Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:45:19 PM

I also asked John about the delivery times of the next batches and upgrade chips and he has told me that they are going be shipped in order of payment. He told me that at full production they are limited by 700 boards per day
Lets hope boards come up next week and we could see units shipping soon. If they produce 700 units a day they will clear the shipping queue really fast

We all know that they are really late and what they have been doing about the shipping dates and Tos is not something we will forget so easy. I would say it's pretty dificult to reach the 700 units in a day production in a short period of time, but lets hope Ciara do its job. There is nothing more we could do also  Undecided

They haven't even hashed anything...  did he say anything about how it actually exists beside some felt stencil?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:52:51 PM

I also asked John about the delivery times of the next batches and upgrade chips and he has told me that they are going be shipped in order of payment. He told me that at full production they are limited by 700 boards per day
Lets hope boards come up next week and we could see units shipping soon. If they produce 700 units a day they will clear the shipping queue really fast

We all know that they are really late and what they have been doing about the shipping dates and Tos is not something we will forget so easy. I would say it's pretty dificult to reach the 700 units in a day production in a short period of time, but lets hope Ciara do its job. There is nothing more we could do also  Undecided

They haven't even hashed anything...  did he say anything about how it actually exists beside some felt stencil?

HF is sounding more and more like BFL every day!!  Theoretical Max production numbers LOL.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

I never saw chips from HashFast so i think it's safe to say they are vaporware too. Stop the bullshit. We only saw a picture of HF CEO holding a silver bag in his hands.

Edit: And HashFast isn't 3rd gen lol. It's 0 gen!

*SUDDENLY A WILD 3RD GEN ASIC APPEARS*

Just received directly from John. It's still hot  Cheesy

Boards should come this next week, so lets hope we see a Babyjet running soon  Wink

So RodeStress, I hear you like to make an ass of yourself on the internet...   Roll Eyes   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 10:01:39 PM

HF is sounding more and more like BFL every day!!  Theoretical Max production numbers LOL.

Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? 

I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again!  I need to pee again! 

Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? 

HF is keeping us updated so we know what's happening, yet you still whine and compare them to BFL.

If HF didn't give us a max production number, you would complain about that too!

You are not being reasonable by whining no matter what HF does/doesn't do.

The disgruntled high-maintenance customer thing is getting really old.

Why don't you STFU and let them finish building the machines?

Or at least give some credit where credit is due instead of straining to find a basis (no matter how flimsy) for complaint.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:03:31 PM

... scam again...  pfff.. Embarrassed
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:52:42 PM

Just received directly from John. It's still hot  Cheesy

Boards should come this next week, so lets hope we see a Babyjet running soon  Wink

If the chip substrates were the hold up then why are the boards not ready and waiting.  Is there a reasonable explanation for this because on the surface it looks like they are still being less than completely honest about what is going on here.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:57:25 PM

Less than honest? How dare you. The substrates are here because they said they were coming on Monday Nov 25. You mean you don't trust that they are there?

/sarc

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

Chips etched with week 48, 2013.  Roll Eyes

I think people would be a lot more understanding  of the delays if HashFast would just stop BSing about having had everything ready for an October release if it hadn't been for those pesky substrates.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:26:19 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 03:36:11 AM by iCEBREAKER

... scam again...  pfff.. Embarrassed

All the haters need to stop talking out of their collective ass.

"Scam?"  No sir; such false, defamatory claims about HashFast do not withstand scrutiny and are easily debunked.

Only a legitimate company

-incorporates in a heavily regulated jurisdiction like silicon valley, California  
(source: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=244486826)

-publishes a press release with Uniquify announcing their physical design partnership

(source: http://www.uniquify.com/uniquify-hashfast-ink-agreement-to-produce-asics-to-increase-hashing-speed-for-bitcoin-miners/)

-publishes a press release with TSMC announcing their wafer fabrication partnership

(source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hashfast-uniquify-announce-tape-golden-175723250.html)

-publishes a press release with Ciara announcing their exclusive system assembly and shipping logistics partnership
(source: http://bitcoinexaminer.org/hashfast-technologies-and-ciara-get-together-to-produce-bitcoin-mining-rigs/)

-publishes a press release with Sea Sonic announcing their agreement to produce PSUs
(source: http://www.seasonicusa.com/news31.htm)

-publishes their linkedin, biographies, pictures, and even a video of their home/office/babies
(source: http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonresume)

-publishes a picture of their wafers arrival in the CEO's hands

(source: https://hashfast.com/eduardo-decastro-ceo-receiving-the-wafers/)

-publishes a picture of their cut and bumped chip, complete with screen print

(source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3784751#msg3784751)

-publishes their chip spec sheet and innovative Global Work Queue interface protocol
(source: http://thegenesisblock.com/hashfash-announces-open-sourcing-bitcoin-mining-asic-interface-protocol/)

-works with ckolivas to ensure native cgminer support

(source: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/driver-hashfast.c)

-attends local meetups in San Jose and San Francisco
(source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309888.0)

-sponsors/attends Bitcoin conferences around the world

(source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yj-mmnRWYc)

-gives tours of their office to/has meetings with forum members
(source: https://hashfast.com/hashfast-opens-office-for-tours/)

-earns the endorsement of Hero Member cypherdoc

(source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270363.0)

Cool  Do the haters have any idea how utterly uninformed they look calling such a company a "scam?"   Wink
(source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3786529)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:28:11 PM

He told me that at full production they are limited by 700 boards per day

So thats 280TH per day, or 5-6 PH per month for HF alone.
Senseless, try redoing your math if CT, BFL  and all the others combined, each manage the same, so 20-25PH per month instead of your estimated 1-2 PH.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:49:27 PM

I think the biggest issue many of us have is the original initial shipment date seemed purely picked to interfere with knc and bitfury roll outs then a realistic implementation of their schedule.  True they covered their backside with caveats, but the intent seems to have been to deceive the community. 

Secondarily, I also think it very discouraging with the pace and lack of professionalism regarding the changes to their TOS.  They should have a history and revision numbers, like "terms of sales has been updated and version 1.1c is now in effect for new purchases.  To see older versions and the dates of applicability, click this link (link to extensive TOS archive)"

As it stands it gives their customers, who are buying a very high end product the feel of a used car bait and switch.  It doesn't reflect well on them.

That being said, I like that some information is being shared with the  community, but again, the odd decision to use a  community members rather than just coming on the board from an official rep, gives one pause.

Let's hope they are better at producing and shipping finished miners than they have been at the non engineering matters. Godspeed HF...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:03:44 AM

I think the biggest issue many of us have is the original initial shipment date seemed purely picked to interfere with knc and bitfury roll outs then a realistic implementation of their schedule.  True they covered their backside with caveats, but the intent seems to have been to deceive the community. 

Secondarily, I also think it very discouraging with the pace and lack of professionalism regarding the changes to their TOS.  They should have a history and revision numbers, like "terms of sales has been updated and version 1.1c is now in effect for new purchases.  To see older versions and the dates of applicability, click this link (link to extensive TOS archive)"

As it stands it gives their customers, who are buying a very high end product the feel of a used car bait and switch.  It doesn't reflect well on them.

That being said, I like that some information is being shared with the community, but again, the odd decision to use a  community members rather than just coming on the board from an official rep, gives one pause.

Let's hope they are better at producing and shipping finished miners than they have been at the non engineering matters. Godspeed HF...

Thanks for the refreshingly Haterade-free post.   Smiley

These are reasonable issues and must be addressed by HF in order for them to have a future as a trusted, successful ASIC vendor. 

The original anticipated ship date was wildly optimistic and assumed nothing would go wrong or encounter the slightest delay.

Only the greenest noob, lacking any prior experience with ASICs, expected that scenario would really happen.  Most of us experienced miners always assumed the actual date to be somewhere towards the end of the shipping window.

HashFast is very good (actually, the best) at designing and manufacturing Bitcoin ASICs; engineering is their core competence.  Writing Terms of Sale is not.

There is no "bait and switch."  HashFast promised to deliver the 400GH/sec Cadillac of ASICs, and that's what they're doing.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:08:45 AM

Yep it's a clear bait and switch. All the lies prove that. Announce that shipping dates in Oct so potential customers who were deciding between KNC, HashFast or BitFury would jump on HashFast instead. I mean no idiot would've picked HashFast if they had knew it was going to be shipped in mid December.

Hopefully HashFast customers will be able to ROI and hopefully the MPP actually comes in time... not 5 months later.

I wonder if people would still order/do business with them again if they were to announce a "gen 2" chip in 2014.

HashFast is very good (actually, the best) at designing and manufacturing Bitcoin ASICs; engineering is their core competence.  Writing Terms of Sale is not.

There is no "bait and switch."  HashFast promised to deliver the 400GH/sec Cadillac of ASICs, and that's what they're doing.

LOL strong shilling  Roll Eyes
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:11:48 AM

I'd rather wait and see what they can actually deliver is vs what their maximum capacity is.  Having a high daily capacity allows them to fill back orders quickly; but it doesn't mean that the build floor won't be idle waiting for chips.

Exactly. He told me that they are not happy, but that they are limited by those 700 boards a day, even Ciara can assenbly thousands a day. But as you pointed out, the thing here is how fast are the chips coming from TSMC to HF so they can take advantage of that huge assenbly capacity.
Nothing new about the hosting yet  Undecided

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:20:26 AM

Yep it's a clear bait and switch. All the lies prove that. Announce that shipping dates in Oct so potential customers who were deciding between KNC, HashFast or BitFury would jump on HashFast instead. I mean no idiot would've picked HashFast if they had knew it was going to be shipped in mid December.

Hopefully HashFast customers will be able to ROI and hopefully the MPP actually comes in time... not 5 months later.

I wonder if people would still order/do business with them again if they were to announce a "gen 2" chip in 2014.

LOL strong shilling  Roll Eyes

Are you claiming that HashFast isn't busy preparing to deliver their 400GH/sec Cadillac of ASICs?

If so, please cite a source for that claim, because all available evidence indicates they are, in fact, going to deliver the promised hardware by the promised date.

Also, please stop with the armchair lawyer talk.  You simply don't understand what "bait-and-switch" means. 

If you insist on misrepresenting an entirely predictable delay as a type of intentional premeditated fraud, at least familiarize yourself with the relevant concepts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

The latest projections put my Batch 1 Sierra's 100% BTC ROI at somewhere around 12 months.  I can live with that, especially as USD ROI goes to the moon.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:25:59 AM

Bait and switch has many meanings/type. Hashfast advertised for late Oct. Customers then find out there's nothing.

And now end up having to wait until end of 2013 for their product... if it ever comes. So they pretty much ended up paying a lot of money for a product that should've been cheaper.

entirely predictable delay

HA! That's easy to say once the date has passed already. Hindsight yeah? I'm good at that too. But an entirely predictable delay of 2 months? Doubt that.

they are, in fact, going to deliver the promised hardware by the promised date.

Wait. In the last quote you said there was a delay. So now there's no delay and that they are actually going to deliver on the date they promised? LOL

The latest projections put my Batch 1 Sierra's 100% BTC ROI at somewhere around 12 months.

With the MPP?
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:27:50 AM

The latest projections put my Batch 1 Sierra's 100% BTC ROI at somewhere around 12 months.  I can live with that, especially as USD ROI goes to the moon.   Cool

Did you seriously just type that?  So you are now in the business of risking BTC giving out 12 month loans that 'might' pay back your original value IF you can precisely gauge network hash rate growth over a 12 month period?

Give me a break man.  If anyone actually listens to your obvious shill nonsense they deserve what they get.  You ridicule and belittle EVERY other mining operation except Hashfast and ice drill.  Your game is transparent and getting old.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:30:34 AM

Did you seriously just type that?  So you are now in the business of risking BTC giving out 12 month loans that 'might' pay back your original value IF you can precisely gauge network hash rate growth over a 12 month period?

Give me a break man.  If anyone actually listens to your obvious shill nonsense they deserve what they get.  You ridicule and belittle EVERY other mining operation except Hashfast and ice drill.  Your game is transparent and getting old.

Quoting someone with that many ignores is an act of trolling in my book  Wink

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:33:00 AM

I cut the quote down for just that reason.  Sometimes it's nice to remind people why they ignored him in the first place.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:34:35 AM

Why are they concerned with 700 boards/day figure? Batch 1 is ~550 jets wasn't it? They need to concentrate on getting one fucking batch out to the people who paid the most $/GH.  Assholes, i swear.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: