Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:41:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:29:38 AM

Well I finally did it! I tripped the main breaker to the house. All of my miners (including 29 FrankenJup boards), pool pump, central A/C, portable A/C, evap cooler, various fans, washing machine and microwave were running and I turned on the TV and the breaker tripped. Also, it's over 100f today.

I immediately tried resetting it after turning everything off and it wouldn't start. I waited 30 minutes and it finally reset.

So it looks like I'm going to have to start getting rid of some of my ASICs, underclock my FrankenJups even more or look for datacenter hosting... unless someone has some other helpful tips that don't involve me adding more electrical service to my house.

gas dryer if elec or don't use (or dry stuff at laundry mat for the hot months)
washing machine (see above)

gas stove if elec

don't microwave

get them small usb fans 4" at walmart or menards see if close and more specific helps instead of box fan

by the by I assume your house is 200amp?

I did a quote on elec service from 100amp to 200amp they wanted 2.5K for an 8" conduit/meter elbow straight into the box (ie am being screwed at that price) no outside disconnect box needed...(I could do such but city has rules)

anyway for those who know 100amp box w/o central a/c (the stove/microwave/oven trick above if needed)

well I should be able to handle 4500w worth of miners right? I figure that at about (2500 or so 220v rest 120v) anyway I think
I figured it would be around 55  amps or so with 2 window a/c units (one for miners one for bedroom sleep etc)

so anyway if above is correct being careful with what/how i run stuff?  should be ok?

anyway trying to find a 'retired' electrician with a license or something where I do the work he looks it over and signs off on it
then goes to elec inspector..who has to 'confirm' work before the service can be turned on by the power company ie you have to
set this up so he basically the elec inspector is there at the time of service turn on or so close (same day) he pop'd up a sticker
on your box for that day...

what a pain in the ass FML

anyway if I can get this price down from  2.5K to around 1.5k I may do it?

my experiences

thanks you can PM me any of the above if you have thoughts (sorry we kinda drifted off topic)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:41:38 AM

If youre miner aint broke, just keep your hands off!
Firmware update is not always needed.

ahh, but my miners are broke and I have a bag of parts to prove it!

...so seriously broken that overclocking seems to throw them into a state of shock!  22 boards was 3.6 now  4 th
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:56:54 AM

Well I finally did it! I tripped the main breaker to the house. All of my miners (including 29 FrankenJup boards), pool pump, central A/C, portable A/C, evap cooler, various fans, washing machine and microwave were running and I turned on the TV and the breaker tripped. Also, it's over 100f today.

I immediately tried resetting it after turning everything off and it wouldn't start. I waited 30 minutes and it finally reset.

So it looks like I'm going to have to start getting rid of some of my ASICs, underclock my FrankenJups even more or look for datacenter hosting... unless someone has some other helpful tips that don't involve me adding more electrical service to my house.
Impressive. Most impressive.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:05:43 AM

Dead die?

This is an October Jupiter that's been running from 24/7. Noticed I have a dead die. I already increased the SPI voltage all the way up to 3.3V and it wouldn't kick it on. Then I slowly increased the individual die voltage to the MAX, which is +.1465. Didn't awake up the die either. Is there anything else that can be done to kick this die on?  I would really thought that the rig would last a lot longer then 8 months.
My October Jup is dying  - every now & then it stops hashing and says pool URL invalid in PuTTy.

a few reboots/restarts/curse words later and it usually gets back down the shaft

but its happening more often and requiring more effing about to get it back hashing.

in fairness it could do with a scrub - but that can wait.

how about them refunds?

Did you upgrade to Firmware 1.01 ?
Maybe Firmware 1.01 was made to break Octorber/November miners.

I did NOT 'upgrade' for this specific reason.

Still No Refund here either!!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:27:18 AM

gas dryer if elec or don't use (or dry stuff at laundry mat for the hot months)
washing machine (see above)

gas stove if elec

don't microwave

get them small usb fans 4" at walmart or menards see if close and more specific helps instead of box fan

by the by I assume your house is 200amp?

I did a quote on elec service from 100amp to 200amp they wanted 2.5K for an 8" conduit/meter elbow straight into the box (ie am being screwed at that price) no outside disconnect box needed...(I could do such but city has rules)

anyway for those who know 100amp box w/o central a/c (the stove/microwave/oven trick above if needed)

well I should be able to handle 4500w worth of miners right? I figure that at about (2500 or so 220v rest 120v) anyway I think
I figured it would be around 55  amps or so with 2 window a/c units (one for miners one for bedroom sleep etc)

so anyway if above is correct being careful with what/how i run stuff?  should be ok?

anyway trying to find a 'retired' electrician with a license or something where I do the work he looks it over and signs off on it
then goes to elec inspector..who has to 'confirm' work before the service can be turned on by the power company ie you have to
set this up so he basically the elec inspector is there at the time of service turn on or so close (same day) he pop'd up a sticker
on your box for that day...

what a pain in the ass FML

anyway if I can get this price down from  2.5K to around 1.5k I may do it?

my experiences

thanks you can PM me any of the above if you have thoughts (sorry we kinda drifted off topic)

Searing

Thanks for trying to help!

- The house is a rental so messing with the electrical service is out of the question, unfortunately.

- Already have every gas appliance available, water heater, pool heater, stove/oven and dryer. Plus I have a Tripplite PDU plugged into the old dryer outlet that's running a FrankenJup (6 units/18 boards) and an AntMiner S2.

- Don't use microwave?! What will I eat if I can't nuke my frozen dinners? Lol. Maybe I could set my Stouffers on top of my Franken Jups to cook.

- Box fans are being used to exhaust heat not to cool machines.

I also have some Monarchs supposedly coming soon (yeah, don't ask! Lol). so that screws things up even worse. I'll cancel the second order after 6 months, if they allow it. But I have already committed to the Imperial Monarch plus 600GHs compensation unit for my 65nm conversion.
sveetsnelda

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:36:23 AM

Maybe you know this already, but remember that the electrical load is being spread between two conductors to the home.  If you manage to put 100 amps on one conductor, the breaker will trip even if the other conductor only has 50.  You've got quite a bit there (especially the AC), but you may be able to rearrange things so that the breaker doesn't trip (move some of the miners to a different circuit either by plugging them in somewhere else or swapping a breaker or two in the panel so that the load is on the other conductor).  If you've got a clamp meter, it'd be handy.

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:59:51 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 02:12:49 AM by xstr8guy

Maybe you know this already, but remember that the electrical load is being spread between two conductors to the home.  If you manage to put 100 amps on one conductor, the breaker will trip even if the other conductor only has 50.  You've got quite a bit there (especially the AC), but you may be able to rearrange things so that the breaker doesn't trip (move some of the miners to a different circuit either by plugging them in somewhere else or swapping a breaker or two in the panel so that the load is on the other conductor).  If you've got a clamp meter, it'd be handy.

I have miners in virtually every room of the house so they're spread out pretty well. I honestly couldn't tell you if they are spread evenly between the 2 conductors though. I've never actually heard that before and don't know how to check. Using the 30 amp dryer circuit has helped stop individual circuits from tripping though. And I have a lot of watts running through that circuit alone now.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:24:38 AM

Maybe you know this already, but remember that the electrical load is being spread between two conductors to the home.  If you manage to put 100 amps on one conductor, the breaker will trip even if the other conductor only has 50.  You've got quite a bit there (especially the AC), but you may be able to rearrange things so that the breaker doesn't trip (move some of the miners to a different circuit either by plugging them in somewhere else or swapping a breaker or two in the panel so that the load is on the other conductor).  If you've got a clamp meter, it'd be handy.

I have miners in virtually every room of the house so they're spread out pretty well. I honestly couldn't tell you if they are spread evenly between the 2 conductors though. I've never actually heard that before and don't know how to check. Using the 30 amp dryer circuit has helped stop individual circuits from tripping though. And I have a lot of watts running through that circuit alone now.

Maybe "borrow" power from your neighbors Huh 6 AWG extension cord made from Home Depot  Cheesy

Take the cover off the breaker panel,use a clamp amp meter on the two main legs feeding the breaker panel.the "neutral" may go to a small "rack" on either side in the panel with all the white wires connected to it,do not measure that one.

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING in the panel,just clamp on to the cable somewhere & you'll see how much each leg is pulling  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:25:09 AM

Impressive?

I'd call it scary. You jacked your main breaker to the point that it took 30 mins to cool down so it would reset.

Don't take the past suggestions of "Don't use this, don't use that"

Here is the suggestion, reduce your mining equipment until this does not happen. The safety of your home is at risk.

My advice is reduce mining, then turn all that shit on, microwaves, ac, pool pumps etc. and if the breaker does not pop then you have fixed the problem.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:29:13 AM

Impressive?

I'd call it scary. You jacked your main breaker to the point that it took 30 mins to cool down so it would reset.

Here is the suggestion, reduce your mining equipment until this does not happen. The safety of your home is at risk.

My advice is reduce mining, then turn all that shit on, microwaves, ac, pool pumps etc. and if the breaker does not pop then you have fixed the problem.

Agreed you are literally playing with the risk of fire. Host them, sell them do something.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:06:12 AM

Impressive?

Agreed you are literally playing with the risk of fire. Host them, sell them do something.

Indeed, very scary! I'm taking this very seriously. I've just finished underclocking everything possible. Some of the FrankenJup dies don't take kindly to just cutting everything back -0.1099/750MHz so I have to selectively boost some of the dies up a bit. According to the Advanced tab, wattage has dropped about 150 to 200w per 6 boards while losing ~100GHs.

I've also underclocked my previously overclocked Antminer S1s. I'll do my S2 too if I can find a tutorial somewhere.

Also, I'm changing my pool pump timer to only run at night when it's cooler and less things are using electricity in the house. And I just set the house thermostat to 86 during the day. I just bought a portable evaporative cooler that I can use in my office during the day and move to my bedroom at night. It doesn't use much power and lowers the ambient temp around 5 to 10 degrees.
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:16:10 AM

Wow, that is "impressive."  I'm down to running 2 boards and 14 sitting around mostly because of the heat.  I have 9 Gridseed blades that use about 1260 watts, and the heat seems to come from the PSUs more than the actual ASIC boards.  Then I discovered the biggest heat emitter is the new monitor I got.  I've resigned myself to the BTC I've mined so far, my last attempt to rent space to put the boxes seems to have fallen through and I've watched the auctions on eBay and most KnC auctions (except the upgrade boards) go with 0 bids, even the lower priced ones.  Maybe my 3 year old A/C should be replaced and it would cool better.

ntwangxiang

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:38:38 AM

In China, as long as the $4500 3T/S, power consumption is only 2700W! The most important is the cash sale! In February the price is 10000 dollars to have the 3T/S! KNC when will you ship?
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:39:18 AM

Wow, that is "impressive."  I'm down to running 2 boards and 14 sitting around mostly because of the heat.  I have 9 Gridseed blades that use about 1260 watts, and the heat seems to come from the PSUs more than the actual ASIC boards.  Then I discovered the biggest heat emitter is the new monitor I got.  I've resigned myself to the BTC I've mined so far, my last attempt to rent space to put the boxes seems to have fallen through and I've watched the auctions on eBay and most KnC auctions (except the upgrade boards) go with 0 bids, even the lower priced ones.  Maybe my 3 year old A/C should be replaced and it would cool better.

One of the benefits of buying high-quality Gold and Platinum PSUs is their efficiency. The majority of my PSUs are Corsair AX1200i, AX860 or EVGA Supernova G2 1300w. And they all run super quiet and cool.

The only real junky PSU (Enermax) I have came installed in my Antminer S2. I swapped it out with an AX1200i because it couldn't handle the load. I used it to run 3 BFL Singles for a few days before I pulled them from mining duty. It ran so hot I thought it was going to burst into flames, lol.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:01:44 AM

Indeed, very scary! I'm taking this very seriously. I've just finished underclocking everything possible. Some of the FrankenJup dies don't take kindly to just cutting everything back -0.1099/750MHz so I have to selectively boost some of the dies up a bit. According to the Advanced tab, wattage has dropped about 150 to 200w per 6 boards while losing ~100GHs.

I've also underclocked my previously overclocked Antminer S1s. I'll do my S2 too if I can find a tutorial somewhere.

Also, I'm changing my pool pump timer to only run at night when it's cooler and less things are using electricity in the house. And I just set the house thermostat to 86 during the day. I just bought a portable evaporative cooler that I can use in my office during the day and move to my bedroom at night. It doesn't use much power and lowers the ambient temp around 5 to 10 degrees.

How do I underclock the Nov Jupiters? Does the "-0.1099/750MHz" work ok with Nov Jupiters?

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:02:20 AM

Impressive?

I agree. This wouldn't happen with proper power planning.  Sorry, I just assumed everyone did that.

Know the max load on each power point, max load on each circuit, and max load on the entire house as a whole. Then never go above 80% of that for continuous power draw (e.g. mining). Measure every device that draws power (measured at the wall) to create an inventory of everything that draws power (not just miners). If you can't measure, estimate it based on manufacturer specs (e.g. microwave is 1kW).

Make a spreadsheet of everything so you can keep track of power draw at every level, from overall house down to individual power point. Before buying an ASIC, plan how it will fit into the grand scheme.

I have the numbers turn orange if they go over the 80% threshold, and red if over max draw. This is for planning. When looking at a miner, put it into the spreadsheet first. If any of the numbers go orange or red, either don't buy the miner or sell some older ones so the new one will fit.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:40:52 AM

Impressive?

I agree. This wouldn't happen with proper power planning.  Sorry, I just assumed everyone did that.

Know the max load on each power point, max load on each circuit, and max load on the entire house as a whole. Then never go above 80% of that for continuous power draw (e.g. mining). Measure every device that draws power (measured at the wall) to create an inventory of everything that draws power (not just miners). If you can't measure, estimate it based on manufacturer specs (e.g. microwave is 1kW).

Make a spreadsheet of everything so you can keep track of power draw at every level, from overall house down to individual power point. Before buying an ASIC, plan how it will fit into the grand scheme.

I have the numbers turn orange if they go over the 80% threshold, and red if over max draw. This is for planning. When looking at a miner, put it into the spreadsheet first. If any of the numbers go orange or red, either don't buy the miner or sell some older ones so the new one will fit.

Right. Doesn't everyone have a degree in Electrical Engineering?  Cheesy
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:45:12 AM

How do I underclock the Nov Jupiters? Does the "-0.1099/750MHz" work ok with Nov Jupiters?

November Jups are the same boards as FrankenJups. And yes, I started at that setting. Some boards and/or dies just wouldn't get enough juice at that setting so I bumped up the voltage and MHz until they started to run at a decent speed.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:22:32 AM

November Jups are the same boards as FrankenJups. And yes, I started at that setting. Some boards and/or dies just wouldn't get enough juice at that setting so I bumped up the voltage and MHz until they started to run at a decent speed.

Thank you.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

This of course was expected, right? You live in the US and have normal home wiring?

Right now i just have a Jupiter and will be adding an Spoondoolie SP10 and that will be a challenge for me when it gets warmer out. Keeping everything running and cool is gonna be a bitch and LOTS of people are going to freak when they keep snapping breakers in their home. This is why I stopped myself from getting an SP30, just don't have the juice and can't afford to re-wire my home.

What puts a big question mark in my head is die hard miners will spend some times $5,000 upgrading their electrical panel in their home, but they won't add that to the total of the cost of the mining hardware to break even?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Pages: « 1 ... 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: