Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166366 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:30:33 PM

So merit is something like "like". It may be but it seems to me that it's hard to get a higher rank because someone has to give up their merit points.

It shouldn't be compared to a 'like' a like is something totally different. It's likely what these merit points will be used for but, hopefully merit points won't just be given out to posts because they agree with them, but because they provide new discussion, and well thought out arguments/points.

Even if you disagree with a post, if it brings up valid points and decent discussion then it should be merited in my opinion and I'm hoping we'll see this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BronxCats

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:31:06 PM

I certainly understand the logic for this system. But it's going to be extremely hard for legitimate people to rank up. While those who have connections...

But I truly understand the logic behind it all. I just hope to get the ten merit points that I need. But I just don't see people putting that extra work even if they liked a comment. They'll just move on to the next.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:31:43 PM

Ah, you're right, silly me, i completely missed it. Feel silly now lol

Edit: does seem to show something different if you go to your profile and click the Merit link though..

Yeah, that's the public link with the u= parameter. Remove that and you get your private status page. Or click on +Merit next to any post, will show the same thing.
tambenile

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:34:30 PM

I have an ideal for this merit system, just cross over my minds. How about we reset everyone's merits in this forum back to 0 ? The current activities will be kept as usual but everybody in this forum have to be contributing to get back their ranks? Cause it seems unfair when there are TONS of Legendaries and Hero Members that contributing nothing to this forum still get the fucking high-rank position member before this was implemented. Just an ideal, not native english speaker but i do know how to speak english. Smiley
P/S: If this ideal was performing , i truely believe that everyone in this forum will work as best as they can to contribute good posts/ideals and that would made this forum become such as a fucking wow-shit forum.
For all of you, who was legendary and hero that this system is cool , brilliant , bla bla bla ,... Will you accept to reset your merit point back to 0 ? Reset everthing for a better place?

I have been here since 2013 and was into BTC before I joined the forum.. I have forgot more about bitcoin than you will ever know.. I have made BTC, made great investments in alts.. Lost what is now ridiculous amounts of fiat in bad investments and scams.. over 150 BTC... can you say you have even cut your teeth yet?

I remember when BTC had a market cap in the millions.. when BTC-E was the center of alt trading... when MTGox went pop... went through multiple bubbles.. built GPU miners to be honest I dont know why I am even bothering to reply to such a moaning post from you as you are coming across as entitled.. I wont go on..

JUST NO.... EARN SOMETHING!

Your post makes nosense .Just drive to another thing.Shitty post.
ralle14
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1870

dice9.win

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

I already don't like the way clicking on +merit takes you away from the thread.  Can you please have it open in a new window?

Yes just faced it, Try to Keep pressing Ctrl before clicking "+Merit " It will pop the window in another tab.

To make his explanation clearer we have to press Ctrl and left click at the same time.

The scroll button that was suggested by Lauda is much easier but this is also a good alternative if the scroll and right click button of your mouse are both broken.

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:38:08 PM

I have an ideal for this merit system, just cross over my minds. How about we reset everyone's merits in this forum back to 0 ? The current activities will be kept as usual but everybody in this forum have to be contributing to get back their ranks? Cause it seems unfair when there are TONS of Legendaries and Hero Members that contributing nothing to this forum still get the fucking high-rank position member before this was implemented. Just an ideal, not native english speaker but i do know how to speak english. Smiley
P/S: If this ideal was performing , i truely believe that everyone in this forum will work as best as they can to contribute good posts/ideals and that would made this forum become such as a fucking wow-shit forum.
For all of you, who was legendary and hero that this system is cool , brilliant , bla bla bla ,... Will you accept to reset your merit point back to 0 ? Reset everthing for a better place?

I have been here since 2013 and was into BTC before I joined the forum.. I have forgot more about bitcoin than you will ever know.. I have made BTC, made great investments in alts.. Lost what is now ridiculous amounts of fiat in bad investments and scams.. over 150 BTC... can you say you have even cut your teeth yet?

I remember when BTC had a market cap in the millions.. when BTC-E was the center of alt trading... when MTGox went pop... went through multiple bubbles.. built GPU miners to be honest I dont know why I am even bothering to reply to such a moaning post from you as you are coming across as entitled.. I wont go on..

well it got me a merit... one more than you.. HA HA HA!

stop moaning about people who are more successful than you. Its like being in a sales office, there are the failures who moan about those more successful than them and then there are the grafters who look around them and emulate the positive traits,

you son are a moaner, a blamer.. not  a doer.. not a winner..

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
crafty

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:41:34 PM
Merited by asapjoshyy (1)

Wouldn't this be a problem for cases like mine where I was near to becoming sr. member (238 points when this change happened) and instead only got 100 merits, so even if this week I will have above 240 activity, I will have to wait to get to 250 merit points?

150 likes would take significant time and why would people give away their merits if they also need it for their rank promotion?

These questions may have already been answered, and I will read the whole thread to know more.

coinsniperX

Activity: 404
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:48:53 PM
Merited by glennmatthew (1)

It seems like I will ATN (All Time Newbie)  Grin And It doesn't matter, except the time between posts, that 360 seconds makes me angry)
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:26 PM
Merited by crafty (1)

Wouldn't this be a problem for cases like mine where I was near to becoming sr. member (238 points when this change happened) and instead only got 100 merits, so even if this week I will have above 240 activity, I will have to wait to get to 250 merit points?

150 likes would take significant time and why would people give away their merits if they also need it for their rank promotion?

These questions may have already been answered, and I will read the whole thread to know more.

same boat buddy, we need to get to 250 merit now even if we have enough activity Sad but we got this
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:30 PM

giving merit doesnt take away from your merit pool. There is a seperate pool, smerit that is used.
tambenile

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:43 PM

well it got me a merit... one more than you.. HA HA HA!

stop moaning about people who are more successful than you. Its like being in a sales office, there are the failures who moan about those more successful than them and then there are the grafters who look around them and emulate the positive traits,

you son are a moaner, a blamer.. not  a doer.. not a winner..
I don't see any success from you in here. See? You're complacent about yourself , keep laughing at people who has lower rank then you . Well , just an ideal, say whatever you want because it's not effected me at all Smiley .
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 2185

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:50:43 PM

It seems like I will ATN (All Time Newbie)  Grin And It doesn't matter, except the time between posts, that 360 seconds makes me angry)
You already have enough merit to become Jr. member. Now you just need the activity Wink

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
glennmatthew

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:59 PM

I gave you one merit to contribute to your rank up and put you at peace.

I can't imagine what 360 between posts must feel like!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
tambenile

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:52:24 PM

48 page in 1 day and it's not finish ...  Shocked    

I dont understand, what is merite ?  

Grin

It's Marry ( theymos's lover ) + Riot ( theymos plays LOL ) = Merit.
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:53:54 PM

You already have enough merit to become Jr. member. Now you just need the activity Wink

So what about others who were super close to moving to the next rank like I was? Now i must wait for 250 more merit. I feel like it should have been distributed based on activity. Most all of my posts have been quality as my account is closely related to another service.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:56:08 PM

So what about others who were super close to moving to the next rank like I was? Now i must wait for 250 more merit. I feel like it should have been distributed based on activity. Most all of my posts have been quality as my account is closely related to another service.

if that's the case, then your move up after hero will be much quicker.. as you are posting quality shit...

well that is yet to be seen as people will only give merit to quality posts now... so you may have to think about what you post even more... then you see we will have a quality forum as everyone will be thinking about posts and adding value.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
donalfonso

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:58:54 PM

This new arrangement means newbies,and jr members have to do a lot more interesting and eye catching activities on this forum to increase their membership ranking, while hero members upwards can be in a much more relaxed and laid back position regarding their activities and posts.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
sanek59

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:01:26 PM

The problem is that nobody will put merit to Newbie and Jr. Member because they will be able to give nothing in exchange
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:02:35 PM

I think that we need to review the formula for raising the rank:
Rank = number of posts * time of arrival on the forum * merit * activiti;
That Merit was not the main factor of raising the rank on the forum, because the shadow business for the sale of merit will be huge.
And the multiplayer will be an order of magnitude smaller.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:03:34 PM

I think that we need to review the formula for raising the rank:
Rank = number of posts * time of arrival on the forum * merit * activati;
That Merit was not the main factor of raising the rank on the forum, because the shadow business for the sale of merit will be huge.
And the multiplayer will be an order of magnitude smaller.

Anyone abusing merit will be easily to identify especially if they are selling it to random accounts. Not to mention this should prevent people from farming hundreds of accounts and selling them.

The problem is that nobody will put merit to Newbie and Jr. Member because they will be able to give nothing in exchange
People will be newbies & Jr members for longer, which means as long as they keep on posting well thought out posts they should increase over time. I'm glad that the amount of merit needed is high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: