Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:38:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tenthirtyone

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:31:47 AM

Went to check the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YObFwGq7KPE

User Removed?

Got the coinzen.org domain tonight and changed the DNS settings. It should be propagating.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 07:37:49 AM

we will be adding this in the future. Within 2 weeks.

If you are emailing coin.mx please be sure to mention that you heard they have plans to incorporate devcoin into their site and that you are looking forward to this, and grateful for their acknowledgement of the currency.

Thank you.
[/quote]

Done.
[/quote]

I made an account with them and clicked on their live chat to ask someone directly. The person who answered me was named Vinny K and he had the title of help desk manager. I asked him if they had plans to incorporate Devcoins into their trading platform in the near future. His answer was "not anytime in the near future." I guess different workers are giving out different information.

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:47:15 AM

If you are emailing coin.mx please be sure to mention that you heard they have plans to incorporate devcoin into their site and that you are looking forward to this, and grateful for their acknowledgement of the currency.

Thank you.

Done.

I made an account with them and clicked on their live chat to ask someone directly. The person who answered me was named Vinny K and he had the title of help desk manager. I asked him if they had plans to incorporate Devcoins into their trading platform in the near future. His answer was "not anytime in the near future." I guess different workers are giving out different information.

Bittzy78

For what it's worth, here's what they told me via email:

"Thanks for the feedback (name)! Noted. We will also be adding Peercoin, Feathercoin, and dogecoin as well in the upcoming weeks!"

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 08:04:52 AM

Thank you.

Done.

Bittzy78

For what it's worth, here's what they told me via email:

"Thanks for the feedback (name)! Noted. We will also be adding Peercoin, Feathercoin, and dogecoin as well in the upcoming weeks!"

Yep, I guess different employees are giving out different information. We will have to wait and see if they are going to add new coins to their platform in the next couple of weeks. I hope so because if you look at the bottom after you log in, they have over 50,000 members.

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:56:08 AM

Ok, I have an odd request. Is it possible to change my username on Devtome?

The best person to probably ask is the admin who originally signed you up.
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:34:45 AM

The best person to probably ask is the admin who originally signed you up.

Thanks Hunterbunter, unthinkingbit sorted it for me  Smiley

kalgecin

Activity: 819

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:02:37 PM

Can anyone explain this mystery?
Code:
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$ file ./devcoind 
./devcoind: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=0xf1d1a8646650bc001c053dac07244e39f36f5bf3, not stripped
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$ ./devcoind
bash: ./devcoind: No such file or directory
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$ ls -lh ./devcoind
-rwxrwxr-x 1 coinflip coinflip 46M Jan  6 21:41 ./devcoind
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:22:09 PM

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to announce that v2 of the redesigned devcoin.org is now live:

http://devcoin.org

Thanks for your great work, you get the final payment of another 36 shares.

Thanks Unthinkingbit, I really enjoyed working on it. I would definitely like to stay around as the Web Admin for devcoin.org, making updates as needed. Also, maybe there are some entirely new Devcoin-related web site projects that I could help with? I read about the forum requirements that tenthirtyone is working on but I'm not really a backend coder - if there is any front end design work or writing that needs to be done for the forum I'd be happy to help.

The site looks great.

Here's a little preview of the android wallet: the exchange rates are working.

We will need translations for both the qt-client and android... I just did the english translations but there are i think 10-15 languages we will need to translate.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/devcoinj/exchangerates.png/download

Sidhujag,

Where is the preview of the android wallet ? the link you give (https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/devcoinj/exchangerates.png/download) is only an png image not an application !
http://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/devcoinj/bitcoinj-tools-0.10.3.jar/download link seems only a tool to handle and print wallet.
Could you tell us where is the code ? I have been searching in https://github.com/sidhujag/devcoin on github but I didn't find any wallet source code  Huh
I didn't see any commit since the 3 January 2014 ...

I am volonteer for the french language translation Smiley

I  am adding merged mining suport to bitcoinj and so far just deaking with the parsing the headers. I will upload src I need soneone to see if they can help with the proof of work check for merged mine blocks.. the rules arent clear because the merged mine spec in wikipedia doesnt mention what devcoin is doing in auxpow::check()
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:25:08 PM

Code:
./devcoind: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=0xf1d1a8646650bc001c053dac07244e39f36f5bf3, not stripped

Presumably the file it cannot find is not the executable itself but some file the executable is looking for.

For example do you have your receiver files in place in the receiver subdir of your data directory?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:28:20 PM

Back to the physical coins issue again.

Can anyone point out a metal printer for less than 2k USD? I saw the Indiegogo gig, but it's ended and I'm not sure how fine the edges would turn out. I've dealt with metal clay and would rather just deal with a metal printer that doesn't shrink or require secondary hardening. I'm also looking for good tolerances to avoid those mm "bitmap" looking edges. This would also help avoid the breaking and design of dies.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

Hey all,

I have been round a little while now, but I would like to apply to be added to the bitcoin receiver list for open source development please.  I am not sure if there is a restriction on being on the list and being an admin for devtome already so I appologise if this is the case and will withdraw my application if that is the case.

I have been working on a number of open source projects for a number of years now and some have done better than others, but I would confidently say that I spend at least 20+ hours a week working on open source projects.  Of late they have been peercoin services that I have set up or modified.  Here are some links to projects

http://blockexplorer.peercointalk.org/ - Peercoin Block explorer - Source code https://github.com/FuzzyBearBTC/PeercoinBlockExplorer
http://wallet.peercointalk.org/ - Peercoin wallets - Source code https://github.com/FuzzyBearBTC/bitaddress.ppc

I am working on a mining pool, localpeercoins.org exchange site, peercoin faucet and many other similar related services all which will be or are open source already under my github username.

I run devcointalk and peercointalk as well the open source forum SMF and am looking to try and produce a few mods for the SMF forums specifically for crypto-currencies in general.

If I qualify for the shares list great Smiley if not please let me know why and what I would need to do to get on the list.

Many thanks
Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:34:32 PM

Collecting bounty for:

36 shares for a price ticker in a forum.

I made an SMF mod to do just this. Demo can be seen here:

162.243.37.115 (Just a vanilla vps, I wasn't going to grab a domain for a demo)

I've submitted the mod to SMF since I'll be building it out for other coins in the future. I guess it takes some time for them to approve it so I uploaded a copy of the mod to dropbox too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/591u0hd7sqgaa4g/dvcticker.tar.gz
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3819

It updates every 5 seconds and is linked to crypto-trade.com's devcoin section.

Also I'm looking to get on the marketing share list. I put a banner on the main page of dvcticker.info and the chart subpages. I PM'd the person mentioned on devtome but haven't heard anything back.
Is there still a bounty for a price ticker displayed on a forum as I had one that was on devcointalk.org from vircurex but that seems to have errored on the ticker, but I could add another one if there is a price ticker available?
Fuzzybear

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:38:52 PM

Code:

Yeah, maybe missing receivers it looks like, sound correct markm?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
tagbond

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:20:49 PM

Just thought to let Devcoin owners know that tagcash.com is now live for trading of Devcoin against multiple other coins, as well as 9 fiat currencies. No transaction charges.

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 05:30:29 PM

Just thought to let Devcoin owners know that tagcash.com is now live for trading of Devcoin against multiple other coins, as well as 9 fiat currencies. No transaction charges.

hm, this is one of those sites where you just see a login screen with no additional information whatsoever.

Hey, I would have liked to find out what's that all about and how it can help devcoin, but now I am not going to.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:40:43 PM

He Fuzzybear, great to see you here and thanks for all you did for PPC in the past.

tagbond

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:46:13 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 10:15:53 AM by tagbond

@georgem - If you want to see more info then you can also register and login via tagcash.com as well. By tomorrow there will more data on the front page of tagcash.com - You can also check out who we are and who I am if you have any doubts as to the veracity of the company, or you can simply wait for a few days for it to flesh out with more info.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 07:02:01 PM

He Fuzzybear, great to see you here and thanks for all you did for PPC in the past.
Smiley thank you ... Its comments like this that make my day and keep my motivation high so thank you Smiley

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:14:55 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 05:55:25 AM by Hunterbunter

I have been round a little while now, but I would like to apply to be added to the bitcoin receiver list for open source development please.  I am not sure if there is a restriction on being on the list and being an admin for devtome already so I appologise if this is the case and will withdraw my application if that is the case.

Heya, sent you a pm.

Anyone else who believe they fit the criteria of the lists can feel free to send me a pm. If you work 10+ hours a week on cryptocurrency or general open source stuff and plan on continuing that, you are most likely eligible. Full details here: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_developing
silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 10:57:25 PM

Thank you for your feedback, at the moment this is just an idea to help raise awareness of devcoin as no mobile network accepts cryptocurrency for pay as you go phone credit. also not just young people, but many that use pay as you go do do because they do not have access to a banking account to set up a contract with a provider. any of these people can set up a crypto account and those that have one already would find phone credit a usefull product to spend there coin on . just saying you can now top up your phone on any uk network using devcoin should get some attention. even if the site accepts other currencys also. to prevent copycats doing a better job and stealing the idea i have made a demo website that charges no fees or commision. juas accepting tips if you like the service just to see if there is any interest in the idea. buying airtime at a discount later could make it profitable and then switch to only accepting devcoin when there are some funds in the account and it is a little more known . any help or feedback is much appreciated. jasont   wwwcryptocredit.co.uk  and cryptocreditphones.com
Concept looks good to me. You may want to look at coinpayments.net as it's a checkout system a few devcoin ecommerce sites are already using and may make like easier for you? Alternatively it might add control-loss and delay factors for you, so it's a balancing act. I hadn't really considered the bigger picture inclusion aspect you refer to - those that aren't banked etc.
This is not to question the idea as I think it's a great one, just throwing thoughts at you.
One thought; how does someone without a bank account acquire crypto right now? Things are likely to change over time but if a significant proportion of the target group are the 'unbanked' or youngsters, not sure about the pragmatics of the potentially more vulnerable swapping cash for crypto in person. So - devcoin 'earners' aside - there might be a bit of an access loop to solve without becoming a money changer yourself (and you and I know just how flexible our gov is on cryptos to date). Maybe effecting a sort of swap - where somehow cash is switched for something else, then that something else is switched for crypto. I have to think about it more, I'm sure there are ways to do it if you don't already have one.
thanks for the heads up regards coin payments, been checking that out and seems like it requires a lot more information when placing an order as well as incurring fees both of which i am trying to avoid to keep buying a top up with as little clicks as possible . yes it is a balancing act with prices being so volatile and the reason why there is not a price listed in cryptocurrency for set price phone credit vouchers. it is up to the purchaser to enter enough currency to cover the purchase at that moment in time  and then hedge that currency as soon as it arrives.
these guys seem to have worked out how to trade the differences on exchanges automaticly on a particular currency. bitcoin for example has a different price depending on what exchange it is selling from in the world . they are listed here https://cryptostocks.com/securities/74
on ebay i constantly see top up vouchers going at a discount. how they do it i dont know but this is where i buy so there is a pound or so profit to be made selling these on for devcoin which covert to bitcoin then back to cash to do it again . this process is only going to attact more users of devcoin especialy if an airtime account was set up with a provider where you could buy more at wholesale prices. my aim is to sell ten pound credit vouchers for nine pounds when using devcoin. also preloaded sim cards when bought through a provider at a discount generates commisions every time that simcard it toped up again from any source. i am sure there is a devcoin oppertunity here somehow. also i think there is a system for those without a bank to recive money on a cell phone number even though they do not have a bank account.barclays pingit comes to mind but not sure how that works yet. lotof activity with that on bitbargain.co.uk  

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: