Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 814 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 2591638 times)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:02:31 PM

Hey Guys...I hope I am asking in the right area.
Looks like we got a block, how come, my estimated payout... and the the section that says if a block were found now.....
Did not even come close to that number not even half?HuhHuh
Just trying to understand it......
Its so low payout..... makes it not worth giving this much time to a pool???
Can anyone help me understated a bit better without writing a book???
I want to stay with this as I love it, but the electric bills over 1200.00
cant let me make 20.00 a day?Huh?
Thanks so much in advance....

how long have you been mining with p2pool?  it takes about 3 days to get up to par with the estimated payout because of the PPLNS.

1200 electric bill?  that's either some seriously expensive electricity, or some serious hashrate.

M
With p2pool solid 24 hours as of block time.....

4TH hash rate.....

not to mention, my normal bill here in South Florida is around 325.00 with the heat here and AC....
First... OUCH, that's a hefty electric bill.
Second, do you know what your expected payout was exactly at the time the block was found?  As others have stated, your expected payout is based completely upon how many shares you currently have in the share chain.  It is very possible that you found fewer than expected shares prior to the block being found, then found more than expected shares since.  With only a total of 24 hours of mining on p2pool, you're not at your full potential yet.  The share chain takes into account the previous 8640 shares (about 3 days) when making payouts.

As windpath noted, and I can confirm, the expected payouts are pretty much spot on compared to actuals when the block is found.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryonp

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:19:58 PM

Hey Guys...I hope I am asking in the right area.
Looks like we got a block, how come, my estimated payout... and the the section that says if a block were found now.....
Did not even come close to that number not even half?HuhHuh
Just trying to understand it......
Its so low payout..... makes it not worth giving this much time to a pool???
Can anyone help me understated a bit better without writing a book???
I want to stay with this as I love it, but the electric bills over 1200.00
cant let me make 20.00 a day?Huh?
Thanks so much in advance....

how long have you been mining with p2pool?  it takes about 3 days to get up to par with the estimated payout because of the PPLNS.

1200 electric bill?  that's either some seriously expensive electricity, or some serious hashrate.

M

With p2pool solid 24 hours as of block time.....

4TH hash rate.....

not to mention, my normal bill here in South Florida is around 325.00 with the heat here and AC....
Second, do you know what your expected payout was exactly at the time the block was found?  As others have stated, your expected payout is based completely upon how many shares you currently have in the share chain.  It is very possible that you found fewer than expected shares prior to the block being found, then found more than expected shares since.  With only a total of 24 hours of mining on p2pool, you're not at your full potential yet.  The share chain takes into account the previous 8640 shares (about 3 days) when making payouts.

As windpath noted, and I can confirm, the expected payouts are pretty much spot on compared to actuals when the block is found.

Yea Ouch I know. On ghash was bringing in around 90.00 a day sometimes it would hit 115.00. all the others a little less.
But here I got 23.00 ..... I am moving up the list it says my payout is .0858812, noticed I am getting higher on this list every few hours.
Thanks for your inputs... I will try for a few more days and see the outcome.
I hate to give my hash to ghash as I dont like their attitudes especially when it it hit 51%
BUT at this point I have to be where the most $$$$ is at.
I will be lucky to stay profitable for another month and 1/2 I think......
I made my investment and I pay the electric and am still up 1500 a month so so far ok
BUT .........

Once again thanks for everyone's
info as it all helps!

Bryon

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:41:59 PM

Yea Ouch I know. On ghash was bringing in around 90.00 a day sometimes it would hit 115.00. all the others a little less.
But here I got 23.00 ..... I am moving up the list it says my payout is .0858812, noticed I am getting higher on this list every few hours.
Thanks for your inputs... I will try for a few more days and see the outcome.
I hate to give my hash to ghash as I dont like their attitudes especially when it it hit 51%
BUT at this point I have to be where the most $$$$ is at.
I will be lucky to stay profitable for another month and 1/2 I think......
I made my investment and I pay the electric and am still up 1500 a month so so far ok
BUT .........

Once again thanks for everyone's
info as it all helps!

Bryon

One more thing - if you're running Antminer S2, you're losing about 10-15% of your hashing on p2pool.  It's a known issue, and hopefully one that will be corrected (either by Bitmain directly, by one of the cgminer developers, or the p2pool developer).

That payout value will continue to rise until 8640 shares have been put on the share chain since you started on the pool.  From there it will remain pretty much normalized at that level.  Remember, too, that this is a PPLNS system.  You could shut down your miners now and still get paid (assuming you still have valid shares on the chain when the next block is found).

Finally, p2pool will be considerably more variant than where you were mining.  There will be times when no blocks are found for a few days, but then 4 will be found in a day.  For a great comparison of payouts of p2pool vs BTCGuild vs Eligius, check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416933.0

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
bryonp

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:02:45 PM

One more thing - if you're running Antminer S2, you're losing about 10-15% of your hashing on p2pool.  It's a known issue, and hopefully one that will be corrected (either by Bitmain directly, by one of the cgminer developers, or the p2pool developer).

That payout value will continue to rise until 8640 shares have been put on the share chain since you started on the pool.  From there it will remain pretty much normalized at that level.  Remember, too, that this is a PPLNS system.  You could shut down your miners now and still get paid (assuming you still have valid shares on the chain when the next block is found).

Finally, p2pool will be considerably more variant than where you were mining.  There will be times when no blocks are found for a few days, but then 4 will be found in a day.  For a great comparison of payouts of p2pool vs BTCGuild vs Eligius, check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416933.0

Thanks for that link.... interesting to say the least. If I am to rely on it, its p2pool almost always the winner. Its just hard to see it when a block comes and you get 20 bucks.
I will eat the daily income to see how the longer haul here works out. Also I have 1 S2 in the mix, and it mostly stays at 1010 or there about according to the stats??? once in awhile it will go into the 900s but in an hour or so I will see it back up.... And I noticed the exact same thing with the other pools. So I can not see the big difference. I am sure all of everyones extra hashing can only help us all in the long haul...
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 09:17:21 PM

Also I have 1 S2 in the mix, and it mostly stays at 1010 or there about according to the stats??? once in awhile it will go into the 900s but in an hour or so I will see it back up....
Interesting... virtually everyone who owns one has seen and reported at least a 10% loss.  There's been plenty of discussion on this - kano has been working to release a stable version of cgminer for the S2 that plays nicely with p2pool... Bitmain has been sent a ton of data and has replied that they indeed intend to support p2pool and have their core devs working on it.

Anyway, stick around.  At first the variance is hard to accept, especially if you're coming from "the pool that shall not be named," but in the long run, I think you'll like it here.

bryonp

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:50:13 PM

Also I have 1 S2 in the mix, and it mostly stays at 1010 or there about according to the stats??? once in awhile it will go into the 900s but in an hour or so I will see it back up....
Interesting... virtually everyone who owns one has seen and reported at least a 10% loss.  There's been plenty of discussion on this - kano has been working to release a stable version of cgminer for the S2 that plays nicely with p2pool... Bitmain has been sent a ton of data and has replied that they indeed intend to support p2pool and have their core devs working on it.

Anyway, stick around.  At first the variance is hard to accept, especially if you're coming from "the pool that shall not be named," but in the long run, I think you'll like it here.

OK - I have faith...... maybe a little less money to pay my electric.... But I will have faith. You all seem like great peps and this feels like the way to go.
Sorry if I have taken up a lot of the board this afternoon with my nonsense.... But I needed this little bit of help to help me make my mind up and not just give up on the p2pool.....

Thanks again.

Bryon
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 09:56:30 PM

Just curious, I run all antminers....S1 and S2  total 4 TH.... I get 4 TH on my own pool and seem to have no issues?
It seems like I hear a lot of people having problems with the S2's??

S1's work fine with p2pool, but S2's lose between 10%-15% hash rate.......

Not to mention the valid blocks being discarded.......

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
norgan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 09:56:43 PM

OK - I have faith...... maybe a little less money to pay my electric.... But I will have faith. You all seem like great peps and this feels like the way to go.
Sorry if I have taken up a lot of the board this afternoon with my nonsense.... But I needed this little bit of help to help me make my mind up and not just give up on the p2pool.....

Thanks again.

Bryon
That's what we are here for mate.
I took 35gh/s to p2pool and have since added another 200, my payouts have been less frequent but I've been very happy with the value of them. I feel like I am getting much more than when I was hashing on other pools.

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:30:53 PM

(cross post from the other thread, which some of you might find useful)

Alrighty, I've implemented the donation tool API using simple GET protocol.

http://blisterpool.com/p2papi explains how to do it all.

A couple of people asked for this, not 100% sure why but off the top of my head if you're a business you could automate payments via script pretty easily, and secondly if you're a p2pool node operator and want a relatively easy way to drum up p2pool donations you can add a simple form (get, not post) to your front end that calls upon this api.

At the moment if you create a donation using the API, you can supply an operator_email field and a tip_address field. This is if you want to route donations through this tool (for example, you don't want to write your own interface). If someone comes across your node and wants to donate, instead of sending them to my page you can just create a form which makes the request on their behalf, put in the normal fields, put your email address and your tip address in too, then send the response back to the user. Any tip gets split 50/50, and I pay all the network fees from my portion.

I've tested it and it seems to be working as intended...any problems let me know.
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:25:42 PM

Our luck remains strong my friends Smiley

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

2 blocks in 38 minutes... nice.  If only my miners hadn't decided to take a vacation from share finding... lol.

windpath
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:36:50 PM

2 blocks in 38 minutes... nice.  If only my miners hadn't decided to take a vacation from share finding... lol.

Block 309056 is our new luckiest block ever at 7,386.70%, less then 0.0% of the expected time Smiley

(only been collecting data since June 11th)
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:37:34 PM

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
bryonp

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:37:45 PM

2 blocks in 38 minutes... nice.  If only my miners hadn't decided to take a vacation from share finding... lol.

That Faith I was speaking of yesterday!!!!!!! Looking better all........
Have to admit, the numbers are way up now.....
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:13:13 AM

Peer =148.251.238.178:18702 is causing bitcoind to go out of sync, 0 hours behind..... lying about blocks

Is there a way to block these getaddr.bitnodes.io:0.1 clients from bitcoind, or do one have to block ip after ip from firewall?

Not sure but, it seems to cause orphan and dead shares while this happens..0 hours behind....

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:37:27 AM

Peer =148.251.238.178:18702 is causing bitcoind to go out of sync, 0 hours behind..... lying about blocks

Is there a way to block these getaddr.bitnodes.io:0.1 clients from bitcoind, or do one have to block ip after ip from firewall?

Not sure but, it seems to cause orphan and dead shares while this happens..0 hours behind....

As far as I know, you can only block them by setting up a whitelist of connections to use, so only setting up connections for specific peers. 
Use "connect" to establish a list of trusted peers, but then you're only locked to those peers which has its pros and cons.

-addnode=<ip>          Add a node to connect to and attempt to keep the connection open
 -connect=<ip>          Connect only to the specified node(s)
 -seednode=<ip>         Connect to a node to retrieve peer addresses, and disconnect
 -externalip=<ip>       Specify your own public address
 -onlynet=<net>         Only connect to nodes in network <net> (IPv4, IPv6 or Tor)

nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:09:18 PM

As far as I know, you can only block them by setting up a whitelist of connections to use, so only setting up connections for specific peers. 
Use "connect" to establish a list of trusted peers, but then you're only locked to those peers which has its pros and cons.

-addnode=<ip>          Add a node to connect to and attempt to keep the connection open
 -connect=<ip>          Connect only to the specified node(s)
 -seednode=<ip>         Connect to a node to retrieve peer addresses, and disconnect
 -externalip=<ip>       Specify your own public address
 -onlynet=<net>         Only connect to nodes in network <net> (IPv4, IPv6 or Tor)

-connect method would be nice if I only knew how to connect to p2pool node, not sure what happens if bitcoind is started up witout connect settings and then p2pool brought up - then change the config to connect=specified hosts and reboot bitcoind.

It can be that if a block is found it cant be submitted to bitcoind..

Installed and configured iptables and now it stays synced..

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:30:17 PM

How do the Antminer S3s perform on p2pool?
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:37:13 PM

Batch 1 ships July 10th, I'll slap one up on receipt of goods.
windpath
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 10:58:59 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 11:55:12 PM by windpath

I have 4 batch 1 units that will go live on my node upon arrival, Bitmain has stated that they will work to make them play well with p2pool, I've also started a bounty for forrestv to get S2s & S3s working correctly...
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 814 »
  Print  

Jump to: