Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DiabloMiner GPU Miner  (Read 866132 times)
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2010, 02:11:30 PM

Update: I've fixed the nasty Nvidia bug. This should now work correctly on Nvidia and OSX. Everyone go try it and report back.

FAILED again on my machine:

./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u XXXX -p XXXX
Added GeForce 9800 GX2 (#1) (16 CU, local work size of

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Failed to build program on GeForce 9800 GX2 (#1)
   at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner$DeviceState.<init>(DiabloMiner.java:319)
   at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:186)
   at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.main(DiabloMiner.java:89)

Well, at least it failed farther into the kernel build process. This is good news.

Yes Smiley

Anyway, this experience (and others) has convinced me to never buy a nVidia or other heavily proprietary/closed product...I will probably use ATI/AMD next time I upgrade.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pc

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2010, 02:50:20 PM

Update: I've fixed the nasty Nvidia bug. This should now work correctly on Nvidia and OSX. Everyone go try it and report back.

Working for me on OS X now, getting about 5800 khash/sec on my Mac Pro with a GeForce GT 120.

Thank you very much.
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2010, 02:03:00 AM

Hey nvidia users... I just had an nvidia user on IRC confirm my miner DOES work... but you have to use the beta drivers.

So, sweet, I fixed it. Go upgrade your drivers.

Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2010, 12:58:45 PM

At the moment, my miner doesn't work on Geforce until Nvidia fixes their bugs... however, in your case, its because you're using a headless version of the JDK. Install a non-headless version of the JDK.

If you can figure out a good workaround for the Geforce bug (see above posts for description), feel free to send me a patch.
Actually no, I believe the problem is more likely that the library is linked against a different version of the Sun JVM. The headless problem can be easily solved using

-Djava.awt.headless=true

Since GeForce are buggy I will wait for them to work before having another go Smiley

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2010, 03:18:18 PM

At the moment, my miner doesn't work on Geforce until Nvidia fixes their bugs... however, in your case, its because you're using a headless version of the JDK. Install a non-headless version of the JDK.

If you can figure out a good workaround for the Geforce bug (see above posts for description), feel free to send me a patch.
Actually no, I believe the problem is more likely that the library is linked against a different version of the Sun JVM. The headless problem can be easily solved using

-Djava.awt.headless=true

Since GeForce are buggy I will wait for them to work before having another go Smiley

lwjgl doesn't handle being headless correctly yet. So, trying to force awt headless, or running with DISPLAY unset, will cause either the error you have or the ELFCLASS32 error. lwjgl is linked against java 1.5, and my app is built against 1.6, so its not an issue of what version stuff was built with, it works with many versions of sun and openjdk.

As for the Geforce bug, see the post above yours, I think I have it finally fixed, just use the beta drivers.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2010, 03:36:14 PM

Hi Diablo, I tested new binary on MacOS, which was not working before two days. Everything works perfectly now!

FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 06:54:23 AM

Hello.  I looked through this thread and can't find the download link for this client.

Repost please? Smiley

Thank you.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 07:15:52 AM

Hello.  I looked through this thread and can't find the download link for this client.

Repost please? Smiley

Thank you.

It's in the very first post of the thread, at the top, where it says "Newest binary".
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2010, 01:39:46 AM

Update: Removed -a, it autodetects it now

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2010, 02:00:56 PM

Update: Made logging output more consistent

slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2010, 06:42:32 PM

Feature request: Please support targets with less than 32bits of zeros
Reason: Miner is not properly working on testnet, where target can be under that. I'm also working on cooperative mining server and would like to introduce small targets for counting shares of every worker. DiabloMiner with correct target handling will be compatible with this mining server...

Thanks!

Waterfox

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2010, 10:35:54 PM

How's this vs. all the other mining tools?
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2010, 02:33:42 AM

Feature request: Please support targets with less than 32bits of zeros
Reason: Miner is not properly working on testnet, where target can be under that. I'm also working on cooperative mining server and would like to introduce small targets for counting shares of every worker. DiabloMiner with correct target handling will be compatible with this mining server...

Thanks!

testnet, for the time being, has been > 32 bits. Checking if H <= target (instead of H == 0 and then G <= in the host code) would slow it down.  I could add it, but it'd cause complexity that might slow it down for normal users if I do it wrong.

How's this vs. all the other mining tools?

Its faster than m0's, which is your only other option.

Expez

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 03:01:46 AM

Could someone please take the time to write down the steps needed to get this to run on Win7 x64?
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2010, 04:15:15 AM

testnet, for the time being, has been > 32 bits. Checking if H <= target (instead of H == 0 and then G <= in the host code) would slow it down.  I could add it, but it'd cause complexity that might slow it down for normal users if I do it wrong.

Well, but this check is performed only when possible valid block is found, right? So we are talking about 'slowing down' once per tens of seconds or even minutes for every worker (depends on target and machine speed).

I'm asking that because strict checking on workers are much 'cheaper' than lazy checking on workers and full check on central server. For saving server resources we need to distribute full target checking as much as possible...

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2010, 05:39:23 AM

H == 0 is checked for every nonce... m0's does H == 0 and G <= target in the kernel for every nonce, and pays a slight speed penalty for it. So, if I check H <= target, I will pay a similar speed penalty.

Edit: Also, you have to check the full hash on your side anyhow when you submit it to your bitcoind via getwork. It will reject it if its wrong (returns false).

Expez

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 06:05:17 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2010, 06:17:34 AM by Expez

[13.12.10 07:10:53] Started
[13.12.10 07:10:53] ERROR: No OpenCL platforms found.

Some more bruteforcing and I seem to be a little closer. Trying on Win7 x64, with ATI 5870. I just installed the ATI stream SDK v2.2 and I see to be one step closer now. Any idea why it fails to identify the OpenCL drivers?
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2010, 07:23:32 AM

[13.12.10 07:10:53] Started
[13.12.10 07:10:53] ERROR: No OpenCL platforms found.

Some more bruteforcing and I seem to be a little closer. Trying on Win7 x64, with ATI 5870. I just installed the ATI stream SDK v2.2 and I see to be one step closer now. Any idea why it fails to identify the OpenCL drivers?

Try installing the version of Catalyst that includes the the stream runtime already (downloading offers two choices, 10.12 is supposed to eliminate this and always include the runtime).

slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2010, 12:03:22 PM

H == 0 is checked for every nonce... m0's does H == 0 and G <= target in the kernel for every nonce, and pays a slight speed penalty for it. So, if I check H <= target, I will pay a similar speed penalty.

Well, in fact, there are two different problems:
1. Allow small targets - under 32 bits (H > 0)
2. Perform full checking before send work back to bitcoin to save server resources.

ad 1)
I think it could be easy for every nonce to not compare H == 0, but H <= constant, where constant is pre-counted for every work from bitcoin. It should be easy and safe enough to pick last 32 bits from target and convert to this constant.

ad 2)
Full checking is not performed for every nonce, but only when H <= constant is found. So it does not slow down computing (as it is performed only for hashes which already passed first check), but save resources for server

Edit: Also, you have to check the full hash on your side anyhow when you submit it to your bitcoind via getwork. It will reject it if its wrong (returns false).

Yes, I'm checking result of bitcoin's getwork() to obtain if block was found. My own checking is against low target to counting worker's shares.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2010, 05:05:17 PM

Well, in fact, there are two different problems:
1. Allow small targets - under 32 bits (H > 0)
2. Perform full checking before send work back to bitcoin to save server resources.

ad 1)
I think it could be easy for every nonce to not compare H == 0, but H <= constant, where constant is pre-counted for every work from bitcoin. It should be easy and safe enough to pick last 32 bits from target and convert to this constant.

ad 2)
Full checking is not performed for every nonce, but only when H <= constant is found. So it does not slow down computing (as it is performed only for hashes which already passed first check), but save resources for server

Yes, I'm checking result of bitcoin's getwork() to obtain if block was found. My own checking is against low target to counting worker's shares.

Except you misunderstood what I said about 2. I _already_ fully check the hash, from scratch, using the full 80 bytes of header just to make sure its correct. However, _you must also check this_ as you cannot accept user input as valid. It would take me three seconds to screw over the entire pool once it gets going.

Also, re: 1. See how m0's kernel does it? He has a kernel arg named target, and the kernel does G <= target. This is exactly the same thing as doing H <= target, I would code it exactly this way. GPU hardware can check if something == 0 much faster than <=.

The only reason I would add this code is if, eventually, testnet difficulty dramatically drops again and this would need to be ready before hand.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: