Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:02:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 09:04:00 AM

We had a great turn out at the open house, estimated 300 people showed up. There was a DNotes / Four Pillars booth, which Brandon presented flyers, books, and DNotes videos. Below is the video Alan created as a presentation for the open house. Pictures and more info to follow.

I really missed a great day by the looks of it.

With 300 people there, and I imagine many of them were interested in the lilies, I'm sure you had many people learning about DNotes and cryptocurrencies in general there.

I'm really curious to hear from the team what sort of questions you were asked. Were there a few recurrent themes in what people wanted to know?

What were the hardest concepts to communicate?

And if there were any really unusual questions that nobody expected?

I also imagine that you were directing people to the DNotes website or other Internet locations, so I'm always curious about how that was managed. Did you need to write down the URL, did people scan QR codes, or did you just collect email addresses so you could send them a link? Maybe you had a new and more effective approach?

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Chevas Regal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 11:23:17 AM

"A very short clip of Dave, in the excavator, who happen to be working to get paid in DNotes at the time Smiley : https://youtu.be/ptDYo4Cya84"

Everyone should get paid in DNotes!  Wink

Congratulation to the man! The video says more than what it is, I like his determination to use Dnotes in daily to daily activities. I aspire this from more members.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:38:41 PM

We had a great turn out at the open house, estimated 300 people showed up. There was a DNotes / Four Pillars booth, which Brandon presented flyers, books, and DNotes videos. Below is the video Alan created as a presentation for the open house. Pictures and more info to follow.

Smokey's Gardens 2017 Open House Presentation

Congrats on a successful event, sorry I missed it. Looks like it all went very well. Perhaps you might do it again?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 03:38:25 PM

Brief(ish) development update
[...]
Automated Invoicing
The current market solution to invoicing is to generate unique crypto addresses for each new user or invoice, meaning incoming payments aren't sent to a single receive address. Our solution bypasses this limitation and will allow users to utilize invoices directly without any additional burden to the consumer, allowing for full integration into existing payment gateways and financial systems.
[...]
Great info Tim. Automated Invoicing is a key factor here, with further recognition in the future, as day by day traders don't care about that.

I also watch Stratis closely and they are way ahead of its competition. Stratis Breeze Node is their key advantage, along with other newly developed features. Privacy transactions are a MUST for a coin to succeed in crypto space.From what I'm seeing, DNotes is following Stratis path along with some unique features as you mentioned above. From my point of view, DNotes has a great potential here, most depending on your core development team skills. From a simple investor view, I would buy DNotes over Stratis for one simple reason: higher PoS reward.

This all looks like everything is on track and very much heading in the right direction. I had some idea about most if it, but the Automated Invoicing both interested and confused me.

I think I understand about providing a single unique address for receiving payments. But I don't understand how the current market solution to generate unique addresses to accept payments is anything other than a choice. I don't know how or why it would be enforced by a cryptocurrency.

My guess is my knowledge gap here is then what leads me into not understanding the 'automated' part of the invoicing process.  Huh

Let's say you are a business and want to accept cryptocurrency payments, you currently have two options:
1) Run your own server with a hot wallet connected to your website, and for each transaction tell the daemon to generate a new address to accept payment, the new address acts as an invoice number. Of course, in order to do this you need a good amount of technical knowledge, custom integration as a payment solution, and as a result in house support processing and handling.
2) Pay a company a fee to accept the cryptocurrency for you.
Neither of these options make it easy to take full advantage of the strengths of cryptocurrency. With what we have developed you have a system that can automatically invoice the transaction, integrate with blockchain and cart/payment systems, automatically verify and confirm the transaction was paid, and all with very little technical knowledge and less than 5 minutes setup time with your existing IT staff. I can see where the automated part can be confusing, from the perspective of solely a cryptocurrency / blockchain solution.

Here is one of hundreds of applications. TimMarsh, you are really good at research and evaluation. Let's say you were interested in researching cryptocurrencies and providing your analysis on them. You know there is a limited market for this information and ad revenue from a website or youtube wouldn't make it worth your while. You also know that people may pay but may not want to pay a lot of money for this report and analysis, but if you could charge them a small amount, let's say 0.25 cents, they would be happy to buy access to this report. You can't accept 0.25 cents and expect to actually receive 0.25 cents, that is even if you can accept 0.25 payments. Using cryptocurrency is either too complicated, or a manual process to accept payments. But imagine if you had a wordpress blog, installed a plugin, and could automatically accept and confirm payments, automatically deliver the report once confirmed, and get the full 0.25 cents, in cryptocurrency. What we are releasing is the base for this kind of system, completely secure if you need it to be, easy to use and understand.

TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 04:19:22 PM

[...]
Automated Invoicing
The current market solution to invoicing is to generate unique crypto addresses for each new user or invoice, meaning incoming payments aren't sent to a single receive address. Our solution bypasses this limitation and will allow users to utilize invoices directly without any additional burden to the consumer, allowing for full integration into existing payment gateways and financial systems.
[...]
Great info Tim. Automated Invoicing is a key factor here, with further recognition in the future, as day by day traders don't care about that.

I also watch Stratis closely and they are way ahead of its competition. Stratis Breeze Node is their key advantage, along with other newly developed features. Privacy transactions are a MUST for a coin to succeed in crypto space.From what I'm seeing, DNotes is following Stratis path along with some unique features as you mentioned above. From my point of view, DNotes has a great potential here, most depending on your core development team skills. From a simple investor view, I would buy DNotes over Stratis for one simple reason: higher PoS reward.

This all looks like everything is on track and very much heading in the right direction. I had some idea about most if it, but the Automated Invoicing both interested and confused me.

I think I understand about providing a single unique address for receiving payments. But I don't understand how the current market solution to generate unique addresses to accept payments is anything other than a choice. I don't know how or why it would be enforced by a cryptocurrency.

My guess is my knowledge gap here is then what leads me into not understanding the 'automated' part of the invoicing process.  Huh

Let's say you are a business and want to accept cryptocurrency payments, you currently have two options:
1) Run your own server with a hot wallet connected to your website, and for each transaction tell the daemon to generate a new address to accept payment, the new address acts as an invoice number. Of course, in order to do this you need a good amount of technical knowledge, custom integration as a payment solution, and as a result in house support processing and handling.
Neither of these options make it easy to take full advantage of the strengths of cryptocurrency. With what we have developed you have a system that can automatically invoice the transaction, integrate with blockchain and cart/payment systems, automatically verify and confirm the transaction was paid, and all with very little technical knowledge and less than 5 minutes setup time with your existing IT staff. I can see where the automated part can be confusing, from the perspective of solely a cryptocurrency / blockchain solution.

Here is one of hundreds of applications. TimMarsh, you are really good at research and evaluation. Let's say you were interested in researching cryptocurrencies and providing your analysis on them. You know there is a limited market for this information and ad revenue from a website or youtube wouldn't make it worth your while. You also know that people may pay but may not want to pay a lot of money for this report and analysis, but if you could charge them a small amount, let's say 0.25 cents, they would be happy to buy access to this report. You can't accept 0.25 cents and expect to actually receive 0.25 cents, that is even if you can accept 0.25 payments. Using cryptocurrency is either too complicated, or a manual process to accept payments. But imagine if you had a wordpress blog, installed a plugin, and could automatically accept and confirm payments, automatically deliver the report once confirmed, and get the full 0.25 cents, in cryptocurrency. What we are releasing is the base for this kind of system, completely secure if you need it to be, easy to use and understand.

Thanks for taking the time to explain so clearly, but the fog is only lifting slowly for me.

So it is already possible for me to do some work for someone, and when it is done, send them my DNotes address and ask them to pay into it. If I'm not expecting many payments, and they are all of different values, I could spend the time working out who payed what. So accepting 0.25 cents is already possible.

Creating a new address and giving it to only one customer has the advantage that I can match that address number with the customer and prove I have been paid. So the unique number doesn't allow payment, it enables attribution.

But the payer can always provide their pay-from address in a remittance advice which will enable attribution. And if I wanted to automate, I suppose I could ask them to email me their from address, and then use ITTT to search the blockchain for a payment from that address, to my address, after the email date until it finds it in a block that is at least two links old. Then have ITTT email them the article. That would be automated, but a bit of mucking around.

But DNotes2.0 will enable automatic event triggers that occur after a transaction has been processed?

This all sounds really interesting, especially if people can set it up themselves. The paid v.s. ad-sponsored mobile application market has indicated people are willing to pay a small price rather than see advertising. And the Youtube model of paying creators with advertising revenue is skating along a cliff edge as advertisers withdraw contracts due to mildly controversial content. So the market is clearly hungry for a micro-payment solution that is secure and easy to implement.

Personally, I'd like to see a browser plugin that recognises pressing a micro-payment button, and pops up an approval pane. I can mouse click a 4 digit pin on a randomized-position keypad to approve amounts less than a dollar. You do know your work will never end, don't you?

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 05:37:18 PM

[...]
Automated Invoicing
[...]

Thanks for taking the time to explain so clearly, but the fog is only lifting slowly for me.

So it is already possible for me to do some work for someone, and when it is done, send them my DNotes address and ask them to pay into it. If I'm not expecting many payments, and they are all of different values, I could spend the time working out who payed what. So accepting 0.25 cents is already possible.

Creating a new address and giving it to only one customer has the advantage that I can match that address number with the customer and prove I have been paid. So the unique number doesn't allow payment, it enables attribution.

But the payer can always provide their pay-from address in a remittance advice which will enable attribution. And if I wanted to automate, I suppose I could ask them to email me their from address, and then use ITTT to search the blockchain for a payment from that address, to my address, after the email date until it finds it in a block that is at least two links old. Then have ITTT email them the article. That would be automated, but a bit of mucking around.

But DNotes2.0 will enable automatic event triggers that occur after a transaction has been processed?

This all sounds really interesting, especially if people can set it up themselves. The paid v.s. ad-sponsored mobile application market has indicated people are willing to pay a small price rather than see advertising. And the Youtube model of paying creators with advertising revenue is skating along a cliff edge as advertisers withdraw contracts due to mildly controversial content. So the market is clearly hungry for a micro-payment solution that is secure and easy to implement.

Personally, I'd like to see a browser plugin that recognises pressing a micro-payment button, and pops up an approval pane. I can mouse click a 4 digit pin on a randomized-position keypad to approve amounts less than a dollar. You do know your work will never end, don't you?

Not to complicate the explanation, but to be specific and clear: The pay from address may not be an option, due to how transactions are sent, only under certain circumstances would the customer know the pay from address(es) or a good deal of technical knowledge they could figure out exactly what to put there. A customer could provide their txid, and you could confirm it, serving the same purpose, with much less technical knowledge.

"But DNotes2.0 will enable automatic event triggers that occur after a transaction has been processed? "
The DNotes 2.0 blockchain will allow for someone to create event triggers, that would confirm a transaction. But this may be a better way to explain it, it would be like a transaction specific decentralized API, that anyone could call anywhere in the world to confirm.

It may be worth explaining confirmations, as this is a big part of the need for this type of solution. If I have 10 DNotes in a wallet and send you 10 DNotes, you get instant notification of payment received. However, I could do that instant notification a number of times for the same coins within a reasonable time frame, provided I had the resources and technical experience to do so, but the network will agree which one is true transaction and reject the rest. The network continues along this same chain of blocks, and each block solved solidifies previous blocks as it goes. Each block solved counts as one confirmation. When there is disagreement about which transaction is the correct transaction a new chain can be created, the fork with the majority of the network agreement continues on as the strongest chain. If I had a lot of network resources, I could continue to disagree with the strongest chain, and chose which chain should be the correct chain. But I have to continue using my resources to keep my chain alive and compete for the strongest chain.

So if that made sense to you, the result is, the more confirmations you have the more you can trust that transaction. 0 confirmations is risky, 1 confirmation is pretty safe, 2 is even safer and so on. 6 is network default where received funds are spendable. If you have say an information product, and very low risk someone would go to the effort to try and cheat you, you could get away with instant notification and deliver the product immediately. Some may cheat, but the legitimate customers will still pay you. Waiting for one confirmation would be exponentially safer, but the customer would have to wait for delivery, with DNotes usually no more than a minute, in this case you could digitally deliver the product to their email after 1 confirmation or something like that. And if you are shipping product, you might as well just use 6 confirmations.

Getting back to the point, you need to be able to wait an amount of time, and check to ensure a transaction is confirmed without the customer having to wait. This system allows you to do just that, and you will be able to set any number of confirmations, depending on the value of the deliverable.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 07:41:33 PM

[...]
Automated Invoicing
[...]

Not to complicate the explanation, but to be specific and clear: The pay from address may not be an option, due to how transactions are sent, only under certain circumstances would the customer know the pay from address(es) or a good deal of technical knowledge they could figure out exactly what to put there. A customer could provide their txid, and you could confirm it, serving the same purpose, with much less technical knowledge.

"But DNotes2.0 will enable automatic event triggers that occur after a transaction has been processed? "
The DNotes 2.0 blockchain will allow for someone to create event triggers, that would confirm a transaction. But this may be a better way to explain it, it would be like a transaction specific decentralized API, that anyone could call anywhere in the world to confirm.

It may be worth explaining confirmations, as this is a big part of the need for this type of solution. If I have 10 DNotes in a wallet and send you 10 DNotes, you get instant notification of payment received. However, I could do that instant notification a number of times for the same coins within a reasonable time frame, provided I had the resources and technical experience to do so, but the network will agree which one is true transaction and reject the rest. The network continues along this same chain of blocks, and each block solved solidifies previous blocks as it goes. Each block solved counts as one confirmation. When there is disagreement about which transaction is the correct transaction a new chain can be created, the fork with the majority of the network agreement continues on as the strongest chain. If I had a lot of network resources, I could continue to disagree with the strongest chain, and chose which chain should be the correct chain. But I have to continue using my resources to keep my chain alive and compete for the strongest chain.

So if that made sense to you, the result is, the more confirmations you have the more you can trust that transaction. 0 confirmations is risky, 1 confirmation is pretty safe, 2 is even safer and so on. 6 is network default where received funds are spendable. If you have say an information product, and very low risk someone would go to the effort to try and cheat you, you could get away with instant notification and deliver the product immediately. Some may cheat, but the legitimate customers will still pay you. Waiting for one confirmation would be exponentially safer, but the customer would have to wait for delivery, with DNotes usually no more than a minute, in this case you could digitally deliver the product to their email after 1 confirmation or something like that. And if you are shipping product, you might as well just use 6 confirmations.

Getting back to the point, you need to be able to wait an amount of time, and check to ensure a transaction is confirmed without the customer having to wait. This system allows you to do just that, and you will be able to set any number of confirmations, depending on the value of the deliverable.

"Personally, I'd like to see a browser plugin that recognises pressing a micro-payment button, and pops up an approval pane. I can mouse click a 4 digit pin on a randomized-position keypad to approve amounts less than a dollar."
I like the idea. I would assume the risk and use that product in a way that prevents me from getting hurt in the event my micro payments account was compromised. However, would everyone learn the ins and outs, what that risk is, how to mitigate that risk, and if compromised would the user recognize they knowingly took on that risk and what they were risking. Would coordinated attacks be launched after a period of data collection, and make the headline news. The challenge is placing people in an environment where they cannot hurt themselves, or not have a bad experience that they correlate with your product. Once that bad experience has been correlated with your product, you stand a good chance to lose their trust. What if your 4-digit pin was based on one-time password software, built on isolated preinstalled hardware located inside your phone or as an attachment, and the 4-digit pin could only be verified just like a blockchain transaction (the other piece of information would be built into your plugin that you had to login to, well, I'm sure you get the idea).

I think that risk could be mitigated, and we could come up with solutions to make it just that easy for the user. We've even discussed trigger based warnings for systems such as you are proposing, that would help mitigate that risk. Like if the user didn't meet 5 out of a hundred typical criteria, it would prompt them for more information, or they may get an email they have to click.

"You do know your work will never end, don't you?"
Of course, that is part of the excitement!

alfaalfa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:28:42 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/delaware-passes-groundbreaking-blockchain-regulation-bill/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:17:43 AM

That's great news to see the bill progress further. I've been following it since I heard about it. DNotes Global is incorporated in the state of Delaware. As stated, it will make the swapping of assets much easier, faster, and cheaper and make blockchain equity platforms more attractive with the first state backing it. DNotes Global is incorporated in Delaware.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:18:02 AM

That's great news to see the bill progress further. I've been following it since I heard about it. DNotes Global is incorporated in the state of Delaware. As stated, it will make the swapping of assets much easier, faster, and cheaper and make blockchain equity platforms more attractive with the first state backing it. DNotes Global is incorporated in Delaware.

Thank you, alaalfa, for bringing this to our attention. This is very significant. Delaware is taking the lead but one day all the remaining states will follow, including Illinois. DNotes Global, Inc is incorporated in the state of Delaware and operating its registered business in the state of Illinois. It has limited transactions and business activities at this point but that will change in the future. The path we a chosen is consistent with our vision and the likely path of state and federal regulatory registry, reporting, and licensing requirements as the industry becomes increasingly matured.

Personally, I am concerned about the reckless conducts of our industry as a whole, especially, with regards to the rampant speculative ICOs often with little to zero underlining value. I am fearful that many investors will see substantial losses in their investment with no recourse or hope that what they invested will be worth anything one day. We are already seeing a "blood-bath" that could be quite painful. And regulators will have no choice but take corrective actions to protect consumers investors.

This is a very predictable out-come and a thinning-out process, just like what happened to other emerging technology eras, including PC and dot com. Only a few survived but most vanished. DNotes will survive the test of time. Sadly, most investors in our industry don't seem to do enough home-work to separate fluff from substance. Despite significant added value in DNotes 2.0 development and other areas the value of DNotes has dropped by 75% from its high. It has been under-valued to begin with. I am in accumulation mode.  

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 03:20:45 AM

Video: Smokeys Gardens 2017 Open House

https://youtu.be/Xc1pGPaNfK8

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:22:05 AM

European Commission Report: Organized Illicit Use of Cryptocurrency “Quite Rare”

https://dcebrief.com/european-commission-report-organized-illicit-use-of-cryptocurrency-quite-rare/
alfaalfa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:35:09 AM

Thank you, alaalfa, for bringing this to our attention. This is very significant. Delaware is taking the lead but one day all the remaining states will follow, including Illinois. DNotes Global, Inc is incorporated in the state of Delaware and operating its registered business in the state of Illinois. It has limited transactions and business activities at this point but that will change in the future. The path we a chosen is consistent with our vision and the likely path of state and federal regulatory registry, reporting, and licensing requirements as the industry becomes increasingly matured.

Personally, I am concerned about the reckless conducts of our industry as a whole, especially, with regards to the rampant speculative ICOs often with little to zero underlining value. I am fearful that many investors will see substantial losses in their investment with no recourse or hope that what they invested will be worth anything one day. We are already seeing a "blood-bath" that could be quite painful. And regulators will have no choice but take corrective actions to protect consumers investors.

This is a very predictable out-come and a thinning-out process, just like what happened to other emerging technology eras, including PC and dot com. Only a few survived but most vanished. DNotes will survive the test of time. Sadly, most investors in our industry don't seem to do enough home-work to separate fluff from substance. Despite significant added value in DNotes 2.0 development and other areas the value of DNotes has dropped by 75% from its high. It has been under-valued to begin with. I am in accumulation mode.  

Do you think that that time of "cleaning" is already here? What about the August 1st? Will you keep your funds on poloniex? Sad story about this blood bath. I am in accumulation mode too, switching from coins that remained more stable to DNotes and Eth.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:23:07 AM

I really like DNOTES from the beginning and will look at the current blood bath as an opportunity to buy and stock up on some DNOTES. I believe that in any market, it can't go down like this forever..Maybe in another 2 months we will see the markets stabilize and rise again.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 08:51:00 AM

Again, you've added a lot of clarity. So where I suggested "two links old", that would be fine for minor transactions, but for something more significant, more confirmations adds security, up to about six where that is a lot of work to break.

That makes a lot of sense and I can see now how people would be eager to implement that in their websites.

TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 09:53:01 AM

European Commission Report: Organized Illicit Use of Cryptocurrency “Quite Rare”

https://dcebrief.com/european-commission-report-organized-illicit-use-of-cryptocurrency-quite-rare/

We all know that the entrenched centralised financial systems, that are all profiting from the status-quo will fight tooth and nail to hang onto their advantage.

"According to data from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and European crime-fighting agency Europol, the annual global drugs trade is worth around $435 billion a year."
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100957882

And in the UK, the stolen goods market was worth $2 billion in 2014.
https://www.pleio.nl/file/download/40304372

By extrapolating the stolen goods figure out using the UK GDP, a rough estimate at the annual world value of stolen goods traded is about $78 billion. Add this to the drug trade and we've got a combined trade of $513 billion. This half a trillion dollar crime industry is enabled through the anonymity of cash transactions.

"The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimate the volume of money laundering to be between three and five percent of GDP, equivalent to approximately US$2.2 trillion to US$3.7 trillion annually."
https://www.infosys.com/industries/cards-and-payments/resources/Documents/money-transfer-industry-2016.pdf

The total cryptocurrency market capitalisation is only $78 billion, with $38 billion of that in bitcoin. And we also know that the vast majority of traded volume is speculative. This means that it is not traded between two people who are making a deal, but between unknown entities exchanging currencies via an alt-currency exchange.

So the idea of, to quote The European Commission, "the Commission also proposes a centralized database of crypto users and their wallet addresses" is laughable in its misguided focus. Sure, I'll be handing over my identity and crypto-wallet address, just as soon as the register of cash wallets is complete, including all cash transactions being recorded in a publicly visible ledger with 100% accuracy and tamper proof. Don't hold your breath.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:22:30 PM

This is a pretty good no-nonsense article on blockchain technology, and unlike most of the others, it does not dismiss bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY: A PRIMER FOR CONSULTANTS

http://www.cmc-canada.ca/consult/articles/all-topics/blockchain-technology-a-primer-for-consultants

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:26:15 PM

DNotes Approach to Regulation & Compliance

https://youtu.be/fX6lsBGa9hA

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:51:38 AM

Do you think that that time of "cleaning" is already here? What about the August 1st? Will you keep your funds on poloniex? Sad story about this blood bath. I am in accumulation mode too, switching from coins that remained more stable to DNotes and Eth.

I think it is tough to tell, given that that investors in projects generally don't keep their funds on exchanges, and even less so on the sell side of the order book. The bulk of current 'prices' will be set by speculators who buy with the intent of selling later on, hoping to make bank on investor contributions to a project, and other speculators pumping the price up doing the same thing after them. Of course, given the nature of every market seemingly dropping at once, I would suspect there are a significant number of whales heavily invested across many, many markets, and perhaps when conditions are more favorable in other markets in their locality (or when they have made enough money), they begin withdrawing as they can - causing a sell off with it as bots begin to execute orders, and many others begin to sell their positions.

The value, and the price of a coin are two very different things in the crypto realm. If a coin goes up in price by 5 fold in a month pr loses a similar gain, it's value may still be exactly the same - there is just an expectation that over time, the price will mirror a crypto's true value - which is what our focus is on building.  It appears no crypto is immune from these market pump and dumps, regardless of market segmentation strategy. That said, the more people who are burned by a currency, the fewer chances that currency will likely have at those customers returning. Having the real value maximized by a currency when the market is ready for real investor growth will mean more reliable price appreciation to reflect that value. We would hope that time is coming soon, to align with our plan to rapidly scale. That said, a true first cryptocurrency with an intrinsic, investor grade value could influence that market to rise in this fashion, and speed up the thinning out process. As everybody probably knows in the business world - superior products lead to more consumers, investment, and switching from rivals.

The upside in all of this, is that many currencies are now valued at less than they were - which makes for a great opportunity for investors. Volatility is expected in this industry, and this latest 'blood bath' should illustrate our point better than ever that a successful currency requires investment-grade status and intrinsic value. Time will tell whether pandering to short-term speculators and empty PR, or time-tested & winning business strategies is the better approach.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:34:36 AM

From my prospective, the industry market-cap went up too quickly to an unsustainable level. It is now trying to seek a “technical” bottom and re-establish itself before the next up trend. The August 1st Bitcoin hard fork user activated Segregated Witness (Segwit) under Bitcoin Improvement Proposal (BIP) 148 will introduce further uncertainties and prolong the correction period. Over the short term this will be very damaging, especially, those with ICOs in the works. I believe that investors will be more cautious going forward; though the “greed factor” often lead to short memory. Best case, people will try harder to do their home before investing – a good thing for DNotes. I am certain that the thinning out cleaning process has already started.

Longer-term out-look is excellent for DNotes. The insane volatility will cause significant loss of confidence to most “real” world investors that are waiting on the side-line. More people will begin to appreciate why DNotes has elected to take a different path with a focus to create fundamental intrinsic value for DNotes stakeholders.

Especially after our recent meeting with our core development group, I am very confident that DNotes will be a technology leader within a year or two. DNotes 2.0 will be a significant contribution to our industry once we achieved 100% conversion to C#.

Think of it as a brand new garden hose as oppose to one with 100 patches from volunteers with each hose clamp tighten from 85% to 95% Tensile strength. There are inefficiencies and leaks all-over. That is the inherent problem of an open source environment, especially without strong leadership and commitment to finish the job no matter how challenging and difficult.

In reality, you can not fire a volunteer. They all believe that they have the best solution and often left the last 10% to 15% of the most challenging part unfinished. All the work-around and patch after patch lead to inefficiencies and confusions. We are committed to give DNotes 2.0 a clean start. That will give us the advantage to offer many apps we have in mind.    
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: