Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:51:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317659 times)
bigpoppa

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:47:53 AM

For basically 3 years this coin has been dead. 3 years of nothing. 3 years of little to no volume in trading. 3 years of utter absolute shit! You guys all stand here high and mighty going don't take my coin, you can't do this, you can't do that! Please tell me now, what you have done for this coin? Yet you stand here and talk down to these (new)members like trash, who are actively trying to revive this coin and fulfill the dreams of the past Dev of MOONcoin. These guys/girls taking time out of their day to actively work on, promote, come up with ideas etc, and all you can do is cry over MOON coin actually having a direction.

You are a bunch of whingers with no direction, that cry over a logo change. It's 2017 guys, a lot has changed in the crypto world, and these guys are working their asses off to make something of this. Stop with the shit!

Every new coin created has a core dev team. I mean fuck me did you not witness what just happened to Bitcoin? With no core dev, everyone fighting and wanting other things. We are all in this to prosper. Having a board of the community will help this coin blossom, and decisions can be made in a timely manner. If you are here thinking this is my coin, I don't want you to change it, bla bla bla- get out or do something and help. We all have the same vision, to make money and to see the coin grow into something purposeful in this world.

Seriously let's move forward and stop your whinging. 50 odd pages of just crap and bullshit.

Spread love it's the Brooklyn way.
BigPoppa
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoveandPeace2018

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:14:42 AM

I have never seen a token/coin having a board (Please send your proofs if you any). People should please stop talking about board.

There's been a lot of dictatorship here

I think what we need now is having an official team (Core developer, ad manager, .....) and each person in the group should work mostly in it's field while feeding back the community. The community needs to know those working for this project. The names too should be on the official website. It'll give us a better reputation.
bigpoppa

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:31:30 AM

Board/team/coregroup call it whatever, the shit is exactly the same.

I have never seen a token/coin having a board (Please send your proofs if you any). People should please stop talking about board.

I think what we need now is having an official team (Core developer, ad manager, .....) and each person in the group should work mostly in it's field while feeding back the community. The community needs to know those working for this project. The names too should be on the official website. It'll give us a better reputation.

Oh and midmir, nice to see you made a new user to support your crap.
midmir

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:19:02 PM

Board/team/coregroup call it whatever, the shit is exactly the same.

Oh and midmir, nice to see you made a new user to support your crap.

Yeah, luckily for me LoveandPeace2018 and Mooncoin_Foundation, arcmetal, Sentti, asgwinner and so on are all my profiles.

My crap is simple - decentralized in nature project will stay decentralized.

All TO accounts are less than 6 months old.

Instead, can you argue reasonably on the 100% valid arguments which Mooncoin_Foundation and arcmetal provided?
No, you can't simply because those are valid principles. Systems with single point of failure - fail.

After you can not attack the arguments you simply ignore them and you are going against the person. Something the Latins used few thousand of years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

So Barrysty1e did not contacted coinmarketcap to change the logo. Who did it then? Or is a secret.
midmir

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:23:12 PM

Mooncoin foundation you're invited to join the board. Any other long term supporters can apply here.

Who are you to invite? The director of directors?
After Mooncoin_Foundation clearly stated multiple times that he is against this stupid idea and politely explained to you again and again why with 100% valid arguments.

Such structures in the world are the reason Bitcoin was invented in the first place.
This reminded me of a line I just read today from "Mastering Bitcoin" 2nd edition, by A.M. Antonopoulos c 2017: (ch. 1, p. 3)

When cryptography started becoming more broadly available and understood in the late 1980s, many researchers began trying to use cryptography to build digital currencies...

Although these earlier digital currencies worked, they were centralized and, as a result, were easy to attack by governments and hackers...

To be robust against intervention by antagonists, whether legitimate governments or criminal elements, a decentralized digital currency was needed to avoid a single point of attack.  Bitcoin is such a system, decentralized by design, and free of any central authority or point of control that can be attacked or corrupted.
Why do I even need to restate what is already a basic fundamental.  There are only a few basic elements to these modern digital currencies, remove any one of these things and this stuff ceases to exist.

Yes, basic fundamental principles to build upon.

"free of any central authority or point of control that can be attacked or corrupted." - Andreas Antonopoulos

He must be my profile.
midmir

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:28:58 PM

Decentralisation is not about black markets like someone mentioned before, no dark markets accept or will accept MOON simply because all MOON transactions are transparent, it's like an open book, black markets use true anon coins as Monero or Dash.

MOON's unique feature is that it's backed by common people, sometimes has problems due to all this mess,
but NEVERTHELESS it's very popular. People like it, for them MOON is like a good old friend, even with all problems, anyway trusted and good one.
If you position it like a company, it's a different story, it's not unique, and not a friend.

The additional way to position it is that it can be a coin for scientific and social progress, Evangelo understands it well.

And now imagine: a coin that supports scientific and social progress and backed by common people all over the world and decentralised like Bitcoin and Internet.
That can compete with top coins.

The team is welcome, a team that understands things and doesn't affect a coin.
A team that is wise enough to allow the coin stay decentralised, with a quite neutral control.

Nice one!
Big-moon-discord

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:57:03 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 01:13:56 PM by Big-moon-discord

The board will make sure these things you say mooncoin is good for will actually come about in a reasonable time frame.

It is fair to assume that people live complicated difficult lives, and they take help in any form that it takes. Suffice it to say, people don´t care whether something is decentralised or not, but they do care about making their lives easier. Money is the means to an easier life for most people, and an investment directed by sound-minded, market-focused serious people, who do make the right decisions isn't going to be dismissed lightly- right decisions as in market tested, rationally constructed.

As of now, we are still engaged in competition with the cryptosphere, we will lose because we currently don't have the resources or team to compete with the next generation of cryptocurrencies. There are many advanced currencies being developed by teams of programmers with huge budgets paid for by their icos and independent investors. The prudent ones of the last gen packed their coins with features and adopted multiple algorithms to cater to markets they previously had a weak influence and created more usage scenarios, as a result, future-proofed their tech.

In consideration of our apparent lack, to maximise our potential we must play our position and be aware of the measures we can take, to persuade the cautious investor and casual observer alike, that we know where we´re going and how to get there. The most apparent route to success is ignoring the cryptosphere entirely. The Blockchain is new technology and hasn't had an impact on the consumer markets as of yet- if it disappears tomorrow, the only people who would notice the difference are those currently involved in it- but the tech industry is integral to every company across the planet. Mooncoin can thrive on outdated tech from a highly competitive environment when put in a market that knows very little of the environment it comes from, as long as it solves a problem. As an open-source software company whose sole focus is distributing its product, Mooncoin will do well. This is where the board will show its value, because businesses do not want to do business with a phantom-  businesses and other organisations have their brand image to protect. Considering Bitcoin's negative stigma in populist opinion, it is likely that we will get rejected by most businesses if we don't have public representation.

I identify many of the older members here as having anarcho-crypto beliefs. Anarchism doesn't work, it is inconducive to innovation, and the consensus is to make everyone's lives better and to make our collective imagination a reality through technology- this needs an organised system. Regardless of how you feel about satoshis vision, it was near-sighted. Public opinion is fickle, I disliked the banks until they liquidated my debt and now they aren't so bad, i disliked the government until they came through with their pledge to provide free healthcare, and i still dislike the government but with less urgency to overthrow them. People are manipulated by government spin-doctors in cooperation with the mainstream media and disapproval is managed and mediated. Any direct opposition toward the current system will result in failure because they have the resources, the support, and the infrastructure to outclass opposition. However, one way to effect change is from within- work with the current system and create a strong position; google, facebook, apple, amazon, and other NGOs are powerful lobbyists to government and arguably do have more power than most individual governments. Cryptocurrency will get there, but it needs representatives like the ones we can see in the ethereum alliance.

Mooncoin doesn't have a strong enough hand to compete in its own market- the cryptosphere- and hoping the market will change it's perception of Mooncoin due to the virtue of being here for so long won´t make it happen. We're being outclassed, outsmarted, and outplayed everyday by organisations with deeper pockets, experienced people with indepth knowledge of systems of governance, and bigger teams. We need the board so to be considered a serious player, outside of the cryptosphere, in our real target markets.

To compete with what is currently on offer we need a bigger budget than what the current level of donations can afford,
at the minimum we will need more experienced devs and a marketing team head by a pro. The board will organise all of this because it's purpose is to build the Mooncoin ecosystem.

Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:04:57 PM

MIDMIR

All TO accounts are less than 6 months old. - This is an ad hominem attack[/u]

After you can not attack the arguments you simply ignore them and you are going against the person. Something the Latins used few thousand of years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

midmir

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:38:40 PM

MIDMIR

No, it is not. It's just a curious fact which I find pretty disturbing. What a coincidence yes?

Did you get this part:

"free of any central authority or point of control that can be attacked or corrupted." - Andreas Antonopoulos

and this one:

"The team is welcome, a team that understands things and doesn't affect a coin.
A team that is wise enough to allow the coin stay decentralised, with a quite neutral control." - Mooncoin_Foundation

If you really want to help do not try to further centralize and control Mooncoin. It is against its nature.
If you not comply with the Mooncoin founding principles feel free to start your own project on whatever grounds and structure you like.

Can you help Mooncoin without centralize it by any means?
Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:48:40 PM

MIDMIR

No, it is not. It's just a curious fact which I find pretty disturbing. What a coincidence yes?

Did you get this part:

and this one:

"The team is welcome, a team that understands things and doesn't affect a coin.
A team that is wise enough to allow the coin stay decentralised, with a quite neutral control." - Mooncoin_Foundation

If you really want to help do not try to further centralize and control Mooncoin. It is against its nature.
If you not comply with the Mooncoin founding principles feel free to start your own project on whatever grounds and structure you like.

Can you help Mooncoin without centralize it by any means?

Some members of this board seem to believe it already is centralised by mooncoinfoundation and the people he trusts.

Mooncoin is for everyone and we are giving it to everyone by preparing it for everyone.

If you feel strongly for mooncoin please apply to join the board.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

If you think that my posts were only about pure ideas, which you don't care of, or don't agree with,
no, they are also about will Mooncoin be 100 Sat or 0.1 Sat again,
please read these posts carefully,
the good and transparent team is great, from Discord or from anywhere else, if they understand things and don't affect MOON (and its price),
it will be only appreciated by people.

Then I will be calm about the Mooncoin future and can even not to post in this thread not to make it look like the ANN is centralised by me.

The point is
not to make a big mistake, by not knowing or not understanding that this market cap $10-12 mil  is the worth of decentralised project and that the decentralised Mooncoin project can have an unlimited potential (again, the team that understands it and acts according to that is great),

meanwhile the worth of centralised project can be estimated much lower by the market and be limited by the worth of company behind the project and its sales.

btcionchi

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:04:47 PM

视乎很有兴趣。
Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:07:10 PM

If you think that my posts were only about pure ideas, which you don't care of, or don't agree with,
the good and transparent team is great, from Discord or from anywhere else, if they understand things and don't affect MOON (and its price),

We intend on growing the ecosystem and positively affect the price.

Then I will be calm about the Mooncoin future and can even not to post in this thread not to make it look like the ANN is centralised by me.

This will be best, but the invitation for you to sit on the board remains open

The point is
not to make a big mistake, by not knowing or not understanding that this market cap $10-12 mil  is the worth of decentralised project and that the decentralised Mooncoin project can have an unlimited potential (again, the team that understands it and acts according to that is great),

Alright i think I speak for everyone when I say we will pay attention to this advice

meanwhile the worth of centralised project can be estimated much lower by the market and be limited by the worth of company behind the project and its sales.

nearly every ico has a publicised team with an obvious hierarchy.

Thanks for your advice.
midmir

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:14:57 PM

We intend on growing the ecosystem and positively affect the price.

This will be best, but the invitation for you to sit on the board remains open

The point is

Alright i think I speak for everyone when I say we will pay attention to this advice

nearly every ico has a publicised team with an obvious hierarchy.

Thanks for your advice.

The ICO's didn't existed when Mooncoin was around. It is entirely different model. Private cryptocurrencies are not much different from fiat. When you take VC money of course there will be hierarchy. Mooncoin and other decentralized coins do not have hierarchy and this is the POINT.
I am sorry for repeating myself but Mooncoin is not a company, it is not private and will not be. There is no such thing as board.

After we saw the logo vote was not legit and was manipulated, we need to revert it back.

Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:39:14 PM

The ICO's didn't existed when Mooncoin was around. It is entirely different model.

Yes the landscape has changed quite a bit, the current state of the cryptosphere doesn't allow the old model to be successful, we're going with the times and not being left behind.

Private cryptocurrencies are not much different from fiat. When you take VC money of course there will be hierarchy. Mooncoin and other decentralized coins do not have hierarchy and this is the POINT.
I am sorry for repeating myself but Mooncoin is not a company, it is not private and will not be. There is no such thing as board.

The board won't strategize in public. Mooncoin will still be decentralised but we are adopting some aspects of a centralised organisation because it better fits the current climate.

After we saw the logo vote was not legit and was manipulated, we need to revert it back.

False accusation. This began in the early days of the discord community by people who value democracy. 
There were two consecutive votes, this first had many entries including the old design, and the new design won with little opposition. The second vote, which was heavily advertised over a week, was won by the new design. 

This afforded Mooncoin a significant amount of support, seen by the sell walls accumulating and reduced participation across all forums. We all looked like fools arguing over a vector and no one wants to invest in a fools enterprise.   
midmir

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:59:00 PM

The ICO's didn't existed when Mooncoin was around. It is entirely different model.

Yes the landscape has changed quite a bit, the current state of the cryptosphere doesn't allow the old model to be successful, we're going with the times and not being left behind.
Bullshit. Can you prove your claim? If is not successful what you want from Mooncoin just go to another coin.
By the way the decentralization is the new model - Napster and Bittorrent for example.

Private cryptocurrencies are not much different from fiat. When you take VC money of course there will be hierarchy. Mooncoin and other decentralized coins do not have hierarchy and this is the POINT.

The board won't strategize in public. Mooncoin will still be decentralised but we are adopting some aspects of a centralised organisation because it better fits the current climate.

Bullshit. You are doing nothing more than sloppy attempt of TO. If you centralize Mooncoin you are burring it to the ground sooner or later. LOOKS LIKE THIS IS YOUR GOAL.

False accusation. This began in the early days of the discord community by people who value democracy.  
There were two consecutive votes, this first had many entries including the old design, and the new design won with little opposition. The second vote, which was heavily advertised over a week, was won by the new design.  
Yeah, no one choose the macdonalds logo. You should be ashamed by selling those cheap tricks.

This afforded Mooncoin a significant amount of support, seen by the sell walls accumulating and reduced participation across all forums. We all looked like fools arguing over a vector and no one wants to invest in a fools enterprise.  

Mooncoin is not enterprise. Fork it to Mooncoin Cash and register company behind. Do not associate with Mooncoin anymore.

Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:03:16 PM

I have become disinterested in your antics.
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:10:23 PM

Good afternoon. I see that you discuss for the general situation and Mooncoin's future. So, I want to mention the following:

1)The Mooncoin's downtrend is explained  by the following factors: a)The general trend for altcoins. b)The delays in development process and the problems in online wallet (Moonrush). c)The disagreements for some issues. d) The deficiency of positive news, unity and harmonious collaboration.

2)It doesn't need any more logo's change. We changed it twice in 2017.

3)Mooncoin Fundation and Bitcointalk community gave a lot in the last 3 years. The discordapp community made many actions in promotion in 2017. I believe that all these people have good intentions. Two communities  have to respect each other.

4)The board can give us some good results. However, it must include members from both communities in my opinion.

I am waiting the better days... Cool

pamims

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:02:16 PM

I just want to point out that I agree with mooncoin foundation on his ideas about the importance of decentralization. Mooncoin is an economic platform. And I full heartedly agree that by treating core development like a business is a dumb thing to do.
What core dev needs is to be a useful platform though for businesses to build on. For this to happen, core development should consist of a team of people that have an end goal in mind as far as what mooncoin will become. This crying about logos is stupid. Arguments dividing the two communities here are stupid. You all are equally dumb here. The old guys have some fair points, but you're resisting positive change.
Now, as far as this board thing. A board is designed for a business. Mooncoin is not a business. It is an economic structure. If you guys wanna go all coorporation to do something to help mooncoin, all you have to do is use this board bullshit to build a business on top of mooncoin! It's not a fucking hard concept Build a reason for people to use mooncoin! Having feel-good PoW-wows won't do jack shit. Make a business. Use moon as a platform. That's essentially what moonedu will be!
Now, what bugs me about this ANN is that we have repeatedly wanted you guys to come into the discord to give us your thoughts. You don't. I come here to read your thoughts. When I had ideas, I brought them up here. But frankly, when you are busy having a life, typing into this dinky little web box is a pain in the ass. So I use the discord. If you guys would have just reached out to us a little tiny bit, you could have shaped the community and prevented it from taking the directions it's gone. Your inaction caused this. As senior members of your community, don't you feel like it's your job to teach the new ones how things are so you don't have this problem?
At this point, I am willing to help Barrystyle out, but really, this whole thing is getting stupid. My personal goals for mooncoin are to get it up to par with other cryptos to give businesses a reason to build on top of it. That will drive value. I want to see development of moonword language to actually be useful. And I want the algorithms to be fine tuned to prevent block hiccups. From their, a side chain could be implemented to create other uses. But as far as core development, we need those basic things. But frankly if I didn't like Barrystyle, I'd say screw this because you guys are refusing to work together. It's all so dumb.
LoveandPeace2018

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:03:49 PM

I just want to point out that I agree with mooncoin foundation on his ideas about the importance of decentralization. Mooncoin is an economic platform. And I full heartedly agree that by treating core development like a business is a dumb thing to do.
What core dev needs is to be a useful platform though for businesses to build on. For this to happen, core development should consist of a team of people that have an end goal in mind as far as what mooncoin will become. This crying about logos is stupid. Arguments dividing the two communities here are stupid. You all are equally dumb here. The old guys have some fair points, but you're resisting positive change.
Now, as far as this board thing. A board is designed for a business. Mooncoin is not a business. It is an economic structure. If you guys wanna go all coorporation to do something to help mooncoin, all you have to do is use this board bullshit to build a business on top of mooncoin! It's not a fucking hard concept Build a reason for people to use mooncoin! Having feel-good PoW-wows won't do jack shit. Make a business. Use moon as a platform. That's essentially what moonedu will be!
Now, what bugs me about this ANN is that we have repeatedly wanted you guys to come into the discord to give us your thoughts. You don't. I come here to read your thoughts. When I had ideas, I brought them up here. But frankly, when you are busy having a life, typing into this dinky little web box is a pain in the ass. So I use the discord. If you guys would have just reached out to us a little tiny bit, you could have shaped the community and prevented it from taking the directions it's gone. Your inaction caused this. As senior members of your community, don't you feel like it's your job to teach the new ones how things are so you don't have this problem?
At this point, I am willing to help Barrystyle out, but really, this whole thing is getting stupid. My personal goals for mooncoin are to get it up to par with other cryptos to give businesses a reason to build on top of it. That will drive value. I want to see development of moonword language to actually be useful. And I want the algorithms to be fine tuned to prevent block hiccups. From their, a side chain could be implemented to create other uses. But as far as core development, we need those basic things. But frankly if I didn't like Barrystyle, I'd say screw this because you guys are refusing to work together. It's all so dumb.

Thumps up man!.
There wouldn't have been these arguments if the core developer "Barrystyle" is 100% active (I still respect him anyways). I can't believe mooncoin who is old enough to stand on it's feet is still crawling, this is a big slap
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: