Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:44:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:02:58 PM

few minutes ago from hashafast twitter account:

""" Things are moving quickly! We finally have the first Golden Nonce chip, we began testing it —sending the first current through the 28nm chip to see how it performs. So far, things are looking very good. HashFast co-founder and CTO Simon Barber to give us the play-by-play of the first tests. """"

"things are going quickly !"  .... he said??? ....  when they are supposed to shipped  their first batch 2 month ago?Huh!!....

what's a pitty...

(sorry for my bad english.. Wink )
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:07:34 PM

BTC refunds... Denied BTC refunds everywhere.

From what i understand, they don't have the boards yet, so they are using some strange setup to test the chips, but we will have to wait for the boards for better results (and once that they have the boards everything will go smooth).

On how many things i'm wrong? :|

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:07:58 PM

Nice hashfast, tell those Aussies they aren't building the hadron collider. These asics are pretty goddamn dumb. Slap em in and ship em out.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:08:57 PM

when they are supposed to shipped  their first batch 2 month ago?Huh!!....

one month ago to be correct but I'm afraid they manage to send out the devices before christmas.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:19:15 PM

https://hashfast.com/hello-world/

Things are moving quickly! We finally have the first Golden Nonce chip, we began testing it —sending the first current through the 28nm chip to see how it performs. So far, things are looking very good. HashFast co-founder and CTO Simon Barber to give us the play-by-play of the first tests.

We brought up IOVdd first. Up to 1.8V — draws less than the minimum 10mA the bench supply reads.
    Next core. Something odd was observed here. Initially, we saw high current draw as we brought the voltage up, reaching 0.7V where it was drawing 2.5A. As the voltage increased a little over 0.7v the current suddenly dropped to 82mA. It stayed there up to Vddcore=0.8v. This odd pattern of high current at low core voltage was repeatable. RST held low. MODE and BYPASS were held high. PLLVdd pulled to Vdd. All other inputs seemed to float low, with a 1Mohm impedance probe.
    Next CLK was applied — first 37Hz. 4mA increase in Vdd core current. Took chip out of reset. No change. Next increase clock speed, this increases current. In a couple of steps, we got it to 6Mhz, where the core Vdd was drawing 548mA.
    After a few minutes, we turned things off. On retrying, we didn’t find the same odd, high current during ramp of core Vdd. Perhaps this was due to CLK floating then, and not since?

Calling it a night, having trouble getting the serial port levels shifted correctly. Will continue in the morning.

— Simon

Over the next few days, the HashFast engineering team will be working intensely as they subject the GN to more tests. As we’re able to get them to break and give us an update, we’ll let you know how it’s going.

Simon will also be tweeting on the HashFast account — if you’re interested in seeing the results as the they come, follow us @HashFast on Twitter.

Hooray!

There is light at the end of the tunnel.  All you concern trolls, disgruntled obsessives, and misc haters can now stop worrying.

PCBs are fast and easy to make.  They have these newfangled things called "robots" that can populate a PCB with components in seconds.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:30:10 PM

Things are moving quickly! We finally have the first Golden Nonce chip, we began testing it —sending the first current through the 28nm chip to see how it performs. So far, things are looking very good. HashFast co-founder and CTO Simon Barber to give us the play-by-play of the first tests.

We brought up IOVdd first. Up to 1.8V — draws less than the minimum 10mA the bench supply reads.
    Next core. Something odd was observed here. Initially, we saw high current draw as we brought the voltage up, reaching 0.7V where it was drawing 2.5A. As the voltage increased a little over 0.7v the current suddenly dropped to 82mA. It stayed there up to Vddcore=0.8v. This odd pattern of high current at low core voltage was repeatable. RST held low. MODE and BYPASS were held high. PLLVdd pulled to Vdd. All other inputs seemed to float low, with a 1Mohm impedance probe.
    Next CLK was applied — first 37Hz. 4mA increase in Vdd core current. Took chip out of reset. No change. Next increase clock speed, this increases current. In a couple of steps, we got it to 6Mhz, where the core Vdd was drawing 548mA.
    After a few minutes, we turned things off. On retrying, we didn’t find the same odd, high current during ramp of core Vdd. Perhaps this was due to CLK floating then, and not since?

Calling it a night, having trouble getting the serial port levels shifted correctly. Will continue in the morning.

— Simon

Over the next few days, the HashFast engineering team will be working intensely as they subject the GN to more tests. As we’re able to get them to break and give us an update, we’ll let you know how it’s going.

Simon will also be tweeting on the HashFast account — if you’re interested in seeing the results as the they come, follow us @HashFast on Twitter.

Hooray!

There is light at the end of the tunnel.  All you concern trolls, disgruntled obsessives, and misc haters can now stop worrying.

PCBs are fast and easy to make.  They have these newfangled things called "robots" that can populate a PCB with components in seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/x95kGwG.jpg

Sorry, I can't enjoy my champagne. first I have to know if the will also deliver the 4 extra modules along with the initial shipment to make their customers (investors) happy and in a good mood to come back and by more from HF.

amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:31:14 PM

— Simon

Hooray!

I feel bad for HF because icebreaker does more harm than good their reputation and they can't really silence him, because he's "trying to help".

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:33:52 PM

Sorry, I can't enjoy my champagne. first I have to know if the will also deliver the 4 extra modules along with the initial shipment to make their customers (investors) happy and in a good mood to come back and by more from HF.

They have already stated they will not, "anticipated delivery of MPP is after 31 January".  Key words are after anticipated and after.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:36:16 PM

awww... all these robots are busy at the moment,

so this project has a very high probability to be not finished before xmas. So no delivery this year.

But hey, no problem if they deliver a great product, I have no doubt they work hard to do this and probably are on the right way.

..and (I nearly forgot to mention) if I get 2 full sierras instead of my batch 1 Baby-obsolete-Jet by mid January 2014
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

They have already stated they will not, "anticipated delivery of MPP is after 31 January".  Key words are after anticipated and after.

what should i say?  Cry

EDIT: my plan in August was not to order from HF but then I got a very promising Email from them where they announced their super innovative MPP but I missed to ask a lawyer about that and so unfortunately I ordered. call it a good marketing strategie.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:44:55 PM

Reconsider your selfish, unreasonable expectations and you'll be able to enjoy some bubbly.   Smiley

HashFast has already paid for your extra MPP chips and they are being made at TSMC.  So relax and raise a toast.

You'll get them after the other orders have finished shipping.

Do you really expect HashFast to prioritize your MPP boards over other customers' initial shipments?

That's totally unreasonable.  Stop being so greedy and stop ignoring the plain text of the ToS ("after 31 Jan") to which you agreed.

Bulls can make money.  Bears can make money.  Pigs get slaughtered.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:48:32 PM

— Simon

Hooray!

+1 !!
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

That's totally unreasonable.  Stop being so greedy and stop ignoring the plain text of the ToS ("after 31 Jan") to which you agreed.

nothing to do with greedy. the convinced me to pay with BTC (what I never did before neither after) with a marketing trick which is not half promise as it's sound. paid nearly 50 BTC and I will make back 10 BTC with their initial shipment. and never make back 40 BTC with the 4 extra modules which they will ship in the middle of February. be fair and stay to facts, buddy!

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:00:22 PM

btw what happened to their public order system on their website, webmaster?

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:05:17 PM

— Simon

Hooray!

+10 man !
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:16:32 PM

+10 man !

They wont do that. Is sugested that and the answer was a big no long time ago. The ugrade chips are coming after the 2nd batch and the MPP chips after 31st of January. They could have done the things well time ago by switching the BJs into the sierras to compensate, but as their schedule was to deliver by late December they are doing the things really well covering their back with legal tos.

By the way, did I miss the part of how much hashing power is the chip mining or they just wanted to post some technical update that says "we are still testing the chip" and we have no pcbs  Embarrassed

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:19:23 PM

Hooray!

+10 man !

You both know the number of chips initially available is limited and all of them are spoken for.

And yet, you both persist in your delusion that HashFast can magically create 400% more chips than actually exist right now.

Such wishful thinking is childish.  Your pony will arrive soon.  You don't need to complain that anything less than 5 ponies is unacceptable.

Huh  How do you expect HashFast to provide everyone with 400% more chips than actually exit?   Huh

Neither of you have a good answer to that question, but that won't stop you from pouting like spoiled, entitled brats.   Cheesy

Visesrion, it's obvious you don't know enough about EE to follow (IE comprehend) HashFast's technical updates.

Let me translate for you: The PCB is done, but the chip is still being brought up to full speed in the test bed.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:32:43 PM

They have already stated they will not, "anticipated delivery of MPP is after 31 January".  Key words are after anticipated and after.
Actually, in that ambiguous and useless statement the word anticipated is actually a good thing. Although I'm sure they didn't mean it this way, it still leaves open the possibility of before Jan 31.
The more accurate wording they probably should have used would be the wonderfully open ended "delivery of MPP is after 31 January"
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:38:18 PM

Sorry Icebreaker, but long time ago HF claimed that they have already ordered and paid the 2nd batch and MPP chips, so now 2 months after that I think they got plenty of time to get the chips.
Apart from that, why they refuse from day 1 to change (by paying the difference at that time) a BJ order into a Sierra one ?
Why the hell you offer a BJ range product if you are thinking on offering a product with x3 hashing power one month later at the same price ? Now with the delay that gap will be nothing

And about the chip or pcb, until I see the chip mining on a video I do not care what they write down. Sorry but if I were at the front of a company with so much money invested by the customers, I will take the mobile or any electronic gadget around and make lot of videos and pictures even it was a tiny update, specially if you are already 1 month late and making them lose money each day

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:49:29 PM

lulz

"After a few minutes, we turned things off. On retrying, we didn’t find the same odd, high current during ramp of core Vdd. Perhaps this was due to CLK floating then, and not since?"

are they REALLY going to ship this into your hands this month?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: