Do you think they are waiting for the price of BTC to break 900 again and then release painfully priced (to us) Jupiters?

The reason I bring this up is what I saw with Bitfury gear (doubling the price of H-cards) and antminers selling at above 4000 usd equivilent when BTC was sky high.

Best Regards,

I stated on this thread previously ..that with BFL selling 'vaporware" march at best monarch 600gh cards for 2.5k now ..imho if I was KNC I'd kill the competition and dump whatever is prudent Jupiter units "at cost" or dang near close to it say 1.5K or some such.....just to drive BFL into dust and keep market share for KNC. byt slapping the comptetion down for being late to the party...a good use of "old stock on hand Jupiters in my book" ..then again I always wanted to be "Dr. Evil"...but no real loss to them...slap the other asic companies down... keep market share

Searing

As much as i wish this was true, It wouldn't end up killing BFL. They occupy a hell of a lot of space in terms of marketing, appealing on the broadest of terms. I'd hazard a guess that they're target audience these days is noobs who don't know any better.

de_ixie

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:35:24 AM

Hi guys,

Jupiter?

Or

Best Regards,

Searing

You are correct, sir - but they can also achieve that with a well designed 20nm product. I'd highly prefer they push their whole energy in only one direction: Neptune.... and meanwhile catch up on some other 'worldly' things - e.g. I still did not receive a final invoice for my Neptunes, which is crucial for the tax statement.

Edit: Forgot - maybe they could damage BFL, but not Cointerra, they are serious competition. KnC can only stay ahead with 20nm

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:57:31 AM

Where can I sign up for new newsletters?

I got the original upgrade modules email, never got Neptune even for existing customers,  never got this supposed new one.

Still furious about their disregard for pre existing customers. And now I can't even get damn updates.
What disregard now?? Geez.

Subscribe here: at bottom of "Common info: tab

I have that but I still haven't received whatever recent newsletter went out. And I certainly don't have them under spam.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:19:52 AM

KnC can only stay ahead with 20nm

This doesn't really make sense..  if you are trying to scrape another $100 a month on each miner from lower power usage then you really have to rethink how much money you thought you were going to make in the first place.

If KNC put their Neptune plans on hold, let those customers switch to newly made Jupiters (or take refund) and ship as many miners in Feb as they can make, they would do fine (and also stay on their word to wait before flooding market)

Remember, Cointerra hasn't proved anything yet.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:31:48 AM

C'mon Sam, I'm a one man F5 DDoS, hoping to see Jupiters on sale before BFLs Monarch sale expires on the 5th...

... though I might need my head read for considering either, now Hashfast starting to ship and Cointerra in final stages of chip production.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
de_ixie

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:58:09 AM

This doesn't really make sense..  if you are trying to scrape another $100 a month on each miner from lower power usage then you really have to rethink how much money you thought you were going to make in the first place.

If KNC put their Neptune plans on hold, let those customers switch to newly made Jupiters (or take refund) and ship as many miners in Feb as they can make, they would do fine (and also stay on their word to wait before flooding market)

Yeah - you are right. They had the choice. Optimizing 28nm and doing serious cash now or going for innovation with 20nm and doing maybe even more serious cash later. Safe (28nm) vs. Risky (20nm).

Their business decision was going the (risky) innovative route and I like that. How will turn things out for them? No idea, I dont have a crystal ball at home - I dont know whether R&D expenses and unforeseen problems of 20nm justify the potential 30% power savings. My gut tells me it will be a significant advantage over compitition in 2014/ 2015. Maybe it turns out 20nm is not worth it - we will see. Captain hindsight will provide us the solution soon. My point is, they are still a small company - they decided to go risky 20nm - I decided to go with them. They made the decision, we tied up our money. Stopping that train is not an option any more. They have to put all effort on this now. KnC is all in.

Hashfast already failed majorly - have the feeling Cointerra will not, they seem to have a different level of professionalims. My bet would be KnC and Cointerra are the big players in 2014. Others? Dunno, blackarrow seems lacking customer support, Bitmine seems capable but too small. Bfl - no comment.

de_ixie

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:59:08 AM

C'mon Sam, I'm a one man F5 DDoS, hoping to see Jupiters on sale before BFLs Monarch sale expires on the 5th...

... though I might need my head read for considering either, now Hashfast starting to ship and Cointerra in final stages of chip production.

Hashfast stopped selling their product due to massive failure  Lips sealed

Edit: Seems like Hashfast will struggle hard to survive the upcoming months - do not order from them

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:07:50 PM

I got the original upgrade modules email, never got Neptune even for existing customers,  never got this supposed new one.

Still furious about their disregard for pre existing customers. And now I can't even get damn updates.

I have that but I still haven't received whatever recent newsletter went out. And I certainly don't have them under spam.

same here
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:49:20 PM

Dude, if you even bothered to check the site...
the last newsletter was December 14th, surely you check the site more than that.
Serious disregard?... I'd say you are the guilty one on that.
There was NOT another run on modules, or Jupiters... !
You've been had!  Let that be a lesson to ya.
Now... Pay attention or get left in the dust!  Tongue

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:46:45 PM

This doesn't really make sense..  if you are trying to scrape another $100 a month on each miner from lower power usage then you really have to rethink how much money you thought you were going to make in the first place.

Yeah - you are right. They had the choice. Optimizing 28nm and doing serious cash now or going for innovation with 20nm and doing maybe even more serious cash later. Safe (28nm) vs. Risky (20nm).

Their business decision was going the (risky) innovative route and I like that. How will turn things out for them? No idea, I dont have a crystal ball at home - I dont know whether R&D expenses and unforeseen problems of 20nm justify the potential 30% power savings. My gut tells me it will be a significant advantage over compitition in 2014/ 2015. Maybe it turns out 20nm is not worth it - we will see. Captain hindsight will provide us the solution soon. My point is, they are still a small company - they decided to go risky 20nm - I decided to go with them. They made the decision, we tied up our money. Stopping that train is not an option any more. They have to put all effort on this now. KnC is all in.

Hashfast already failed majorly - have the feeling Cointerra will not, they seem to have a different level of professionalims. My bet would be KnC and Cointerra are the big players in 2014. Others? Dunno, blackarrow seems lacking customer support, Bitmine seems capable but too small. Bfl - no comment.

Small company or not,  the development lab people wouldn't benefit from the production workers crowding into their lab asking for something to do.  While we're sitting here waiting for KnC machines they have production workers with fewer and fewer make-stock-sub-assemblies-for-inventory chores to do.  Paid vacation time was great I'm sure but now they're back drawing paychecks and 401k matching contributions.  That has to be working toward a decision to get back into Jupiter production.  The alternative?
Pages: « 1 ... 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: