Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
BITCOINBITCH

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:06:36 AM

I feel sorry for you guys. KNC are just scam artists preying on weak minds.

Like, weak minds believing that TITAN will eventuate. Those specs are ludicrous and absolutely technologically impossible!
Why haven't billion dollar company's like AMD and Nvidia that have been around for decades bothered to make such high spec ASICS?

Because that's right - Do you understand me? YOU CAN'T!
Your being lied to with GRANDEUR!

This classic HORROR story is being produced by the very company(s) that have LIED to you from day one!
Unfortunately, for anyone wanting justice, this is all orchestrated outside of any law.

This is orthodox sales psychology at its best!

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
themuleman

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:09:41 AM

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I too am a "super" jupiter recipient.

Here are the pics of the trash they sent to me and what I wrote to KNC:

https://plus.google.com/photos/114801911830720817244/albums/6008617557787710401

KURT AND THE REST OF YOU AT KNC:

This is the way you do business.....

1) I NEVER AGREED TO BUILD THIS MYSELF. NO WHERE DID WE AGREE TO THAT. YOU SENT ME A MINER IN PIECES WITHOUT AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL - I'M NOT BUILDING THIS - YOU ARE AND THAT IS WHAT I PAID YOU FOR!

2) I WOULD EXPECT FOR 10000 DOLLARS YOU WOULD AT LEAST PUT MY EQUIPMENT IN A PROTECTED BOX AND FURTHERMORE WOULD NOT PUT ELECTRONICS IN PLASTIC THAT CONDUCT STATIC ELECTRICITY (nice touch).

3) I LOOOOOOVED THE PARTS SHOVED TOGETHER IN A TIGHT BUNDLE WITH PRESSURE COMING DOWN ON ALL THE FRAGILE PARTS OF THE BOARDS. WELL DONE!
4) AS FOR THE PIECES....THEY ARE BROKEN AND BENT. TRANSISTORS FALLING OFF OF BOARDS, COMPOUND STUCK TO RANDOM PARTS, BOARDS HANGING HALFWAY OUT OF THE PLASTIC.
5) THE BOX....HAHA....THE BOX....WELL I'LL LET THE PICTURES DO MOST OF THE TALKING BUT YOU REALLY THINK THOSE BOXES ARE WORTHY OF SHIPPING 10000 DOLLARS WORTH OF EQUIPMENT - OH YES, THE SUBSTANDARD EQUIPMENT WE AGREED TO TAKE OFF YOUR HANDS?Huh?
DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT "WE'RE GOING TO FOLLOW THE MODEL OF A FAMOUS SWEDISH FURNITURE COMPANY". WELL MY FRIENDS, YOU CERTAINLY ARE FAMOUS BUT YOU ARE NO WHERE CLOSE TO THEIR STANDARD.

I EXPECT 100% SATISFACTION. A WORKING, FINISHED MACHINE - NOW. IF YOU CAN NOT DO SO, I WANT MY MONEY BACK IMMEDIATELY.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO INSULTED BY A BUSINESS BEFORE, THIS REALLY HAS REACHED A NEW LEVEL.
I HAVE TO REFER BACK TO ONE OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS ABOUT "LOYAL CUSTOMERS", GUESS I AM A DAMN AUTHORITY ON WHAT IT MEANS TO BE TREATED AS A LOYAL CUSTOMER!
FIX THIS.....AND FIX IT -> NOW <-

sillywhim

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:11:10 AM

So on wednesday I received my "Super" Jupiter using their improved packaging method

Are these REPLACEMENT asic boards or is this a complete Jupiter 3TH shipment that you've dismantled?
freakingcat

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:28:17 AM

Saturday...guess KnC went on another weekend....just to issue a sorry, but its all UPS fault statement on monday and why don't you send us back more faulty boards and we replace them with more second hand crap from our data centre...

Is there a class law action suit already on its way? I will definitely join. I feel scammed and don't dare to run their dangerously designed hardware, EVEN if they manage one day to send boards from which not parts come falling off.

Imagine a car producer who sells cars where the wheels come off!

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:50:35 AM

So on wednesday I received my "Super" Jupiter using their improved packaging method (have a look at the pictures):

Just before the weekend I got this answer from Keith:

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in reply. Sorry to hear about the issues you have with the miner and the damage sustained. Please could you test all boards and let us know exactly how many boards are not fully working or functional at all and we will then be able to issue an RMA for the damaged/faulty boards to be sent back to us for replacements.

We hope to have this issue resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards  |
Med vänlig hälsning

Keith Gurnett

Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

Really?

OK 1x with the offer they made....ship another free I get it....2x you get broke stuff and they want you to RMA ...well screw that ...yell on KNC forums that is how the original orders were re-shipped and ask for a REFUND...if they can't get the damn things to you TWICE ...screw it you should be able to opt out to your original Neptune option to REFUND...then if they wanted all the broken parts first (to look them over for Q & A) then sure I'd pay to ship the works back for a REFUND

duh me I got a Titan ....why do I have a monumental feeling that was a really big F**k*p.......KNC is like all is well up to and during the wedding/honeymoon and then the 'beatings' begin

They IMHO should just offer FULL REFUNDS to you guys...and sure they'd want the parts back but really? The only reason I can see they DON'T  want to give you all a refund is that it is cheaper for them to pay you off with the 3TH units  THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY USED ...thus skipping over this whole " giving your $$$ back refund issue" you get crap the first time we send crap the 2nd time ..eventually maybe you will pick out enough boards that work by the 4th of 5th RMA shuffle....

get you lawyer to call them up....after the 2nd attempt and still getting broken crap I'm fairly sure your odds will improve dramatically on a refund...and for those who get 2nd units for free and they work ..this all is not an issue ..which you could also point out to them .you ARE the exception in their attempts to fix the problem....you should get a refund..not yet go thru a 3rd attempt at getting broken products...

I've no dog in this fight I upgraded to a Titan (when I thought they had Quality Controls) and gave refunds promptly..them days seem to be past

good luck

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:52:47 AM

Previously I was getting about 2THs total with my FrankenJup. Today I spent a couple of hours moving things around and reconnecting cables. I managed to get every ASIC hashing although I have several dead dies on one unit. I'm getting around 2.8THs now.

So don't give up guys! If you want to get these hashing, you just might be able to with a little more effort. Obviously if you have broken boards that are missing parts, don't even try. Double-check your IDC and PCIe cables and make sure they are plugged in properly and wiggle those heatsinks around and get them centered. Good luck!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:57:49 AM

Previously I was getting about 2THs total with my FrankenJup. Today I spent a couple of hours moving things around and reconnecting cables. I managed to get every ASIC hashing although I have several dead dies on one unit. I'm getting around 2.8THs now.

So don't give up guys! If you want to get these hashing, you just might be able to with a little more effort. Obviously if you have broken boards that are missing parts, don't even try. Double-check your IDC and PCIe cables and make sure they are plugged in properly and wiggle those heatsinks around and get them centered. Good luck!

maybe you know this cause you got the 3th kinda sorta working (I assume this is your first order...so you may be golden if you get the 2nd order by some miracle undamaged?)

anyway

with the pics of the transistors (small box items pencil lead sized) ....see prev posts for pics....

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE assuming you found a TV Tech and/or went to the local University Electronics Dept ....assuming they' help you ..IS THIS EVEN FIXABLE?

(I have not shown my tech buddy these pics yet)

looks like a heck of a hack to get them little beasties back on the board and soldered and working w/o frying them imho

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:13:00 AM

maybe you know this cause you got the 3th kinda sorta working (I assume this is your first order...so you may be golden if you get the 2nd order by some miracle undamaged?)

anyway

with the pics of the transistors (small box items pencil lead sized) ....see prev posts for pics....

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE assuming you found a TV Tech and/or went to the local University Electronics Dept ....assuming they' help you ..IS THIS EVEN FIXABLE?

(I have not shown my tech buddy these pics yet)

looks like a heck of a hack to get them little beasties back on the board and soldered and working w/o frying them imho

Searing

This was the first shipment and I guess I was luckier than most. I imagine I will get 18 more ASIC boards but they are essentially worthless unless you buy 3 additional controllers, 18 heatsinks and 3 more PSUs.

I did order 2 controllers so I can get another 2THs. Believe me, it was very difficult to pull the trigger and give more money to KNC! I'm not going to bother with ordering a 3rd controller board because I reached the maximum capacity that my circuits can take. I even bought a Tripp-lite PDU to plug into my 220v dryer outlet. I'll probably have to sell my S1s when/if my Monarchs arrive.
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:19:49 AM

I think you're missing the point though.  We paid $10k per unit, some of us $13k.  We should have received brand new, working mining machines that started hashing as soon as they were plugged in and switched on.  You're crazy if you're willing to go through this kind of pain after spending that much money.  I escaped with my refund and I'm done with these fucks, forever.

It's completely unimaginable and fucked up that KnC is pushing this shit and getting away with it. 
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:30:08 AM

I think you're missing the point though.  We paid $10k per unit, some of us $13k.  We should have received brand new, working mining machines that started hashing as soon as they were plugged in and switched on.  You're crazy if you're willing to go through this kind of pain after spending that much money.  I escaped with my refund and I'm done with these fucks, forever.

It's completely unimaginable and fucked up that KnC is pushing this shit and getting away with it. 

Geez, how am I missing the point?! I'm a victim of KNC just like everyone else. But I have this equipment here so I might as well mine if at all possible.  Right? I'm not happy about this AT ALL! Read some of my previous posts. I'm an angry little bugger, lol.

I'm just sharing my experience with the community with hopes that I may be able to help or encourage someone else who happens to be in a similar predicament.
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:06:00 AM

So on wednesday I received my "Super" Jupiter using their improved packaging method

Are these REPLACEMENT asic boards or is this a complete Jupiter 3TH shipment that you've dismantled?

Complete Jupiter 3TH.

The shipment using the first packaging method was never sent out to me or was called back while in transit, so I never received that one.

The only shipment I received is the one where they used the DIY packaging method, but unfortunately with similar results.

Funny thing is they are not offering to send the same 18 replacement boards as they did to any other customer who received broken hardware.
I'd have to RMA the boards instead...

Also quite surprised to see the hardware had already been used (in their data center)!?

Prepare to enter a world of stress
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:10:14 AM

Also quite surprised to see the hardware had already been used (in their data center)!?

*cough*

not surprised in the slightest.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:27:16 AM

I'd be interested to know ... anyone in the UK who received S2 batch 3 ... what customs payment did you have to pay the courier company? Bitmain at times on the S1 declared a low value, are they still doing this?

First, wrong thread mate Smiley but in answer to your question, its pot luck, sometimes they declare full value, sometimes they declare what you ask them and sometimes they declare a randon number they pull out of their hat.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
yelloyello

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:05:23 PM

Same situation here. I am really shocked....

I build rigs by myself, because the delivered cases are garbage. Received the same email from KNC.
I will suggest them to give us 3 TH cloud untill the problems with the heavily used second-hand stuff are solved.
They advised me to run the diagnostic program. It says everything is ok, but look at the screenshot. Its not.

freakingcat

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:59:55 PM

I got delivered my 3TH super shit and as most of the boards were damaged KnC shipped me the same crap again! I played around the first day with my technician and got 1.8 TH working. I left it on for testing 24 hours. More boards stopped working and I have hot 300 Gigahash working now.

I HAVE ENOUGH KnC!!!

Give me back my money

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:25:08 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 03:11:39 PM by The Avenger

Those who bought a non-refundable seat on the KNC TITANic must be feeling pretty good right about now Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Ghrindy

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:42:01 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 02:52:19 PM by Ghrindy

Never thought the endorsement to crumbs' (and xstr8guy's) comment on the HashFail-thread would be applicable to KnC at that time!

3.  As xstr8guy suggested above (not sure if he was joking, but wait...), even flipping the whole magella around, so that the back of the case

faces the front (becomes the inlet side) would be a more elegant solution.  At least the case would only get the exhaust from the Rube

Goldbergian twin PSs
, not the full furnace blast of the 3 ASICs.

Nice analogy !

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/assets_c/2010/09/mailletter-thumb-600x310-33875.gif

Edit: grammar
freakingcat

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:58:49 PM

How to File with the Swedish Consumer Agency (KO)
Today, 06:53 PM
If anyone is so inclined, here are the English instructions. It is also available in other languages.

http://www.konsumentverket.se/otherl...e-a-complaint/

The Swedish Consumer Agency/KO can take measures against:
misleading advertising and other types of marketing
unfair contract terms
incorrect price information
dangerous products and services
Your complaint should include:
The advert, the contractual terms, the packaging, the product or anything else that you felt was incorrect. As regards radio or television advertising, please state the date the advertisement was broadcasted, time, channel and which company the advertisement was for. State your telephone number and any other contact details in case we need to reach you for additional information.

Send the complaint to:
Konsumentverket
Box 48
651 02 Karlstad

You can also send your complaint by e-mail. It is then just as important to attach the above mentioned information, for example as a scanned appendix.
Send your complaint by e-mail.
konsumentverket(a)konsumentverket.se

The Swedish Consumer Agency is a government agency. This means, according to the general rule, that all documents received by the Swedish Consumer Agency/KO become public and can therefore be requested and read by the general public.

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:36:08 PM

Has anyone else had any luck getting their FrankenJup's running?

freakingcat

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:38:54 PM

I looked into it, here is the Swedish law on defective goods.
Today, 07:04 PM
With regards to goods purchased:
If there is something wrong with a goods you have purchased you have, according to the Consumers Purchases Act, the right to:
demand that the fault is repaired
demand an equivalent product without fault,
receive a price reduction,
receive compensation to have the good repaired,
cancel the purchase and get your money back,
claim for damages.
But you cannot claim all the alternatives at the same time. It is really only the claim for damages which can be combined with one of the other alternatives. You have the right to make a complaint about a product up to three years after the purchase.

The details can be found here:

http://www.konsumentverket.se/otherl...odsComplaint-/

Pages: « 1 ... 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: