Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058430 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:46:13 AM

Great to hear that everyone is wanting to rev up publicity. It's important. But not all PR is good PR, regardless of what Miley Cyrus may have told you.

Hairy-beard dude on youtube, i hope you read this. We all love your spirit, but you need to take down those videos and replace them with something a bit more useful. If we want to see devcoin accepted by the public we need a public image, ie face, that is acceptable.

Also, Anyone who follows peer or primecoin might know that Sunny King does a weekly update. Can we do something like this?

A very good idea! Since it will greatly increase our community awareness.  I'd like to do it, but i'm not native english speaker, so if someone else does it, I'll translate it into Chinese.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:00:24 AM

Awesome!  I've been reaching out to some projects on their IRC channels (e.g. #blendercoders) but haven't received much of a response.

When the devcoin price went up we could afford more shares, so I asked Smeagol to contact big projects, like Blender, to see if any of their developers wanted to go on a share list. No one from the contacted projects asked to go on the share list, so I asked Smeagol to stop the outreach and handle the bounty payouts instead. He made the page:
http://devticker.pw/business_bounty/business_bounty_32.csv

He'll put the bounties there, it's listed on the account location page:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/account_location.csv

as:
Business Bounty,http://devticker.pw/business_bounty/business_bounty_xx.csv

it will get picked up whenever account.py is run. I'm still keeping bounty_xx.csv to handle the ongoing payments. I asked Smeagol to call it business_bounty_xx.csv, even though it's for all awards, to avoid a name collision. If a bounty is awarded on this thread, and it doesn't get listed there after a few days, please contact Smeagol.

unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:54:58 AM

I actually reside in the great nation of Texas, just throwing that out there. Smiley

if you ever get Secession rolling, let me know.... "colorado is becoming "Kolorado".... although there is a secessionist movement here too... the State of Jefferson.....
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:57:03 AM

Great to hear that everyone is wanting to rev up publicity. It's important. But not all PR is good PR, regardless of what Miley Cyrus may have told you.

Hairy-beard dude on youtube, i hope you read this. We all love your spirit, but you need to take down those videos and replace them with something a bit more useful. If we want to see devcoin accepted by the public we need a public image, ie face, that is acceptable.

Also, Anyone who follows peer or primecoin might know that Sunny King does a weekly update. Can we do something like this?

A very good idea! Since it will greatly increase our community awareness.  I'd like to do it, but i'm not native english speaker, so if someone else does it, I'll translate it into Chinese.

I would do it if someone else can provide the "news" (I can write it up as copy but need material)

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:00:55 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 10:56:47 PM by Hunterbunter

Just a heads up, managed to get 12-hr chart data off markm's ticker into my db in one piece, and you can see the long term history of dvc/usd here: http://dvcusdchart.blisteringdevelopers.com/daily

It's not a candle chart, just a spot price but it's sure interesting to look at. Forgive my crappy aesthetics.

EDIT: oops forgot to convert to USD, will fix.

EDIT2: fixed Smiley
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:43:58 AM

The easiest way for Devcoin to have its moment in the sun will be through people talking about it or having a little buzz. We should come up with an ongoing bounty that could get people talking. An easy way to do this would be to allow a certain amount of shares per round to go towards a charitable cause. It could be St Jude's Children's Hospital or something else that has a name that is known nationwide. After the donation is made, then do a PR about the charitable donation.

There might also be a way to sell items on ebay with all proceeds earmarked for charity.

Bittzy78
Wouldn't it be better for the cause to be an open-source project? Not a comment against charity but it's usually local, and philanthropy/funding and charity aren't the same thing.

Re. Wikipedia - basically needs a decent length and depth article by a very mainstream source that focuses on Devcoin.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:21:02 AM

The easiest way for Devcoin to have its moment in the sun will be through people talking about it or having a little buzz. We should come up with an ongoing bounty that could get people talking. An easy way to do this would be to allow a certain amount of shares per round to go towards a charitable cause. It could be St Jude's Children's Hospital or something else that has a name that is known nationwide. After the donation is made, then do a PR about the charitable donation.

There might also be a way to sell items on ebay with all proceeds earmarked for charity.

Bittzy78
Wouldn't it be better for the cause to be an open-source project? Not a comment against charity but it's usually local, and philanthropy/funding and charity aren't the same thing.

Re. Wikipedia - basically needs a decent length and depth article by a very mainstream source that focuses on Devcoin.

I agree with this. Is there such a thing as an open source charity? Or is that just a weird question?
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:33:03 AM

Bittzy78

I agree with this. Is there such a thing as an open source charity? Or is that just a weird question?

Yes it's called Devcoin  Wink Seriously though - if we could build partnerships with for example Ubuntu - that is probably the way to go. Start canvassing open source organisations / movements / groups.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:40:20 AM

Devcoin has been mentioned in a Wired article http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/13/dogecoin-and-the-era-of-personal-currency

EDIT: Time to reopen the Devcoin page on Wikipedia - I can't believe they deleted it we had just as many refs as most of the other alt coins - what a joke!

Cool! just a couple of articles such as this one could have people all over the place asking questions about Devcoins.

I think the lack of exposure of what Devcoin is and what it is about could easily be taken care of by the end of the year with some timely articles by a few major news outlets. Maybe an admin that is dedicated to being the media and/blog point-of-contact would be in order.

One of the easiest and cheapest ways to raise awareness of Devcoin would be to go the guest post route on financial blogs. If you check out the Money Crashers list of person finance blogs (below) many of them allow guest posts.

http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/

One would simply need to contact the owners of the blogs and ask if they can submit a unique article about Devcoins and/or Devtome. Most blogs are usually hungry for new contact and will gladly accept your offer as long as your request email doesn't look spammy. The key factor about guest posting is that the guest poster never has to pay money for it. The blog owner gets new (and free) content and the guest poster is allowed two or three links links back to their blog, Facebook page and/or a Wiki such as Devtome.

I am using my personal finance blog that I co-run with a couple of other people (below) as an example because most are set up in a similar fashion.

http://www.moneyandpotatoes.com

We have a write for us link across the top of the blog and we do get almost daily requests for guest blog posting. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the requests are of the spammy variety and they never get posted on the blog. However, we have had several valid ones that were published and they provided our blog with some good content.

The key to getting this accomplished would be someone having the ability to write about Devcoin/Devtome from several different angles and always coming up with what amounts to roughly 90% new content with each article.

It might also help to have a PDF type press packet that is tied to a domain so a link could be provided to the blog owners so that they can quickly and easily see what Devcoin is about.

~2 cents~

Bittzy78

I'm coordinating the marketing / press of Devcoin at the moment with monthly ad campaigns and press releases (which perhaps is how Wired heard about us). The biggest outlets we've been on from these is The Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance.

I would like to give you 6 shares next month - for you to put the above into action.

Would you like to do it? And are there any objections from anyone here?

Yeah, I would be willing to give it a shot for a month and see how it goes.

Great! Well if no one objects you'll get 6 shares next month to try and arrange guest posts on the blogs at http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/ If you get one (or more) I'll help you with the article(s) Wink

We can also work on a press kit in PDF format to be hosted at devcoin.org - great idea.

I already have a standing invitation to swap guest posts on another personal finance blog (http://cashcowcouple.com/) but haven't answered them in a couple of weeks. I just sent them an email asking them if they still want to swap guest posts. I have one short article already mostly completed about alt-coin speculation that is a little generic but mentions Devcoin more than others.

If you want to do an article on something along the lines of how to make money writing on Devtome that meets the criteria of what we have on Money and Potatoes ( http://www.moneyandpotatoes.com/write-for-us/ )... I can guarantee that it will be published. Smiley

Just mention in your bio that you are regular contributor to the Devtome Wiki and be sure not to post the article on this forum (but I am sure you already know that.)

Great! Well as I have the power to assign a small number of shares for marketing purposes - you will get 6 next month to contact all the blogs at http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/  and ask for guest posts Smiley Please PM me with your DVC address which can accept generated Devcoin shares (a wallet on your computer).

I've noticed Heavy covers many different cryptocurrencies (http://www.heavy.com/tech/2013/12/dogecoin-what-is-shibe-cryptocurrenc/) so I have contacted them about doing a write up about Devcoin.

In re to guest posting on your blog - does your blog get a lot of traffic?
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 12:37:50 PM

Devcoin has been mentioned in a Wired article http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/13/dogecoin-and-the-era-of-personal-currency

EDIT: Time to reopen the Devcoin page on Wikipedia - I can't believe they deleted it we had just as many refs as most of the other alt coins - what a joke!

Cool! just a couple of articles such as this one could have people all over the place asking questions about Devcoins.

I think the lack of exposure of what Devcoin is and what it is about could easily be taken care of by the end of the year with some timely articles by a few major news outlets. Maybe an admin that is dedicated to being the media and/blog point-of-contact would be in order.

One of the easiest and cheapest ways to raise awareness of Devcoin would be to go the guest post route on financial blogs. If you check out the Money Crashers list of person finance blogs (below) many of them allow guest posts.

http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/

One would simply need to contact the owners of the blogs and ask if they can submit a unique article about Devcoins and/or Devtome. Most blogs are usually hungry for new contact and will gladly accept your offer as long as your request email doesn't look spammy. The key factor about guest posting is that the guest poster never has to pay money for it. The blog owner gets new (and free) content and the guest poster is allowed two or three links links back to their blog, Facebook page and/or a Wiki such as Devtome.

I am using my personal finance blog that I co-run with a couple of other people (below) as an example because most are set up in a similar fashion.

http://www.moneyandpotatoes.com

We have a write for us link across the top of the blog and we do get almost daily requests for guest blog posting. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the requests are of the spammy variety and they never get posted on the blog. However, we have had several valid ones that were published and they provided our blog with some good content.

The key to getting this accomplished would be someone having the ability to write about Devcoin/Devtome from several different angles and always coming up with what amounts to roughly 90% new content with each article.

It might also help to have a PDF type press packet that is tied to a domain so a link could be provided to the blog owners so that they can quickly and easily see what Devcoin is about.

~2 cents~

Bittzy78

I'm coordinating the marketing / press of Devcoin at the moment with monthly ad campaigns and press releases (which perhaps is how Wired heard about us). The biggest outlets we've been on from these is The Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance.

I would like to give you 6 shares next month - for you to put the above into action.

Would you like to do it? And are there any objections from anyone here?

Yeah, I would be willing to give it a shot for a month and see how it goes.

Great! Well if no one objects you'll get 6 shares next month to try and arrange guest posts on the blogs at http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/ If you get one (or more) I'll help you with the article(s) Wink

We can also work on a press kit in PDF format to be hosted at devcoin.org - great idea.

I already have a standing invitation to swap guest posts on another personal finance blog (http://cashcowcouple.com/) but haven't answered them in a couple of weeks. I just sent them an email asking them if they still want to swap guest posts. I have one short article already mostly completed about alt-coin speculation that is a little generic but mentions Devcoin more than others.

If you want to do an article on something along the lines of how to make money writing on Devtome that meets the criteria of what we have on Money and Potatoes ( http://www.moneyandpotatoes.com/write-for-us/ )... I can guarantee that it will be published. Smiley

Just mention in your bio that you are regular contributor to the Devtome Wiki and be sure not to post the article on this forum (but I am sure you already know that.)

Great! Well as I have the power to assign a small number of shares for marketing purposes - you will get 6 next month to contact all the blogs at http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/  and ask for guest posts Smiley Please PM me with your DVC address which can accept generated Devcoin shares (a wallet on your computer).

I've noticed Heavy covers many different cryptocurrencies (http://www.heavy.com/tech/2013/12/dogecoin-what-is-shibe-cryptocurrenc/) so I have contacted them about doing a write up about Devcoin.

In re to guest posting on your blog - does your blog get a lot of traffic?

The blog usually gets about 175 - 250 hits a day, so not a ton of traffic but it is read and quickly indexed by Google.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
melodiem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:12:59 PM

Yes it's called Devcoin  Wink Seriously though - if we could build partnerships with for example Ubuntu - that is probably the way to go. Start canvassing open source organisations / movements / groups.

Would open source medicine be something to consider? I only just read about them maybe a week ago and tagged it for research for a future article, so I cant speak to their suitability, but the idea seems to fit.

http://www.itworld.com/it-managementstrategy/267234/open-source-medicine-puts-health-above-profits
http://osmso.org/

Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:41:56 PM

Hey guys I am thinking about making a website for selling gift cards for devcoins. Is there any suggestion of cards or other things you want to be featured on the website?
-AM
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:45:26 PM

The round 31 marketing earnings are pasted below and at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/marketing_earnings_31.csv

Alyssa85,1ERn5JRTm5P47LzhiLCbKtduwj9M3cPE81,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:alyssa85)
Ashleysly,1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:ashleysly)
Bittzy78,1Pz1K3res89p4GF3N26gz93CzbyWUcjEAb,12/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:bittzy78)
Cryptoaddicto,1DKhy7jj8oB53iGZYrWzDSfcVoKHjsuxaa,2/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:cryptoaddicto)
Dalamar96,1BXH2Xida1orS5GpXdniMrwZFbi5iznM92,4/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:dalamar96)
Eeharris,1CfWWyDNUeioJc7TBnqDBDyQKJUYwT7S2Z,4/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:eeharris)
Emfox,1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut,34/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:emfox)
Fheenix,1JvdsgxiJQYAJSE4Tjs3BWbXZk6Kw9mxnB,16/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:fheenix)
Fuzzybear,18xskifRMWUtMzbHSzQi7rEWF5upmktgF2,26/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:fuzzybear)
Hunterbunter,17qBxPE1e84se785Yn3BupFRPPekEc15Pv,5/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:hunterbunter)
Iluveunc,199BUHDPHwpzyzVzmTw6V2jeqYfEpVuwMu,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:iluveunc)
Jasinlee,1Ahu957fXXwhJ5LqmpxMFHVWwSQ7h4PkXb,22/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:jasinlee)
Knotwork,121Pb2BBrU7C61vBdWCKVuFFmaEZr6xFAX,6/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:knotwork)
Leojane,15szdWSCEVAvXVEKsrEtcKNtCfmo69drZ9,2/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:leojane)
Mabtc,1NqxTQ7D9w3oukfpYda8GHnXSYxr9xFoQS,3/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:mabtc)
Matt608,1Ks4roXAZj45sXRsWMfGqmAPmDoWZ9TAko,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:matt608)
Melodiemuse,1GJt2nDUrVinYyDFJuWMkkK1Urod5nH72F,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:melodiemuse)
Meta-p02,1Q4wj8JfZNGgRFYrk2bfWvqcqH1Y9YVNn9,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:meta-p02)
Metazilla,1CJSRunQtPQsiZRK7vznyeCfyDTb2kxGA8,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:metazilla)
Papacrusher,13mtCyZTnMJRJw9nt7xqbiGU7tXrvkeAJB,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:papacrusher)
Paul3,1MPPHP3TLvD4mph9z1GpM5BamB5Pcx5HuT,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:paul3)
Penguinwriter,1LNL1Zrg5h2z8m9c48fgdMx2uXmN3S5Kch,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:penguinwriter)
Raptorak,1ASdsZ1JUwtVXDfYBx7MRNMeHQ8J51pSRw,19/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:raptorak)
Smeagol,1SMEAGqpm9JSpJ6JZaM5dEBptPTNahpFa,7/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:smeagol)
Twobits,13A2e3wX9MVMtP1JMxGFcbd2ZuSeVLe8uZ,1/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:twobits)
Unthinkingbit,17vec4jQGCzMEsTnivizHPaowE715tu2CB,6/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:unthinkingbit)
Weisoq,1Cy9e1Yuwboj63XRkMkT6W6YsGDtYDrsUp,2/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:weisoq)
Wiser,1LpoMowMPEVWk2LaJUdAUNaK7gBDRA1r7F,2/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:wiser)

Total payout is 183/5 = 36.6.

The earnings are generated by marketing.py:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/marketing.py

Thank you for posting Unthinkingbit
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:57:02 PM

Hey guys I am thinking about making a website for selling gift cards for devcoins. Is there any suggestion of cards or other things you want to be featured on the website?
-AM

There are already a couple of gift card sites - I don't mean to discourage you - but it would be cool to sell something we don't have a store for yet Smiley

EDIT: Dev coffee would be kind of awesome (writers and coders drink lots of coffee!). I know that a btc coffee website does quite well Wink

Also - if you wanted to set up a serious service, a proxy buying service like http://bitsumo.com for DVC would be really, really awesome.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:13:04 PM

-AM

There are already a couple of gift card sites - I don't mean to discourage you - but it would be cool to sell something we don't have a store for yet Smiley

EDIT: Dev coffee would be kind of awesome (writers and coders drink lots of coffee!). I know that a btc coffee website does quite well Wink

Also - if you wanted to set up a serious service, a proxy buying service like http://bitsumo.com for DVC would be really, really awesome.

I kinda already have the proxy buying service covered by my including of Cardpool in the Devcoin Store ( http://www.devcoinstore.com ).

If you buy a Cardpool gift card, you can then use it to buy whatever gift card they offer on the site. Some of them are digital but most of the cards are sent to your house with free shipping.

They are basically a service were they give you cash for less than the face value of the gift cards you don't want and then resell them to other people.

Only have one $10 up right now but I if I think they give you an extra $5 on your first order if you use my link (no guarantees)

This only works in the United States.

I know it isn't exactly a proxy buying service but it is kinda close. Smiley

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
silvercardbank

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:16:45 PM

can anyone tell me how to obtain a clickable link to the devcoin wallet downloads.
i have been advertizing devcoin on ebay for a couple of months now using the bottom link to direct new users to get a wallet.

i updated this link today to go to the devcoin .org site  but ebay dont let it in my adds. a message comes up saying  no non clickable links allowed .
 what am i doing wrong ?

problem is.... the one i am using gives a warning not to download unless the site is trusted as could do harm to computer, so its not a very good link to show someone using it for the 1st time, it might put them off of downloading and getting one.

http://devcoin.org/devcoin-wallet.html

https://app.box.com/s/1mqfk22gyqq97ytdmifi/1/841702278/7795653340/1
melodiem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:21:34 PM

can anyone tell me how to obtain a clickable link to the devcoin wallet downloads.
i have been advertizing devcoin on ebay for a couple of months now using the bottom link to direct new users to get a wallet.

i updated this link today to go to the devcoin .org site  but ebay dont let it in my adds. a message comes up saying  no non clickable links allowed .
 what am i doing wrong ?

problem is.... the one i am using gives a warning not to download unless the site is trusted as could do harm to computer, so its not a very good link to show someone using it for the 1st time, it might put them off of downloading and getting one.

http://devcoin.org/devcoin-wallet.html

https://app.box.com/s/1mqfk22gyqq97ytdmifi/1/841702278/7795653340/1

This page might help http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_get_setup_earning_devcoins_by_writing

It has a list of wallets for a number of operating systems, hope that helps Smiley

silvercardbank

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:34:56 PM

thanks for that link , i went there copyed and pasted the address from my browser, dropped it into my revised ebay add and again got this message.

We’ve noticed that your listing included a non-clickable link. eBay no longer permits non-clickable or static links in listings (in item descriptions, payment instructions, return instructions, etc.). Please go back and either remove the non-clickable link, or update it to make sure it complies with the links policy.
melodiem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:39:11 PM

thanks for that link , i went there copyed and pasted the address from my browser, dropped it into my revised ebay add and again got this message.

We’ve noticed that your listing included a non-clickable link. eBay no longer permits non-clickable or static links in listings (in item descriptions, payment instructions, return instructions, etc.). Please go back and either remove the non-clickable link, or update it to make sure it complies with the links policy.

They probably don't allow direct download links.

Papacrusher

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:48:11 PM

I was thinking about the conversation being had about devtome and it's accessibility. I agree it needs quite an overhaul in the long run to appeal as a source of "stuff" to the general public.

I'd like to propose a bounty, if I may, for "A better devtome system". 6 different strategies for 6 shares each, on how devtome can best be organised to:

Allow contributors to easily add content (as they do currently via the wiki version, but it doesn't have to be this way; think about the options).
Allow easy indexing of the content so categories form more naturally.
Allow easy administration for tasks such as plagiarism checks, copyright checks, managing writers (if need be), etc.
Allow the audience to find what they want quickly (front page with random articles? automatic related article finder? automatic internal hyperlink system? etc).
Ideas for a better categorization system, if one exists.
Ideas for other ways of delivering content - eg reading apps for mobile devices?

This is a discussion paper where the writer describes what the perfect system would be like, by identifying problems with the current system and imaging improvements. You don't necessarily have to practically solve them, just logically. I would expect each page to be 1000 words or more, to thoroughly explore the topic. The above parts are just examples of things to think about, but there are tons more worth considering and the writers can explore ideas and brainstorm. I'd also encourage the later bounty seekers to absorb the good ideas from the first few in their own, if they can - this is open source, after all!

I'm not sure whether the wiki has plugin options, but if it does, we can either consider building the current one out to better fit our needs (and the needs of our readers), or biding our time until we can build our own software in the future if it's more valuable. Again, this is just about ideas at the moment, on how we can make it a pleasant experience as possible for mass audiences, such that they would find themselves having a hard time staying away.

Any objections? Is 6/6 overkill?

I was already rolling this idea around in my head.  I think 6/6 is sufficient.  Having 6 different attacks on the same problems will definitely produce some creative solutions. 

If this is approved, I would like to claim one of the bounties for my article posted on Devtome located here:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_ease_of_use_improvements

Thanks for suggesting this, I think the results are going to be game changing.

Papa

Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: