Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:37:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166364 times)
chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:10:05 PM

And in a half second, without warning anyone, you destroyed their hope or at least postponed them by several weeks.
It's totally useless as a system. Please admin, change the rules.

I don't think it is useless I think the new system certainly has merit (see what I did there Roll Eyes ) but the implementation to me was a problem. Also you need not give people the next rank but you could have made merit 1-1 at the minimum so that somebody who has 479 posts doesn't get 250 merit but rather gets and deserves 479 merit.

Interesting idea. So this merit system is similar to a social media like correct?

I like the idea because it will make it harder for individuals to farm and sell accounts.

Overall the idea itself is great but I think how it got implemented was not the best idea. For starters I think an announcement of changes would have been best because those who were close to new ranks could have achieved them without problem (I got my Full Member barely but I still feel for those who missed out). I still however like the fact we will reduce shitposters and get rid of two and three word posts that is a net positive!

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fobrins

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:13:27 PM

Hm I think that there is not enough merit points. Even though the system could be good.
Everybody wants quality, but we might blew it with low points.
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:14:17 PM

Hm I think that there is not enough merit points. Even though the system could be good.
Everybody wants quality, but we might blew it with low points.

the point of the merit system is to stop accounts like you from ranking up so fast to be very honest lmao
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:14:23 PM
Merited by mprep (1)

Early observations are that the topic starter is receiving several merits, whilst any thought out responses aren't receiving any not including this thread. I generally like the idea of this and supported it when it was first suggested. 

I already don't like the way clicking on +merit takes you away from the thread.  Can you please have it open in a new window?

Yes just faced it, Try to Keep pressing Ctrl before clicking "+Merit " It will pop the window in another tab.

I also have a question. Do we get Merit after getting a new rank or we have to earn Merits from other users? If that's the case then even if I reach 1200 activity I will not have Legendary rank unless i have required merits for that, Is that correct?

You have to earn it through other members. Otherwise, this merit system wouldn't do what it's suppose to do as several members would be able to bypass the merit system by just waiting long enough.
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:14:49 PM

I don't agree with this system.

You are creating the definition of "Rich people maintain rich, poor people will be poor forever."

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.

And a lot of projects need bitcointalk rank level such as bitsend airdrop (need Legendary rank), so it is much harder if this new system running.

If you are trying creating a block and keep your high rank level people safety, you are successful. Congrat to devs.

And I lose my faith in this forum. I will still read and post in this forum but not in supporting anymore.

If a new forum created and quality much better than you, I will go a new place.

However, there is already some new forums with high quality already exist such as Steemit.

Good luck with your Merit score and congratulation to those who reached Legendary rank one more time (by now, they are get the most benefit of all thing in this crypto-world).

Thank you for your Feedback.

Kind Regards Christian

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:16:21 PM

satoshi FTW

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=3

Seriously folks, quit sucking up, he's not gonna share that premine with you  Grin
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:16:28 PM

And in a half second, without warning anyone, you destroyed their hope or at least postponed them by several weeks.
It's totally useless as a system. Please admin, change the rules.

I don't think it is useless I think the new system certainly has merit (see what I did there Roll Eyes ) but the implementation to me was a problem. Also you need not give people the next rank but you could have made merit 1-1 at the minimum so that somebody who has 479 posts doesn't get 250 merit but rather gets and deserves 479 merit.

Interesting idea. So this merit system is similar to a social media like correct?

I like the idea because it will make it harder for individuals to farm and sell accounts.

Overall the idea itself is great but I think how it got implemented was not the best idea. For starters I think an announcement of changes would have been best because those who were close to new ranks could have achieved them without problem (I got my Full Member barely but I still feel for those who missed out). I still however like the fact we will reduce shitposters and get rid of two and three word posts that is a net positive!

In terms of account farming then this should greatly reduced shit posting but in terms of shit posting which is as a result of signature campaigns then it could have little effect. It is actually all dependent on how signature campaigns react to these changes. I understand that Jr Members can no longer have links in their signature and so you could see that Sig campaigns will now only be for Member+, alternatively sig campaigns may still allow Jr Members to participate and produce signatures without links in them, similarly to how some have done so in the past with newbies. If this happens then it will have little or no effect on the spam from signature campaigns. In fact we may see a scenario where it is worsened, as these guys can no longer hope to reach a rank higher than Jr. Member their post quality might in fact deteriorate as if they are banned they only lose a Jr. Member account which they can easily produce another one in just 1 month. Previously they could be losing weeks of work to get a Member or above ranking and so they may have taken a little more care with their post quality.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:17:52 PM

Early observations are that the topic starter is receiving several merits, whilst any thought out responses aren't receiving any not including this thread. I generally like the idea of this and supported it when it was first suggested.  
Topic starters in general have an inherent advantage since that's usually the first post users see and in the case of ANN-like threads, the post they primarily come for. See reddit's frontpage for examples. Not much we can do about it aside from leading by example (whoops  Tongue).

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:20:22 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsend

In less than a day we already sent more sMerits (11k+) than sources will gain in a month (~8k). Anyone knows how many sMerits have been distributed to existing members?
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:22:14 PM

Hi I am reading this Merit system  and people are claiming it wil stop spam.
But I did not understand how it stop spam. Spam will stop when you enforce some check to curb the spam or punish the spammer.
Adding one more point for advancement of rank only stop people advancing rank.

One think I am not understanding from where people get impression only lower rank member spam and legendary/Hero cannot spam.

If we want forum constructive, legendary are more experienced and a new rank created on top of them that make a competition between them and I think we might really see some good articles but instead we distributed free pass to them.

There is no fix guideline how to give merit . (Oh Tom like Harry post so he will give merit to Harry is rubbish, Some criteria to be fixed when the post is worthy of merit). I think this will just create new type of market like buy and sell of merits/ buying of legendary accounts etc.

Within an hours we have examples of system abuse (where people get Merits for worthless post) Nobody know in future how much this merit system will be abuse.

Again leaving all things behind, Administrator please explain clearly what problem we are trying to solve here.
If it is spam , how it will be stopped when there is no system to punish the spammers.
If it is for creating some constructive in this forum then why the most experienced in this forum are exempted to do anything positive in this forum?

I am alive
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:23:14 PM

I like that you can see your stats, but in the Merit summery it only shows Merit. Maybe it can show sMerit also so you know how much you can currently send? Wink

:]
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6142

Jambler.io

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:25:08 PM

hmmmm...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1052653

Today at 08:19:21 AM: 25 from Webcelerator for [ANN][ICO]TradeBit - Пpилoжeниe для yпpaвлeния кpиптoй
Today at 08:18:59 AM: 25 from Webcelerator for Re: [ANN][PYX] PriorityEx - КPИПTOBAЛЮTHAЯ БИPЖA

Today at 12:02:22 AM: 1 to Bitonly88 for (Deleted)
Today at 12:00:26 AM: 1 to Bitonly88 for (Deleted)
January 24, 2018, 11:56:27 PM: 1 to Bitonly88 for (Deleted)

Nice that theymos managed to make the merit public that fast

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:26:07 PM

It is good to have rating system but linking ranks to rating is awful decision.  Undecided
You cannot only promote those students who get 90% to next class, one getting 40% has equal chance to study ahead!

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:26:12 PM

Topic starters in general have an inherent advantage since that's usually the first post users see and in the case of ANN-like threads, the post they primarily come for. See reddit's frontpage for examples. Not much we can do about it aside from leading by example (whoops  Tongue).
That's true. I'm just hoping this system will reward people who generally think of their replies and not those who are posting 'news' and annoucement threads. I see what you did there  Grin

Hi I am reading this Merit system  and people are claiming it wil stop spam.
But I did not understand how it stop spam. Spam will stop when you enforce some check to curb the spam or punish the spammer.
Adding one more point for advancement of rank only stop people advancing rank.

One think I am not understanding from where people get impression only lower rank member spam and legendary/Hero cannot spam.

If we want forum constructive, legendary are more experienced and a new rank created on top of them that make a competition between them and I think we might really see some good articles but instead we distributed free pass to them.

There is no fix guideline how to give merit . (Oh Tom like Harry post so he will give merit to Harry is rubbish, Some criteria to be fixed when the post is worthy of merit). I think this will just create new type of market like buy and sell of merits/ buying of legendary accounts etc.

Within an hours we have examples of system abuse (where people get Merits for worthless post) Nobody know in future how much this merit system will be abuse.

Again leaving all things behind, Administrator please explain clearly what problem we are trying to solve here.
If it is spam , how it will be stopped when there is no system to punish the spammers.
If it is for creating some constructive in this forum then why the most experienced in this forum are exempted to do anything positive in this forum?

It's not a perfect solution, but it does prevent users building up accounts and joining signature campaigns. It isn't likely to affect those who are already higher ranked members. But, it will prevent account farmers, and those simply who don't deserve higher ranks because they spammed their way to it.

This system also relies on those giving merits to not just give it out randomly and to posts they agree with. I'm hoping the sources have been picked carefully and those sources will use the system for what it was implemented for.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:26:24 PM

I like that you can see your stats, but in the Merit summery it only shows Merit. Maybe it can show sMerit also so you know how much you can currently send? Wink

You can see your own sMerits:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit

It's fine if other users' sMerits are not visible. Less begging.
smajler

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:27:26 PM

So merit is something like "like". It may be but it seems to me that it's hard to get a higher rank because someone has to give up their merit points.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:27:44 PM
Merited by AdolfinWolf (1)

I have an ideal for this merit system, just cross over my minds. How about we reset everyone's merits in this forum back to 0 ? The current activities will be kept as usual but everybody in this forum have to be contributing to get back their ranks? Cause it seems unfair when there are TONS of Legendaries and Hero Members that contributing nothing to this forum still get the fucking high-rank position member before this was implemented. Just an ideal, not native english speaker but i do know how to speak english. Smiley
P/S: If this ideal was performing , i truely believe that everyone in this forum will work as best as they can to contribute good posts/ideals and that would made this forum become such as a fucking wow-shit forum.
For all of you, who was legendary and hero that this system is cool , brilliant , bla bla bla ,... Will you accept to reset your merit point back to 0 ? Reset everthing for a better place?

I have been here since 2013 and was into BTC before I joined the forum.. I have forgot more about bitcoin than you will ever know.. I have made BTC, made great investments in alts.. Lost what is now ridiculous amounts of fiat in bad investments and scams.. over 150 BTC... can you say you have even cut your teeth yet?

I remember when BTC had a market cap in the millions.. when BTC-E was the center of alt trading... when MTGox went pop... went through multiple bubbles.. built GPU miners to be honest I dont know why I am even bothering to reply to such a moaning post from you as you are coming across as entitled.. I wont go on..

JUST NO.... EARN SOMETHING!

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:28:10 PM

You can see your own sMerits:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit

It's fine if other users' sMerits are not visible. Less begging.

Ah, you're right, silly me, i completely missed it. Feel silly now lol

Edit: does seem to show something different if you go to your profile and click the Merit link though..

:]
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:29:43 PM

So merit is something like "like". It may be but it seems to me that it's hard to get a higher rank because someone has to give up their merit points.

No, no one has to give up their merit points. Read the OP please.
glennmatthew

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:29:50 PM

I have an ideal for this merit system, just cross over my minds. How about we reset everyone's merits in this forum back to 0 ? The current activities will be kept as usual but everybody in this forum have to be contributing to get back their ranks? Cause it seems unfair when there are TONS of Legendaries and Hero Members that contributing nothing to this forum still get the fucking high-rank position member before this was implemented. Just an ideal, not native english speaker but i do know how to speak english. Smiley
P/S: If this ideal was performing , i truely believe that everyone in this forum will work as best as they can to contribute good posts/ideals and that would made this forum become such as a fucking wow-shit forum.
For all of you, who was legendary and hero that this system is cool , brilliant , bla bla bla ,... Will you accept to reset your merit point back to 0 ? Reset everthing for a better place?

I don't think that is a great idea.

This forum would not grow to where it is now, if not for such Legendary and Hero members. No forum accumulates so much traffic without the help of members. If there is nothing interesting or helpful to read, why would anyone come to this forum? For that you need active members.

Although I am a little dissapointed that I've only got 250 merits, I think it is fair that the Legendary and Hero members are rewarded for their efforts.

You can not possibly believe that members who posted over 1000 posts, have never helped someone out??

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: