Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2019, 01:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Aug. 17 Closing Price:
<$3,000 - 4 (4.4%)
<$8,000 - 3 (3.3%)
$8,001-$8,500 - 2 (2.2%)
$8,501-$9,000 - 2 (2.2%)
$9,001-$9,500 - 3 (3.3%)
$9,501-$10,000 - 16 (17.6%)
$10,001-$10,500 - 16 (17.6%)
$10,501-$11,000 - 13 (14.3%)
$11,001-$11,500 - 8 (8.8%)
$11,501-$12,000 - 6 (6.6%)
$12,001-$12,500 - 3 (3.3%)
$12,501-$13,000 - 1 (1.1%)
$13,001-$13,500 - 1 (1.1%)
$13,501-$14,000 - 2 (2.2%)
>$14,000 - 2 (2.2%)
>$18,000 - 9 (9.9%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: « 1 ... 23507 23508 23509 23510 23511 23512 23513 23514 23515 23516 23517 23518 23519 23520 23521 23522 23523 23524 23525 23526 23527 23528 23529 23530 23531 23532 23533 23534 23535 23536 23537 23538 23539 23540 23541 23542 23543 23544 23545 23546 23547 23548 23549 23550 23551 23552 23553 23554 23555 23556 [23557] 23558 23559 23560 23561 23562 23563 23564 23565 23566 23567 23568 23569 23570 23571 23572 23573 23574 23575 23576 23577 23578 23579 23580 23581 23582 23583 23584 23585 23586 23587 23588 23589 23590 23591 23592 23593 23594 23595 23596 23597 23598 23599 23600 23601 23602 23603 23604 23605 23606 23607 ... 24790 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 21327832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (104 posts by 20 users deleted.)
micgoossens
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 784
Merit: 2456


BTFD, on to 15K a coin !!!!


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:45:51 PM

^
You surely will gain merit from me, just don't go french on me or the WO-thread and were all fine  Kiss
Hmmm... go French ? Like French kissing or something ?
No need to worry lol.

The only place I'm going now is to bed. Just watched episode 2 of GOT, I thought they'd last longer for the last season.  Roll Eyes
Good night guys... 5,5k in the morning ?

I'm just gonna put it on as we speak, hope its good (I know it will) and I think its like the last 3 episodes or so ..... almost 2hours or something Smiley

Btw good night Co-HODLer....
1566049764
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1566049764

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1566049764
Reply with quote  #2

1566049764
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1566049764
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1566049764

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1566049764
Reply with quote  #2

1566049764
Report to moderator
1566049764
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1566049764

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1566049764
Reply with quote  #2

1566049764
Report to moderator
1566049764
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1566049764

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1566049764
Reply with quote  #2

1566049764
Report to moderator
HairyMaclairy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 924
Merit: 1487


Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:49:03 PM

Good bye 5400.

We'll meet again.

Good to see you again. I missed you 5400.  
Last of the V8s
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 2249


Be a bank.


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:17:26 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2019, 09:28:31 PM by Last of the V8s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Cathedral
Coventry Cathedral itself I found pretty challenging and downright scary in parts, but outside is a very moving statue, the Knife Angel
which is being displayed in different cities.


There was a considerable stir around it, with people more seemingly involved than in the church itself. The paper cut-outs had the names and dates of some of the - always young - victims. Not trying to get into debates about these crimes again. Just found it expressive and provoking especially for modern art.
gentlemand
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1897


Your dearest bum chum


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:23:13 PM

https://twitter.com/cryptopolis_x/status/1120352266836426752

Nasdaq having a flirt with BTC trading. Paper trading only or a slip up released early.

Last of the V8s
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 2249


Be a bank.


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:43:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

https://twitter.com/woonomic/status/1120399815383425025
Quote
I surveyed notable influencers, analysts and traders for their probability that the bottom is in for this bear market. Here are the results:

95% @woonomic (Adaptive Capital / On-chain Analyst)
90% @jespow (Kraken founder)
90% @arjunblj (Analyst)
85% @novogratz (Galaxy Digital)

85% @ErikVoorhees (Shapeshift founder)
85% @nic__carter  (Coin Metrics founder)
85% @Travis_Kling (Ikigai Asset Management)
80% @TuurDemeester (Adamant Capital)
75% @APompliano (Morgan & Creek Digital)
75% @MustStopMurad (Adaptive Capital)

70% @kenoshaking (Adaptive Capital / On-chain Analyst)
69% @CarpeNoctom (Trader)
50% @PeterLBrandt (OG Trader)
40% @ToneVays (Trader / Youtube Host)
39% @venzen (Trader)
30% @VinnyLingham (Investor / Entrepreneur)
20% @LucidInvestment (Lucid Investment / Hyperwave Channel)

Notable comments:
@jespow - Bottom is never in.  Everything can go to 0.

@PeterLBrandt - 50% chance BTC goes to $50k. 25% chance we establish a very prolonged broad trading range for several years. 25% chance we go to basically zero.

Thanks to all that participated.
Toxic2040
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 658
Merit: 1033



View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:04:52 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

https://twitter.com/woonomic/status/1120399815383425025
Quote
I surveyed notable influencers, analysts and traders for their probability that the bottom is in for this bear market. Here are the results:

95% @woonomic (Adaptive Capital / On-chain Analyst)
90% @jespow (Kraken founder)
90% @arjunblj (Analyst)
85% @novogratz (Galaxy Digital)

85% @ErikVoorhees (Shapeshift founder)
85% @nic__carter  (Coin Metrics founder)
85% @Travis_Kling (Ikigai Asset Management)
80% @TuurDemeester (Adamant Capital)
75% @APompliano (Morgan & Creek Digital)
75% @MustStopMurad (Adaptive Capital)

70% @kenoshaking (Adaptive Capital / On-chain Analyst)
69% @CarpeNoctom (Trader)
50% @PeterLBrandt (OG Trader)
40% @ToneVays (Trader / Youtube Host)
39% @venzen (Trader)
30% @VinnyLingham (Investor / Entrepreneur)
20% @LucidInvestment (Lucid Investment / Hyperwave Channel)

Notable comments:
@jespow - Bottom is never in.  Everything can go to 0.

@PeterLBrandt - 50% chance BTC goes to $50k. 25% chance we establish a very prolonged broad trading range for several years. 25% chance we go to basically zero.

Thanks to all that participated.

+1 WOsMerit
Rubbish...not one Observer report. How are we supposed to take this seriously?

p.s.  dont want to get into it either but what a beautifully haunting piece of art. thanks for sharing.

---

heavy horse to the van, lances at the ready..forward at a canter gentlemen.

30m

#stronghands'19
Last of the V8s
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 2249


Be a bank.


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:15:04 PM

^ sir, ty



Rubbish...not one Observer report. How are we supposed to take this seriously?
Challenge accepted

the bottom is in:

45% Last of the V8s
Biodom
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1265



View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:17:50 PM

https://twitter.com/woonomic/status/1120399815383425025
Quote
I surveyed notable influencers, analysts and traders for their probability that the bottom is in for this bear market. Here are the results:
<snip>

Notable comments:
@jespow - Bottom is never in.  Everything can go to 0.

@PeterLBrandt - 50% chance BTC goes to $50k. 25% chance we establish a very prolonged broad trading range for several years. 25% chance we go to basically zero.

Thanks to all that participated.

@jespow makes sense and @PeterBrandt does not as those percentages are totally whimsical.
Danslip
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1288
Merit: 507


LiveCoin - is a modern stock exchange


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:20:00 PM

Good bye 5400.

We'll meet again.

Good to see you again. I missed you 5400.  
Haha. There will be the next update and I am sure it will impress us again. Next level is 6000$.
micgoossens
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 784
Merit: 2456


BTFD, on to 15K a coin !!!!


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:26:21 PM

We can only hope so ....

For sure is that my day is in and my HODLsleep hour is in....

Good night fellow WO-members Weeeeeeee
micgoossens
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 784
Merit: 2456


BTFD, on to 15K a coin !!!!


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:29:25 PM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

https://twitter.com/redditbtc/status/1120273223495639041?s=21

Good, we were only saying it for a whole year that its the time to BUY !
Toxic2040
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 658
Merit: 1033



View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:44:32 PM


Challenge accepted


https://markmanson.net/benefits-of-being-slightly-crazy   Kiss
Lambie Slayer
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 280
Merit: 245



View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:45:51 PM

^ sir, ty



Rubbish...not one Observer report. How are we supposed to take this seriously?
Challenge accepted

the bottom is in:

45% Last of the V8s

WO prediction challenge accepted. Everyone please accept the challenge, quote, and add your percent certainty.  

Bottom is in.

98% Lambie Slayer
Last of the V8s
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 2249


Be a bank.


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:01:20 PM

^this^

https://twitter.com/CryptoBoomNews/status/1114327127346831360
Last of the V8s
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 2249


Be a bank.


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:08:31 PM


i'm not screwy i'm flexible
jbreher
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1320


lose: unfind ... loose: untight


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:09:50 PM

Quote
Bitcoin spenders can now use the lightning network to shop at e-commerce sites like Amazon.
Crypto payment processing startup Moon announced today that any lightning-enabled wallet can now also be used through Moon’s browser extension.
Before this lightning feature, roughly 250 beta users already used Moon to spend crypto on e-commerce sites by connecting the browser extension to exchange accounts like Coinbase.

https://www.coindesk.com/you-can-now-shop-with-bitcoin-on-amazon-using-lightning

Interesting. I'd like to know more about what it means to "connect[ing] the browser extension to exchange accounts like Coinbase".

a few years ago i ordered something from overstock.com as i think they were among the 1st retailer to accept btc (or at least the 1st retailer i would use). i dont recall exactly how i paid but i remember it was through something like bitpay or something. it displayed a qr code and btc addy with a timer, i copy/pasted the btc addy and paid from my core wallet on my desktop.

few days later i would up returning the item, and the refund went to my coinbase account. which i did not use to pay for the item, as i said it was paid with my core wallet.

they musta figured it out it was me from my shipping address maybe. i looked in my coinbase tx history just now  and all it says is refund for order xxxxx. no amount or other description.

gonna hunt through emails and such to see if i can find more info on how that went.

anyway maybe they will pull something like that..

---------------------------

ok found this in my email from mid 2017:

Quote
From: Coinbase [no-reply@coinbase.com]
To: xxxxxxxx

Overstock.com just sent you 0.xxxxx BTC (worth $xx.xx USD) using Coinbase.
Attached message:
InvoiceId: xxxxxxx, InvoicePaymentId: xxxxxx, refundAmount: USD xx.xx

EDIT: and just found the payment in my desktop core wallet labeled "to overstock for xxx" and the amount matched with a tx time about a week earlier.

so how did they match that up..

That seems frightening.
jbreher
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1320


lose: unfind ... loose: untight


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:14:34 PM

Press freedom index 2019.



So the solution is to move to ... Svalbard?
bitserve
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 767


HODL.


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:20:12 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2019, 11:31:40 PM by bitserve


Nice Savannah cat there. It's probably the only cat I would consider paying for instead of just adopting one.

On other news... nice price Smiley
Last of the V8s
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1190
Merit: 2249


Be a bank.


View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:29:38 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

The below is from an email I received from The Seasteading Institute. The link address, below, doesn't have anything about the Thai problem (that I can see). Rather, it goes to a page that advertises Seasteading.


Floating Islands Leader Urges Leniency for Offshore Couple



Seasteaders Offer to Help Thailand With Rising Sea Levels

San Francisco, April 22, 2019 -- The chairman of the Seasteading Institute (https://www.seasteading.org/) Patri Friedman, urged compassion for a couple whose floating home was seized last week by the Thailand government, declaring that “their actions were no threat to Thai sovereignty” and “our organization works with governments and not against them”.

American Chad Elwartowski and his Thai partner Nadia Supranee Thepdet were not aboard when the Thai navy boarded the platform they had called home for several months. Thai authorities revoked the visa of Chad, an early bitcoin investor, and charged him and his partner with violating Thai sovereignty by floating the cabin 14 nautical miles off the west coast of the Thai island of Phuket.

Friedman said he “was shocked and saddened last week by media reports that this couple was charged with treason – punishable in Thailand by death or life imprisonment – simply because no one had filed paperwork for the floating home. This is like charging someone with a capital crime for not registering their car.”

He added “For Chad and Nadia, it was the realization of a romantic dream to live openly and peacefully on the ocean...I am deeply relieved to see that officials are considering dropping the death penalty.”

Friedman, grandson of Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman, suggested instead that “Thai authorities should follow the lead of the United Nations, who recommend floating cities be part of the global community's new arsenal of tools in the fight against climate change.”

Using statistics from a recent United Nations High-Level conference on Sustainable Floating Cities in New York in early April, Friedman pointed to the Thai capital: “Seasteading concepts can help cities like Bangkok which are increasingly at risk of flooding. Some parts of the city are sinking by around two centimetres a year, while sea levels in the Gulf of Thailand are rising.”

He concluded that “we look forward to future partnerships with states, NGOs, and communities to test new ideas and solutions for all. We would be honored and delighted to share our research with the Thai government, as sustainable floating cities are a key tool to address climate change and other 21st century challenges.”

About The Seasteading Institute

The Seasteading Institute (TSI) is a United States 501(c)(3) non-profit. Our mission is to enable seasteading communities – floating cities – where pioneers can peacefully test new laws and political systems and inspire change in governments around the world.  We work on this mission through research and education with individuals, organizations, and governments. Our current main initiative is sustainable seasteading through facilitating the creation of the first floating city.

As a non-profit organization dedicated to the entire seasteading movement, our role is not to build seasteads, but to empower others to do so. Our Floating City Project envisions a model wherein a nation and a company will establish a public-private partnership to construct and operate a floating city with significant legal autonomy that functions as an integrated and efficient product to meet the needs of citizens. This project builds on over a decade of engineering and legal research, political and maritime industry diplomacy, and building a community of aspiring seasteaders.
For press inquiries contact press@seasteading.org.
 
Seasteading Institute Founder’s Full Statement On Peaceful Platform Near Thailand

I founded The Seasteading Institute in 2008 to enable seasteading communities – floating cities – where pioneers can peacefully test new laws and political systems and inspire change in governments around the world. Our decade of legal research advocates for a variety of strategies within current international law, such as flagged vessels, and partnering with innovative and progressive governments.

A few months ago, a diverse group of activists, engineers, and writers, aided by Thai shipyards, built and launched a platform from Thailand. It was anchored outside territorial waters, as verified by GPS records. This remarkable achievement in affordable ocean technology was done in partnership with Thai shipyards and could help humanity adapt to rising sea levels.

The platform’s first two occupants were a cosmopolitan couple, Chad Elwartowski of America and Nadia Supranee Thepdet of Thailand. For Chad and Nadia, it was the realization of a romantic dream to live openly and peacefully on the ocean, where they released videos of their adventure.

I was shocked and saddened last week by media reports that this couple was charged with treason – punishable in Thailand by death or life imprisonment – simply because no one had filed paperwork for the floating home. This is like charging someone with a capital crime for not registering their car.

I urge compassion for these two brave seasteaders, as their actions were no threat to Thai sovereignty. I am deeply relieved to see that officials are considering dropping the death penalty. This is in Thailand’s best interests, as by threatening a harmless couple with death for a minor infraction, Thailand would only be threatening their own tourism industry.

Instead, Thai authorities should follow the lead of the United Nations, who recommend floating cities be part of the global community's new arsenal of tools in the fight against climate change. Seasteading concepts can help cities like Bangkok which are increasingly at risk of flooding. Some parts of the city are sinking by around two centimetres a year, while sea levels in the Gulf of Thailand are rising.

Our mission is to help humanity by settling the blue frontier, and so our organization works with governments, not against them. We support following international and local laws and look forward to future partnerships with states, NGOs, and communities to test new ideas and solutions for all. We would be honored and delighted to share our research with the Thai government.

While we don’t have enough specifics on this incident to comment on the various legal claims, we do know the United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea. Beyond territorial waters, the world’s oceans are the “common heritage of humanity”, not some unclaimed free-for-all. But neither should they be a death sentence.

Rather, sustainable floating cities are a key tool to address climate change and other 21st century challenges. Please join me in spreading the message that humanity needs its seasteaders in action – not in jail, in hiding, or in the grave.

Patri Friedman,
Founder and Chairman of the Board,
The Seasteading Institute
San Francisco, California, April 22, 2019.

P.s. Some news reports have erroneously stated that our organization directly represents those involved. We wish to clarify that, to best support seasteading in general, we don’t represent or speak on behalf of any particular individual.

Additionally, while we publish general research on international law for educational purposes, local regulations, precedents, and interpretations vary around the world. We do not, and cannot, provide legal advice or representation, and recommend with the utmost vigor that anyone attempting anything like seasteading obtain independent legal counsel.

 Cool

good lord
xhomerx10
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2114
Merit: 2241



View Profile
April 23, 2019, 12:46:00 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Cathedral
Coventry Cathedral itself I found pretty challenging and downright scary in parts, but outside is a very moving statue, the Knife Angel
which is being displayed in different cities.


There was a considerable stir around it, with people more seemingly involved than in the church itself. The paper cut-outs had the names and dates of some of the - always young - victims. Not trying to get into debates about these crimes again. Just found it expressive and provoking especially for modern art.

  Now that is one sharp-looking statue!  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 23507 23508 23509 23510 23511 23512 23513 23514 23515 23516 23517 23518 23519 23520 23521 23522 23523 23524 23525 23526 23527 23528 23529 23530 23531 23532 23533 23534 23535 23536 23537 23538 23539 23540 23541 23542 23543 23544 23545 23546 23547 23548 23549 23550 23551 23552 23553 23554 23555 23556 [23557] 23558 23559 23560 23561 23562 23563 23564 23565 23566 23567 23568 23569 23570 23571 23572 23573 23574 23575 23576 23577 23578 23579 23580 23581 23582 23583 23584 23585 23586 23587 23588 23589 23590 23591 23592 23593 23594 23595 23596 23597 23598 23599 23600 23601 23602 23603 23604 23605 23606 23607 ... 24790 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!