Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:48:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 [1653] 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:14:40 PM

I'm satisfied. Paid ~14BTC and i got 28.09BTC.
Nice

Wow, had the world gone mad?  Did the sun rise from the West today?  Of your 1000+ Posts, I think this is the first time you said something remotely close to being "Nice" about KnC  Grin

Smiley I think the "Nice" reply is for the fact that i doubled my bitcoins without doing anything, not for the fact that KnC held up to their agreement. So i guess we will have to wait more until Avenger will post anything "nice" about KnC

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:15:42 PM

They've no business being involved with bitcoin foundation. Knc could and should have abandoned the pre-order model long ago. They don't need customers as creditors to fund their product developments.
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:49:03 PM

Nice

Wow, had the world gone mad?  Did the sun rise from the West today?  Of your 1000+ Posts, I think this is the first time you said something remotely close to being "Nice" about KnC  Grin

Smiley I think the "Nice" reply is for the fact that i doubled my bitcoins without doing anything, not for the fact that KnC held up to their agreement. So i guess we will have to wait more until Avenger will post anything "nice" about KnC

That's why I said remotely close.  Knowing Avenger, I don't believe he will knowingly say anything nice about KnC, but this one comes close.

So I still don't get why all the hates for KnC when they have essentially absorbing the 50+ % drop in bitcoin value.   Yet I don't see as much hatred on the HashFast forum where most people who ordered there lost 75% of their bitcoin value (a gain of 4-5x for HashFast) and none of the B2- B4 pre-order customers have received any refund or any response from HashFast.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:55:08 PM

Nice

Wow, had the world gone mad?  Did the sun rise from the West today?  Of your 1000+ Posts, I think this is the first time you said something remotely close to being "Nice" about KnC  Grin

That's why I said remotely close.  Knowing Avenger, I don't believe he will knowingly say anything nice about KnC, but this one comes close.

So I still don't get why all the hates for KnC when they have essentially absorbing the 50+ % drop in bitcoin value.   Yet I don't see as much hatred on the HashFast forum where most people who ordered there lost 75% of their bitcoin value (a gain of 4-5x for HashFast) and none of the B2- B4 pre-order customers have received any refund or any response from HashFast.

KnC is held to higher standards, as they have proper TOS, delivered good hardware in the past, and atleast (seemed to) be run by professionals.

Finally, most of the hashfast customers have probably either given up by now or are preparing their lawsuits and don´t want to give too much information away.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:13:36 PM

Nice

KnC is held to higher standards, as they have proper TOS, delivered good hardware in the past, and atleast (seemed to) be run by professionals.

Finally, most of the hashfast customers have probably either given up by now or are preparing their lawsuits and don´t want to give too much information away.
I'd agree with you about higher standards if they had taken care of customers before themselves by creating the Boden facility. I was their #1 fan.
Now that Karma bit them in the ass just a tad; maybe things will get better.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:58:14 PM

Fixed it for them:

We are avid believers in Bitcoin and its potential to shape the future of digital transactions worldwide - that's why we make all our refunds via traditional banking wire transfer.

Talk about total fucking hypocrites.

The BTC foundation should be ashamed for letting KNC pay their way in with bitcoins mined from a datacentre that screwed all their customers.

I think KNC should be kicked out or barred until they process all transactions - refunds included - in BTC. That is the ONLY way they can prove they are "avid believers in Bitcoin". Otherwise, they just prove that are a bunch of greedy assholes who enjoy instant payment and zero fees when they get paid, but like to be fuck their customers over with $$$$ wire transfer fees and massive delays when money needs to go the other way.

Assholes. Did I say assholes? That KNC are assholes? A "nice" bunch of assholes the lot of them.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
paranoidx

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:46:49 PM

Did you totally miss about 300 posts in the hashfast thread where we expressed our dissatisfaction with hashfast and decided to lawyer up??  There is nothing more to say in that thread that hasn't been said before.  Hashfast is scum and I expected much more from KNC, but alas, it seems they are following the same footsteps.

Time to give Spondoolies a chance I guess.
DonDev

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:48:38 PM

Knc miners office is hardly 15 km from my house and Id rather order a miner from another part of the world than knc as they dont have a good reputation when it comes to delivery and ROI. I still dont understand how you guys risk hundreds and thousands of dollars with pre order crap. A guy on there fb page ordered 90 neptunes and is waiting since months lol I guess thats enough proof to ahow knc is a circus.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:05:02 PM

So who has the engineering skills to design proper heatsink and board mounting hardware? KNC's solution is to send us wire to hold down the heatsinks, lol.  Figures!

Seriously, if someone can design and sell something that would allow is to properly bolt down the heatsinks and something to mount the boards to, I think they'd sell a lot.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:08:17 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 09:26:38 PM by Biffa

I believe Road Stress said he requested his refund on 4/11/14.
I requested mine on 4/8/14 and still waiting.
This is bullshit.
 Angry

There has only been 20 working days in April in Sweden up till now so he is only at 9 working days. You are at 12.

Remember tomorrow is also a public holiday in Sweden (and most of Europe) then  back to work on Friday before another two days of for the weekend.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:45:02 PM

Did you totally miss about 300 posts in the hashfast thread where we expressed our dissatisfaction with hashfast and decided to lawyer up??  There is nothing more to say in that thread that hasn't been said before.  Hashfast is scum and I expected much more from KNC, but alas, it seems they are following the same footsteps.

Haven't you learnt from your mistakes?

Don't trust these money grabbing scumbags that fund r&d with customer's money, and deliver stuff late or overcharge for the miners...
Go gpu mining instead, or just learn how to do trading with the BTC you have.

No ASIC manufacturer is treating customers well, except for the green and red teams (yeah nvidia and amd, since they don't have a stake in mining, they don't need to make money off it and screw you over).
Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:11:10 PM

Did you totally miss about 300 posts in the hashfast thread where we expressed our dissatisfaction with hashfast and decided to lawyer up??  There is nothing more to say in that thread that hasn't been said before.  Hashfast is scum and I expected much more from KNC, but alas, it seems they are following the same footsteps.

Let's compare apple to apple, 16 posts on the Hashfast forum since 9am April 29th.  5 pages worth of 20 posts per page = 100 posts on KnC since 9am April 29th.   Not sure if KnC has 6x as many customers or just 6x as many trolls.
tolip_wen

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:22:31 PM

So who has the engineering skills to design proper heatsink and board mounting hardware? KNC's solution is to send us wire to hold down the heatsinks, lol.  Figures!

Seriously, if someone can design and sell something that would allow is to properly bolt down the heatsinks and something to mount the boards to, I think they'd sell a lot.

DIsclaimer: I don't know if the Nov PCB's have the same hole pattern as my Oct. units.

That being said,
The Oct boards have a 75x75mm heatsink mounting hole pattern.
This is the same as Intel LGA 1155/1156.

You can order from coolermaster, heatsink hold down hardware for about USD $9.00 each.
They are not 'perfect' for KnC ASICs but do work.
(the height is slightly different compared to a CPU)
I would skip using the backside bracket as the ASIC PCB radiates a lot of heat out the bottom.

Definately inspect the heatsink where the copper pipes go thru the aluminum block for 2 things.

1.)  Check that the pipes did not come loose.
I destroyed one of mine by accident.

2.) use a straightedge and check for gaps and flatness.
I use a blade from a utility knife for this purpose.
Some tiny gaps are inevitable, that is what the slime fills in.

Do not over tighten, you will bow the PCB and stress the ASIC solder points.

Once the heatsink is solidly attached to the PCB it will function.
The plastic PCB standoffs might be fine if you are careful (no shipping)
Else get some metal standoff parts M3 (3mm) is the size needed plus some washers if the holes in the case are large.

Hope this helps!

YMMV
Smiley

Pre-EDIT
I consider myself capable of re-attaching caps to surface mount PCB's.
I'm also good at repairing damaged traces.
I have done component level repair for a living.
I have the tools and troubleshooting skills.
The ASIC itself is likely OK because of it's package.

I'd be willing to take a stab at repair, for a price...
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:40:35 PM

So who has the engineering skills to design proper heatsink and board mounting hardware? KNC's solution is to send us wire to hold down the heatsinks, lol.  Figures!

Never seen anyone do it before, but someone on the knc forum (http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/36299-diy-october-mercury-gets-1th-s-upgrade) has figured out how to mount a board directly to an i30 using just the components that come in the i30 box:

It's not going to get any easier than that xstr8guy Smiley

I know you said you are not really a technical person, so if that's not something you feel like you can do, then you need to find a techie friend to help you.

Edit: Ha! tolip_wen beat me to it Smiley If you don't want to buy 18 new arctic i30's, yeah, get the pieces tolip suggested.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
paranoidx

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:42:38 PM

Don't trust these money grabbing scumbags that fund r&d with customer's money, and deliver stuff late or overcharge for the miners...

No ASIC manufacturer is treating customers well, except for the green and red teams (yeah nvidia and amd, since they don't have a stake in mining, they don't need to make money off it and screw you over).

GPU mining will be dead in a couple of months.
Tried trading and wasn't too good at it.

Purchasing KNC's Jupiter worked out well for me.
Hashfast screwed me over.

Spondoolies will be my final attempt at being a miner and if it doesn't work out, I'm out.

Let's compare apple to apple, 16 posts on the Hashfast forum since 9am April 29th.  5 pages worth of 20 posts per page = 100 posts on KnC since 9am April 29th.   Not sure if KnC has 6x as many customers or just 6x as many trolls.

Everyone's too busy suing hashfast to be posting on the forums.  They broke their TOS and that is that.  There is nothing more to be said.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:25:51 PM

Knc miners office is hardly 15 km from my house and Id rather order a miner from another part of the world than knc as they dont have a good reputation when it comes to delivery and ROI. I still dont understand how you guys risk hundreds and thousands of dollars with pre order crap. A guy on there fb page ordered 90 neptunes and is waiting since months lol I guess thats enough proof to ahow knc is a circus.

Order your miner from Israel? Check my sig Cheesy

That's why I said remotely close.  Knowing Avenger, I don't believe he will knowingly say anything nice about KnC, but this one comes close.

So I still don't get why all the hates for KnC when they have essentially absorbing the 50+ % drop in bitcoin value.   Yet I don't see as much hatred on the HashFast forum where most people who ordered there lost 75% of their bitcoin value (a gain of 4-5x for HashFast) and none of the B2- B4 pre-order customers have received any refund or any response from HashFast.

You are wrong here. Spondoolies is treating all their customer very well.

AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:38:32 PM

forgot them?Huh? forgot them?Huh? (have to sit down I feel dizzy......alas I wish I could purchase jupiters and give
them the attention of purchasing them the same weight as usb 333mh asic miners....

the mind boggles

Searing

(ps hire me to run you gh empire...i'd remember!!! Wink
You will eventually.  But unless you have too much money, did the investment bring anything in return. . .
"some Neptunes" and "forgot them"  

Something doesn't fit here...  I absolute don't forget an investment of tens of thousends of dollars.
I entered the BTC mania by investing in a KNC Saturn (that is still mining by the way) and was ready to loose the ~4600$ I invested.
I already cashed back my investment, so everything else is extra and if I loose it I don't really care.
I had a stressful and demanding job, so I played a lot with the BTC, managed to gain some, and used it all to buy a few Neptunes, to get my mind of the BTC world. In the meantime, I totally forgot about them.

All I see now, is a bunch of people that asked for a refund or exchanged their order for a Titan or a 3Th 28nm.
I understand that people are afraid to not get their investment back.
I personally think, I'll get back the BTC I used after 4 to 6 mouths  of mining if we receive, the paid ones (and not the free ones) before July.

Could you give me half of you optimism?  Grin
I would be the happiest guy in the world.  Cool
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:47:18 PM

Who wants to buy 5.4TH miner for $10? its possible! http://devcoinauctions.com/blog/auction/sp30-yukon-august-batch-asic-miner-5-3ths/

early bird special.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:03:27 AM

GPU mining will be dead in a couple of months. -> alternate algorithms
Tried trading and wasn't too good at it. -> you need to do some research, study and practice, that's all. (and don't be overly greedy with each trade)

Purchasing KNC's Jupiter worked out well for me.
Hashfast screwed me over.

Spondoolies will be my final attempt at being a miner and if it doesn't work out, I'm out.

Everyone's too busy suing hashfast to be posting on the forums.  They broke their TOS and that is that.  There is nothing more to be said.

Wink

Who wants to buy 5.4TH miner for $10? its possible! http://devcoinauctions.com/blog/auction/sp30-yukon-august-batch-asic-miner-5-3ths/

early bird special.

That's closer to the real price lol

EDIT: forum mods, admins, whatever, we need a multi quote function. Thx
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:07:48 AM

That's closer to the real price lol

EDIT: forum mods, admins, whatever, we need a multi quote function. Thx

Its already there, when you hit quote, you can scroll down and add other quotes by clicking the "Insert Quote" links

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 [1653] 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: