Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:22:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Hoofprint

Activity: 428
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:00:42 PM

Even if they do post the rigs by 13th i still wont get it till jan.
With the import time and customs shutting down for xmas, looking at the mining dashboard no amount of MPP is going to ROI me even in fiat (7.7k for the rig and import fees)

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amer

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:20:31 PM

A company doesn't have to be engaged in a scam to be liable for damages. Savings losses are damages to be considered and will have to be covered by the balance sheet of the supplier if they don't live up to their oral or written promises. The only thing which you can say goodbye to is the potential profit derived from the purchase or costs for legal action.

Should the TOS conflict with those oral or written promises a judge will have to determine whether the particular terms would have had to be actively advertised by the supplier, i.e. making them initial off them individually. Also what needs to be determined is whether the promise was an attempt to mislead the customer - which goes into the direction of consumer protection - because consumer can't be expected to study TOS or consult a lawyer every time they make a purchase.

I'm not saying there isn't an argument for not meeting expectations and there seem to be plenty of people poring over whether or not specific statements of what we should expect are enforceable. I'm just saying being disappointed because you didn't receive what you expected is not the same as being scammed.

I think HashFast can wiggle out of the entire ROI argument by saying that they had a rosier prediction of the future difficulty than reality. In fact, if difficulty just stopped dead in its tracks between now and batch 1 delivery + 90 days, then everyone here would get their BTC back, as unrealistic as that sounds, it's "possible". I know nothing about legal matters, but it seems like if the possibility, as remote as it may be, still exists for customers to have the promises fulfilled, as long as they deliver the miners at some point and have enough "well, we can't predict the difficulty" language, then they're in the clear.

As for the refund in BTC/USD, I wonder if there's a precedent for someone paying for services in something like gold, the market changing, and then being paid back in not gold and that being unacceptable. That would be interesting if someone could find a helpful case of something like that.

My 2 cents: of the available options, the one that leaves me least out of pocket is getting the miner at some point and having a shot of getting my initial BTC back. A refund in USD is not acceptable, a settlement will end up in probably an unfavorable BTC/USD ratio and chance of losing even more money with no recompense. I feel dirty trashing HF on the forums because that is just pissing on my investment. I'm just a bit flabbergasted that they do not have enough sense to make some kind of attempt to communicate with their customers.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:21:40 PM

I might reach out to a few others in the future. Note that I'm not out to sue HF, merely to get a full refund in BTC as I am a day 1 customer covered by the original ToS. If I find an attorney that specializes in consumer litigation that is willing to take this case the most likely way forward is that they will draft a Letter of Demand. That would put the ball back in HashFast's court.

You don't need a consumer protection lawyer, you just need a contract lawyer. It's a pretty simple issue... no party to a contract can change the terms unilaterally like they're trying to do.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:24:46 PM

If anyone finds a contract lawyer that understands bitcoin, I would be willing to join.

2 x Batch 1 BJ's = 89.xx btc
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:33:56 AM

Look how many engineers talk in that video guys. I can count... Well, none.

Uhh your wrong As
Amy Woodard Is Lead Engineer

HashFast was founded by two engineers (Simon and Eduardo) with a history of success in tech startups.

https://hashfast.com/genesis/

This isn't their first rodeo.  They have no reason to be running a "scam" and every reason to ensure HashFast returns value to its customers.

All ASICs companies run into unexpected delays; expecting perfection is completely unreasonable.

Cedevaid risked more than he can afford to lose (probably money he stole borrowed from his mom's purse).

That's why he's acting so whiny and unreasonable.

Simon has a pedigree from no less than PARC (via Cambridge).  Cedavid doesn't even know what that means!   Roll Eyes

Simon earned his Master's degree from the University of Cambridge in the U.K. He has authored 6 patents. In addition to serving as the co-technical editor for the IEEE 802.11 standard, Simon also initiated the IEEE's 802.11k and 802.11z amendments.

http://www.parc.com/about/people/2220/simon-barber.html

Cedivad is not capable of recognizing, much less counting, engineers even when there are three of them glowing on a screen right in his stupid face.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:37:52 AM

Uhh your wrong As
Amy Woodard Is Lead Engineer

HashFast was founded by two engineers (Simon and Eduardo) with a history of success in tech startups.

https://hashfast.com/genesis/

This isn't their first rodeo.  They have no reason to be running a "scam" and every reason to ensure HashFast returns value to its customers.

All ASICs companies run into unexpected delays; expecting perfection is completely unreasonable.

Cedevaid risked more than he can afford to lose (probably money he stole borrowed from his mom's purse).

That's why he's acting so whiny and unreasonable.

Simon has a pedigree from no less than PARC (via Cambridge).  Cedavid doesn't even know what that means!   Roll Eyes

Simon earned his Master's degree from the University of Cambridge in the U.K. He has authored 6 patents. In addition to serving as the co-technical editor for the IEEE 802.11 standard, Simon also initiated the IEEE's 802.11k and 802.11z amendments.

http://www.parc.com/about/people/2220/simon-barber.html

Cedivad is not capable of recognizing, much less counting, engineers even when there are three of them glowing on a screen right in his stupid face.   Cheesy

nevertheless one question remains. where is the substrate that should have arrived at monday?
gjpminingco

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:40:49 AM

nevertheless one question remains. where is the substrate that should have arrived at monday?
I will Find this out Tomorrow ( Friday )

I will call my Contact at HF and see what they have to say about it

Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:42:05 AM

cedivad : not capable of recognizing, much less counting, engineers even when there are three of them glowing on a screen right in his stupid face.

vs

iCEBREAKER : has a broken watch still showing 2013, august

Who will emerge victorious?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:43:08 AM

cedivad : not capable of recognizing, much less counting, engineers even when there are three of them glowing on a screen right in his stupid face.

vs

I put my Money on Icebreaker

Hoofprint

Activity: 428

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:55:05 AM

vs

im going to go with cedivad, icebreaker has been put on almost everyone's ignore list

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:04:35 AM

im going to go with cedivad, icebreaker has been put on almost everyone's ignore list

Your logical fallacy is: argumentum ad populum.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-popularity.html

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/bandwagn.html

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:08:58 AM

For the sake of completeness of this troll attempt, let's quote my original post that caused the last half a page of nothing, of wanted and successful nothing in this thread.

On the other side, the cointerra marketing video... Well, was full of guys that weren't CEO or in marketing.

I keep thinking what i wrote.

That video is pure marketing bs. It's not even HF marketing, it's bitcoin marketing. It sounds like hey, buy a miner, you will be rich; not because of the product we are offering, but because of bitcoin that is gonna grow another 10 thousand times (btw, really? 1/100 of the world's GDP is only another 10k times growth? We are getting closer to the roof.).

On the other side, the cointerra video was on another planet. It wasn't focused on how the senate hearing was a "lovefest". There where not baby girls in there to lead to those positive feelings that we all felt when we saw them.

I keep thinking what i wrote, i've not seen a company in that video, i've seen a marketing department at work. If only you had putted that budget for the video into making some prototypes of the PCB for october, you would have your customers half as hungry. But you didn't expected that, did you?

Ice, fell free to go on with your failed personal attacks on me saying that i can't count, you are welcome and can already read your post before you even started to write it. You are so banal in your techniques. You really aren't worth what you are paid.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:10:20 AM

Hmmmm

Bet on Ice or Flesh Hmmmmmm

I will bed on ice since Ice destroys human flesh ( cuts, burns, tears Plus many many others ) so i always bet on Ice

gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:13:16 AM

For the sake of completeness of this troll attempt, let's quote my original post that caused the last half a page of nothing, of wanted and successful nothing in this thread.

On the other side, the cointerra marketing video... Well, was full of guys that weren't CEO or in marketing.

I keep thinking what i wrote.

That video is pure marketing bs. It's not even HF marketing, it's bitcoin marketing. It sounds like hey, buy a miner, you will be rich; not because of the product we are offering, but because of bitcoin that is gonna grow another 10 thousand times (really?).

On the other side, the cointerra video was on another planet. It wasn't focused on how the senate hearing was a "lovefest". There where not baby girls in there to lead to those positive feelings that we all felt when we saw them.

I keep thinking what i wrote, i've not seen a company in that video, i've seen a marketing department at work.

Ice, fell free to go on with your failed personal attacks on me saying that i can't count, you are welcome and can already read your post before you even started to write it. You are so banal in your techniques. You really aren't worth what you are paid.

Well we are just going off of what you wrote........ You said you saw no engineers in the vid well you were WRONG

Just admit that you were wrong and maybe get some of your Street cred back since you made your self look like you couldn't count

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:16:52 AM

Do you want me to say that barber and emy are supposedly engineers and that they where in that video, so i'm "WRONG"? Ok, you got that. You are right.
I shouldn't have used any kind of irony when dealing with what HF is doing in this thread, i will keep that in mind next time.

Thanks.

Oh, and i forgot, i can't count.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:24:37 AM

HEY U GUYZ, ACTIVEMINING IS BEING SUPER SECRETIVE SO COMPANIES LIKE U DONT LERN ANYTHING FROM OUR OPERASHUNS.  KEN MIGHT HAVE 100TH/S RUNNING RIGHT NOW BUT DOESNT WWANT U TO FIND OUT CAUSE IT MIGHT GIVE U AN EDGE.  FUCK WE R AWESUM.  BTW CAN ANYONE LEND ME 2 DOLLARZ?

Witness

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:35:04 AM

Ice breaker you need to get out more. Stop trolling around and do something,  like help hashfast come up with a better video. As far as I'm concerned batch3 is hashfast 's batch which they bought with our  btc. They made that video to suck more people in.
So I'm assuming batch3 is batch1 and they are going to Mine with it if they already haven't.

_HashFast Technologies_28 nm mining
Producer of High Performance ASICS  (IT'S A SCAM)
BabyJets & Sierras On Sale today!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:51:26 AM

HEY U GUYZ, ACTIVEMINING IS BEING SUPER SECRETIVE SO COMPANIES LIKE U DONT LERN ANYTHING FROM OUR OPERASHUNS.  KEN MIGHT HAVE 100TH/S RUNNING RIGHT NOW BUT DOESNT WWANT U TO FIND OUT CAUSE IT MIGHT GIVE U AN EDGE.  FUCK WE R AWESUM.  BTW CAN ANYONE LEND ME 2 DOLLARZ?

Everything about NDAken makes me laugh.

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:34:30 AM

As for the refund in BTC/USD, I wonder if there's a precedent for someone paying for services in something like gold, the market changing, and then being paid back in not gold and that being unacceptable. That would be interesting if someone could find a helpful case of something like that.
1930s monetary gold was confiscated and gold delivery contracts that were specifically designed as a hedge were invalidated.  If anyone wins anything from HF you will only get dollars not BTC and that's even if they kept the BTC since legal fiat is the only option when it comes to damages.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:10:16 AM

[...]  If anyone wins anything from HF you will only get dollars not BTC and that's even if they kept the BTC since legal fiat is the only option when it comes to damages.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/11/07/judge-orders-coinlab-to-pay-up-in-bitcoin/
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: