Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2016, 06:38:36 AM *
News: Due to DDoS attacks, there may be periodic downtime.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: What type of pool payouts do you prefer?
Bitcoins - 3152 (80.4%)
Bank transfer / USD - 407 (10.4%)
Gold/silver coins and bars - 359 (9.2%)
Total Voters: 3916

Pages: « 1 ... 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 [885] 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 ... 1104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [40+ PH] SlushPool (slushpool.com); World's First Mining Pool  (Read 3858146 times)
bobsav2121

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:56:27 PM

Thanks for the links will check them out.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Creating a Bitcoin client that fully implements the network protocol is extremely difficult. Bitcoin-Qt is the only known safe implementation of a full node. Some other projects attempt to compete, but it is not recommended to use such software for anything serious. (Lightweight clients like Electrum and MultiBit are OK.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cdjbolton

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:07:57 PM

47%, 93%, 92%

Been mining with slush for 6 months - and to me this is the worst period of blocks found i have witnessed, Just wondering why?

I don't want to leave slush as the payouts are great, and the community is also good, but just being able to afford costs when the blocks found are dropping off.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:15:36 PM

47%, 93%, 92%

Been mining with slush for 6 months - and to me this is the worst period of blocks found i have witnessed, Just wondering why?

I don't want to leave slush as the payouts are great, and the community is also good, but just being able to afford costs when the blocks found are dropping off.

Blocks are harder to find with the recent difficulty raises...that coupled with the small hash rate Slush has...then add in the fact that there is greater than 1 Ph/s of miners that hop between Slush and other pool/s.

It is what it is yo...I will probably set my RK-Box miner to BTCGuild or Eligius once my new Garden unit arrives as I will only loose a small % of my hash rate on Slush when doing so.

Happy mining all!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
bobsav2121

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:26:54 PM

47%, 93%, 92%

I'm with you brother, it was a nice ride but something has changed.  It could be the difficulty increase but seems that Ghash wasn't affected as much if that was the case.
I think I need more regular payouts even if they are a little smaller. 
You know the old saying ? Slow and steady wins the race.
Sure the 10 block days that Slush has once in a while a great but the  Zero or almost zero days kinda cancel them out pretty quick.
I'm going to give Slush till the end of the week and if this long block business doesnt improve I'm afraid I'll have to go back to Ghash.
Did a quick calculation and I've already lost 85.00 this week alone by being here as opposed to Ghash.
Anyone else in the same boat ?

Bob
Moria843

Activity: 383

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:49:43 PM

Something I don't understand.

We just had a block that took 29.5 hours.
Then we had a block that took 33 minutes.
I only got paid 13 cents more for the block that took 29 hours ?

The little voice in my head is confused.
Could someone give me the short and dirty explanation ?

bob

You get paid for each block found; time to find a block is irrelevant; found quickly or not is based on luck.
What you get paid for each block found is based (mostly) on the shares your miners contributed (how lucky they were)
On slush, reward also based on when you were mining the block if you weren't along for the whole ride (if you lose power and miners go down at beginning of round vs. going down at end of round you're luckier than vice-versa and your shares gained don't shrivel away)
So it depends on luck and luck and luck.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
bobsav2121

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:02:56 PM

bob

You get paid for each block found; time to find a block is irrelevant; found quickly or not is based on luck.
What you get paid for each block found is based (mostly) on the shares your miners contributed (how lucky they were)
On slush, reward also based on when you were mining the block if you weren't along for the whole ride (if you lose power and miners go down at beginning of round vs. going down at end of round you're luckier than vice-versa and your shares gained don't shrivel away)

Well if that's the case then GHASH must have a horseshoe up their rear.  They keep plugging along at a steady pace and we are floundering.
kcal63

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:05:32 PM

Blocks are harder to find with the recent difficulty raises...that coupled with the small hash rate Slush has...then add in the fact that there is greater than 1 Ph/s of miners that hop between Slush and other pool/s.

It is what it is yo...I will probably set my RK-Box miner to BTCGuild or Eligius once my new Garden unit arrives as I will only loose a small % of my hash rate on Slush when doing so.

Happy mining all!

Hey you ordered at BTC too! I however, plan to leave my RK on Slush and add my BTC VM-2 to SLush as well while movingmy R-boxes over to BTCGuild.
(BTW have my RK running very nicely now (hanging by chains from a wire rack with fans on all four outside blade heatsinks averaging temps of 39 C under full load at 350 freq and getting a steady 522 Gh/s wiht 8.6% errors). Smiley

Now if my Dragon miner would just arrive soon ...
Moria843

Activity: 383

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:15:16 PM

bob

Well if that's the case then GHASH must have a horseshoe up their rear.  They keep plugging along at a steady pace and we are floundering.

What I meant by the first point is relative to pool hash rate but still true. Where round rates vary less on GHash (from seconds to hours) it's still based on luck. They hit the jackpot more because they bought more "lottery tickets" or have more pool hashing power (but how quickly still based on luck). Then of course each share is worth a lot less. But, at least you don't get penalized for dropping out during a round by your earned shares shriveling up.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
bobsav2121

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:35:22 PM

bob

What I meant by the first point is relative to pool hash rate but still true. Where round rates vary less on GHash (from seconds to hours) it's still based on luck. They hit the jackpot more because they bought more "lottery tickets" or have more pool hashing power (but how quickly still based on luck). Then of course each share is worth a lot less. But, at least you don't get penalized for dropping out during a round by your earned shares shriveling up.

I still dont quite understand what luck has to do with it , but whatever.
Yeah I have noticed the Slush hash rate varying quite a bit lately. People jumping to other sites when the blocks aren't coming, then coming back for whatever reason.
CEX 's rate seems to do nothing but climb, except for that incident a month or so ago when they announced they would keep their total rate under 39 % or something.
I know in the back of my head that it will PROBABLY even out in the long run, but the finish line is in sight as far as I'm concerned.
I dont think most miners will have the "time" they need.
With the soon to be skyrocketing difficulty people are going to find themselves at a negative ROI by Jan-Feb 2015.
So unless you have the latest power saving equipment or BTC price jumps dramatically ( which I don't think is going to happen ) I'm afraid a lot of people will find themselves stuck.
My self included, that's why I need the "steady" payout instead of hoping for the moon.

Bob
iTzCorky

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:37:49 PM

well I will give slush another 12 hours to find this block if not im gone somewhere else.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:42:30 PM

well I will give slush another 12 hours to find this block if not im gone somewhere else.

Start with slush, all seems great when the luck is good, hit a few long blocks for a week or so, jump ship to ghash, get bored of the "consistency", come back to slush and ride the up down  wave - at least it's not boring...

donations not accepted
bobsav2121

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:52:04 PM

Start with slush, all seems great when the luck is good, hit a few long blocks for a week or so, jump ship to ghash, get bored of the "consistency", come back to slush and ride the up down  wave - at least it's not boring...

The point a lot people are missing is the clock it ticking.. Do you really think this " mining " is going to last more than 1 year or so before it becomes a losing enterprise for most people unless you have the latest and greatest hardware, an even then the payouts will be less and less.
In the near future when all the "BTC" have been mined and there are no more " rewards" for mining, what then ?

All BTC will "mined" within 5 years maybe less, then no more " block" rewards.
The point I'm making is to  " make hay while the sun shines ". We dont have time to hang around waiting for things to " straighten out ".

Bob
KNK

Activity: 614

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:00:56 PM

In the near future when all the "BTC" have been mined and there are no more " rewards" for mining, what then ?
None of us will be alive in 2140 when that will happen.

All BTC will "mined" within 5 years maybe less, then now more " block" rewards.
Wrong - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

The point I'm making is to  " make hay while the sun shines ". We dont have time to hang around waiting for things to " straighten out ".
"PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan"

BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
nottm28

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:01:55 PM

Start with slush, all seems great when the luck is good, hit a few long blocks for a week or so, jump ship to ghash, get bored of the "consistency", come back to slush and ride the up down  wave - at least it's not boring...

The point a lot people are missing is the clock it ticking.. Do you really think this " mining " is going to last more than 1 year or so before it becomes a losing enterprise for most people unless you have the latest and greatest hardware, an even then the payouts will be less and less.

The point I'm making is to  " make hay while the sun shines ". We dont have time to hang around waiting for things to " straighten out ".

Bob

Sigh - bitcoin wont be "all mined" in 5 years - you are looking at about 100 years away - current estimate is between 2110 and 2140.

Yes you will need to continually upgrade your hardware if everyone else is doing the same.

I've seen thousands of people like you pass through here with their pearls of wisdom. Read some stuff and find some stuff out. Stop blurting the first thing that comes into your head.

Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

donations not accepted
bobsav2121

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:19:01 PM

Bob

Sigh - bitcoin wont be "all mined" in 5 years - you are looking at about 100 years away - current estimate is between 2110 and 2140.

Yes you will need to continually upgrade your hardware if everyone else is doing the same.

I've seen thousands of people like you pass through here with their pearls of wisdom. Read some stuff and find some stuff out. Stop blurting the first thing that comes into your head.

Sorry!
I guess I'm not as friggin smart  as you.
Have a nice day
nottm28

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:20:23 PM

Bob

Sorry!
I guess I'm not as friggin smart  as you.
Have a nice day

I can read if that's what you mean...

donations not accepted
Weed Stuff

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

interested what pool you use  ? i still understand about this . this like cloud mining ?
nottm28

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:18:16 PM

interested what pool you use  ? i still understand about this . this like cloud mining ?

I use slush (this is the slush pool thread but not all people who post here mine here). There's a lot to understand when you first start but there are some good articles for newbies here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0

donations not accepted
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:21:46 PM

Um, this is Slush's Pool thread. So let's assume that most people posting here are using Slush.  Wink

And no, this is nothing like cloud mining. You need hardware to pool mine.
bozo333

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

F... Slush!!!

Cursing won't help...

I do not won't to stick around until I just pay the electric company. Now divided between Ghash, BTCGuild and Slush (just token mining).
But BTCGuild has pretty awful bad luck streaks also. Makes me wonder if there may be other stuff going on as well.

We are not in a business run by saints nor the altruistic.

Anybody that can throw in 2cents worth about P2Pool mining?
Pages: « 1 ... 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 [885] 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 ... 1104 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.