Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:41:13 PM

Devcoin Auctions are the first real community inspired business that actively seeks devcoins, and create inputs to the devcoin price (http://devcoinauctions.com). There are many more to come.

Yes, but shouldn't devcoin auctions be devcoin only ?

That BTC and LTC are also allowed to purchase bids, doesn't really help devcoin, does it?

If it was devcoin only, then everybody would have to go to the exchanges and buy devcoin.

It's not really reassuring to say that all recieved BTC and LTC will be used to purchase devcoins. How do I know? Why trust anybody?

Why not circumvent BTC and LTC totally and go for devcoin only?

Then it would deserve the name devcoinauctions. Now not so much.

Not necessarily, for one if you are bidding on a devcoin funded auction, then btc/ltc is certainly welcome as it will be used to directly purchase devcoins on the market bidding up the price (think of the middlepool idea just applied in a different way).

Secondly, I am personally opening up business by investing my own resources.. so not only is this site going to offer devcoin auctions, but auctions I will be providing for btc/ltc... this opens doors to many more auction items as I don't have to wait for devcoins to be exchanged for bitcoins to buy items to auction off anymore... especially with thelow liquidity this means there would only be 1 or 2 auctions a month. Now I can offer the devcoin funded auctions (1 or 2 a month) and my own auctions which I accept bitcoin/litcoin bids only to add value to the site. For example look at the 5.4th miner. http://devcoinauctions.com/blog/auction/sp30-yukon-august-batch-asic-miner-5-4ths/ there is no way that this would be possible if it were only devcoins used here. This vendor only accepts bitcoin, so I need to work in bitcoin... I have worked out a special deal with this vendor for this miner, but it is limited time only and if noone bids on it I will probably not relist it after next month.

For this reason for these types of auctions (most of them right now) I only accept bids from people who bought packages with bitcoins or litecoins and not devcoins for obvious economical reasons. Later when there is more liqudity then devcoins will become the predominant form of payment as it will be desired.

The auctions funded by devcoins will remain accepting devcoins/bitcoins/litecoins and any btc/ltc used to bid here will be converted to dvc and put into the community fund.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 08:45:51 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 09:37:13 PM by georgem

Not necessarily, for one if you are bidding on a devcoin funded auction, then btc/ltc is certainly welcome as it will be used to directly purchase devcoins on the market bidding up the price (think of the middlepool idea just applied in a different way).

Secondly, I am personally opening up business by investing my own resources.. so not only is this site going to offer devcoin auctions, but auctions I will be providing for btc/ltc... this opens doors to many more auction items as I don't have to wait for devcoins to be exchanged for bitcoins to buy items to auction off anymore... especially with thelow liquidity this means there would only be 1 or 2 auctions a month. Now I can offer the devcoin funded auctions (1 or 2 a month) and my own auctions which I accept bitcoin/litcoin bids only to add value to the site. For example look at the 5.4th miner. http://devcoinauctions.com/blog/auction/sp30-yukon-august-batch-asic-miner-5-4ths/ there is no way that this would be possible if it were only devcoins used here. This vendor only accepts bitcoin, so I need to work in bitcoin... I have worked out a special deal with this vendor for this miner, but it is limited time only and if noone bids on it I will probably not relist it after next month.

For this reason for these types of auctions (most of them right now) I only accept bids from people who bought packages with bitcoins or litecoins and not devcoins for obvious economical reasons. Later when there is more liqudity then devcoins will become the predominant form of payment as it will be desired.

The auctions funded by devcoins will remain accepting devcoins/bitcoins/litecoins and any btc/ltc used to bid here will be converted to dvc and put into the community fund.

I see. Yes, I saw the 5.4 THash miner yesterday and I loled, and wondered how this is even possible.

Well, I admire the work you have done.

It's an interesting concept... le't see where this goes...

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:30:26 PM

I see. Yes, I saw the 5.4 THash miner yesterady and I loled, and wondered how this is even possible.

Well, I admire the work you have done.

It's an interesting concept... le't see where this goes...

Thanks, I hope it takes off.. it really will be nice to see it work out. I would like it to bring some positive light into devcoin... instead of selling my coins I do these types of things to help it so I can benefit from increased value... that is the typical developer approach. I only wished there were more developers who saw similar views and came to similar conclusions because I see it is a great opportunity to get into crypto and devcoin in particular at these early stages.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 09:41:20 PM

Thanks, I hope it takes off.. it really will be nice to see it work out. I would like it to bring some positive light into devcoin... instead of selling my coins I do these types of things to help it so I can benefit from increased value... that is the typical developer approach. I only wished there were more developers who saw similar views and came to similar conclusions because I see it is a great opportunity to get into crypto and devcoin in particular at these early stages.

I too have some projects in the making, but I am not sure if I can apply for devcoins with them.

For example, I am working on a coinmarketcap site, but with more information and email-alert service (e.g. when pricelevel is reached, etc)...

If I want to get devcoin for such a site, so I can continue develop it, can I just apply for this at devtome? And what other rules do I have to follow?

Does it have to be complete open source? What if I don't want to go completely open source for security reasons?

melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:39:22 PM

I too have some projects in the making, but I am not sure if I can apply for devcoins with them.

For example, I am working on a coinmarketcap site, but with more information and email-alert service (e.g. when pricelevel is reached, etc)...

If I want to get devcoin for such a site, so I can continue develop it, can I just apply for this at devtome? And what other rules do I have to follow?

Does it have to be complete open source? What if I don't want to go completely open source for security reasons?

If you want it to be funded by devcoin, it does need to be open source to be eligable for the shares list but there is no reason for you not to accept devcoin as payment from users or you can apply for marketing/advertising shares if you use devcoin banners on your site.

The official devcoin thread might be best place to bring it up: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,147.0.html ...or the bounty thread: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,150.0.html

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:46:49 PM

If you want it to be funded by devcoin, it does need to be open source to be eligable for the shares list but there is no reason for you not to accept devcoin as payment from users or you can apply for marketing/advertising shares if you use devcoin banners on your site.

The official devcoin thread might be best place to bring it up: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,147.0.html ...or the bounty thread: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,150.0.html

Ok, so for a website with html/javascript/php/mysql I would have to provide all the sourcecode for all programming languages, and possibly even an instuction how to set the database/server up, etc?

melodiem

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:48:16 PM

I think most of the devs give access to their Github files...but to be very sure, you are best to ask them on those links. I am not a dev, just a noisy devcoiner  Wink

melodiem

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:49:18 PM

You could also check out the bounties and see if your site meets any of them and apply on the bounty thread I listed

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:50:18 PM

I think most of the devs give access to their Github files...but to be very sure, you are best to ask them on those links. I am not a dev, just a noisy devcoiner  Wink

Alright, make some melodic noise, melodiem.

Or did you mean to say "just a nosy devcoiner"?  Wink

Thanks for your help.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:52:36 PM

I think most of the devs give access to their Github files...but to be very sure, you are best to ask them on those links. I am not a dev, just a noisy devcoiner  Wink

Yes, that has become the status quo, these days.

melodiem

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:56:11 PM

Now Doubled Due to Community Support!!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#DVC

Vote as many times as you like and post your votes and wallet here: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,790.0.html

~★DVC★~ 200k Devcoin Giveaway!! ~★DVC★~ Vote on MintPal ~★DVC★~

Repeat again every hour - Double your payout for 6 votes in 24 hours!!

To thank you for your support and to encourage you to tell all your friends to vote on Mintpal, From here on, every 10th posted vote will be paid an additional 1000DVC and every 50th vote will receive 10,000DVC

Get it on people!

melodiem

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:57:08 PM

I think most of the devs give access to their Github files...but to be very sure, you are best to ask them on those links. I am not a dev, just a noisy devcoiner  Wink

Alright, make some melodic noise, melodiem.

Or did you mean to say "just a nosy devcoiner"?  Wink

Thanks for your help.

Lol noisy, nosy.. both could be useful Wink

notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:25:18 AM

Devcoin Auctions are the first real community inspired business that actively seeks devcoins, and create inputs to the devcoin price (http://devcoinauctions.com). There are many more to come.

That BTC and LTC are also allowed to purchase bids, doesn't really help devcoin, does it?

If it was devcoin only, then everybody would have to go to the exchanges and buy devcoin.

It's not really reassuring to say that all recieved BTC and LTC will be used to purchase devcoins. How do I know? Why trust anybody?

I sell quite a few items online through a website and fleabay. I'd consider adding items to devcoinauctions but a buy it now price or a reserve selling price (reserve selling price - sale isn't valid if it doesn't meet or exceed the sellers reserve price). Shipping costs are also an issue with sellers overseas (like me). Also the buy in price (to the auctions) for potential buyers might put some off. I have to admit I haven't looked at the site in depth recently, but I'd definitely use a functioning popular crypto auction site.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:54:04 AM

I sell quite a few items online through a website and fleabay. I'd consider adding items to devcoinauctions but a buy it now price or a reserve selling price (reserve selling price - sale isn't valid if it doesn't meet or exceed the sellers reserve price). Shipping costs are also an issue with sellers overseas (like me). Also the buy in price (to the auctions) for potential buyers might put some off. I have to admit I haven't looked at the site in depth recently, but I'd definitely use a functioning popular crypto auction site.

Sorry I didn't quite get what you said? You would list items if there was a reserve and buy it now? Both of these two things are supported by the site. I turned off buy it now on all new auctions just because I wanted people to bid on them as with a buy it now there would be no profit for the site to just sell for what you get, unless you are able to buy in volume and sell in retail (maybe this is something I can work out with you personally if you are interested). I can add a buy it now for each auction you wish to list, just PM me some details I will list it up for you to view.

As far as reserve goes, it is a silent reserve intended to allow the site to avoid major losses on auctions. If reserve aren't met it is relisted and bids are refunded (or bids are kept and more time is added until reserve is met)... definetily marketing is the only thing holding it back. Also I'm still not sure if I should add a fiat alternative other than paypal so people with fiat money can buy in... although I'm not sure how this affects licensing and regulation.

As far as shipping, this is taken care of aswell, as the shipping price is given to the buyer upon sale of the auction... it can be listed in the auction information aswell on the auction page. The buyer is responsible for shipping and it is based on standard rates. Once you buy an item or win an item, it shows up as "bought but not paid" section of your My Account, then once you pay (if you didn't use buy it now) it shows under bought and paid... The payment mechanism here takes the shipping cost into consideration when it redirects you to the coinpayment page. Once you have paid and it is shipped, it shows up under paid & shipped section.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:20:37 AM

Now Doubled Due to Community Support!!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#DVC

Vote as many times as you like and post your votes and wallet here: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,790.0.html

~★DVC★~ 200k Devcoin Giveaway!! ~★DVC★~ Vote on MintPal ~★DVC★~

Repeat again every hour - Double your payout for 6 votes in 24 hours!!

To thank you for your support and to encourage you to tell all your friends to vote on Mintpal, From here on, every 10th posted vote will be paid an additional 1000DVC and every 50th vote will receive 10,000DVC

Get it on people!

Thanks for the notice about this. I've been doing the votes as often as I can remember (many times a day) but didn't realize there was a giveaway as part of it as well, :p.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:21:59 AM

Ok, so for a website with html/javascript/php/mysql I would have to provide all the sourcecode for all programming languages, and possibly even an instuction how to set the database/server up, etc?

You got this right. Source code has to be made public. Instructions on how to set things up is important as well. Basically the idea is that  anyone should be able to easily re-create whatever it is you've made. So whatever is necessary to make that happen.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Shattienator

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:21:29 AM

Devcoin block explorer, based on Bitpay/Insight/Bitcore engine, available at:
http://devcoinblockexplorer.info/
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:03:24 PM

just to check if mintpal live up to their word...
today monday evening they should add CleanWaterCoin to their list of traded currencies, since it is the number one voted coin at the moment.
So I will be watching closely.

Not that I care about CleanWaterCoin (?) lol, ...

jiefangqian

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:59:02 AM

Devcoin block explorer, based on Bitpay/Insight/Bitcore engine, available at:
http://devcoinblockexplorer.info/

beautiful

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
Whoisthelorax

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:55:06 AM

just to check if mintpal live up to their word...
today monday evening they should add CleanWaterCoin to their list of traded currencies, since it is the number one voted coin at the moment.
So I will be watching closely.

Not that I care about CleanWaterCoin (?) lol, ...

They didn't, Mintpal has been slow on adding coins. XXL barely made a market on their site...they got an XXL/LTC and its the 8th decimal place...they have a few markets like that (microcoin comes to mind) where it oscillates between 1 and 2 satoshis or their ltc equivalent. it's annoying more than annoying, but w/e, i dont use those coins anyway.

BTW, start at block number 6997 and begin scanning forward on the clean water coin blockchain...

http://explorer.cleanwatercoin.org/block/00000000109dad4ab3901a034cbbb6c05b984f17e33fff9fe3776482201119b2

From block 7000 to 8200ish an "accident" occurs. the dev's didn't try to fix that accident and now it stands as the world's worst coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: