Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166597 times)
JinCrypts

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:09:58 AM

Now very soon we seen new type of services.
Merit service in telegram groups, pay for merit(
Shitposter detected, you're bashing the newly requirement to rank up because the account youre using is just an alt. Although it might happen but still i believe the admins and DT will punish those who do the pay for merit service.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p4n71

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:01 AM

I've been thinking, what if your quality post is good and on point but still nobody merit you because they dont give a sht for the merit system or they're lazy to do so. So the conclusion is they will be stuck at their current rank?
I just thinking of that..  i'm not yet understand about this system, maybe i should read and learn at several time
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:21 AM

This is going to be a real surprise element for many  by the time they log into their accounts today. The most pained would be those below the member rank for their zero merit accounts as they won't be able to place their liking on any constructive posts of their choice. No doubt, this development will help reduce spamming incidents and account farming. Also, it will make many high ranking accounts go dormant in frustration once the inability to get merits increases.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:51 AM

So from now on, if I want to become a Senior Member I need other people to send me 250 Merit point?
Plus 240 activities?
Yes, but they will send merit points based in your post quality that is why if you want to rank up you need to create more constructive and eye catching post to get more merit points.
This new features will avoid shit poster or it will be warning to all members of this forum to improved our post quality to get merit points and able to rank up our accounts, also i think this would be a basis by the manager for accepting applicants in the campaign.
We should appreciate it in order to get and generate some good quality stuff. It will now not be only a race to complete the number of posts just for being to rank up and to complete the number of posts per week for a signature campaign. I am glad that our knowledge as well post quality both will increase. Members whose post quality is not up to the mark, have a great opportunity to bring it up without blaming others for negs.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:14:31 AM

I've been thinking, what if your quality post is good and on point but still nobody merit you because they dont give a sht for the merit system or they're lazy to do so. So the conclusion is they will be stuck at their current rank?
I just thinking of that..  i'm not yet understand about this system, maybe i should read and learn at several time
It might take a while, but I see no reason why people won't use this. At least some will use this feature generously.

My one concern might be that there will become parts of the forum where it is easy to get Merited and parts where it is difficult. We may need a more even distribution of 'sources' of sMerit to ensure everyone has a good chance.
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:14:39 AM

I don't think many users will waste their time clicking on +Merit and waste few seconds of their life just to give someone some merits.
I waste my time reporting spam and bullshit to the moderators, over and over again.
Now I can be constructive and reward good posts instead of punishing bad ones.
I would say that is an improvement.

a. A person can give only smerits to max 5 members per day .
This limits my ability as a source. I want to spread the sMerit I have (200ish right now), but with that, I couldn't right now.
I would be limited to give many sMerit to a few people, rather than giving a few sMerit to many people (eg 10 to 20 newbies to help them rank up).

not all members like you / vod / lauda / mprep etc .

some of you guys cant do this , we need all senior members of this forum to do it with honesty , if you think it is possible then we will meet after 2 months .
JinCrypts

Activity: 170

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:14:47 AM

Well let the flow takes you, we are currently new to this newly implemented system so basically time will help us to adopt to the change, Maybe after a week or so everybody will start merit each other, but make sure that they will only merit quality post, not the shit post of their alts or friends.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
husnanparebok

Activity: 182
Merit: 43

Just Post Junk Posts

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:14:59 AM

ok all admins/mod please read this , if you find it helpful then implement it -

solution to make sure smerits get distributed on daily basis to most of eligible members without any fraud -

1. increase smerit supply first .
2. to check fraud implement these rules -
b. a member cant give smerit to same person again until he give it to 5 other different members .
c. any member who shared his smerit to less than 5 members in a month , reduce few merits from his account . bcoz he is like inactive member of forum .
d. a member can give only maximum 20 smerits to other member in a month . it will help in stopping grey market .
OR if a member have 100 smerits then he cant send more than 20% of his merits to same guy in a month .
e. all the existing members who are already at highest rank , they should receive at least 20 merits per month form other users to keep maintain their rank , those who fails get penalty of -20 merits .
f. will think more and edit the same post .

I apreciate for your solution, hope theymos will implement it for better merit system.
and you will get my first sMerit...
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This is going to be a real surprise element for many  by the time they log into their accounts today. The most pained would be those below the member rank for their zero merit accounts as they won't be able to place their liking on any constructive posts of their choice. No doubt, this development will help reduce spamming incidents and account farming. Also, it will make many high ranking accounts go dormant in frustration once the inability to get merits increases.

I Member rank, the low member that also feel frustration.

Dilireba

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:17:13 AM

I think Merit is good function that must be added a long time ago. It can prevent spam posts with no quality.
Every one must concern what they are posting and their posts must be constructive.
Because that recently many members just want to spam their posts.

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:17:58 AM

solution to make sure smerits get distributed on daily basis to most of eligible members without any fraud -

b. a member cant give smerit to same person again until he give it to 5 other different members .

c. any member who shared his smerit to less than 5 members in a month , reduce few merits from his account . bcoz he is like inactive member of forum .

d. a member can give only maximum 20 smerits to other member in a month . it will help in stopping grey market .
OR if a member have 100 smerits then he cant send more than 20% of his merits to same guy in a month .

e. will think more and edit the same post .

That’s not really fair. If someone like Stephen Gornick was still around he would probably get all of my sMerit all the time. He was the most truly helpful and unbiased person on this forum. He would have deserved to get more than others and more from one person.

Oh, don’t tell me Stephen Gornick is still here, he’s not.

This person: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2811617.msg28777253#msg28777253
Is not this person: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109741.msg1193039#msg1193039
Unless he was in a car accident and had half of his brain removed.

iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:18:58 AM

I don't think many users will waste their time clicking on +Merit and waste few seconds of their life just to give someone some merits.
I waste my time reporting spam and bullshit to the moderators, over and over again.
Now I can be constructive and reward good posts instead of punishing bad ones.
I would say that is an improvement.

This limits my ability as a source. I want to spread the sMerit I have (200ish right now), but with that, I couldn't right now.
I would be limited to give many sMerit to a few people, rather than giving a few sMerit to many people (eg 10 to 20 newbies to help them rank up).

Yes thats a good point, but don't you think it'll be better if we have some kind of SPAM merit button, like if someone receives 10 spam hits in a day then 1 merit can be deducted from his/her balance.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:21:16 AM

not all members like you / vod / lauda / mprep etc .
some of you guys cant do this , we need all senior members of this forum to do it with honesty , if you think it is possible then we will meet after 2 months .
This is a big game changer, this is the first time the community can influence ranks. They have been cemented based on time so far, they no longer are.
This is also the first implementation towards a forum sanctioned option for punishing spam and shitposting, even though it's working the other way around right now
(it works with rewards rather than punishments right now, but intended result is the same thing).
This is a huge token of trust that theymos is giving the users. It's a responsibility to use the system in a constructive way.
What you are saying is, we as a community need to step up to this responsibility. I would agree.

Yes thats a good point, but don't you think it'll be better if we have some kind of SPAM merit button, like if someone receives 10 spam hits in a day then 1 merit can be deducted from his/her balance.
I think more needs to be done. I'm not 100% sure about how that should look like.
I can however appreciate taking first steps in the right direction.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:23:28 AM

If the merit system gave stars next to a user's name, with visible icons,
It does, in the form of your rank.

- Like I said before, VISIBLE ICONS - Like stars for example. Trust me, I don't say this as a random opinion, I say it because I saw ATS during the glory days and used it daily. That system is much better than this for reasons I already listed. The more visible a merit score becomes and the button to add to the merit score, the more people will use it and value its use.

and did NOT cost merit to be given merit, then this might work better.[/b]
It doesn't cost merit. It costs sMerit, whose only purpose is to be given out.
- I meant it costs a fixed resource to give someone else  merit (basically an upvote). If this is the case the resource pool should be increased for all ranks as many other users have already stated.

dautay_crypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:23:53 AM

I think this new system would be great if it was implemented originally. Also, it is kind of sad that ranks just inherited certain amounts of merit. People with high ranking accounts pretty much just got the biggest hook up that could have been provided to them. I mean seriously, I think if the team here at bitcointalk reevaluates this after a month or two and realize what they did, they will end up reverting some things with this new "merit" system, or doing away with it all together.

About a decade ago, ATS (Above Top Secret), the greatest forum in the world back then, had a similar system with start ratings for each person and post. Their system was MUCH better in terms of design and functionality. Maybe take a look at that and redo this change which will only make it even more difficult for members to rank up. Some people, who contribute often and with quality, deserve a system that makes it easier for them to rank up.

If the merit system gave stars next to a user's name, with visible icons, and did NOT cost merit to be given merit, then this might work better.

Just my 2 cents.
yes, it is not fair for users. In fact, I don't know how long which I need to collect enough merits in order to be upgraded to Full Member. That rule require a lot of time and intensive efforts. Otherwise, earlier users, by which I mean older accounts than me, just older a little bit, had to spend around 6 months to be Full Members. Anway, I have to follow the new rule, but really hope that admin can adjust it a little bit for users.
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:24:11 AM
Merited by PoolMinor (1)

e. will think more and edit the same post .

That’s not really fair. If someone like Stephen Gornick was still around he would probably get all of my sMerit all the time. He was the most truly helpful and unbiased person on this forum. He would have deserved to get more than others and more from one person.

Oh, don’t tell me Stephen Gornick is still here, he’s not.

This person: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2811617.msg28777253#msg28777253
Is not this person: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109741.msg1193039#msg1193039
Unless he was in a car accident and had half of his brain removed.

ok so you guys (lutpin too) think giving many smerits to few members is ok than giving few smerits to many people .

you talk like those icos who limit their minimum whitelist investment to 10 ether or 1 btc . favoring whales ..

always remember if some one gave you something precious then divide that carefully , its not about whom you like most or who helped you , here you are doing it for community , smerits are not for showing you love to dear ones .

and also , even if you give 1 extra smerit to same guy , then remember there will be one more guy who will miss that 1 smerit which you could have given to him .
bill gator
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:27:57 AM

I just had an idea that isn't necessary, but it may be helpful. I was just looking through my "Latest Posts" and I was thinking that it might be nice to have the addition of a "Merit Count" beside each post. Not much of a function, but it would make things better looking.

Although this may or may not be put to rest by just adding a public Merit Page for each user, similar to trust as has been suggested earlier.

▄█
   ▄██▌
 ▄████
▀▀▀█████▀
  ▐███▀
  ██▀
  ▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████
███████████████████
██████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██
██
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█▀▀███████████▀▀█▄▄
▄████▄▄███████████▄▄████▄
█████
███▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████
██▀▄██████▀████▄▀███████
███████▀▄█████▀ ▐█████▄▀███████
██  ███ ████▀   ▀▀█████ ███  ██
██████▄▀█████  ▄█████▀▄██████
██████▄▀███▌▄██████▀▄██████
██
██████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
▀█
███▀▀███████████▀▀████▀
▀▀█▄▄███████████▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████

██████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
▀██
█████████▀   ▀███████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▀▀
..SPORTS  │  CASINO  │  ESPORTS..
..BET NOW..
judypug1956

Activity: 355
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:29:26 AM

so this is philipma1957 alt account in case of a hack as my philipma1957 account does lots of work here.

1956jUdYPFwiBSzt9AECdWj3KE4WV7taiM I can't do 1957philma.. for btc address the i are not allowed This is a secondary account for Philipma1957, don't do business with this account deal with philipma1957
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:30:03 AM
Merited by Payapa (1)

Trivia:

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year.

So much grateful for it. Thanks for being fair to all the members here who worked hard on making sure they rank up accordingly. Also, the Merit and new rank requirement is a good avenue for the whole forum community to have a better and healthy exchanging of ideas and not just sharing a blabber all around. This will surely empower the members to produce quality posts over time. This will also for sure encourage highly educated people to join the forum since they don't just see low-quality posts.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7762

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:31:16 AM
Merited by judypug1956 (2)

judypug1956 is my alt account  so before I get punished or yelled at I am looking to send 2 points from judypug1956 to philipma1957

has anyone done this test yet?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:31:52 AM

Asking for Merit is also against the rule?Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: