Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:49:27 PM

I have some good news: I will be working on Zerocoin full time at least until October 1, and possibly after. Since I started this, I have been working on ZC part time, which meant very slow progress. Also, I underestimated the size of the project, so deadlines got pushed back. Estimating the time to finish a software project is hard in any case, so that partly explains the uncertainty.  I am reluctant to give another deadline, but I know you all are clamoring for trustless anonymous money, so in 2 weeks, I'll give an accurate estimate of when I'm done. I will also give regular updates on my progress (every few days or so). One thing is for certain: this will go much faster now! Cheesy

Also, we have experienced some blockchain "turbulence" recently. I am working with Meeh and K1773R to address this and make sure that blocks come in regularly and that the network is more resistent to all sorts of attacks.

Lastly, I wanted to give an update on the UFO project: it is ongoing and will finish on September 15, when ANC rewards will be issued and the server source will be published to our Github. The largest factor found so far is 143551628346878317311308640667091515671003679, which is 45 digits (147 bits).  For some perspective, the world record for factors found using this method is 78 digits (though for all we know, the NSA/GCHQ/$spook_agency have factored larger ones...). I'd like to thank all the participants for contributing their CPU core-months (core-years, in some cases) to this project -- this effort was essential for creating a trustless Zerocoin implementation using RSA UFOs.

Hello gnosis,

can you give us some info about progress?

Gracias

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmokingSkull

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:40:16 PM

Do not worry,  we are just lazy to respond or go on twitter..
The thing is that we know ANC will be on bunch of exchanges very soon, with ZC release.

Everybody is watching you, so keep good work with promotion!

I'm not too euphoric, made my bad experiences with Crypto ... sadly -,-

Agreed, Info on ZC might be nice @gnosis x : )

Most Coins are Shitcoins
entertheabyss

Activity: 602

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:12:14 PM

I'm making progress on the DarkNet exchange. No date for competion yet (don't want to disappoint) but i hope to provide the community a secure, anonymous, no js, trading experience.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
drAGon925

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:35:31 PM

If this address is rising day by day, must be something behind the scenes what he know  Huh

https://coinplorer.com/ANC/Addresses/ATep63upG6ZXQs5Dvzsnzu7CY24QCEAWh7

Wink
drAGon925

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:39:36 PM

Agreed, Info on ZC might be nice @gnosis x : )

I think he don't know how to express himself and not to pump price before he gets paycheck from dayjob

Grin Grin

+

EDIT:   what is with that 0.000420 buys in history , msg from meeh??  Cheesy

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/66

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:58:25 AM

dev, any schedule or plan about ANC launch the Zerocoin function?

thanks.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 11:42:25 AM

If you read back in the thread you will read that the RSA UFO generation will end around September the 15th.  And that it was also stated that around then an announcement on the progress of the overall implementation of the ZC protocol will be announced.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 03:47:49 PM

Zerocoin update!
First of all, I wanted to clear up any confusion with respect to Matthew Green and the other Zerocoin project members.   The "new" Zerocoin, called "Zerocash", is based on completely different cryptography than the "old" Zerocoin (I will be implementing the old one).  The Zerocoin project has essentially abandoned their previous idea in favor of Zerocash, and expect to release both the paper and the coin in late May.

We are very grateful for the excellent work of the Zerocoin people in developing the original Zerocoin, however they have apparently chosen to ignore our communications, for unknown reasons.  Fortunately, I have the knowledge needed to implement this without their help.  Cheesy

It is reasonable to ask why we are working on implementing the old Zerocoin when the cryptographers responsible for it are working on their own alt-coin implementing a new idea.  There are two reasons: 1) there is no way of knowing for sure that this new Zerocash coin will be released on time, or will work correctly, and there is strong demand for a truly anonymous crypto-currency ASAP; and 2) the new Zerocash may be fatally dependent on a trustworthy party for setting up the initial parameters, as is suggested by my readings about zkSNARKs.  It is an incredible stroke of luck that a workaround exists to this problem for the old Zerocoin (so-called "RSA UFOs", which I am working on at present), and it is likely that no workaround exists for Zerocash.

I've heard this is not technically possible to start Zerocoin in a trustless manner and this is why Matthew Green and members abandoned the first Zercoin project.

Are you just trolling or did you not even Google your username -

When a zerocoin is minted, the coin is added as a member to the set of all zerocoins by way of a one-way cryptographic accumulator. In order to prove later that a given zerocoin belongs to this set, during the initial setup of the accumulator, it is necessary to define a number N that is the product of two prime numbers P and Q. If the prime numbers are large enough, it would be infeasible for any party to factor N to obtain knowledge of P and Q. However, if the party who setup the accumulator were to know these prime factors, then this party would be able to bypass the security of the system and forge zerocoin membership proofs. Anoncoin solves this setup problem by using RSA UFOs (generalized RSA moduli of unknown complete factorization) for the number N, which can be generated in a trustless manner.

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

Zerocoin update!
First of all, I wanted to clear up any confusion with respect to Matthew Green and the other Zerocoin project members.   The "new" Zerocoin, called "Zerocash", is based on completely different cryptography than the "old" Zerocoin (I will be implementing the old one).  The Zerocoin project has essentially abandoned their previous idea in favor of Zerocash, and expect to release both the paper and the coin in late May.

We are very grateful for the excellent work of the Zerocoin people in developing the original Zerocoin, however they have apparently chosen to ignore our communications, for unknown reasons.  Fortunately, I have the knowledge needed to implement this without their help.  Cheesy

It is reasonable to ask why we are working on implementing the old Zerocoin when the cryptographers responsible for it are working on their own alt-coin implementing a new idea.  There are two reasons: 1) there is no way of knowing for sure that this new Zerocash coin will be released on time, or will work correctly, and there is strong demand for a truly anonymous crypto-currency ASAP; and 2) the new Zerocash may be fatally dependent on a trustworthy party for setting up the initial parameters, as is suggested by my readings about zkSNARKs.  It is an incredible stroke of luck that a workaround exists to this problem for the old Zerocoin (so-called "RSA UFOs", which I am working on at present), and it is likely that no workaround exists for Zerocash.

I've heard this is not technically possible to start Zerocoin in a trustless manner and this is why Matthew Green and members abandoned the first Zercoin project.

When a zerocoin is minted, the coin is added as a member to the set of all zerocoins by way of a one-way cryptographic accumulator. In order to prove later that a given zerocoin belongs to this set, during the initial setup of the accumulator, it is necessary to define a number N that is the product of two prime numbers P and Q. If the prime numbers are large enough, it would be infeasible for any party to factor N to obtain knowledge of P and Q. However, if the party who setup the accumulator were to know these prime factors, then this party would be able to bypass the security of the system and forge zerocoin membership proofs. Anoncoin solves this setup problem by using RSA UFOs (generalized RSA moduli of unknown complete factorization) for the number N, which can be generated in a trustless manner.

Yes he is. Only accusations with no real argument/proof.
I wonder how such ppl can look in the mirror in the morning...

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
SmokingSkull

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:17:26 PM

A article on the different technologies being used by certain coins might be nice on the wiki...
ANC vs DRK, Cloak, Monero ... once ZC is done ofc.

So people can have a look and decide which coin to choose for anonymity.

Most Coins are Shitcoins
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:57:02 PM

A article on the different technologies being used by certain coins might be nice on the wiki...
ANC vs DRK, Cloak, Monero ... once ZC is done ofc.

So people can have a look and decide which coin to choose for anonymity.

maybe a knowlegable person in this field can come up with the table listing coins on the left and features on top - ticking appropriate boxes. could be very helpful.
getagrip

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:06:30 PM

Zerocoin update!

Yes he is. Only accusations with no real argument/proof.
I wonder how such ppl can look in the mirror in the morning...

If the zerocoin algo, or its security, rely on the infeasibilty of factoring N to get primes P and Q then basically you are giving a shelflife to zerocoin. You are saying at some point in the future all previous transactions will be decrypted.

Considering the nature of math, of primes and so on, the algo is not likely to last long. Considering further the possibility that there may be entities with access to extremely high computing power i.e., supercomputers, it is a blind guess whether the algo will even be trustable the very day it is released.

This is no secret. The implementation of zerocoin into anc is either a deliberate scam or some sort of attempt to discredit it.
SmokingSkull

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:20:19 PM

If the zerocoin algo, or its security, rely on the infeasibilty of factoring N to get primes P and Q then basically you are giving a shelflife to zerocoin. You are saying at some point in the future all previous transactions will be decrypted.

Considering the nature of math, of primes and so on, the algo is not likely to last long. Considering further the possibility that there may be entities with access to extremely high computing power i.e., supercomputers, it is a blind guess whether the algo will even be trustable the very day it is released.

This is no secret. The implementation of zerocoin into anc is either a deliberate scam or some sort of attempt to discredit it.

Hm, either new people really register and then post on this topic, or its all trolls with new accounts.
I like to remind you that the generation of private keys for Bitcoin and all other Coins also has limits (and If you use supercomputer to generate blablabla)
If you think that the "algo is not likely to last long" then you should not even be in CryptoCurrency at all due to the minor chance of stolen Coins.

Imagine that... cryptography has its limits. - Oh my god mind blown - Cryptography 101?

Most Coins are Shitcoins
Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:23:28 PM

I'm currently making good progress on Zerocoin. I'm almost finished with adding RSA UFO support to the library, and then I can move onto other aspects of it, such as storage of zerocoins in wallets. I'll give an update on Saturday, September 13 about when I expect Zerocoin to be code complete. If no major problems are discovered, it won't be long before a hard fork where we actually add ZC support to Anoncoin and you all can start using minting and spending zerocoins. Smiley

When I started this project, I wanted to be completely transparent, and so all the commits were done in a public Github repository. Well, now I think that was a naive decision, since there is a lot of copying of features between coins. Therefore, I will release commits to the public on a 2 week lagging schedule. Since the first private commits were on September 3, you'll see those commits on Github on September 17 (8 days from now). They will be in the "zc" branch of our repo: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/zc

I think this is a good balance between transparency and business sense. It's not good to go to the extreme that Darkcoin went to, where they kept their DarkSend feature closed-source long after production software was released.

Also, see my last update, if you missed it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg8599297#msg8599297

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
SmokingSkull

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:31:54 PM

I'm currently making good progress on Zerocoin. I'm almost finished with adding RSA UFO support to the library, and then I can move onto other aspects of it, such as storage of zerocoins in wallets. I'll give an update on Saturday, September 13 about when I expect Zerocoin to be code complete. If no major problems are discovered, it won't be long before a hard fork where we actually add ZC support to Anoncoin and you all can start using minting and spending zerocoins. Smiley

When I started this project, I wanted to be completely transparent, and so all the commits were done in a public Github repository. Well, now I think that was a naive decision, since there is a lot of copying of features between coins. Therefore, I will release commits to the public on a 2 week lagging schedule. Since the first private commits were on September 3, you'll see those commits on Github on September 17 (8 days from now). They will be in the "zc" branch of our repo: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/zc

I think this is a good balance between transparency and business sense. It's not good to go to the extreme that Darkcoin went to, where they kept their DarkSend feature closed-source long after production software was released.

Also, see my last update, if you missed it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg8599297#msg8599297

Kiss my hero.
Keep on going Gnosis! and tell us if you need anything!

A Monster or RedBull through Colouredcoins maybe? Grin hehe.

Most Coins are Shitcoins
Gnosis-

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:59:28 PM

[...]

First of all, I am reluctant to reply to you since this is your first post and your account was registered 9 minutes before the post, therefore you are likely to be a troll.

These points should be addressed though. Zerocoin is founded on the assumption that the factorization and discrete logarithm problems are hard, and the rest is provably secure cryptography.  The anonymity part does not depend on these assumptions: it is provably secure. The anti-forgery part of Zerocoin has a long shelf life: probably decades. This is plenty of time to find something better. There's no risk of de-anonymizing old transactions in the future, if I implement the algorithms correctly, which I will verify thoroughly before declaring ZC is safe to use for real world anonymity needs.

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
Gnosis-

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:08:30 PM

Kiss my hero.
Keep on going Gnosis! and tell us if you need anything!

A Monster or RedBull through Colouredcoins maybe? Grin hehe.

Hah, thanks. I would like 1 redbullcoin plz Smiley

SmokingSkull

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

Blockchain stuck again.

It really feels like it always gets stuck when I wanna load Coins onto my wallet.  Angry Angry Angry

Most Coins are Shitcoins
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

Fun part, I hired Gnosis away from ZC for 1BTC for about 3hours (Yes, he is so dedicated that I had to do that Tongue ), so blame me for a 3h later release Wink  But if my math is correct it might been worth it.

lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:50:59 AM

This is just to let everyone know that I have been having problems mining Anoncoin with FushionHash. I can only recommend that everyone avoid dealing with them.

In short:

1. Even though there are active miners (according to their web site), they haven't found a block in several weeks, and the last one they found has not yet been confirmed.

2. I tried to cash out my (small) balance, but after several weeks, they have not yet processes this.

3. I have sent multiple emails to them, and I have gotten no response.

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: