Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:07:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:59:14 PM

Bitcoin is in no way responsible for the increase in criminality ratio.Even criminals won't get to be paid in bitcoins as their transactions could be easily traced and they could be caught.
But come to think off that criminality and illegal transactions are really lot on what you anticipated.Try to look the transactions do happen on dark web you will eventually see on your own eyes on how illegal stuffs been done and most of them do make use on bitcoin. We cant really blame bitcoin since its just a tool being used on those transactions but sad to think off why those people do make use of bitcoin on negative way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:23:29 PM

Bitcoin is in no way responsible for the increase in criminality ratio.Even criminals won't get to be paid in bitcoins as their transactions could be easily traced and they could be caught.
But come to think off that criminality and illegal transactions are really lot on what you anticipated.Try to look the transactions do happen on dark web you will eventually see on your own eyes on how illegal stuffs been done and most of them do make use on bitcoin. We cant really blame bitcoin since its just a tool being used on those transactions but sad to think off why those people do make use of bitcoin on negative way.
Regarding, bitcoin being used in criminal activities. It is not more of advantage than any other currency. Any currency can easily facilitate crime. It is just like people usually connect it with black market and criminal activities because of initial records. Specially those who have never used really in bitcoin.
Dewi08

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:29:39 PM

Regarding, bitcoin being used in criminal activities. It is not more of advantage than any other currency. Any currency can easily facilitate crime. It is just like people usually connect it with black market and criminal activities because of initial records. Specially those who have never used really in bitcoin.

My opinion is, it all depends on how the person is using bitcoin well or vice versa, it may be very easy for somebody to use bitcoin for something bad, but it can be traced easily, we can see where we can see so many people which transact on a daily basis, so it could be possible the crime by using bitcoin will be quickly tracked by the authorities ...
fxbit

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:43:26 PM

I think any other currency or valuables can be use to commit crime not only bitcoin, its jut because gov is not comfortable with how bitcoin gain mass adoption and potentially replace their corrupt monetary system, they are criminal for their roles allowing such monetary system to operate and scamming people on a daily basis

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N
SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:43:50 PM

My opinion is, it all depends on how the person is using bitcoin well or vice versa, it may be very easy for somebody to use bitcoin for something bad, but it can be traced easily, we can see where we can see so many people which transact on a daily basis, so it could be possible the crime by using bitcoin will be quickly tracked by the authorities ...

Not all countries understand that Bitcoin is not an illegal currency and is always used for crime.
their limited knowledge of bitcoin makes them claim that bitcoin is a criminal currency and is always used for illegal transactions.
the rules should be established so that Bitcoin users can be watched and protected.

Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:55:32 AM

Yes, bitcoin is helping the criminality.
We have to change some things on I think. More regulation will help bitcoin.

well shoes do, too. and knives. and telephones. every technology can be abused. where did the idea come from that a new technology should not be able to get abused? that is impossible.

regulate what? the (possible) criminal use of bitcoin? that is already regulated because it is illegal . the lawful use? why regulate that?

That is so true mate! Smiley Even fiat money that is regulated are subject to illegal use by criminals. Therefore, there is no way for us to be certain that once bitcoin will be regulated it will be free from criminal abuse.
well i think the number one reason why people do  crime is  the money ,poverty, i think bitcoin can really help to minus crime in reall life because bitcoin really gives an opportunity to the people without any requirement.maybe people did not commet crime if they saw that there are other simple way of making profit such us investing and trading bitcoin or maybe in joining signature campaign that was really a good contribution of bitcoin to the economics crisis it can really helps provide income to those ordinary people by then i think the crime will getting low.

Maybe, but I sort of doubt it. The people that are capable of doing signature campaign knows how to speak in English and that skill alone gives you some good choices for a day job with the proper training by the company itself. There are even jobs that only require you to know how to speak in English relatively well. I think that the people that commit crime are not necessarily those type of people. People know their worth and their skills. I think most of the people that commit crime are the people that are uneducated. They have no other choice but to commit crime in order to make money and they know for themselves that they lack the skill to change their lives. You're dumb, what are you going to do to make real money? You kill, you snatch from people, you steal from people. You basically have no choice because all you can offer is the physical part of you. You are lacking the intelligence or knowledge to be an employee that pays really well.

I think that bitcoin has opened up a door of opportunities for a lot of people. But it's not for everyone because some people are not able to digest the ideology of bitcoin.
Well I think there are two aspects of everything good and bad it depend on a person either he want to use it for bad thing or for bad things I will give you an example of internet it can be used for good things or in simple words you can say internet is full of knowledge but if you want to use it for bad things you can use it so it’s simple bitcoin can also be used for bad things but we need to use it for good things.
Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:01:05 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Yes! I agree to you! Bitcoin has many advantages and also disadvantages. I think the reason why many people are afraid to invest their money to the bitcoin is because they know the disadvantages about bitcoins. I have a experienced when I first introduced the bitcoin in my family, they say that the bitcoin is illegal.

s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:22:45 AM

Not all the crimes or criminalities are caused by bitcoins because there is already a crime before the invention of bitcoins.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:28:23 AM

We all know that bitcoin has advantages and disadvadtages. Behind the popularation of bitcoin, something bad always work together.
But I think the increasing of cybercrime is not all about bitcoin. I think cybercrime has growth big before bitcoin rising.
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:51:33 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Yes! I agree to you! Bitcoin has many advantages and also disadvantages. I think the reason why many people are afraid to invest their money to the bitcoin is because they know the disadvantages about bitcoins. I have a experienced when I first introduced the bitcoin in my family, they say that the bitcoin is illegal.
sadly, some use to anonymous bitcoin for crime transaction things that are hard to track. But this is the reality. some people want to double their money in bitcoins without paying taxes.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:04:38 AM

Maybe theres a criminality in bitcoin in some countries, like they pay bitcoin exchange of illegal transaction. Thats way cybercrime is increasing in some countries, but not all criminalities cause by bitcoin. Bitcoin has positive way, you can make additional income by using it
Python2.5

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:14:27 AM

There is nothing new if the criminals are using bitcoin for their illegal activities but it's just as real as all the crimes that were made before the btc appears were made with real money.
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:16:45 AM

Everything has its pros and cons. Bitcoin has helped a lot of people with the funds it is giving. But with that, there are also people who takes advantage of its anonymity and how decentralized it is. Some said that bitcoin can be used to buy illegal drugs and had it posted that he had transaction for drugs before. So this goes to show that there are also loopholes in the system. With this, I think the admin of the system must develop ways to secure the users even safekeep transactions for future reference.
prudencetoller

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:19:52 AM

Not all countries understand that Bitcoin is not an illegal currency and is always used for crime.
their limited knowledge of bitcoin makes them claim that bitcoin is a criminal currency and is always used for illegal transactions.
the rules should be established so that Bitcoin users can be watched and protected.
Money is used for crime and illegal activities but they still use money everyday. And then, they hate bitcoin just because it involves in some criminal cases. Those people do not know anything about bitcoin. They just hate to change the world and make it better. They want something traditional. They can not adapt to new technology. That is why they do not want to learn bitcoin.

First blockchain based marketplace of trading algorithms]
TRADINGENE│ JOIN NOW
ICO 4 April 2018
dettihegedus

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:30:01 AM

Bitcoin is untracable so it can protect our privacy so much, however it has been used by criminals for bad things, terrorists use bitcoin for ransoms, buying weapons and illegal drugs. That has made governments forbid bitcoin, and bring negative thoughts to people around, making them think bitcoin is bad.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:39:32 AM

Yes, bitcoin can be used as a tool by criminals for their secret activities. It can serve as another way to hide transactions between criminals and their clients because of bitcoin's great features. These can be taken granted by people with those type of mind.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:44:27 AM

Yes, bitcoin can be used as a tool by criminals for their secret activities. It can serve as another way to hide transactions between criminals and their clients because of bitcoin's great features. These can be taken granted by people with those type of mind.
That is really true and in fact, most of the people that encounter bitcoin are located in the deep web because bitcoin is being used in the black market to transact different illegal things or services and they are preferring to receive bitcoin as a payment rather than the fiat because they know that bitcoin is anonymous and it has a high security so they just prefer it rather than the fiat which is too much exposed.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:33:23 PM

Bitcoin and criminality are very closely related, since bitcoin is a very anonymous cryptocurrency so people who transact using bitcoin are hard to track, which is why bitcoin is always viewed in a negetive direction.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:39:36 PM

In my opinion, I think that bitcoin is really famous in their area and they tend to rob the company that's why those incidents happen. But here in my country we are earning bitcoins peacefully, Bitcoins here in the philippines is not very popular but we are still striving to earn more bitcoins each day and bitcoin is not affecting the crime rate in our country.
Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:18:18 PM

I am totally agree with this bitcoin has increased its criminal confidence and crime rate.  Bitcoin advantages is somehow disadvantages for the government, as bitcoin have increased their problems.  In last few years cyber crime is increased very much.  And bitcoin is giving it fire. Bitcoin has made transaction easy without involving any other. This leads to the effect that people using it in a criminal activity.   Many countries has been putting a check on bitcoin so that they could control the rate of crime taking place because of bitcoins. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: