Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:06:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 [838] 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381779 times)
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:00:03 AM

Damn, when I went to bed we were around 2400+ and when I wake up we are over 3500+, YIKES.

Hope our block number increases to offset the serious per block pay outs.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anthem

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:45:36 AM

Damn, when I went to bed we were around 2400+ and when I wake up we are over 3500+, YIKES.

Hope our block number increases to offset the serious per block pay outs.

Yeah- saw the same thing this morning. .   Was going holy crap - we went from 2.4 to 3.5 in a day or two. . .  Was thinking the entire hashing power increased pretty damn quick. . .  if its just a pool operator and temporary, will make me feel a little bit better until the next couple of difficulty jumps. .. 
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:15:02 PM

Looks like Eligius is down, and we are carrying some of their backups, now at 3568178.052 Ghash/s
yea and who else got shafted with a crap payout after mining there for 5 hrs.
I really think the scoring system needs to be relooked at. Don't care if the payouts are decent.
It's total BS when all of a sudden everyone jumps onto slush with 30 mins left on a block and everyones rewards gets cut
by a third.
The only thing anti hop about this pool is it actually hurts the miners who mine the entire block and not the actual
hoppers.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:57:44 PM

Looks like Eligius is down, and we are carrying some of their backups, now at 3568178.052 Ghash/s
I really think the scoring system needs to be relooked at. Don't care if the payouts are decent.
It's total BS when all of a sudden everyone jumps onto slush with 30 mins left on a block and everyones rewards gets cut
by a third.
The only thing anti hop about this pool is it actually hurts the miners who mine the entire block and not the actual
hoppers.

agreed

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
KNK

Activity: 692
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:10:39 PM

by a third.
hoppers.

agreed
wrong

without the additional power it wouldn't take 30 mins ... think about it this way
instead of getting same reward for 10h you get half of it for 5h

Mega Crypto Polis - www.MegaCryptoPolis.com
BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
whispy

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:55:54 PM

So you are saying that it's fair on a 10 hour block that all loyal Slushers use electricity for 10 hours and somebody jumps in 30 minutes before the block is found and gets the same reward?
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:11:49 PM

by a third.
hoppers.

agreed
wrong

without the additional power it wouldn't take 30 mins ... think about it this way
30 mins is an arbitrary number, swap it with anything you want. The real point
is it is fsked up that we can mine for start to end but someone jumps in with 50% or less of the block left and
get the same payout as the ones who have been onboard since the start.
It's score based not hashing power based or is it? If it's score based than my 10 hours of scoring should
weigh more than anyone who mined for less hrs. regardless of hashing power

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
tommymal83

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:44:37 PM

hi guys just a quick one, can anybody suggest a site where you can sell bitcoins for cash quicky
and have the price you sold at locked in...thanks as usual  Undecided Undecided

KNK

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

... think about it this way

mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:21:56 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 06:16:45 PM by mstrongbow

by a third.
hoppers.

agreed
wrong

Yes it sucks when other pools go offline and the miners have their backup pool set as Slush....it happens. With the added hashing power, Slush should solve blocks faster, making for more found blocks, in theory anyways. Times like these make me really appreciate the Slush pool...due to the smaller size of this pool, my hashrate is more effective and rewarding here than on the bigger pools.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Moria843

Activity: 442

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:28:35 PM

Why isn't the work we all perform also submitted for Namecoins as is done on other pools?

Seems like a waste.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:31:25 PM

Why isn't the work we all perform also submitted for Namecoins as is done on other pools?

Seems like a waste.

IDK but I do know this....last merged mining pool I mined with, the payouts were crap. Who cares about some measly NMC. I can trade for NMC with the extra BTC I mine here! Cheesy

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
whispy

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:36:43 PM

My point is this - On say a 12 hour block, loyal miners will pay a lot for electricity.
A pool hopper comes in within the last hour and gets the same reward for a fraction of the electricity.
I do understand that we may find the block a little quicker but loyalty is not being rewarded here.
Namnuta

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:41:08 PM

My point is this - On say a 12 hour block, loyal miners will pay a lot for electricity.
A pool hopper comes in within the last hour and gets the same reward for a fraction of the electricity.
I do understand that we may find the block a little quicker but loyalty is not being rewarded here.

It may also have been a "pool hopper" who found the block for us. I not a big fan of slushes system sometimes, but slush still has the highest payout.
Skydaddy

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:51:57 PM

If the cost of electricity is your issue, maybe you need to look at more efficient mining equipment. Without the pool hopping protection, we'd have more and more pool jumpers hoping to link in to the luck and with the knowledge that they wouldn't lose the effort they put in just prior to jumping off the site. Maybe we need to start a major union of miners who at specific times of the day would jump to a given pool so that all the networks hashing power would be on that pool causing then to find three blocks in a row in the great numerical blockchain of events, and then all simultaneoulsly jump back to our regular pools until the next pre-programmed scheduled "enmass jump". That would surely block the option of network dominance since no single pool would be able to tell when their group would have "take over rights" of the entire Bitcoin Network hashing power, but they would have it for the 5 to 10 minutes that it took to complete the 3 block jump. just hypothicating. and I'm sure I'll be shot out of the water quickly for offering the option.
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:03:49 PM

If the cost of electricity is your issue, maybe you need to look at more efficient mining equipment. Without the pool hopping protection, we'd have more and more pool jumpers hoping to link in to the luck and with the knowledge that they wouldn't lose the effort they put in just prior to jumping off the site. Maybe we need to start a major union of miners who at specific times of the day would jump to a given pool so that all the networks hashing power would be on that pool causing then to find three blocks in a row in the great numerical blockchain of events, and then all simultaneoulsly jump back to our regular pools until the next pre-programmed scheduled "enmass jump". That would surely block the option of network dominance since no single pool would be able to tell when their group would have "take over rights" of the entire Bitcoin Network hashing power, but they would have it for the 5 to 10 minutes that it took to complete the 3 block jump. just hypothicating. and I'm sure I'll be shot out of the water quickly for offering the option.

Pool operators have servers to maintain.
currently slush has about 4% or 5% of the network.
If 51% of the miners jumped in, all at the same time, Then there would be issues with server loads (similar to denial of service attacks)

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
whispy

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

There isn't a more efficient miner than 28 nm at the moment.
I just think that time spent on the block should be more important than who was mining for the last few minutes of the block.
KNK

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:15:47 PM

And my point is that a 12 hour block with ONLY loyal miners will became two 6h blocks (with half of your reward) if the pool hashrate doubles because of pool hoppers, so you will get the same amount of BTC for the same electricity used.

If you know when the round will end - use it for your advantage and jump to the pool which will find the next block ... or better yet play lottery if you can see the future, because that's the only way to know when the round will end.

Just to remind the situation a few months back - every time the pool hashrate approached 1Ph the pool luck was low and the newcomers got nothing by jumping in, so ...

It all depends on luck for a short period of time and is equal for a long period of time

macsheadroom

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Computer Service Tech

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:20:15 PM

I think a slow ramp up in reward for those joining in the middle of a block would deter hoppers and reward the loyal, kind of reverse of what we have now.

As I disconnected miners I am selling on ebay it seemed as i lost all shares from that worker for that round when the round ended. In fact as the finished block processed the worker I removed the hardware from would show the total block time and revert to actual time it was disconnected when the block finished processing.

I still would not pool anywhere else, Thank you slush.

1FQkmrwQ7yf9MKGLsAUhY2jgMT8WjepwL7
whispy

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:40:55 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 06:46:50 PM by whispy

And my point is that a 12 hour block with ONLY loyal miners will became two 6h blocks (with half of your reward) if the pool hashrate doubles because of pool hoppers, so you will get the same amount of BTC for the same electricity used.

If you know when the round will end - use it for your advantage and jump to the pool which will find the next block ... or better yet play lottery if you can see the future, because that's the only way to know when the round will end.

Just to remind the situation a few months back - every time the pool hashrate approached 1Ph the pool luck was low and the newcomers got nothing by jumping in, so ...

It all depends on luck for a short period of time and is equal for a long period of time

I never pool hop.
I am loyal to Slush which is why I am fighting our corner.
KNK - Imagine we are into a 10 hour block. Then another pool goes down and our hashrate doubles. From that point onwards we will solve the block say in one hour instead of 2. Understood.
But the loyal miners are paid the same as the hoppers. Not fair.
Pages: « 1 ... 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 [838] 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: