Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:08:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 [853] 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381779 times)
Mentalfloss

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:09:15 PM

WTF? Diff Increase 30%?
some more such increases and i have to sell my S1 Antminers Sad
damn electricity prices.

dude! haven't you seen what is still to be delivered? network hash rate will probably double by the end of summer.

I retired 18 Erupter Blades a few weeks ago and my S1's will no longer be profitable soon as well. The blades were running since September of last year and did well, the S1's covered their cost and just a little over. It makes me wonder how the guys who spent >$2,000 on terrahash units will be doing in a couple of months, do you think they'll manage to recover 50% of cost before they are fully depreciated?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
66tbird

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:29:14 PM

WTF? Diff Increase 30%?
damn electricity prices.

dude! haven't you seen what is still to be delivered? network hash rate will probably double by the end of summer.

I retired 18 Erupter Blades a few weeks ago and my S1's will no longer be profitable soon as well. The blades were running since September of last year and did well, the S1's covered their cost and just a little over. It makes me wonder how the guys who spent >$2,000 on terrahash units will be doing in a couple of months, do you think they'll manage to recover 50% of cost before they are fully depreciated?

50% if I'm lucky, and I've got free power.  IMHO the numbers went bad two jumps ago. Even an S2 upgrade to 2Th/s at < 1 BTC won't ROI. The boat done sailed on home mining as far as straight profit goes. Even the equipment flip is looking shaky to me.
rupy

Activity: 725
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:29:37 PM

I have not searched the thread, but what about 2 levels of login, I'm really tired of having to relogin about 10 times per week just to see my miner status with captcha and all!

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
kkurtmann

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 09:11:10 PM

this is why I get larger payouts. I spend most of my BTC and have never paid fees.

Can you please explain on an example, how exactly you do that?

I set my payout to 1 BTC, I use to get 4 per month now I get two. when it goes down to 1 per month I may set the threshold to .5 BTC if I don't upgrade my hardware. when I go to spend those BTC, I do so with no fees. I don't know what kind of example you are looking for.

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 09:17:31 PM

WTF? Diff Increase 30%?
damn electricity prices.

I guess I was lucky in that I prepaid for a Cointerra TMIV 1.6 TH/s back in November at the all time high, so that $6,000.00 machine only cost me just a little over 6 BTC including shipping. I received the machine at the end of March, so the machine was well paid for including the used electricity by the beginning of June with a little profit as well and it still is quite profitable consuming only $180.00 of electricity per month and netting, at the new higher diff, 1.8 BTC per month. I must be one of the lucky ones. Smiley

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
Franklin16422

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:18:38 PM

WTF? Diff Increase 30%?
damn electricity prices.

Are you looking to sell any of them? Electricity doesn't cost me a thing so I might be interested.
retrojka

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

WTF? Diff Increase 30%?
damn electricity prices.

Are you looking to sell any of them? Electricity doesn't cost me a thing so I might be interested.

I'm looking to sell my 2 s1 units and my 760GH asic mining rig
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:55:28 AM

I set my payout to 1 BTC, I use to get 4 per month now I get two. when it goes down to 1 per month I may set the threshold to .5 BTC if I don't upgrade my hardware. when I go to spend those BTC, I do so with no fees. I don't know what kind of example you are looking for.

I just wanna know, how you manage to transfer BTC, without paying fees. Lets assume I have 1 BTC, which I received from my pool with one single transaction. What do I do (beside changing transaction fee to 0 in the wallet settings), to transfer 0.5 BTC without paying a fee? Will this be confirmed? When?

These questions bother me a lot, cause the way I understood the TX fee process, is that miners choose which TX to include in their blocks. And if someone is not paying the fee, the TX might not be confirmed at all...

Thank you.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:50:11 AM

I just wanna know, how you manage to transfer BTC, without paying fees. Lets assume I have 1 BTC, which I received from my pool with one single transaction. What do I do (beside changing transaction fee to 0 in the wallet settings), to transfer 0.5 BTC without paying a fee? Will this be confirmed? When?

These questions bother me a lot, cause the way I understood the TX fee process, is that miners choose which TX to include in their blocks. And if someone is not paying the fee, the TX might not be confirmed at all...

Thank you.

When you try to send coins, you do so by picking inputs (payments you've received) which are equal to or greater than the amount you want to send.  The extra amount is sent back as change to yourself, and sometimes a piece of your inputs are used to pay a transaction fee.

The need to pay a transaction fee is based on the priority of your transaction.  This is determined by the "coin age" of your inputs.  Generally, "1 coin day" worth of age is high enough to avoid fees, as long as the transaction isn't huge.  A "coin day" would be 1 BTC with 144 confirmations, which is the target number of blocks in an average day.  If your input is 0.5 BTC, it would need 288 confirmations.  If it's 0.1 BTC, 1440 confirmations.

There's a few other caveats to a "no fee" default transaction.  These are:  All the outputs are at least 0.01 BTC and the transaction is under 1 KB in size.  Both of these are fairly easy to meet as long as your wallet isn't full of small inputs.

More detail is included here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees

Keep in mind that these are the default rules.  There's a few other things that can create delays, such as other similar "qualified free transactions" with a higher priority than yours.  By default bitcoind only allocates a specific amount (17 KB IIRC) to processing no-fee + high priority transactions.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:22:41 AM

Thank you.

When you try to send coins, you do so by picking inputs (payments you've received) which are equal to or greater than the amount you want to send.  The extra amount is sent back as change to yourself, and sometimes a piece of your inputs are used to pay a transaction fee.

The need to pay a transaction fee is based on the priority of your transaction.  This is determined by the "coin age" of your inputs.  Generally, "1 coin day" worth of age is high enough to avoid fees, as long as the transaction isn't huge.  A "coin day" would be 1 BTC with 144 confirmations, which is the target number of blocks in an average day.  If your input is 0.5 BTC, it would need 288 confirmations.  If it's 0.1 BTC, 1440 confirmations.

There's a few other caveats to a "no fee" default transaction.  These are:  All the outputs are at least 0.01 BTC and the transaction is under 1 KB in size.  Both of these are fairly easy to meet as long as your wallet isn't full of small inputs.

Keep in mind that these are the default rules.  There's a few other things that can create delays, such as other similar "qualified free transactions" with a higher priority than yours.  By default bitcoind only allocates a specific amount (17 KB IIRC) to processing no-fee + high priority transactions.

Good info to know! Thanks for posting this  Grin

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
psahx

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:24:05 AM

When you try to send coins, you do so by picking inputs (payments you've received) which are equal to or greater than the amount you want to send.  The extra amount is sent back as change to yourself, and sometimes a piece of your inputs are used to pay a transaction fee.

The need to pay a transaction fee is based on the priority of your transaction.  This is determined by the "coin age" of your inputs.  Generally, "1 coin day" worth of age is high enough to avoid fees, as long as the transaction isn't huge.  A "coin day" would be 1 BTC with 144 confirmations, which is the target number of blocks in an average day.  If your input is 0.5 BTC, it would need 288 confirmations.  If it's 0.1 BTC, 1440 confirmations.

There's a few other caveats to a "no fee" default transaction.  These are:  All the outputs are at least 0.01 BTC and the transaction is under 1 KB in size.  Both of these are fairly easy to meet as long as your wallet isn't full of small inputs.

Thank you so much!!!

It makes lot of sense now to me. Is there a wallet software, that will "show" which coins are qualifying for a fee free transaction?
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:58:28 AM

Thank you so much!!!

It makes lot of sense now to me. Is there a wallet software, that will "show" which coins are qualifying for a fee free transaction?

I'm having trouble remembering if bitcoind/bitcoin-qt prioritized older coins (high coin age) or fewest inputs (least tx size).  I don't THINK it will automatically figure out the way to make one qualify for no fee.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with 3rd party wallets to identify which ones (if any) will let you pick which inputs to use for making your transaction, or if any of them have been designed to attempt to prioritize making a transaction qualify for no-fee.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
psahx

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:16:59 AM

Thank you!
hoeslayer

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:04:25 PM

If the difficulty goes up and u have 900 gh and receive .01 as reward per block found does the reward for your work drop as the difficulty goes up?
Skydaddy

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:07:55 PM

If the difficulty goes up and u have 900 gh and receive .01 as reward per block found does the reward for your work drop as the difficulty goes up?

Correct. That is why a cryptocurrency miner must continually increase their hashrate

Please explain where my stupidity is misguided. My impression was that if the pool hashrate did not change, but the difficulty went up (due to the target number of blocks "found" occured earlier than the target time) that your "reward" per block would not change, but the number of blocks the pool would resolve would be lower due to the increased difficulty, thereby reducing your "daily reward". That being said, the reason that the Cryptocurrency miner would have to continually increase their hashrate (buy more equipment or OC their current stock) would be to increase the pool hashrate such that the number of blocks "found" by the pool would increase to the point where the "Number of blocks found" x "the reduced reward$" would equal the previously established "Daily reward", thereby maintaining the status quo. Further detailed explaination is anticipated with great eagerness!
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:19:42 PM

Correct. That is why a cryptocurrency miner must continually increase their hashrate

Please explain where my stupidity is misguided. My impression was that if the pool hashrate did not change, but the difficulty went up (due to the target number of blocks "found" occured earlier than the target time) that your "reward" per block would not change, but the number of blocks the pool would resolve would be lower due to the increased difficulty, thereby reducing your "daily reward". That being said, the reason that the Cryptocurrency miner would have to continually increase their hashrate (buy more equipment or OC their current stock) would be to increase the pool hashrate such that the number of blocks "found" by the pool would increase to the point where the "Number of blocks found" x "the reduced reward$" would equal the previously established "Daily reward", thereby maintaining the status quo. Further detailed explaination is anticipated with great eagerness!

If your hash rate stays the same but the pool hash rate goes up then - your reward per round goes down

If slush's pool hash rate remains the same but the overall network hash rate goes up - your reward remains the same but slush finds less blocks

If your hash rate, the pool hash rate and the network hash rate ALL remain the same, but difficulty goes up - your reward remains the same but slush finds less block...

donations not accepted
nottm28

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:22:40 PM

Not correct, increasing difficulty will not alter your slush reward per round - just makes blocks harder to find and hence you find them less often...

donations not accepted
RogMiner

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:29:14 PM

So as I understand it if you have say 1TH/s at the moment you should expect to receive say about .005 per block (excuse the crude figures but they are really for explanation purposes only), and if we currently gat an average of about 5 blocks a day, you earn about about .025BTC per day.

If the difficulty increases then as long as everything else stays the same you should expect about a 20% drop in revenue, this means that you will only see an average of 4 blocks a day, so now you are looking at about 0.20 btc a day.

Now what really happens is that as difficulty increases people invest in new hardware and push up their hash rates to continue to earn more than the electric costs. If you leave your has rate the same your share of the block will decrease in real terms. So what happens is that difficulty goes up and hash rate goes up leaving us still finding about 5 blocks a day but if you haven't increased your hash rate then your earnings will actually go down by 20% per block. In other words your reward per block will drop to .04 and we will still find about 5 blocks a day.

Your cloice is ever decreasing revenues until the revenue is less than the electric cost, at which point you need to retire your equipment (unless you expect BTC prices to increase dramatically), or an ever increasing spend on equipment in the hope that you can play the margins and make more than you spend.

If like me your doing it because its fun, and you hope to make your money back when BTC are worth $1,000,000 each then just keep your old kit and wait, if however this is a real money making exercise then you must increase your hash rate and keep an eye on energy prices if you want to turn a profit.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:31:18 PM

Not correct, increasing difficulty will not alter your slush reward per round - just makes blocks harder to find and hence you find them less often...

I stand corrected.  Grin

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nottm28

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:44:22 PM

So as I understand it if you have say 1TH/s at the moment you should expect to receive say about .005 per block (excuse the crude figures but they are really for explanation purposes only), and if we currently gat an average of about 5 blocks a day, you earn about about .025BTC per day.

If the difficulty increases then as long as everything else stays the same you should expect about a 20% drop in revenue, this means that you will only see an average of 4 blocks a day, so now you are looking at about 0.20 btc a day.

Now what really happens is that as difficulty increases people invest in new hardware and push up their hash rates to continue to earn more than the electric costs. If you leave your has rate the same your share of the block will decrease in real terms. So what happens is that difficulty goes up and hash rate goes up leaving us still finding about 5 blocks a day but if you haven't increased your hash rate then your earnings will actually go down by 20% per block. In other words your reward per block will drop to .04 and we will still find about 5 blocks a day.

Your cloice is ever decreasing revenues until the revenue is less than the electric cost, at which point you need to retire your equipment (unless you expect BTC prices to increase dramatically), or an ever increasing spend on equipment in the hope that you can play the margins and make more than you spend.

If like me your doing it because its fun, and you hope to make your money back when BTC are worth $1,000,000 each then just keep your old kit and wait, if however this is a real money making exercise then you must increase your hash rate and keep an eye on energy prices if you want to turn a profit.

Correct Smiley

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 ... 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 [853] 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: