Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2018, 07:17:03 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 81674 times)
Chrystora123

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:07:29 PM

Merit system is very good,
Merit can improve someone in doing Post and can reduce misunderstanding whether someone did shit post or not and I worry "Merit on sale"

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Finanser

Activity: 79
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:08:19 PM

Sorry for my bad English....
Great idea? Less than a day after the news, Merit is already sold! This is the birth of another gray market.

♦ ♦ GIMMER ♦ ♦  |  THE SMART WAY TO INVEST IN DIGITAL CRYPTOCURRENCIES!   [ TOKEN SALE 01/FEB/2018 ] (http://token.gimmer.net/)
Benezim

Activity: 378
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:09:14 PM
Merited by Dudeperfect (2)

I would also like to have the possibility to see who gave me a merit and for which post. This way I would also be able to self-correct in the terms of quality.

Difficult to find, but there is a way

Check your merit stats here

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
TheQuin

Activity: 672
Merit: 672

Freebitco.in Forum Dude https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:09:21 PM

I saw someone had a gold member under their name. What does that mean?

That hilariousandco he a moderator so can set anything he wants as a custom title. In this case, he is keen for theymos to add additional ranks to copper so it's a way of bringing attention to the idea.

Saks92

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:11:28 PM

Merit system is very good,
Merit can improve someone in doing Post and can reduce misunderstanding whether someone did shit post or not and I worry "Merit on sale"

It can be indeed,

But it can be something that company will use for bounty/airdrop selection ... and in that case ... will complicated everything.
Idk ...

People already begins to sell/buy merit, as i think the only way to control this, it's about a full control of merit, full traceability .. anyway i think mods are smart ... let's see what it will happen !  Cheesy Cheesy

TomCrypto

Activity: 336
Merit: 51

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:11:36 PM

Hi there!
Interesting concept about the merit points.
My concern is that some people got 100 or more points because they were already at high rank of activity.
But it's quite unfair because those merit points were given only fully not gradually. Wouldn't it have been possible to give the initial merit point not in term of full rank but in term of activity?
To be more precise I will take my personal example. In one week I should have got from member to full member due to my activity.
Due to the fact I'm currently member I only got 10 merit point. But to be full member I will need to earn 90points of merit.
This is unfair because it's like all the activity I manage to do in the last month is nothing.
Could you give the initial merit point proportionnaly to the activity? After that every one will need to increase both it's activity and merit point but it will be more fair to start with proportionnal merit points.

Thanks

jimmywh

Activity: 98
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:12:38 PM

Regarding demerit, I really think it would be abused to "punish" people you disagree with, rather than punishing low quality posts. I can't even imagine the drama it would create on the forums with tears and hurt feelings.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1071

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:14:11 PM
Merited by EcuaMobi (2), ibminer (1)

Few comments (while I'm still scanning through the thread):

1 - Trading merits may not be allowed, but it'll surely happen. Therefore your spendable balance is worth something (it also appreciate the value of your account), that encourages hoarding.

2 - What's the current, rough number of merit sources (MS)? If regular (non-MS) members are not rushing to spend their merits, then it would be mainly on MS to be responsible for ranking up worthy members, so you need to make sure that MS are present on every board (including local boards). Also, if I send 2 merits to someone and he can only spend 1 of that, that means 1 gets destroyed, that creates scarcity and the distribution will rest predominately on MS members.

Each source has a different limit per 30 days. The current average is 185, and in total up to 8125 merit could be created per month.

This seems waaay too low. And shouldn't this limit be somewhat flexible and tied to total activity/new registrations etc?

We could use some clear guidelines on how to use the system, i.e.:

- there's a large number of posters who are genuine (not only here for profit) but not outstanding in creating good content (they would ask sensible question, participate and be genuinely interested in discussions etc). Should members (especially MS) be encouraged to tip such users for their general "an OK" level of posting, just to help them rank-up, or should we just accept that vast majority could never reach higher ranks? I don't see anything particularly wrong in the latter.

- example: signature campaign manager promises to send 5 merits at the end of the period to each participant, as a reward for their constructive posting (if they haven't been kicked-out during, that means manager must've seen them as constructive). Should this be allowed, or viewed as "merit trading" (merit points in exchange for advertising)?

- if I know a member, think his quality is "OK" but not outstanding, can I send him 10 merits to any post as a reward for overall contribution (to help him rank up), or will this be seen as suspicious and potential merit-trading, for which I could get red-tagged?

Edit:

...There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.

From any signature-camp participant perspective: not sharing points benefits me, as I make it harder for new ones to rank up and become a competition for me, making it easier to get the spot in campaign and could keep payment rates higher. It also increases the value of my account.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1317

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:16:03 PM

I just realized something, the ath last year means Goat paid nearly a million dollars to be a VIP member of this forum only to have a tantrum and leave to start a forum that failed. That would have bought him a few more Lamborghinis. If I was theymos I’d be laughing my ass off. LOL

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:17:18 PM

I saw someone had a gold member under their name. What does that mean?

That hilariousandco he a moderator so can set anything he wants as a custom title. In this case, he is keen for theymos to add additional ranks to copper so it's a way of bringing attention to the idea.

Ah, got it. Thanks

D-Fault

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:18:45 PM

By the way as I see I can send sMerit to myself. I think you gotta fix that, looks like a bug.
InvestorBelarus

Activity: 42
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:20:32 PM

Someone is trying to sell Merit.

1 Merit=1$

Only some persons who are real altruists will vote for other posts and not sell Merit for money.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1967

Let's make Bitcointalk great again!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:21:11 PM

By the way as I see I can send sMerit to myself. I think you gotta fix that, looks like a bug.
Let me test that.

Update: you cannot send merit to yourself:

athanz88

Activity: 392
Merit: 350

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:21:58 PM

So basically ,you're just making sure that members with low ranks keep their low ranks so you don't get less stakes during bounty campaigns ?

It's also good for those who wanna sell accounts ,right ?

If what you want is better posts ,just get rid of gimmick accounts ,delete useless posts...get more mods .

Roll Eyes

I haven't read the whole thread but I'm pretty sure I'm saying what everybody here thinks but is afraid to say .

1. Pretty sure id that members doesn't make a good post, he/she will ended up in the same rank ever.

2. Selling account is unacceptable, we can know that by the quality of the post, if it drops dramatically, people wont give them merit points and we can surely know that the account is already sold.

3. You think it is an easy task to delete useless post, rid fake account, and not to mention how much the fees for more mods hired?

4. Everybody? well not mine for sure. I believe this merit point is great yet a hard and challenging things, but it is needed for making a better community.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
Better. Quick.

Transparent.

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:23:22 PM

1 Merit=1$

Only some persons who are real altruists will vote for other posts and not to sell Merit for money.

They are not “trying” to sell merit, they’re already doing it in Turkish subsection thread.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1180

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:23:57 PM

1 Merit=1$

Only some persons who are real altruists will vote for other posts and not to sell Merit for money.

Who is trying to sell merit? Some links?
It may be hard to spot sellers but they risk getting flagged by DT. We must try and find the sellers

D-Fault

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:24:32 PM

1 Merit=1$

Only some persons who are real altruists will vote for other posts and not sell Merit for money.

I will definitely use my Merit to vote for those rare people who is generating content, helping others and creating an interesting threads. Only that way I can help this forum to become a better place with a nice folks.

Let me test that.

Update: you cannot send merit to yourself:

Thanks for your help, I just used all my Merit for today so wasn't able to check this thing.
athanz88

Activity: 392
Merit: 350

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:25:09 PM

1 Merit=1$

They are not “trying” to sell merit, they’re already doing it in Turkish subsection thread.

Well, i guess there will be red and ban going over the forum right now. It is sad indeed to see that this new and great system to fight against spammer becomes a commodity for trading for some minor profit. I hope Admin and Mod know this and can do something about it. In factm they should do sonething about it, to make this forum a better place.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
Better. Quick.

Transparent.

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
petuhov

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:29:16 PM

From the look of things,legendary members do not need merits anymore.That is to say,it does not affect them in anyway.But they are those that are currently being given the higher number of merits by others. Hardly will you see a newbie or a jnr member being given a merit so far.Well,the merit system just started and we cant jump to conclusion how the trend will be.But i foresee that lower ranked members will struggle to get merits. I must say that this is an important check system that has been put in place,but i see myself being a newbie for another year or two. Grin Grin Grin

If you cant get 10 merit over 2 years you deserve to be a newbie* for two years :p

*Jr member

It is easy to get 10 but 500 or 1000 is very hard even in 2 years. I am sure they will make changes to this.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:34:12 PM

1 Merit=1$

Well, i guess there will be red and ban going over the forum right now.

Yeah, I guess. It’s almost impossible for mods to catch everything happening on this forum though. When you start talking about all the various language boards it becomes completely impossible.

A perfect example would be the Korean thread. MatthewNWright was a semi-respected troll on this forum that became the mod for the Korean thread because he was an expatriate living in Korea and was fluent in Korean. He ended up banned because he didn’t know when to shut his mouth and fucked up a few times. I can see Matt ignoring the sale of sMerit and no one would know it was happening.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.