Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:45:53 AM

There are enough people using arbitrage trading bots for alts already, across many exchanges....
I wonder if there is any capacity in the system to actually make any money in that anymore...I doubt it

pump and dumps can be quite profitable. alts are more risky than btc, but there's a greater chance to make a lot of profit.

You keep wondering.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:46:18 AM

"Can" is key, but 200 units a day like Knc did with Jupiter means a batch of 1200 complete in 6 days, so I beg to differ.
1200 times 3 or 4 Th/s in 6 days......  (up to 4.8 petahashes) how is bitmain supposed to touch that?  Can bitmain ship 4-5 petahashes per 6 days.... I think not. They can "ramp up" all they want, it won't change things much, especially after Neptune.

Ok, if you're right about KnC's capacity to deliver, then you're just proving my initial point. Neptune won't break even. There's just too much hashpower coming online in the next few months.

again you could be correct but the other side of the coin is difficulty is a percentage of total network hash power can they really keep upping hash power vs the total network as it is to effect difficulty to a 15-20% uptick or is it just gonna be a flash in the pan and then ramp up again in fall with new generation of machines? ie lots of stuff is coming out NOW but there is some lag imho on how the stuff shoots out ie usually they all do it at the same time in bunches according to the technology they manage to upgrade

then also there is the equip falling off the other end that is no longer profitable (my jupiter knc oct comes to mind this summer) and the dip in USD for bitcoin may have slowed stuff down too...

again i know zip but just saying and i may likely pull the plug here soon w/o more info from KNC but its why i'm holding at this point (i'm brave as hell with refund...new companies no refund ...er not so much)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
faetos

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:52:43 AM

which may make up a whole 5 to 10% of the next couple diffchanges, I see no real threat there. I really think you're over-estimating Bitmain's impact to the network

Sounds like you haven't kept up. In a few short months, Bitmain is powering 20%+ of the entire network!

I love that outfit - in stock, mining in 4 days after purchase from China to Texas - yeehaw! I hope that is the model that takes off. This pre-order stuff is too much.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:00:06 AM

Can you explain how that statement equates into larger diffchanges over the next couple months?

It goes to show how fast Bitmain can ramp up production. KnC was never able to pump out the vast quantity of units that Bitmain does.
200 units a day like Knc did with Jupiter means a batch of 1200 complete in 6 days, so I beg to differ.

hmmm, i think u have overlooked the comming new Boss in town:

spongebob-tech:

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/
I'm ignoring them for good reason: They have not been vetted.

dogie already has a nice review on them and more will come.

link please....

and BFL has had NICE REVIEWS and products sent to such reviewers up to  a year previous to shipping so...shudder......just a thought

Searing

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525469.0

Spongebob-tech (no pun indended) have already proven themselves through this review and also through their partners (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg5844237#msg5844237)

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:02:10 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 01:21:10 AM by Biodom

which may make up a whole 5 to 10% of the next couple diffchanges, I see no real threat there. I really think you're over-estimating Bitmain's impact to the network

Sounds like you haven't kept up. In a few short months, Bitmain is powering 20%+ of the entire network!

I love that outfit - in stock, mining in 4 days after purchase from China to Texas - yeehaw! I hope that is the model that takes off. This pre-order stuff is too much.

Interestingly, Bitmain will ship two generations (S1 and S2) during Neptune preorder period. I hope that this preoder habit just go away and never comes back.
In lieu of this new thinking, I did not preorder S2, albeit it was only 3 weeks. Will wait until it is in stock to revisit.
Also, KnC could have produced gobs of Jupiters or boards, but they chose to put them in the datorhall and give ya'll a 7-10% haircut. Don't forget that, happy Jupiter miners.
faetos

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:02:53 AM

"Can" is key, but 200 units a day like Knc did with Jupiter means a batch of 1200 complete in 6 days, so I beg to differ.
1200 times 3 or 4 Th/s in 6 days......  (up to 4.8 petahashes) how is bitmain supposed to touch that?  Can bitmain ship 4-5 petahashes per 6 days.... I think not. They can "ramp up" all they want, it won't change things much, especially after Neptune.

Ok, if you're right about KnC's capacity to deliver, then you're just proving my initial point. Neptune won't break even. There's just too much hashpower coming online in the next few months.

again you could be correct but the other side of the coin is difficulty is a percentage of total network hash power can they really keep upping hash power vs the total network as it is to effect difficulty to a 15-20% uptick or is it just gonna be a flash in the pan and then ramp up again in fall with new generation of machines? ie lots of stuff is coming out NOW but there is some lag imho on how the stuff shoots out ie usually they all do it at the same time in bunches according to the technology they manage to upgrade

then also there is the equip falling off the other end that is no longer profitable (my jupiter knc oct comes to mind this summer) and the dip in USD for bitcoin may have slowed stuff down too...

again i know zip but just saying and i may likely pull the plug here soon w/o more info from KNC but its why i'm holding at this point (i'm brave as hell with refund...new companies no refund ...er not so much)

Searing

You still have your orders with that English outfit (name escapes me), right? - for the scrypt gear? I think you're going to clean house with that order. I didn't think they were real but their regular updates look legit. To be honest KnC's titan is interesting, but pre-order ...sorry, new home comes first Smiley  I'm holding out for an in stock scrypt asic miner before I take the plunge.

Good luck to you and your orders. If things work out you'll be in a great spot this summer.
faetos

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:04:45 AM

Interestingly, Bitmain will ship two generations (S1 and S2) during Neptune preorder period. I hope that this preoder habit just go away and never come back.
I lieu of this new thinking, I did not preorder S2, albeit it was only 3 weeks. Will wait until it is in stock to revisit.

ya, me too. I was interested in getting one of those coin CC wallets, but the pre-order part made me cringe and walk away.
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:36:03 AM

Can you explain how that statement equates into larger diffchanges over the next couple months?

It goes to show how fast Bitmain can ramp up production. KnC was never able to pump out the vast quantity of units that Bitmain does.

Actually they can and did...  They all went to their data center for self-mining...  I believe Neptune is coming in 2 months and I will be shocked if it doesn't do at least 4.5 TH.  The network effect will be drastic, and it will taper off...  The big unknown is after all 3 batches are shipped within 1-2 months, how long will KnC wait to start building more for self-mining and how many PH?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:55:56 AM

Actually they can and did...  They all went to their data center for self-mining...

I was going by this report:

http://organofcorti.blogspot.se/2014/03/march-16th-2014-weekly-hashrate.html

KnC 10% of network. Bitmain has already passed 20%.

Buy & Hold
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:10:51 AM

Actually they can and did...  They all went to their data center for self-mining...

I was going by this report:

http://organofcorti.blogspot.se/2014/03/march-16th-2014-weekly-hashrate.html

KnC 10% of network. Bitmain has already passed 20%.

The percentages in the blog post are from blocks solved by pools or hashers. It doesn't consider the amount earned on pools or supplied by various manufacturers, so the comparison is invalid.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:22:22 AM

The percentages in the blog post are from blocks solved by pools or hashers. It doesn't consider the amount earned on pools or supplied by various manufacturers, so the comparison is invalid.

Well, since I don't think KnC is mining to their own address with non-KnC hardware, the only missing piece is how much hardware did KnC ship to customers. Anyone know?

Buy & Hold
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:27:34 AM

Well, since I don't think KnC is mining to their own address with non-KnC hardware, the only missing piece is how much hardware did KnC ship to customers. Anyone know?
right, and then add an unscrupulous amount they have in Boden, and continue to add to as we speak.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:30:32 AM

right, and then add an unscrupulous amount they have in Boden, and continue to add to as we speak.

Well no. That would be the blocks they solve plus their remaining hashrate on Eligius.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:01:16 AM

I just don't see how a single batch of S2's (1 Th/s machines) in April is going to make any huge impact on the Difficulty no matter how much they "Ramp up" production.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:37:26 AM

I just don't see how a single batch of S2's (1 Th/s machines) in April is going to make any huge impact on the Difficulty no matter how much they "Ramp up" production.

Nobody said a single batch would do it. Bitmaintech is very good at continous production. They just keep pumping out Ants every day like there's no tomorrow.

Buy & Hold
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:11:56 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:37:59 AM by Phoenix1969

Nobody said a single batch would do it. Bitmaintech is very good at continous production. They just keep pumping out Ants every day like there's no tomorrow.
That's nice, but that does not change the batch size or time of next batches delivery... It's a finite amount, no matter what the delivery rate is...  So again, I ask how does that mean Bitmain is going to make a huge impact on the difficulty level before Neptune ships? Total Th/s of batch is the point. Adding up every U2.. and S2 available... They haven't sold enough to make such an impact, there weren't enough available to order to so such. the cloud is almost 35 Petahash ATM. So, in order for a delivery to exact a 10% change, they would need a delivery of 3.5 Petahashes in a single diff;  and that's today. It can be done, but unless they are cranking out 3500 1 Th/s machines every 12 days already, then the chances of effecting the diff in a big way are pretty doggone slim by the figures I see, because it would take a delivery of every unit ordered in a single diff to do that, and next diff it will be over 10% harder to do the same thing, etc.... and once they deliver, "blow their wad"... complete a batch, it's wait till next batch, just like everyone else, because there"s no magic basket that's going to keep the production line going before the chips and components are there. They can talk about "ramping up" production until the cows come home, as it still has zero effect on batch size, or when the next batch will be available, unless they are behind, of course. So you see, there can not be "Continuous production", as theres no such thing unless you already have an endless supply of parts, in an non-batch scenario, which they are not. Deliveries will halt between batches; that's just the way it is.
So, on Bitmain effecting huge diffs and destroying profitability for Neptune... show me some real numbers.  I just don't see it....    guess we will find out soon  Grin

on the "flip side".... Neptine batch 0 (CA Batch)... 1200 units times what? 4 Th/s or more?  5 Petahash per batch!
then we will see who is destroying who's profitability.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:27:15 AM

They can talk about "ramping up" production until the cows come home, as it still has zero effect on batch size, or when the next batch will be available, unless they are behind, of course.
I just don't see it.... guess we will find out soon  Grin

Yeah, Bitcoinorama tried to make the same argument.

Dude the hashrate is about to level out for a bit not, continue growing like this for a while.

The difficulty is nearly 20x what it was back then when he made that prediction.

It's not just Bitmaintech. It's all the A1 clones. And Bitfury. And Spondoolies. Etc. Difficulty is still going up exponentially.

Buy & Hold
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:49:59 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 06:21:54 AM by Phoenix1969

They can talk about "ramping up" production until the cows come home, as it still has zero effect on batch size, or when the next batch will be available, unless they are behind, of course.

Dude the hashrate is about to level out for a bit not, continue growing like this for a while.

The difficulty is nearly 20x what it was back then when he made that prediction.

It's not just Bitmaintech. It's all the A1 clones. And Bitfury. And Spondoolies. Etc. Difficulty is still going up exponentially.
I agree, the diff will always rise, and sure... "exponentially", literally.... but at what rate? I'm betting if you add up everyone's potential "on time" cookies, it doesn't add up to any special leap in hashpower all at once, because everyone has a schedule, and the diff is indeed tapering, I posted that chart a couple times already. You will never see another surprise 40% diffchange, those days are over.

As a matter of fact, look at the date on your Orama quote, and look at this chart...  
Now tell me he was wrong!
Even a full Neptine batch of 5 petahash in a single diff RIGHT NOW would only equate to about a 12% diff increase.
I must agree if that odd surprise Isreali company actually starts delivering as advertised, combined with all other "scheduled ASIC deliveries", there would be a significant  increase to the total network hashrate, but its not going to happen in huge leaps, because again, everyone has a schedule, and FEW are on-time. The next couple months will be very interesting at the very least.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:12:54 AM

You will never see another surprise 40% diffchange, those days are over.

It doesn't need to rise at 40%. Even at 20%, Neptune will never break even.

Buy & Hold
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:14:55 AM

I agree, the diff will always rise, and sure... "exponentially", literally.... but at what rate? I'm betting if you add up everyone's potential "on time" cookies, it doesn't add up to any special leap in hashpower all at once, because everyone has a schedule, and the diff is indeed tapering, I posted that chart a couple times already. You will never see another surprise 40% diffchange, those days are over.

As a matter of fact, look at the date on your Orama quote, and look at this chart...  
Now tell me he was wrong!

Keep believing what you want to believe... that KNC is going to kill the difficulty for BitMain, Spooge-Dooties, A1 clones, etc. But you're just flat-out wrong.

If Neptunes are ever delivered (and not just hosted Jupiters), it won't happen until 2 minutes before the 2nd quarter is done.  And that means June 30th.  By that time, the plethora of 1THs+ machines currently (and nearly) shipping will have destroyed the difficulty for late June Neptunes.

Btw, that last 10% difficulty change was an anomaly not likely to be repeated again in the near future.  This next difficulty change is looking to be closer to 20% than 10%.  The Ant swarm-train just keeps on rolling along, devouring everything in its path.  Get on or get eaten.
Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: