Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2018, 08:15:38 AM *
News: ♦♦ Bitcoin Core users must update to 0.16.3 [Torrent]. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 80772 times)
AgataFox

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:16:29 PM

The system is good, but not ideal! Perhaps this is due to the fact that system only introduced today.

Newbie and Jr Member did not give any merit so that they could develop the account. In any sphere of life and activity there must be competition. In this case, it turns out that a person of high rank should go into the branch of beginners, re-read topics and give some good several merits. The busy people will not have time for this, and, in general, wishes too.

Another nuance: the forum is like an analog of the labor market for new projects! Many people will be eliminated. From high ranks, someone does not works with the bounty, someone takes only high-paying projects, someone switched to trading. As a result, you can get a crisis in the labor market. After all, bounties give a good increase in investment. And as a result, many projects simply can not collect even softcap, not because they are bad or unpromising, but because advertising in our time is the engine of progress.

Plus there is the issue of fighting multi-accounts! Why should a big boss give merits to a lunfamiliar dude, if he has a farm of accounts and he needs to raise himself !!!

It should be possible to earn merits yourself, even if it's difficult, longer than activity, but it should!

The idea is good unconditionally, you need to do something with a senseless flood on the forum, but we need improvements!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prehisto

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:17:44 PM
Merited by ashaksagnis (2)

Although I think that this was necessarily to find some kind of solution for increasing post quality.
The initial merit score which was given to each individual is not fair.
For example,me. My account In old system would be ranked up to Sr.Member after one week. But now after Merit I am back as I just become a Full Member regarding Merit.

I would have calculated initial Merit in respect to Activity .

In addition , I am not sure that I understand the Merit system completely.
When I Merit someones post, do I give out my own Merit?
Or  I have some-kind of merit balance which i use only for "voting"?

The Aryl Platform Powered By Rubius
A Trio of Wallet, Exchange and Payment Services

Website Twitter Telegram Whitepaper ANN Bounty
Code:

[hr]

[center][b]Senior Member[/b][/center]

[center] *Image Removed* [/center]
[code][center][table][tr][td][tt][size=2px][color=#e8223a]
    █████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀▀████████
████▀▀        ▀███████▀        ▀▀████
██████████▄▄     ▀█▀     ▄███████████
██████████████▄       ▄██████████████
██▀▀      ▀█████    ▄██████▀▀     ▀██
██████▄▄   ▄▄█▀    █▀  ▀█▀    ▄██████
███████████▀     ▄███▄      ▄████████
█████████▀       ▀███▀█▄    ▀████████
██████▀     ▄█▄    ▀   ██▄    ▀▀█████
██▀▀    ▄▄██████▄     ██████▄    ▀▀██
█████████████▀  ▀█▄    ▀█████████████
██████████▀     ▄███▄     ▀██████████
██████▄      ▄▄████████▄▄     ▀▀█████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████
[/td][td][/td][td][center][url=https://rubius.io/][b][size=7pt][u][color=#006c89][color=#005b6f]  The Aryl Platform [/color]  [color=#000]Consumer Friendly Payment App  [i][sub][color=#006c89]▆[color=#007495]▆[color=#007ca2]▆[color=#0084ae]▆[color=#008cba]▆[color=#0094c7]▆[color=#009cd3]▆[color=#00a4e0]▆[color=#00acec]▆[/sub][/i][/u][/size]
[size=8pt][color=#005b6f][b]PRODUCTS UNDER RUBIUS DEVELOPMENT[/color]
[color=#eb3438][u][i][sub][color=#eb3438]▆[color=#df3437]▆[color=#d33337]▆[color=#c73336]▆▆[color=#bc3335]▆▆[color=#b03334]▆▆[color=#a43234]▆▆[color=#983233]▆[/sub][/i]         [color=#eb3438]Multi-Asset Exchange[/color]     │     [color=#eb3438]RUBIEX[/b][/td][td][size=21pt][i][font=arial black][color=#006c89]▐[size=10pt] [/size][color=#293145]█[/size][/td][td][/td][td][center][b][font=arial][size=8pt][url=https://twitter.com/Rubius_Inc]TWITTER    [/url] ⚫ [url=https://t.me/rubiuschat]    TELEGRAM[/url]
[url=https://rubius.io/rubius-whitepaper.pdf][color=#eb3438][b]  W H I T E P A P E R  [/b][/color][/url]
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3254617.0]ANN THREAD[/url] ⚫ [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4450732]BOUNTY THREAD[/url][/td][td][/td][td][size=21pt][i][font=arial black][color=#eb3438]▐[size=10pt] [/size][color=#293145]█[/size][/td][/tr][/table][
[/code]
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:19:06 PM

Is there a summury where I can see all my posts which received merit from others? I see that I got 5 merit so far from somebody but it is just pain to scroll through all my posts that I have made in the past to see which one got merit. I think this should be a handy feature as it will allow us to simply have an overview what kind of posting could potentially earn us merits from other users and what type of posts should we continue posting.

with this new system, I think there will be certain parties who act very powerful, and as if they want to be rewarded for it, maybe that's the system I understand, I still hope there will be a wiser system than this , because I think it will be a lot of the members who will continue to be on the same rank for a long time, even if they make an amazing post, it will have no effect before he gets merit.

Yeah I must say you are right to one point, specially seeing your were close to Sr member and basically you got put down to have to post in order to get merits. I seem to need like 100 merits for full member now. There might be time where you will not get merits for long time, so all you can do actually to try to get them is to post more often good quality posts nothing more. In some way it is good by "forcing" people to be more engaged into community if they want to rank up.
TheQuin

Activity: 672
Merit: 672

Freebitco.in Forum Dude https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:20:57 PM
Merited by ManaMan (1)

Is there a summury where I can see all my posts which received merit from others?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit

Turan100

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:22:35 PM

So the main purpose of this is

- Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

Great Idea, but still in some point it will disregarded or doesn't matter. If you know what I mean.

totally agree , it's going to create a new generation of merit farmer , they post Low-quality Posters and they merit themselves with multi-account , is that possible and legal ?

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1737

unavailable until 08/28.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:22:49 PM

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required for your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.
I don't agree with this, this is just like giving the "old members" (including me) a head start. I'm not saying that earning merits is a race but giving us a head start also means giving us a free reputation out of nothing. That does not necessarily mean we need to rebuild our reputation from zero, I mean there are so many members that have earned a good reputation on this forum.
So I think the merit points for old members have to be given based on their reputation now and without affecting the rank.
I assume you mean trust when you say reputation.
Trust is trade reputation, merit is post reputation, the dont have to be directly connected (eg I wouldnt trade with QS, but they can write pretty damn good texts).
As merit is a direct requirement for getting ranks, they only way to do this switch is the way it was done right now.
They can't "not give the merit" but let you keep the rank.

Either you gain the merit and keep the rank, or nobody has merit and we all are newbies again.
Then you'll have a problem on how to distribute your initial sMerit to kickstart people gaining merit and rebuilding their previous ranks.

Newbie and Jr Member did not give any merit so that they could develop the account. In any sphere of life and activity there must be competition. In this case, it turns out that a person of high rank should go into the branch of beginners, re-read topics and give some good several merits. The busy people will not have time for this, and, in general, wishes too.
Failed assumption. People do read the B&H section, either because they regularly help out newcommers there and help them getting started or because they moderate the section, eg.

Another nuance: the forum is like an analog of the labor market for new projects! Many people will be eliminated. From high ranks, someone does not works with the bounty, someone takes only high-paying projects, someone switched to trading. As a result, you can get a crisis in the labor market. After all, bounties give a good increase in investment. And as a result, many projects simply can not collect even softcap, not because they are bad or unpromising, but because advertising in our time is the engine of progress.
Bounty campaigns are creating this issue to start with. They are the last instances we should worry about. This forum comes first, always.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
l10no

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required for your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.
I don't agree with this, this is just like giving the "old members" (including me) a head start. I'm not saying that earning merits is a race but giving us a head start also means giving us a free reputation out of nothing. That does not necessarily mean we need to rebuild our reputation from zero, I mean there are so many members that have earned a good reputation on this forum.
So I think the merit points for old members have to be given based on their reputation now and without affecting the rank.

Anyway, I think this is gonna be the end of account farming.
I think your thinking is much wiser than this new rule, just like me, right now I'm almost into senior members
but it will be a long time if I can not get 250 merit, while currently I only have 100 merit, even if I post a useful, maybe going to senior members take a little longer.
maybe this is the fate of new people in the forum

A1exander

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

AZeYJDJR1J9ShSWyMsK5iSnCJZ8FfENGmo

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:26:11 PM

In terms of the merit system, however, I think it has a good chance of being an effective way to distribute the points. The merit sources can't do all the work themselves and scour the whole forum. When they leave points to someone for a good post then that person is also likely to be a reasonable judge of what is deserving.
Can you suggest a better way of doing it?

Maybe it would be better to regularly allocate a small number of sMerits (not Merits) to everyone, probably proportional to their rank/merit. The current system may lead to rapid depletion of sMerits.

SONO PROJECT  ▄▀▀▄█▀▀█░░█▀▀█ DRIVEN CURRENCY          
FACEBOOK  TWITTER  DISCORD  TELEGRAMM    ▀▄░░░░██░░  WHITEPAPER  BLOG  ANN  BOUNTY  GITHUB
                              ▀▄▄▀█▄▄█▀██▄▄█                           
daddybios
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1082

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:26:55 PM

Sometimes there was a desire to thank the user for a good, high-quality article or for answering the question. Finally, I and everyone have this opportunity.
I think that the new rules will not become an obstacle for honest and decent users. Spammers and flooders should burn in hell.

I wish everyone love, good luck and profit!

Freedom to Ross Ulbricht!
athanz88

Activity: 392
Merit: 349

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:27:45 PM

Anyway, I think this is gonna be the end of account farming.

I agree with you with the end of the account farming.

But for your earlier statement, I guess theymos gave higher rank members (old members) merit points based on their rank is to help to grow this community, because higher rank members surely know which one is a good post and which is not. Higher rank members have a lot of smerit point that can be given to other who needs, so you guys may contribute too to measure which person deserves a higher position, and there is no use to hold your smerit points as it may decay.

APPLY FOR INVESTMENT
GET WHITELISTED

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
██▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄▄       
     ▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄   
   ▄█▀▄▄████████▄▄▀█▄
 ▄█▀▄██████████████▄▀█▄
▐█ ██████████████████ █▌
█▌▐██████████████████▌▐█
█▌▐██████████████████▌▐█
▐█ ██████████████████ █▌
 ▀█▄▀██████████████▀▄█▀
   ▀█▄▀▀████████▀▀▄█▀   
     ▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀     
          ▀▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██▌                 ▐██
██▌                 ▐██
██▌                 ▐██
██▌                 ▐██
██▌                 ▐██
▐██                 ██▌
 ███▄             ▄███
  ▀███▄         ▄███▀ 
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀   
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       

██ ████  ██████  ██████ ███ ████ ██████████████████████

WHITEPAPER

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 1687
Merit: 1025

HODLER SINCE 2013

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:27:47 PM

@Theymos
sMerits should be rejected if given to a legendary.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
jtipt

Activity: 882
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:29:05 PM

I can feel the frustration of those who were just a few activity points from full, senior or hero.
No love for us frustrated almost legendary members?  Cry
you have no reason to be frustrated anyways, it has been only 24hrs and you already have received almost 450 merits. And honestly you got most of that because of your popularity here.
Mulavad

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:31:30 PM

I saw this merit thing on my profile. It created a lot of fuss.
Maybe it's a little bit to harsh on the new guys.
I would be lucky if someone even reads my post and god blessed if someone gave me a merit.
Samarkand

Activity: 462
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:31:49 PM

I think your thinking is much wiser than this new rule, just like me, right now I'm almost into senior members
but it will be a long time if I can not get 250 merit, while currently I only have 100 merit, even if I post a useful, maybe going to senior members take a little longer.
maybe this is the fate of new people in the forum

I´m in the same boat with 238 activity.
However, I think that it is entirely possible to reach the 250 merit if you
try to contribute to the forums with quality posts. I´m sure the introduction
of the merit system will disincentivize spamming as intended with the possible
caveat that it must somehow be ensured that no one is gaming the system
(e.g. buying/selling merit).

Besides, I have question regarding this quote by theymos:

If you want to be a merit source:

Collect TEN posts that have not received nearly enough merit for how
good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread.

Do you have to apply for yourself with 10 of your own posts? Or is intended
to nominate other people to become a "merit source"?
(e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819947.0)

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
Better. Quick.

Transparent.

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
SEELE^^01

Activity: 448
Merit: 132

DeepOnion... all hope! DO Moderator :)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:32:20 PM
Merited by premium_domainer (5)

Sometimes there was a desire to thank the user for a good, high-quality article or for answering the question. Finally, I and everyone have this opportunity.
I think that the new rules will not become an obstacle for honest and decent users. Spammers and flooders should burn in hell.

I wish everyone love, good luck and profit!

i am honestly with you, bro, but there should be another option to go against spammers and floodders.

I make many quality postings, but i dont think that they will very much appreciated by others, since people will try, against all rules, to sell their merits and so on. i also find it now really unfair for people, which were getting ready to get their next rank up within the next weeks, like me.

should i now post even more in hope to get merits for my postings Oo" that will be the same like spamming and floodding then Smiley

PS: please merit me Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:32:39 PM

I assume you mean trust when you say reputation.
Trust is trade reputation, merit is post reputation, they don't have to be directly connected (eg I wouldn't trade with QS, but they can write pretty damn good texts).
As merit is a direct requirement for getting ranks, they only way to do this switch is the way it was done right now.
They can't "not give the merit" but let you keep the rank.

Either you gain the merit and keep the rank, or nobody has merit and we all are newbies again.
Then you'll have a problem on how to distribute your initial sMerit to kickstart people gaining merit and rebuilding their previous ranks.
But this is not just about reputation as in the market, it's also about reputation as a "good poster".
I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.
What do you think this is for?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1737

unavailable until 08/28.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:33:08 PM
Merited by bitcoinsforall (1)

@Theymos sMerits should be rejected if given to a legendary.
That would mean high quality posts from legendaries wouldnt be marked as such, which destroys one of the purposes of publicly showing merited posts, giving good examples.
Also, when you send merit to a legendary, they gain 50% as sMerit, thus giving them an additional balance to be distributed.

Simple example: I have 50 sMerit, I can't read the forum right now and distribute them, but you are writing really good posts, I reward them to you for one of your outstanding posts,
now you get 25 sMerit, you do read the forum, select high quality posts from lower members, and contribute to the distribution that way.
The difference here being either 50 in my account and dormant/lost or 25 being actively distributed and rewarded. The latter should be the option to pick, imo.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Benezim

Activity: 378
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:35:08 PM
Merited by prehisto (1)

I am not sure that I understand the Merit system completely.
When I Merit someones post, do I give out my own Merit?
Or  I have some-kind of merit balance which i use only for "voting"?

Click on the +merit on any post and you’ll see your sMerit (sendable merit). SMerit is independent from your accumulated merit. Your merit can only increase (not decrease) when others send you their sMerit. For each 2 merit you receive, you can send one sMerit to someone else.

Initially, you have a certain amount of sMerit to distribute to others. A few selected members have sMerit that replenish periodically. These members are the major source of new sMerit.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
TheQuin

Activity: 672
Merit: 672

Freebitco.in Forum Dude https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:37:33 PM

Do you have to apply for yourself with 10 of your own posts? Or is intended
to nominate other people to become a "merit source"?
(e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819947.0)

I thought I knew the answer to that but after this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819811.msg28875280#msg28875280 conversation, I think it is something theymos need to clarify.

Dr_Nefario

Activity: 294

Capital Technologies & Research

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:38:21 PM
Merited by alexdencoin (1), Geila (1)

A very interesting system. How it will manifest itself on the forum, should be considered comprehensively. Yes, they should help against spam. But can appear those who will sell their services and it can also become massively. Ha ha, I'm glad innovation, and on the other hand I'm only 5 days short of the next rank.  Undecided

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.