Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:58:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:25:03 AM

Hi, yesterday something very strange happened to me. I send dvc coins from my wallet to cryptsy, now 10 hours later, after 50 confirmations the coins still didn't arrive. Just before I send the coins I had a message;" there is some pc with the same ip-address at your network". I thought maybe is one of my other pc's.
Is there anyone who understands was is going on?

Thanks for helping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:37:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear about that.
Other Devcoiners have reported the same problem - I'm 90% sure it's Devtome and I'm also 90% sure it is because someone was spamming FB. FB are ruthless with "spam" and it may take a long time for the link to be removed as spam.
We need to find a good URL redirection / cloaking service to share Devtome links on FB!

I ended up posting a png of the addresses, seems that is ok, but until I use my messenger I cant check it in there

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:46:15 AM

Hi, yesterday something very strange happened to me. I send dvc coins from my wallet to cryptsy, now 10 hours later, after 50 confirmations the coins still didn't arrive. Just before I send the coins I had a message;" there is some pc with the same ip-address at your network". I thought maybe is one of my other pc's.

Thanks for helping.
It's cryptsy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg4443557#msg4443557
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg4450309#msg4450309
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

Thanks for helping.
It's cryptsy

Thanks for the links
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:47:13 PM

Devtome

1) We've been trying to leave new articles on front page for at least a week to give time for visibility. Submissions are growing so that may have to be reduced. It's not personal and done solely on basis of addition date.

2) Non-fiction articles need references. A lot of recent writing in particular is just opinion with little to no background ref. That doesn't work for factual claims, information or book reviews. Referencing, links and formatting account for a significant proportion of ratings, so even if you can't be bothered to source and reference it will be reflected in earnings and therefore mostly your loss. (i.e. a rubbish rating today will take a long time to correct later due to averaging, so the earlier corrections are made the better for the writer).
Papacrusher

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:23:31 PM

Devtome

1) We've been trying to leave new articles on front page for at least a week to give time for visibility. Submissions are growing so that may have to be reduced. It's not personal and done solely on basis of addition date.

2) Non-fiction articles need references. A lot of recent writing in particular is just opinion with little to no background ref. That doesn't work for factual claims, information or book reviews. Referencing, links and formatting account for a significant proportion of ratings, so even if you can't be bothered to source and reference it will be reflected in earnings and therefore mostly your loss. (i.e. a rubbish rating today will take a long time to correct later due to averaging, so the earlier corrections are made the better for the writer).

2)  This was becoming a concern for me as well.  It is imperative to reference factually based claims to differentiate between opinion and fact.  It also goes a long way in legitimizing devtome as a whole.

I am in the habit of having a reference section at the bottom of my factual articles and I was wondering if that was the preferred method or do the admins have a different way they want articles reference.  I have no problem altering my writing style to fit the needs of the community.  Thanks for any guidance with this.

Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:56:41 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 02:07:46 PM by Bittzy78

I'm now offering 1000 / 1500 DVC to each person who votes to add DVC / BTC to Cryptsy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408884

EDIT: if anyone wants to donate DVC to help keep this alive (or so I can increase the reward - I want 1000 people voting for it on Cryptsy) 1M8A5WqBuQYU8yBfWeEp9jZTMzCfHxv5Bg

FWIW, Cryptsy used to do DVC/BTC. Now they do XPM/BTC and LTC/BTC. I'm not sure why they removed the BTC link though.

I just tried Crypsy for the first time today and haven't been very impressed so far....

My intital deposit of just a few thousand Devcoins took a few hours to show up in my acccount.

When I was attempting to enter some trades, some of them would show up immediately and others would not.

However, I guess that I am going to stick around because of the closeness of the DVC/LTC trading pairs compared to other sites.

Bittzy78

Yes Cryptsy has issues - but the trade volume there is huge and having DVC / BTC trading there will only strengthen Devcoin.

They are working hard to fix these issues too - and you will always get your coins eventually.

I can only imagine the sheer volume of angry emails they must get with users demanding action on their missing coins. It seems like it would be easier to fix the bug that keeps incoming deposits from showing up than dealing with the angry customers.

I've made another deposit to my Crypsy account and after about 12 hours there is neither hide nor hair of it. Sad

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:32:07 PM

a couple of Devtome newbie questions:
1) once i finish writing an article, how do i link it to the main page?
2) i have a couple of articles i've posted on my own (tor hidden service) website, that also contain public domain videos (with the intent of expanding what i have written, as reference material). can i use these videos (i don't think linking to them through a tor2web gateway would work well) since they are public domain, or is there a penalty? or would it be better to link to them on archive.org? these videos are in .ogv format, and HTML5 embeddable....

3) for the article i'm in the process of writing, i've uploaded some images, but didn't upload them to root (but uploaded to wiki:users).... should they be in root?
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:37:40 PM

I'm now offering 1000 / 1500 DVC to each person who votes to add DVC / BTC to Cryptsy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408884

EDIT: if anyone wants to donate DVC to help keep this alive (or so I can increase the reward - I want 1000 people voting for it on Cryptsy) 1M8A5WqBuQYU8yBfWeEp9jZTMzCfHxv5Bg

FWIW, Cryptsy used to do DVC/BTC. Now they do XPM/BTC and LTC/BTC. I'm not sure why they removed the BTC link though.

I just tried Crypsy for the first time today and haven't been very impressed so far....

My intital deposit of just a few thousand Devcoins took a few hours to show up in my acccount.

When I was attempting to enter some trades, some of them would show up immediately and others would not.

However, I guess that I am going to stick around because of the closeness of the DVC/LTC trading pairs compared to other sites.

Bittzy78

Yes Cryptsy has issues - but the trade volume there is huge and having DVC / BTC trading there will only strengthen Devcoin.

They are working hard to fix these issues too - and you will always get your coins eventually.

I can only imagine the sheer volume of angry emails they must get with users demanding action on their missing coins. It seems like it would be easier to fix the bug that keeps incoming deposits from showing up than dealing with the angry customers.

I've made another deposit to my Crypsy account and after about 12 hours there is neither hide nor hair of it. Sad

My mistake - DVC deposits to Cryptsy seem to have become worse over the last few days Sad

The coins will get there eventually - I'm waiting on one myself for over 48 hours.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:11:56 PM

Bittzy78

My mistake - DVC deposits to Cryptsy seem to have become worse over the last few days Sad

The coins will get there eventually - I'm waiting on one myself for over 48 hours.

They could use that as a slogan ...

"Crypsy - Your coins will get to your account eventually"

or

"Crypsy - We are glitchy but you no bitchy"

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:04:42 PM

Bittzy78

They could use that as a slogan ...

"Crypsy - Your coins will get to your account eventually"

or

"Crypsy - We are glitchy but you no bitchy"

A lot of people just call them "Craptsy."

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:28:03 PM

Is altcoin cards working?  They are eligible for the 3 share non mining business bounty, if the site is working.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:34:11 PM

Is altcoin cards working?  They are eligible for the 3 share non mining business bounty, if the site is working.

Bitcoin PR Buzz is eligible too I think (we accept DVC for press releases - and have been paid in DVC by clients) http://bitcoinprbuzz.com
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:37:34 PM

Bitcoin PR Buzz is eligible too I think (we accept DVC for press releases - and have been paid in DVC by clients) http://bitcoinprbuzz.com

Is there a review by anyone who's purchased press releases with devcoin?  To get the bounty you need a review.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:58:11 PM

Is there a review by anyone who's purchased press releases with devcoin?  To get the bounty you need a review.

I see - well the first DVC press release we did which went on Yahoo Finance, Wallstreet Journal etc was funded by Devcoin. So maybe someone would be kind enough to write a review? Otherwise UnthinkingBit funded it so perhaps he would need to provide the review.

He's so busy running the project though I don't want to give him more to do!
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:02:26 PM

I see - well the first DVC press release we did which went on Yahoo Finance, Wallstreet Journal etc was funded by Devcoin. So maybe someone would be kind enough to write a review? Otherwise UnthinkingBit funded it so perhaps he would need to provide the review.

Oh, ok.   Smiley  I'll have Unthinkingbit confirm that and then I'll give you the bounty!
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:03:23 PM

a couple of Devtome newbie questions:
1) once i finish writing an article, how do i link it to the main page?
2) i have a couple of articles i've posted on my own (tor hidden service) website, that also contain public domain videos (with the intent of expanding what i have written, as reference material). can i use these videos (i don't think linking to them through a tor2web gateway would work well) since they are public domain, or is there a penalty? or would it be better to link to them on archive.org? these videos are in .ogv format, and HTML5 embeddable....

3) for the article i'm in the process of writing, i've uploaded some images, but didn't upload them to root (but uploaded to wiki:users).... should they be in root?

they should be in root
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:05:55 PM

Oh, ok.   Smiley  I'll have Unthinkingbit confirm that and then I'll give you the bounty!

Awesome -thanks Smiley
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:15:25 PM

Thanks for helping.
It's cryptsy

There are other coins as well to be aware of :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411671.0
Be careful until they fix the issues. And always do some test sends with Cryptsy. Deposits and withrawals.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:01:30 AM

Whoever is responsible (Unthinkingbit, twobits?) for the difficulty transition algorithm change in the devcoin source needs to explain to me why this was done, as this created an un-needed fork. Why do we need to do change difficulty transition logic away from bitcoin when bitcion doesn't even need it?

This has created much stress in development as the android client kept throwing up because last few hundred blocks were un available due to checkpointing (and gave me massage headaches as well as future devcoin developers IM SURE). The new algo depends on the last few hundred blocks to do averaging rather then just get the last diff and figure out the next diff, I haven't seen many complaints of this.

Even the new devcoin client had to make exceptions to make this "work" with older clients.

I just think these kinds of things need to be thought over a little bit more before they are implemented.

Anyone developing any devcoin applications will have to follow this construed logic in order to be able to port applications and leverage development power from bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: