Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 09:46:36 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 82137 times)
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:37:26 PM

For the everyone User and admin, Staff here at this forum. Good day, Can I recommend the merit and new rank requirements.  Admin Theymos said that
  ("While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.")

Legendary accounts don't need or care about merit requirement because they are already at the max rank. I want to recommend on the high position right there,  What if the legendary accounts have a job or obligation to give merit to the lower ranks, 14 different accounts or user to every two weeks and it will be reset the merit system in the 2nd week the same time in the activity. This is only my recommendation. I hope that everyone will understand it.  Thank you and God Bless.

Everything that makes you vital     |     B i t V i t     |       PRE-ICO    July 1st, 2018
●        FACEBOOK        ●        TWITTER        ●        YOUTUBE        ●        TELEGRAM        ●
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Whitepaper  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1130

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:39:11 PM

It is easy to get 10 but 500 or 1000 is very hard even in 2 years. I am sure they will make changes to this.
Nonsense. Look at Lutpin: he went from 500 to over 1000 in less than a day. Granted, he's an exceptional individual, but it proves that the path to Legendary status is not impossible.

Will pretend to do unverifiable things (while actually eating an enchilada-style burrito) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
Chair ee law

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:40:46 PM

i kind of like the idea. but in some points like sending merits, i think this will the foul play of the main purpose which is to give more quality posts. some will just beg for it or someone may sell it privately. i think some amendments is necessary to improve this new ranking requirements. though i find it good for the forum community.

... Uchit...

.......................The Hub of Communication and Collaboration..........................
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ⧱⧱⧱⧱ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram      YouTube

...Uchit ...
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1317

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:45:54 PM

Hey, all of you important moderator type peeps out there. You wanna check out this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819169.0

Google translate sucks but it was good enough for me to get the gist of that’s happening.

kivo2004

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:52:03 PM

It is unfathomable to me how little people understand about the impact of this change.

This is basically the folks up there telling us: "Tell me something I like and I'll reward you with a merit"

It completely takes away from the decentralized aspect of this forum and as other folks have rightly pointed out, opens a whole can of worms for a black market to trade these merits.

The moderators are trying to defend themselves by saying that they don't have the time to check on all the spam posts but why not give certain tasks to the community and award them with merits or points or whatever instead?

It would be more concrete and beneficial to the advancement of this place.

_____ DSTRA (https://dstra.io) ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA (https://dstra.io) _____
S.Sandberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

Found my post helpful ? click "merit" please ;)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:52:09 PM

LOL so basically someone is trying to launch a merit market.

on a bitcoin community, its pretty obvious that some people here are gonna have to buy merits to get up.

also i would like to show that excepted some senior/VIP/moderators members.

Next to no one got "merit" points. and the thread already has almost 40 pages.

this means to my humble guess, that its gonna take me and other entire year to reach the "full member" level. (ven though its only 40 activity points away ).

where the hell am i gonna find 90merit points ?

if this system is here to stop people trying to climb the scale up, then it is an absolute success.

it is not that i need a profile pic so bad, but i hardly understand why one would need to make it so difficult Huh

anyway i'm not especially negative toward this, i'm quite used to natural selection, and fairness is just a human concept, not a reality.
InvestorBelarus

Activity: 42
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:52:50 PM

Someone is trying to sell Merit.

1 Merit=1$

Only some persons who are real altruists will vote for other posts and not to sell Merit for money.

Who is trying to sell merit? Some links?
It may be hard to spot sellers but they risk getting flagged by DT. We must try and find the sellers

I was told that this offer was in closed telegram chat.
StelioKontos

Activity: 560
Merit: 265

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:54:42 PM

Hey, all of you important moderator type peeps out there. You wanna check out this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819169.0

Google translate sucks but it was good enough for me to get the gist of that’s happening.

Note that it's not stated anywhere yet by the mods that you can't sell/buy (s)merit points, so they aren't actually infringing any rule yet. I'm taking the first post of this thread as reference of course, not some n-th reply.

freebitcoin     ZOIN !!! IntenseCoin     flypme     Oyster     BOTTOS     NIX
BTC faucet & more     coin             coin                            c2c exchange   token              token                 dex manager
InfernoShcam

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:54:51 PM

The way I understand is that if you give merits to someone you lose that merit yourself am I right in thinking this? If this is true you could potentially derank by going below the rank requirements by giving people merits.
jimmywh

Activity: 98
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:55:33 PM

It is easy to get 10 but 500 or 1000 is very hard even in 2 years. I am sure they will make changes to this.
Nonsense. Look at Lutpin: he went from 500 to over 1000 in less than a day. Granted, he's an exceptional individual, but it proves that the path to Legendary status is not impossible.

And exactly why do you think he went from 500-1000 in less than a day?

Hint: It is not because he is hung like a moose.

It is because all people with less seniority merits the people with high seniority, and all the people with high seniority merits the people with high seniority. It is like a four-five star merit bukkakke.

StelioKontos

Activity: 560
Merit: 265

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:55:57 PM

The way I understand is that if you give merits to someone you lose that merit yourself am I right in thinking this? If this is true you could potentially derank by going below the rank requirements by giving people merits.

Sir, you didn't understand.

freebitcoin     ZOIN !!! IntenseCoin     flypme     Oyster     BOTTOS     NIX
BTC faucet & more     coin             coin                            c2c exchange   token              token                 dex manager
TheQuin

Activity: 672
Merit: 672

Freebitco.in Forum Dude https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:56:34 PM

Note that it's not stated anywhere yet by the mods that you can't sell/buy (s)merit points, so they aren't actually infringing any rule yet.

It is stated that a merit source cannot sell them. If you're not a merit source then you'll quickly run out of sMerit to sell, so I can't see this being a big problem.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:56:53 PM

So basically ,you're just making sure that members with low ranks keep their low ranks so you don't get less stakes during bounty campaigns ?

It's also good for those who wanna sell accounts ,rights ?

If what you want is better posts ,just get rid of gimmick accounts ,delete useless posts...get more mods .

Roll Eyes

I haven't read the whole thread but I'm pretty sure I'm saying what everybody here thinks but is afraid to say .

It's a lost battle, no matter how much mods you hire, you can't keep up with the spam. A mod will clearly not check every thread post by post, It's also worth mentioning that users don't even do their part for reporting spam. This has nothing to do with less stakes, I'm pretty sure theymos never participated in these bounty campaigns. The value of accounts may increase but spammers gonna spam and will eventually get banned, as for those who are high quality posts then there is no need to buy an account in the first place, right?

Just because a battle seems lost doesn't mean you should stop fighting. By your logic, let's just stop banning spammers then? because there will be spammers with or without merit system.

And yes, you are right, a lot of people forget to report even the most obvious spammers, but what makes you think people aren't going to forget to give merit points as well?

And as all merit systems, they will be gamed/exploited. Namely, now we'll go from some broken-english shitposter trying to reach Legendary to some broken-english shitposter trying to reach Jr Member (which is achievable with 0 points of merit) in order to put a bunch of Jr Member accounts in signature campaigns, so it may even increase spammers as they will assume it is simply impossible to get higher ranked accounts anymore and instead of focusing in one account, they will focus on bulks of Jr Member accounts. I don't think it solves the basis of the gross volume of spammers which are the lowest value ones. I can tolerate the less obvious spammers, but ultimately the hardcore shitposters will still remain active.

No matter what, you are going to need mods to get care of that, it's a constant work that needs to be done. You can't ruin the forum for everyone else by adding anti-privacy friendly requirements on the registration for instance.

Other potential exploits include "merit sources" giving merit to other accounts which they control (impossible to prove), or someone negging you because you give merit to someone that you like but they hate, or someone thinking you are giving merit to an account you control when you aren't and so on.
iasenko

Activity: 322
Merit: 478

Vod's BTT Public Information Project - bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:58:14 PM

You report all the spams accounts you created from your main account and there you have Merit points for reporting spammer.
Merit points are awarded for good posts, not for valid reports to moderators.
The problem is non-existent as the reward is non-existent. You didn't understand how the system works.
Read the OP again.

I was following the thread for while and it was mentioned that there will be a rewards system for reporting spam. I can say that I do understand the whole concept of the Merit system and I totally agree with it. I guess the reward system for reporting spam was just a user proposal.
Just wanted to thank you for doing this, answering all these questions. It's appreciated Smiley

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1317

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

Note that it's not stated anywhere yet by the mods that you can't sell/buy (s)merit points, so they aren't actually infringing any rule yet. I'm taking the first post of this thread as reference of course, not some n-th reply.

It’s not that I think it’s wrong (check my signature). I pointed out in my first post in this thread that it would be interesting to see how long it would take for someone to game the system. It took less than a day. LOL

Hovhannes

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

XDNA - Most innovative cryptocurrency in 2018

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:59:31 PM
Merited by Busido (1)

Without amendments, the forum will eventually clog up from the shadow trade. Corruption will grow.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:59:40 PM

Let say if I've 1000 smerit and I'm refuse to spend them until the end of season/month.
Will I got another 1000 smerit for new season/month ?

Well it's seems that merit abuse business already start.

Not all poster as good as Lutpin's , that's why it's difficult for them especially when english is not their mother language

ankit10

Activity: 714
Merit: 262

ICO Listing - Best ICO List at CryptoCreed

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:00:53 PM

How i can know who sent me sMerit?

▄████▀
████▄               ▄████       ▗▟██████████████▄    ▐██████████████████▙▖
██████▖           ▗██████     ▗▟██████████████████▄  ▐████████████████████▌
███████▙         ▟███████    ▄█████          ▀████▀  ▐████            ▀████
█████████▖     ▗█████████   ▐████▀             ▀▀    ▐████            ▄███▌
█████▀████▙   ▟████▀█████   ████▌                    ▐███████████████████▌
█████ ▝█████▄█████▘ █████  ▐████                     ▐████████████████████▙▖
█████   ▜███████▛   █████   ████▌                    ▐████            ▀█████▖
█████    ▝█████▘    █████   ▐████▄            ▄██▄   ▐████             ▐█████
█████      ▀█▀      █████    ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████  ▐████            ▄█████▌
█████               █████     ▝██████████████████▀   ▐█████████████████████▛
█████               █████     ▄████████████████▀     ▐███████████████████▛▘
                             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
MyCryptoBank
CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY
Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WHITEPAPER ──────────────────────────
johhnyUA

Activity: 980
Merit: 631

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:02:52 PM
Merited by mprep (1)

And how we can fight with such things?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2770539.msg28896442#msg28896442

50 merits for useless post. Multiaccounts  Cheesy

dava0404

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:03:37 PM

essentially forcing people to post, what is even considered high quality anyway? As i think i have said before, the basis of a forum is to have questions answered, i.e. i have x problem, please help, then the community kicks into gear and helps, this has always been the way when i have had tech problems, either the asker or the answerer i have been and this works.  Wouldnt the best way be as forums have always been, we have moderators who simply kick the idiots out, nice and easy!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.