Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
doctormandrake

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:52:40 AM

But it seems when it switches on its own (without me restarting it) it will list the last coin/coins while mining the new one. I thought it was malfunctioning on switching, but it was switching, it was just continuing to list the previous coin. It does update the mining pool info. 9 minutes til strategy check, so if it switches again  iwill observe and report back.

Thanks for that - I'll enable Auto-Mining strategies myself too and keep an eye out. I appreciate the heads-up. As I said a lot of things under-the-hood changed in 2.5 so that representations of the data can be sent to other instances (for MultiMiner Remoting), and this could easily be an oversight.

doesn't change performance at all, and with api monitoring open I can tell at a glance what I am mining (or with a glance and a scroll)  I'll keep my eye on it and see if anything else catches my attention etc. It is definitely stalling on the last coin, I checked for 3 15 minute cycles. Switched to joulecoin after the last manual restart, then mined unobtanium and tigercoin (in different instances) the pool changed appropriately but it listed as joulecoin and continued to give me the stats for joule (the perks list of value stayed at joule conversions, not sure if it was accurate for joule or the new coin) and when I restarted again to confirm it switched to the appropriate coin (and listed it) I am setting it to only list multiple coins (unchecking the mine single coin if) and will see how it behaves switching 6 different coins and pools..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Feeshball

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:19:25 PM

Hi, I know I've posted a similar question in the BFGMiner thread, as I thought it was only restricted to BFG, but apparently I'm also having the same problem as MultiMiner (could be bfgminer as it's the backend miner)

So I'm using my gpu to mine and I've noticed that after approx 100s of inactivity or afk, the miner would just stop itself, and the log shows:
"Request":"quit","Response":"BYE"

It will stay that way until I move my mouse or something. (I'm guessing it's one of the settings, maybe the quota=99?)

I'm quite a new miner, so pardon me if I overlook some settings or whatnot. This issue is quite irritating as I wouldn't be able to run the miner overnight. I was able to run overnight with GUIminer, so I'm guessing it's part of bfgminer's settings.

Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:24:41 PM

Hi, I know I've posted a similar question in the BFGMiner thread, as I thought it was only restricted to BFG, but apparently I'm also having the same problem as MultiMiner (could be bfgminer as it's the backend miner)

Are you saying this happens when you aren't using MultiMiner at all?

If this only occurs with MultiMiner I'd think maybe you have the setting enabled under Settings > Advanced miner settings to either Adjust Dynamic Intensity or to Restart Miners. Either of those could possible restart mining, as could strategy checks. However, they should restart mining, not stop it altogether.

If this is happening in bfgminer, outside of MultiMiner, it's not something I've seen or encountered.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Feeshball

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:47:04 PM

Are you saying this happens when you aren't using MultiMiner at all?

If this only occurs with MultiMiner I'd think maybe you have the setting enabled under Settings > Advanced miner settings to either Adjust Dynamic Intensity or to Restart Miners. Either of those could possible restart mining, as could strategy checks. However, they should restart mining, not stop it altogether.

If this is happening in bfgminer, outside of MultiMiner, it's not something I've seen or encountered.

Ahh, ok. I'll try my luck with the bfg thread then. FYI, here's a screenshot of the log (notice the BYE, i've just gone to the toilet when it happened)

https://i.imgur.com/y05yfzo.png
bjwimer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:00:18 PM

Just got the update and noticed a little bug.  When it switches pools it seems to leave the name of the coin of the previous mining round.  I am using the CoinWarz API and made sure it is actually mining the most profitable coin by going to the pool of that coin.   Under "pools" column it shows the correct mining pool just under "coin" it isn't updated.   Still works as advertised and is a super program just a visual glitch as far as I am concerned.  Thanks again and I  hope my 1% donation is keeping you  interested in updates.

doctormandrake

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:55:18 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 04:28:29 PM by doctormandrake

quick question, does it automatically mine the first pool in the list of pools?

also when editing the poollist how do I make sure it saves? I just added like 10 pools and it looked fine, I clicked ok and went to switch, and all 10 pools were gone and "coins" pools had reverted to before I started. As far as I can tell I did what I did when initially configuring the program (when I added the current list of pools) of course I added them in 2.4.1

edit: if I only add one pool between clicking ok and opening coins again its golden. probably silly to add so many before making sure it saved ^^

edit:  I now have a wishlist item. the ability to prioritze pools numerically (#1, #2, #3, etc)  unless this is already implemented by the order they are listed of course (cannot tell yet, it isnt always loading the pool at the top of the list) but a simple way of prioritizing pools within a coin would be slick.
godsdog

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:55:58 PM

This app program software is great,no need to go room to room check on rig,this lazy american will have 1 bag of dorito's in one room from now on.. Smiley
IronGenius

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:40:37 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 04:51:37 PM by IronGenius

Hi guys,
Does anyone else use MultiMiner for Mac OSX Mavericks? I can't get it to work on my mac and I think I have exhausted all possible solutions.  Huh

EDIT: It doesn't detect my BFL 60GH/s miner for some strange reason. I've tried Asteroid and MacMiner and both recognize the device however.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:04:56 PM

You keep giving and we keep taking. Smiley

A couple requests:

- remote update, is this possible?
- Single click to do a quick switch to a coin across all rigs (selecting network sends command to all rigs in network?)
- Any chance of a command/button to skip to the next pool listed in the coin - Anyone mining DOGE knows there have been many pool attacks, so having an easy to implement backup is great since failover doesn't always work great if the pool is semi-up and not completely down.

I think my one remaining issue is the fact that I can't solo mine, since all blocks that I've tried across multiple coins all just reject, but this is a BFGminer issue. I get around this by going back to CGMiner when I want to solo and do it the "old fashion" way.

Amazing updates, as always.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:45:45 PM

Ahh, ok. I'll try my luck with the bfg thread then. FYI, here's a screenshot of the log (notice the BYE, i've just gone to the toilet when it happened)

https://i.imgur.com/y05yfzo.png

That is MultiMiner sending a QUIT command to bfgminer - that is not an issue with bfgminer. Do you have any of the following enabled?

• Restart suspect miners
  • Set Dynamic Intensity based on computer use
  • Restart miners ever X minutes
  • Automatic mining in the Strategies dialog

Any of those will cause MultiMiner to periodically restart bfgminer using the QUIT command. However, it is restarting, not stopping entirely, as you can see the API commands continued.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:46:48 PM

Any chance for a small program from Windows so we can  remotely monitor our rigs when NOT on the same network? I have them on another internet connection in the same house.
At least for us that have payed the MobileMiner fee to enable notifications, etc.

I have to rely on my phone to get notifications and I dont always have it with me or some times its just on silent mode.

For now the only option outside your network is MobileMiner, though an HTML5 version of MobileMiner is planned which means you won't have to use your phone.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:47:49 PM

Just got the update and noticed a little bug.  When it switches pools it seems to leave the name of the coin of the previous mining round.  I am using the CoinWarz API and made sure it is actually mining the most profitable coin by going to the pool of that coin.   Under "pools" column it shows the correct mining pool just under "coin" it isn't updated.   Still works as advertised and is a super program just a visual glitch as far as I am concerned.  Thanks again and I  hope my 1% donation is keeping you  interested in updates.

Thanks - got one other person who reported this as well so it does sound like a confirmed minor display bug. I'll get it addressed. Thanks for the feedback!

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:49:34 PM

edit:  I now have a wishlist item. the ability to prioritze pools numerically (#1, #2, #3, etc)  unless this is already implemented by the order they are listed of course (cannot tell yet, it isnt always loading the pool at the top of the list) but a simple way of prioritizing pools within a coin would be slick.

The up and down arrows do this already and the pools are used in the order they are listed. Should do what you want  Smiley

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:52:32 PM

- remote update, is this possible?
- Single click to do a quick switch to a coin across all rigs (selecting network sends command to all rigs in network?)
- Any chance of a command/button to skip to the next pool listed in the coin - Anyone mining DOGE knows there have been many pool attacks, so having an easy to implement backup is great since failover doesn't always work great if the pool is semi-up and not completely down.

Noted the suggestions - remotely updating MultiMiner and bfgminer is already on there and should be added soon.

I think my one remaining issue is the fact that I can't solo mine, since all blocks that I've tried across multiple coins all just reject, but this is a BFGminer issue. I get around this by going back to CGMiner when I want to solo and do it the "old fashion" way.

I'm going to spend another weekend going through these issues with Luke to see if we can come up with a game-plan for addressing this. He has 2-3 ideas for improving this...just need to make some forward progress.

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:10:30 PM

Can't wait to get it setup.  My problem isn't Multiminer currently its U-verse LOL.  Since my miners are all Avalons and Antminer S1's I have to use the Stratum Proxy, but since my Windows Server 2008R2 box is on a static IP for some reason none of the miners can route to it.  Going to try again today but been trying to minimize any downtime with them so hard to make major networking changes without taking down all 8 miners.  Sad

Keep up the good work man!
doctormandrake

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:36:59 PM

The up and down arrows do this already and the pools are used in the order they are listed. Should do what you want  Smiley

cool, yeah I realized the reason it appeared not to work was having copy and pasted a few pools with their port:****  still connected to the address (command line style) a few quick edits and everything is switching like a champ. A simple ommission that gave the appearance of randomly selected pools.   I just wish coinechoose would add more sha-256 coins or coinwarz would allow more requests without charging ^^ I prefer coinwarz, and manually check there, but the 25 api pulls a day means 1 hour between strategy checks, I like more like 5-10 minutes. For a constantly switching miner such as myself, are pools or p2p superior (you seem like you obsess on getting everything right like myself, so maybe you've done the research) ^^

And having read that you are going to be looking into solo mining issues, has me very excited, I too have to reboot cgminer up if I want to solomine, not a huge pain, but it would be very neat to be able to use the brilliant device switching of your program to dedicate certain asics for solo mining certain coins while the rest switch for most profitable.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 08:01:17 PM

I just wish coinechoose would add more sha-256 coins or coinwarz would allow more requests without charging ^^ I prefer coinwarz, and manually check there, but the 25 api pulls a day means 1 hour between strategy checks, I like more like 5-10 minutes. For a constantly switching miner such as myself, are pools or p2p superior (you seem like you obsess on getting everything right like myself, so maybe you've done the research) ^^

It's an unfortunate state of the Coin APIs. CoinChoose.com was sold by the original author and has gone downhill (imo) since then. It still works as a free Coin API, but CoinWarz seems much more robust and stable.

I wanted to point out that the free CoinWarz API key is not only limited to 25 calls a day. It also has a total call limit of 1,000 calls. So even if you limit to 1-call-per-hour, you will still eventually hit their limit  Sad

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 08:03:19 PM

Can't wait to get it setup.  My problem isn't Multiminer currently its U-verse LOL.  Since my miners are all Avalons and Antminer S1's I have to use the Stratum Proxy, but since my Windows Server 2008R2 box is on a static IP for some reason none of the miners can route to it.  Going to try again today but been trying to minimize any downtime with them so hard to make major networking changes without taking down all 8 miners.  Sad

I wanted to let you know that the Stratum Proxy will not be the only way to use an S1 or Avalon with MultiMiner in the next major update. In 2.6, MultiMiner will be able to automatically discover networked ASIC devices that allow RPC API access and show them as devices within the MultiMiner UI.

atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:12:34 PM

And having read that you are going to be looking into solo mining issues, has me very excited, I too have to reboot cgminer up if I want to solomine, not a huge pain, but it would be very neat to be able to use the brilliant device switching of your program to dedicate certain asics for solo mining certain coins while the rest switch for most profitable.

Did you have the same issue? I hadn't heard of others experiencing the same issue. I knew it wasn't me, as CGminer works fine, however it's nice to know others see the same issue!

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
doctormandrake

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:19:52 PM

Thanks - got one other person who reported this as well so it does sound like a confirmed minor display bug. I'll get it addressed. Thanks for the feedback!

This glitch was only an issue with me for coins on the same pools (as the pool name stays the same) the workaround I am currently employing to know exactly what coin is actually being mined etc is just to leave the api window open, it says the actual coin there. A restart fixes it also (until the next coinswitch)

thanks for the info on coinwarz vs coinchoose also, I can just generate an email to get a new api every 1000, but that is a pain to do everyday ^^    It just isnt worth the 20bucks, maybe 2bucks, or you know, some BITCOIN! lol asking me for fiat to lookup cryptos. why I oughtta!   *grin*

Did you have the same issue? I hadn't heard of others experiencing the same issue. I knew it wasn't me, as CGminer works fine, however it's nice to know others see the same issue!

Yes, but it is an issue with bfgminer and not with this application. I have not been able to solomine on bfgminer, ever actually lol I primarily used cgminer in the past, until I got my ants and found it to be a headache with lots of hw issues on cgminer, but bfgminer runs smooth with ants.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: