Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 06:32:31 AM

In reality, you can not fire a volunteer. They all believe that they have the best solution and often left the last 10% to 15% of the most challenging part unfinished. All the work-around and patch after patch lead to inefficiencies and confusions. We are committed to give DNotes 2.0 a clean start. That will give us the advantage to offer many apps we have in mind.    

Is this for real?  Huh I had no idea. When I read 'converting to 100% C#, I assumed a process-for-process, class-for-class port. I did not know that the existing code that DNotes, and many other alt-coin was based on, had any work-arounds or additional patches. And I was well beyond guessing that DNotes Global Inc was going to do a clean-slate rebuild and everything that implies.

This is such a major differentiation, and differentiation is recognised as critical in The Four Pillars of Business Success. I understand not hyping up things before they are ready to be delivered, but that doesn't mean you can't be clear, on your road map, about the extent to which you intend to improve DNotes.

This deserves a solid article and a video that specifically identifies some of the current work-arounds and patches being used by all alt-coins built on the same technology as DNotes. I think that this is especially prudent and valuable when so many people are trying to escape 'the cleaning' by finding a safe harbour in a cryptocurrency with a solid future.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:56:22 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 04:31:00 PM by Chase

There is an article out on Forbes today that may indicate there is more fuel being added to the ICO fire (bubble). It's great that institutional investors are finally starting to pay attention, but this isn't going to end well if they don't slow down, educate themselves on the industry, and do a little more research on what value these projects are actually capable of delivering.

I completely agree with this:  

"Because of this frenzy, some seasoned players in the space are refraining from jumping in. William Mougayar, general partner at early stage fund Virtual Capital Ventures and author of The Business Blockchain who organized Token Summit, wrote via email, “I don't want to be in the difficult position of explaining to my limited partners 8-14 months from now why the assets have dropped by 80% within a week.” He views the new hedge funds as helping to further inflate valuations. He plans to raise a fund after a crash or serious correction.

“If you rush gains, valuations, expectations, hype, etc... the whole thing will crash down. That is what happened in 1999/2000 with the Web. Suddenly, everything was going to be on the web, whether they were good or bad ideas, and whether they were experienced or non-experienced teams,” he wrote, adding that the same is happening with blockchains. “Reckless and greedy sentiments are leading the market. That is OK, because we need that to happen in order to flush out the bad actors and ideas from the system,” he says."

Crypto Boom: 15 New Hedge Funds Want In On 84,000% Returns - https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/07/12/crypto-boom-15-new-hedge-funds-want-in-on-84000-returns/#305a98a6416a

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:11:50 PM

"Because of this frenzy, some seasoned players in the space are refraining from jumping in. William Mougayar, general partner at early stage fund Virtual Capital Ventures and author of The Business Blockchain who organized Token Summit, wrote via email, “I don't want to be in the difficult position of explaining to my limited partners 8-14 months from now why the assets have dropped by 80% within a week.” He views the new hedge funds as helping to further inflate valuations. He plans to raise a fund after a crash or serious correction.

“If you rush gains, valuations, expectations, hype, etc... the whole thing will crash down. That is what happened in 1999/2000 with the Web. Suddenly, everything was going to be on the web, whether they were good or bad ideas, and whether they were experienced or non-experienced teams,” he wrote, adding that the same is happening with blockchains. “Reckless and greedy sentiments are leading the market. That is OK, because we need that to happen in order to flush out the bad actors and ideas from the system,” he says."

Yeah, I like that bit too. Nice post/find.

I listened to a podcast on my run yesterday. It's Andreas Antonopoulos talking about the upcoming changes in bitcoin. I definitely couldn't follow the whole discussion, but still found it super interesting/enlightening.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-337-no-rulers-here

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:17:40 PM

In reality, you can not fire a volunteer. They all believe that they have the best solution and often left the last 10% to 15% of the most challenging part unfinished. All the work-around and patch after patch lead to inefficiencies and confusions. We are committed to give DNotes 2.0 a clean start. That will give us the advantage to offer many apps we have in mind.    

Is this for real?  Huh I had no idea. When I read 'converting to 100% C#, I assumed a process-for-process, class-for-class port. I did not know that the existing code that DNotes, and many other alt-coin was based on, had any work-arounds or additional patches. And I was well beyond guessing that DNotes Global Inc was going to do a clean-slate rebuild and everything that implies.

This is such a major differentiation, and differentiation is recognised as critical in The Four Pillars of Business Success. I understand not hyping up things before they are ready to be delivered, but that doesn't mean you can't be clear, on your road map, about the extent to which you intend to improve DNotes.

This deserves a solid article and a video that specifically identifies some of the current work-arounds and patches being used by all alt-coins built on the same technology as DNotes. I think that this is especially prudent and valuable when so many people are trying to escape 'the cleaning' by finding a safe harbour in a cryptocurrency with a solid future.

Tim, it is for real. And that is not all. Think of having five employees, each speaking a different foreign language. They can still communicate but only through an interpreter.  Our preference is to use one language and in this case C#. Of course, it could have been C++, but that would limit us to the "elite" programmers - to give them some credit.

For DNotes to gain mass acceptance one day we consciously target two groups - 1) everyone worldwide - rich or poor; young or old, tech and non-tech, and male or female. 2) the business world - small or large corporations - with focus on ease of participation. Additionally, my book "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success" with a chapter on the DNotes story is "a foot in the door". It helps when I have an immense experience and knowledge in new business start-ups and managing them successfully. Furthermore, I am genuinely committed to help reduce the high rate of business failures (80% + failed in the first 10 years). We truly want others to succeed and benefit in what we believe is the greatest technology revolution since the internet.

I always believe in a complete system approach. Doing parts of something and ignoring others while hoping that somehow everything will fall in place is just a wishful thinking more likely to fail than to succeed. DNotes is more than just a digital currency like Bitcoin. We constantly examine the opportunities and challenges confronting the currency, the ecosystems, and our industry as a whole.

Success in business is about identifying problems and challenges and exploit them as opportunities. Of course, it takes deep knowledge and skillful execution. We are very good at that. That is why we are confident that DNotes will be very successful and destined to lead our industry one day.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:09:30 PM

Is this for real?  Huh I had no idea. When I read 'converting to 100% C#, I assumed a process-for-process, class-for-class port. I did not know that the existing code that DNotes, and many other alt-coin was based on, had any work-arounds or additional patches. And I was well beyond guessing that DNotes Global Inc was going to do a clean-slate rebuild and everything that implies.

Tim, it is for real. And that is not all. Think of having five employees, each speaking a different foreign language. They can still communicate but only through an interpreter.  Our preference is to use one language and in this case C#. Of course, it could have been C++, but that would limit us to the "elite" programmers - to give them some credit.

For DNotes to gain mass acceptance one day we consciously target two groups - 1) everyone worldwide - rich or poor; young or old, tech and non-tech, and male or female. 2) the business world - small or large corporations - with focus on ease of participation. Additionally, my book "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success" with a chapter on the DNotes story is "a foot in the door". It helps when I have an immense experience and knowledge in new business start-ups and managing them successfully. Furthermore, I am genuinely committed to help reduce the high rate of business failures (80% + failed in the first 10 years). We truly want others to succeed and benefit in what we believe is the greatest technology revolution since the internet.

I always believe in a complete system approach. Doing parts of something and ignoring others while hoping that somehow everything will fall in place is just a wishful thinking more likely to fail than to succeed. DNotes is more than just a digital currency like Bitcoin. We constantly examine the opportunities and challenges confronting the currency, the ecosystems, and our industry as a whole.

Success in business is about identifying problems and challenges and exploit them as opportunities. Of course, it takes deep knowledge and skillful execution. We are very good at that. That is why we are confident that DNotes will be very successful and destined to lead our industry one day.

Very well said.

A cohesive and efficient means of development on open source is crucial for progression. Everything we are doing is the optimal way to stand the test of time in a nascent market dominated by speculator bubbles. Prices in this industry often rise much faster than they should, and go much too far. Retracements to more appropriate levels closer to actual value sentiment are common, and should be expected. These price bubbles have come and gone, and they WILL happen again. Regardless of price, our value proposition and offering will continue to rise, and it is only a matter of time until prices reflect that as people begin to take notice.

Many get caught up in the moment: prices today that often don't reflect the real current value, nor the future of a project. The price level before a system is complete, deployed, and does what it should is inconsequential to the price that reflects the value when the system is ready and in use. This is how an investor thinks, while speculators buy and sell depending on profit levels, and what they think everybody else is going to do - a psychology based on a buying and selling market, and not really based on intrinsic or enterprise value, whether now or in the future. Enterprise value takes creates and takes care of market price. Price does nothing to create enterprise value.

I'll single out but not name one particular currency - they've been a very high liquidity traded cryptocurrency of late, and are priced in the very low satoshi price range. The timing of their whitepapers appears to be a fabrication (claiming 2012, evidence points to 2014). None of their developers appear to be profiles of real people on their about page (since removed), and a large body of evidence points to their white paper timing fabrication being a means to hide a whopping >80% "ninja" style pre-mine, while a lot of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt and claimed evidence is being spread (whether legitimate or not) regarding their historical blockchain being faked.  The question must be asked: "would you trust this team?", and "what exactly does said coin offer that is unique, or creates any intrinsic value at all?".  I postulate nearly no actual value exists, yet many seem happy to trade the hell out of it regardless - that coin's central purpose on exchanges appears to act as a game of pump and dumping musical chairs, and that game clearly attracts a lot of participants on an asset arguably having very little intrinsic value.

These same traders do the same thing on every market - if that game is profitable with a probably garbage-grade coin, it is a profitable strategy in all markets with real investors believing in its long-term success. Only progression in creating real intrinsic value for mainstream use, and growth in longer-term market investors can escape this manipulation mentality and create a floor value & stability in the crypto space.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:46:20 AM

Revolut Receives $66 Million in Funding to Fuel Expansion

https://dcebrief.com/revolut-receives-66-million-in-funding-to-fuel-expansion/
Chevas Regal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 09:09:17 AM

I really like DNOTES from the beginning and will look at the current blood bath as an opportunity to buy and stock up on some DNOTES. I believe that in any market, it can't go down like this forever..Maybe in another 2 months we will see the markets stabilize and rise again.
Dnotes is very good to buy at this time i am sure we will not see this price in future, as we are heading to Q4 things will be different for D-notes Investor.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

jukKas

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:27:38 AM

Yeah, I like that bit too. Nice post/find.

I listened to a podcast on my run yesterday. It's Andreas Antonopoulos talking about the upcoming changes in bitcoin. I definitely couldn't follow the whole discussion, but still found it super interesting/enlightening.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-337-no-rulers-here

Thanks for sharing this! I'll listen this on my commute.

Bitcoin
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 11:20:25 AM

I just had a look at the Revolut website, and watched their promo video. On the one hand it seems too good to be true. Then on the other hand, I could never understand how banks justify a huge transaction fee when I know that all they are really doing is sending the tiniest bit of information to another institution.

My partner and I live the life of digital nomads. I get paid for work I do online and when a client wants to send me money, they usually have to wire transfer it using Western Union. This process costs us about US$40 in total. That is a lot of money for receiving instructions from one bank and sending them to another.

And when we are travelling, exchange rates are never what I find on the Internet. Some places offer no-commission exchange, but when you do the math on their rates, you're often better off paying the commission at the exchange with the better rate. The other alternative is to use the ATM and get hit with overseas machine charges and another poor exchange rate. I've even had two different multi-currency credit cards. Both cost more in fees and bad exchange rates than using the institutions' normal cards.

So half of me is wondering how they can make any money. And half of me is wondering how banks justify their fees. And all of me is looking forward to them incorporating DNotes into their system. The easier you make it for them to do that, and whatever you can do to reduce their exposure to risk, the sooner it will happen.

https://revolut.com/

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:58:53 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 02:23:44 PM by R-J-F

I just had a look at the Revolut website, and watched their promo video. On the one hand it seems too good to be true. Then on the other hand, I could never understand how banks justify a huge transaction fee when I know that all they are really doing is sending the tiniest bit of information to another institution.

My partner and I live the life of digital nomads. I get paid for work I do online and when a client wants to send me money, they usually have to wire transfer it using Western Union. This process costs us about US$40 in total. That is a lot of money for receiving instructions from one bank and sending them to another.

And when we are travelling, exchange rates are never what I find on the Internet. Some places offer no-commission exchange, but when you do the math on their rates, you're often better off paying the commission at the exchange with the better rate. The other alternative is to use the ATM and get hit with overseas machine charges and another poor exchange rate. I've even had two different multi-currency credit cards. Both cost more in fees and bad exchange rates than using the institutions' normal cards.

So half of me is wondering how they can make any money. And half of me is wondering how banks justify their fees. And all of me is looking forward to them incorporating DNotes into their system. The easier you make it for them to do that, and whatever you can do to reduce their exposure to risk, the sooner it will happen.

https://revolut.com/

I just read that as well but you beat me to the post!  Grin

I see this as the next (first?) step in the "sea change" of finance and banking. For years, banks have had a monopoly on the personal financial sector (not to mention business) that has slowly bled consumers dry. From deposit interest rates to loan points, banks have been fully in control of each and every one of us with the possible exception of the very rich and even they have to deal with them at one time or another and, at less than favorable terms, even for them. For the most part, the bank always wins.

This kind of power and control breeds contempt and is one of the prime drivers of crypto today. Banks have enjoyed a monopoly in the field of personal finance, not to mention business, and that only creates stagnation and fuels greed. As with most innovations, crypto has been working to re-invent itself within the field of finance and become a major player on the world stage. I submit that the appearance of fully digital/crypto online banks are the harbinger of a new world. Moving all the old standards of banking including safe haven, loans, credit cards, mortgages and business finance online, without fiat. A new world needs to start with eliminating the old one and that is happening now.

Let's face it, the crypto ecosystem does not need "brick and mortar" branch offices and 20 employees in hundreds of cities to satisfy customers needs. The overhead this will eliminate is staggering in, and of, itself. Twenty four by seven access is the holy grail of banking right now but, until now, only ATM machines and bank web sites could come close and the reality of it is that it's an illusion, and an expensive one at that for the consumer.

So, think about this for a minute: Today's crypto exchanges will be tomorrow's pioneering online, full service, no fiat banks. Is there a better fit or road to the evolution of these entities? Current thinking sees services such as Bittrex, Poloniex, Kraken and the others as mimicking the stock markets but, I see then evolving into full service online banks with crypto eventually totally replacing fiat at some future point. As far as ATM's go, they will eventually be a thing of the past like color TV picture tubes, they will yield to new technology. If everyone has access to and, could spend their funds anywhere using their cell phone or some other sort of portable electronic device, who would have the need for an ATM? No cash, no ATM. Even Bitcoin ATMs days are numbered unless they morph into a form of "crypto coin exchanger", like a hardware ShapeShift perhaps. But even here, if you can do it on a cell phone, why the need for a kiosk? I suppose in areas and countries where cellular enjoys less than 98% penetration, it would be needed, for now.

Darwin's contribution basically states "adapt or die" which fully encompasses the state of the financial industry we are dealing with today. It is a given that people will adapt by using the easier of two different choices all else being equal. Why would you drive to the bank or ATM to get "cash" when you can click an icon and your purchase is payed for? Kind of a no brainer really, cash and the institutions that support it and control us through it are as dead as the dinosaurs, they just haven't looked up at the sky, yet...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
dogemoon8888

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:01:52 PM

I have always been concerned about every item of Dnotes, each of which feels great, the current price is too low, if the developer continues to improve the value of the increase, Dnotes value must be higher than the ETC, that is now the price of 50 to 100 times Between, worthy of long-term holding, can ignore short-term fluctuations.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 02:40:38 PM

I have always been concerned about every item of Dnotes, each of which feels great, the current price is too low, if the developer continues to improve the value of the increase, Dnotes value must be higher than the ETC, that is now the price of 50 to 100 times Between, worthy of long-term holding, can ignore short-term fluctuations.

Thanks dogemoon, that is our commitment, to continue adding value every day with very few exceptions.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:58:26 AM

Thank you for your confidence in DNotes and our team. I share your frustration and will say that DNotes is significantly under-valued. I will be a fool if I agreed to sell just our ecosystem, including DNotes Global, Inc. (25% owned by DNotes’ stakeholders) for $$7,304,692, as valued by CoinMarketCap at the time of writing. It would be like selling Google or Facebook for that amount during their first year of operations. Essentially, zero value is assigned for our ecosystem – the most valuable driver towards mass acceptance of DNotes as a supplement to global fiat currencies. Yes, it is a big bold endeavor and we are the only team totally dedicated to make it happen – and we will. Everything that we have done is real and verifiable.

Wait, if we have only DNotes – the digital currency like our industry peers and spent all the money and time pumping up DNotes the value of DNotes perhaps would be worth many times more than it is today. In my opinion, our industry, as a whole, has a rather confused judgement in sorting out value investment.

Why is DNotes so different? Because we believe that digital currency is the future of money (not fluff and puff thin air). The one to succeed must meet and exceed the full functions of money as a unit of account, a store of value, and a medium of exchange. And there must be fundamental or intrinsic value behind it.  For it to happen, many challenges must be overcome and many problems solved – hence it requires a complex ecosystem and substantial investment.
So, what is the difference compared to what everyone else is doing?

We all started with the same OEM (original equipment manufacturer) engine – (Satoshi Nakamoto Bitcoin engine) and changed the name plate with a few bells and whistles added to it. Without doing much more we claimed that it will magically be accepted as the transport vehicle by the masses. We don’t think so. We believe that for it to gain mass acceptance, we must use the amazing engine to build a great car along with highways, gas stations, repair shops, etc. This takes a great deal of time and investment; few in our industry would care to understand or take seriously.  

Our vision is to build DNotes as a trusted, purposeful digital currency accessible to everyone world-wide to supplement, and ultimately replace fiat currencies. How much could DNotes be worth one day – well your guess is as good as mine.

DCEBrief

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:36:34 AM

Falcon Private Bank Now Offering Crypto Asset Management

https://dcebrief.com/falcon-private-bank-now-offering-crypto-asset-management/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:39:10 PM

While the upcoming BIP 148 UASF (see this link for more information) does not impact DNotes directly, the uncertainty and potential chain split will have an effect on the Bitcoin market. As well as the relative value of DNotes in relation to dominant market pairings of NOTE/BTC on the exchanges.

For Bitcoin, it is uncertain exactly what will happen and we will refrain from speculating, but there is a lot of information available on what could happen. There will be a disruption in the network, along with a possible chain split. The overwhelming recommendation has been that you control your Bitcoin / private keys prior to the fork, and not to rely on transactions until this situation has resolved, see this link on bitcoin.org.

Additional Resources and Information:
https://blog.gdax.com/preparing-for-the-bitcoin-user-activated-soft-fork-86844d7012d0
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-beginners-guide-surviving-bip-148-uasf/
https://news.bitcoin.com/this-happens-to-your-coins-during-a-bitcoin-hard-fork-and-possible-blockchain-split/
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/countdown-segwit-these-are-dates-keep-eye/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:46:32 PM

Thank you for your confidence in DNotes and our team. I share your frustration and will say that DNotes is significantly under-valued. I will be a fool if I agreed to sell just our ecosystem, including DNotes Global, Inc. (25% owned by DNotes’ stakeholders) for $$7,304,692, as valued by CoinMarketCap at the time of writing. It would be like selling Google or Facebook for that amount during their first year of operations. Essentially, zero value is assigned for our ecosystem – the most valuable driver towards mass acceptance of DNotes as a supplement to global fiat currencies. Yes, it is a big bold endeavor and we are the only team totally dedicated to make it happen – and we will. Everything that we have done is real and verifiable.

Wait, if we have only DNotes – the digital currency like our industry peers and spent all the money and time pumping up DNotes the value of DNotes perhaps would be worth many times more than it is today. In my opinion, our industry, as a whole, has a rather confused judgement in sorting out value investment.

Why is DNotes so different? Because we believe that digital currency is the future of money (not fluff and puff thin air). The one to succeed must meet and exceed the full functions of money as a unit of account, a store of value, and a medium of exchange. And there must be fundamental or intrinsic value behind it.  For it to happen, many challenges must be overcome and many problems solved – hence it requires a complex ecosystem and substantial investment.

We all started with the same OEM (original equipment manufacturer) engine – (Satoshi Nakamoto Bitcoin engine) and changed the name plate with a few bells and whistles added to it. Without doing much more we claimed that it will magically be accepted as the transport vehicle by the masses. We don’t think so. We believe that for it to gain mass acceptance, we must use the amazing engine to build a great car along with highways, gas stations, repair shops, etc. This takes a great deal of time and investment; few in our industry would care to understand or take seriously.  

Our vision is to build DNotes as a trusted, purposeful digital currency accessible to everyone world-wide to supplement, and ultimately replace fiat currencies. How much could DNotes be worth one day – well your guess is as good as mine.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:12:09 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2017, 06:27:17 AM by TeeGee

Why is DNotes so different? Because we believe that digital currency is the future of money (not fluff and puff thin air). The one to succeed must meet and exceed the full functions of money as a unit of account, a store of value, and a medium of exchange. And there must be fundamental or intrinsic value behind it.  For it to happen, many challenges must be overcome and many problems solved – hence it requires a complex ecosystem and substantial investment.

This post highlights the fundamental problem with so many crypto related projects. Everybody is indeed using the same OEM engine that Satoshi Nakamoto created, and thus far, nearly the entire focus for new developments have been towards creating new trading platforms & novel ways to convince crypto bagholders to part with valuable or 'proven' tokens like BTC and ETH in exchange for newly created ones out of thin air. These are marketed as crowdfunding to get cool projects off the ground, but if people really cared about the services the ICO projects would bring about, they'd do it without expectation of tokens in return, or just receiving free use of the platforms - which is a pipe dream.

It is patently clear that nobody would invest in these ICOs if it were not for the possibility of massive trading profits in the future if the project is successful, and investors generally don't care at all about the product being produced. This removes any doubt that ICOs are traded as though they are equity, despite having absolutely no equity claim against the projects, and certainly none against any of its future profits. Most ICOs also don't have business models, let alone businesses. They are privately funded projects; the initiators literally trade you brand new and untested tokens for high quality BTC and ETH. The price of these tokens therefore, has absolutely ZERO intrinsic relationship (at all) with the performance of the project itself than brand association. If a project does well, there is literally zero reason for the ICO token to perform to the same degree - if the project makes a profit (which the project leaders will take), it means absolutely nothing for the token. The ICO initiators keep the good tokens, you keep the ones they insta-mined (free lunch). ICOs are better than crowdfunding for project initiators, but not as good for consumers as VC, or VC in the form of tokens that are claims of equity against a real company's future profits.

ICOs have ZERO intrinsic value absent this equity claim. They are gambling markets - just like every other crypto, except everybody buys from somebody who printed the tokens from thin air without any price discovery (which makes the whole thing more or less a scam). At least in normal crypto markets you purchase at current market price. ICOs absent equity claim are no different than Central Banks printing coins to give you, except that people voluntarily sign up to decrease the value of their holding, and time to time, trading of ICO coins can yield a profit.

DNotes is that cryptocurrency project that recognizes that speculation does nothing for intrinsic value; and that a trading platform, or a new mobile wallet, faster transaction times before its needed, decentralized governance model, or turnkey blockchain platforms (to name but a few) on their own do very little to aid adoption of mainstream crypto. The projects may provide new means for technological innovation, and sometimes means for participants to make a profit if they trade the tokens well (much like most crypto).  We recognize that to be successful, intrinsic value must be built into the currency - which is why we awarded real company equity to the currency itself. We also know that there are many requirements to become successful: building a currency itself is not enough - much like Alan's example with the car analogy, the car is not enough, we also need roads, repair shops, gas stations (payment gateways, financial integration, favorable media, tech innovation beyond 'faster than nakamotos version', simplicity, stability, intrinsic value) among others to bring this thing mainstream. We don't disclose our core projects and ideas (cos we aren't a hype currency), but think of just about any feature, or related service that you think "crypto needs" or that an existing player is already doing - and chances are that we've already designed an improved version for future deployment when the time suits us. We're doing everything in the one ecosystem, and not focusing on 'one aspect'. Winning systems approaches (the ones missing in the industry) means an initial division of time across multiple projects.

Crypto already beats fiat money in just about every way (especially transaction speed - which is the core thing investors throw even more money to try improve further) - currently only lacking in a viable stable currency that is integrated into the mainstream system to allow easy payment for goods and services. Instead on focusing to fix this shortcoming, every other project is just reinventing ways to do the same thing as everybody else in the areas crypto is already beating fiat... and we're still no closer to bringing it to the mainstream as a result.

Stop reinventing the wheel - what new problems are people in the industry solving?

DCEBrief

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:28:40 AM

GDAX Announces Contingency Plans for Bitcoin Soft Fork

https://dcebrief.com/gdax-announces-contingency-plans-for-bitcoin-soft-fork/
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 07:28:34 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2017, 09:42:16 AM by TimMarsh

Thanks, you raised lots of interesting points that I couldn't help but comment on, in green.

I just read that as well but you beat me to the post!  Grin

I'm not surprised that this article caught your eye too. I think Revolut is a game changer.

[...]

Let's face it, the crypto ecosystem does not need "brick and mortar" branch offices and 20 employees in hundreds of cities to satisfy customers needs. The overhead this will eliminate is staggering in, and of, itself. Twenty four by seven access is the holy grail of banking right now but, until now, only ATM machines and bank web sites could come close and the reality of it is that it's an illusion, and an expensive one at that for the consumer.

I think what bricks and mortar does for currency is similar to what hard cash does. It makes it seem real. It generates trust. I believe that if when Bitcoin first launched it had teller machines in every major city, and these Bitcoin teller machines let you plug in a blank or walletted USB stick and feed in hard fiat currency in exchange for bitcoin. Then I'm certain that bitcoin would have escalated in value much faster, and adoption would have been much broader.

But if you think about this process for just a second, you'll see that the only real difference between the outcome of buying your bitcoin online and buying it through a teller machine is trust. But there's nothing more stopping a teller machine from swallowing your money and rejecting your walletted USB, than there is from an exchange failing to provide you the Bitcoin you purchased. It is simply the trust comes from touching real things.

So, think about this for a minute: Today's crypto exchanges will be tomorrow's pioneering online, full service, no fiat banks. Is there a better fit or road to the evolution of these entities? Current thinking sees services such as Bittrex, Poloniex, Kraken and the others as mimicking the stock markets but, I see then evolving into full service online banks with crypto eventually totally replacing fiat at some future point. As far as ATM's go, they will eventually be a thing of the past like color TV picture tubes, they will yield to new technology. If everyone has access to and, could spend their funds anywhere using their cell phone or some other sort of portable electronic device, who would have the need for an ATM? No cash, no ATM. Even Bitcoin ATMs days are numbered unless they morph into a form of "crypto coin exchanger", like a hardware ShapeShift perhaps. But even here, if you can do it on a cell phone, why the need for a kiosk? I suppose in areas and countries where cellular enjoys less than 98% penetration, it would be needed, for now.

My cell phone freezes sometimes and eats up what's left of the battery when it does. Other times, when I go for a walk and a swim, I don't bring it with me. And because I live somewhere with lots of free WiFi, I don't have a data plan and for times haven't even bothered with a SIM. So a cell phone is part of the solution, but we need more.

This is where Revolut is a game changer. I can have a Revolut card with a value held in a single currency, and spend it in any currency. I can leave it in my pocket when I go swimming. When the Revolut card holds DNotes, I won't need to store value in a fiat currency at all. Instead I can hedge my bets and spread out my risks and opportunities without impacting my available day to day funds or transactions.

The Four Pillars of Business Success talks about focusing on the right idea and not competing in a saturated market without any differentiation. As soon as I saw the Revolut video, I realised that DNotes does not need to burn energy and funds creating a mobile application, an ATM teller machine card, or any of that expensive and risky infrastructure. What it needs to do is implement technology in DNotes2.0 which enables businesses like Revolut to incorporate DNotes into their service effortlessly.

I see guaranteeing funds with an equal amount in cold-store, enabling proof of stake for fast reliable confirmations, reducing value fluctuations by providing intrinsic value and avoiding hype, these are all aspects that simplify incorporation into services like Revolut. I also hope that Alan Yong has invited Nikolay Storonsky and Vlad Yatsenko out to dinner for a chat.

Darwin's contribution basically states "adapt or die" which fully encompasses the state of the financial industry we are dealing with today. It is a given that people will adapt by using the easier of two different choices all else being equal. Why would you drive to the bank or ATM to get "cash" when you can click an icon and your purchase is payed for? Kind of a no brainer really, cash and the institutions that support it and control us through it are as dead as the dinosaurs, they just haven't looked up at the sky, yet...

I think that we will see that some are dinosaurs and some will try to be crocodiles. Fear of losing control and advantage in the finance industry has them all working together to make it hard for cryptocurrency exchanges to operate, lobbying governments to make unworkable restrictions, and pressuring merchant service providers to not jump the fence. Alas, I have no evidence of my opinion.

But the fintech industry is nipping at the heals of old finance. There is a lot of money to be made by banks that go hybrid and the early adopters will retain the reputation as go-to banks for cryptocurrency for a long time. Others will spend a fortune on advertising to get a piece of that market confidence. So the temptation for banks to break ranks and incorporate cryptocurrency services is really high.

Many banks are slow to innovate due to risk-averse policies and board structures. But there are many 'societies', 'funds' and other players in the industry that are modelled very closely on bank structures, but never included into the big-boys club with the official title of bank. I see these excluded players as being more agile, less risk averse, and much more likely to break ranks early.

Update:
And already the banks start breaking rank.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-swiss-online-bank-unleashes-bitcoin-in-weeks-second-swiss-breakthrough

dogemoon8888

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:56:56 AM

It's nice to see so many replies that the community is really active and every one of the Dnotes community is working hard to keep the intrinsic value of Dnotes, and it's proven that most of the last two days of Allcoin (Including BTC) are down, but Dnote is a slow rise, which represents some of the technical level and long-term investors concerned about, believe that their own, Dnotes will be the best.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: