Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2018, 11:49:38 AM *
News: ♦♦ Bitcoin Core users must update to 0.16.3 [Torrent]. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 81385 times)
arallmuus

Activity: 980
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:28:35 AM

So, the main question is why did not you give merits based on activity?

Because being active in the forum doesnt mean that you dont shitpost here. This is pretty much better than the old system

Just a question here, I got 20 smerit as starter . I guess this is the same for every Hero member currently? or probably random ?

Edit : is there a link for this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MairaObergh

Activity: 270
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:29:01 AM

I guess a thread that I wrote in was deleted, which sent me back to a Full Member, right before this new merit thing. And I guess that even though I'm at 240 now, I won't be able to go back to Sr. Member.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
levyashin

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

Video Publisher / Article Writer

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:30:05 AM

Do merits regenerate through time?

Or only merit sources can make them?

The smerits we have at the beginning won't regenerate after it is over? Only we will get 1/2 from merits we received right?

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
krishnaverma

Activity: 308
Merit: 56

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:30:20 AM

Because it will not stop spam posts. Activity can be gained by just making  posts daily one on average. Merit is to ensure that people make quality posts.

Now I can send 4 merits, so what will happen when I spend all 4 merit.

You cannot send anymore. When you receive more merits in future, you will get half of those as sendable merits which you can again send to other members.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1737

Trust my feedback, I'm a cunt.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:31:07 AM
Merited by Mitchell (5)

Just a question here, I got 20 smerit as starter . I guess this is the same for every Hero member currently? or probably random ?
No, it isn't.

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

Do merits regenerate through time?
No, merits can only be gained from other users, through high quality posts.

Or only merit sources can make them?
No, merit sources generate "source merit" which is a special form of sMerit. They do not generate merit for themselves.

The smerits we have at the beginning won't regenerate after it is over? Only we will get 1/2 from merits we received right?
That's correct, that is your free pack of sMerit, use them wisely.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
CoolWave

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

Community Manager, ANN designer, BTC accelerator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:31:49 AM

The forum ranking system is a bit complicated now... It'd be nice if someone made an infographic explaining activity and merit.

According to me it is more "difficult" than complicated to achieve a higher rank . The one I was expecting was "TRUST" system which is consistently abused by "MORONS" of bitcointalk . I seriously hate the trust system you have developed . It should rather be based upon common people and not some "morons" who are authorised to just abuse anyone's trust .

suvo05

Activity: 644
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:34:14 AM

over the rules about merit, what I'm worried about is the illegal system of buying and selling of merit and also the existence of a group that give each other merit among members in the group
I hope it will not happen
Yes! I am scared of this too. Everyone from member can sell Merits now. There will be a dark market I think. The same history as the selling of accounts.

No system can be made totally fair, may be their will be a illegal market of buying and selling of merit, but if a user get too many merit on a useless post then everyone can detect it.
And to level up the user also needed the required activity also(which is still unchanged). So the Merit score is the extra protection to resist a spammer to rank up.

PeoplesToken
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
arallmuus

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:37:19 AM

No, it isn't.

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

Pretty sure I got more than 20 activity last year but oh well I guess there is no formula for this . Atleast something new to tweak in this old forum Cheesy
akamit

Activity: 840
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:37:27 AM

Since this Merit system is still new, It will be a good idea for Theymos to come up with a clear Do's and Dont's in giving Merits. It's better for us to have a clear guideline as to when to give and when NOT to give. I think its easy for us to assume when to give, but for when NOT to give merit is something that needs to have a clear guideline so we don't just assume.

Whenever you see a quality post then give out some sMerit to that poster because he/she has contributed QUALITY to this forum.
Just do your duty by giving sMerit and that's your contribution to the forum as well. Quality poster + Merit sender = Quality Contribution for this forum.
In other words, we have to encourage the quality posters by giving sMerit so that he/she can keep up the quality posting and contribute to the forum.

Do not give sMerit to those posts which you think are spam and shitpost. Simply we will be going to discourage the spammers and shitposters.

These are the only Do's and Don'ts for the Merit system.

But in future, we will also be going to see that some people will abuse the system by giving sMerits to their favorite persons instead of giving sMerits to quality posts.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1685

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:37:54 AM
Merited by mprep (1)

BPIP now tracks Merit and ranks the top accounts!  Smiley

It will take a couple weeks before everyone's score updates since there are so many accounts joining right now...

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to Prayer Messages (PMs).
BitcoinTalk Public Information Project (BPIP)
"Masturbation makes you feel good but doesn't do anything for the person you're thinking of.  Just like prayer."
silverleew1

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Begone junkers!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:41:07 AM

It still won't help system/mods to control the junk posts from BOUNTIES..
They will still spamshit and will just use alt to add merit to his own account that wanted to rank up.
the mods will overwhelmed by ID farmer that will open new thread that basically anything that they can post to gain merit.
and almost all of the local region section is the most overwhelmed section so far..

I hope you add not just Demerit button for moderators but also a demoted button/system..
So all the bounty hunter can post high quality post not just shitpost and repeating shit over over over and over in a thread without have them read all the replay has been made.. basically they just changing words.

Exemple: in a thread and there is a replay like this
"Wow that so cool, you are awesome people" - by someone

Then not for long it's going..
"You are awesome people. that so cool, wow." - by shitty
"Wow, you are that awesome people, so cool." - by shitbrain
"Wow Cool people that was so awesome." - by shithead

Maestro75

Activity: 350
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:41:47 AM

I discovered that the merit button is also alighted and alive on individual accounts close to the edit and delete buttons. Doesn't that mean individuals can give themselves merits? Just like I will do now?

Edited: OK, I tried it but it didn't work. No one can send merit to themselves. So, what is the essence of leaving in there then? Perhaps, the OP or the programmer can do right by removing it from there.

Having some members able to generate merit from nothing to some certain limit, hope this wont be takeb advantage of by such members.
Of course, some of them will abuse it just like they are arrogantly doing with the Trust system.

yourcatsofat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:41:51 AM

Because being active in the forum doesnt mean that you dont shitpost here. This is pretty much better than the old system

Because it will not stop spam posts. Activity can be gained by just making  posts daily one on average. Merit is to ensure that people make quality posts.

I do not think 99% of high-quality posts will give Merits. I understand that BCT needs to stop spam. But I think merits is not a good idea. No one will give smerits to Jr or Member.
Notin2

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:42:42 AM

This method of awarding merit to quality and contstructive post will surely increase the level of good posting in the forum,

i but i do feel that there should be demerit as well for post that are considered "shittypost" or "spamming post" rather than negative trust to such post,

Having some members able to generate merit from nothing to some certain limit, hope this wont be takeb advantage of by such members.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
arallmuus

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:44:41 AM

I do not think 99% of high-quality posts will give Merits. I understand that BCT needs to stop spam. But I think merits is not a good idea. No one will give smerits to Jr or Member.

Probably, or those who want to rank up can appeal for merit (?) (Basically like a post checking squad for anyone that wants to rank up would be cool huh   Wink). If it is good enough to rank, Im sure they will be given merit

alisafidel58

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:48:03 AM

-snip-
theymos will make a 'merit' page to see on how often members are giving merit to other one. And people who are giving merits to others are transparent and can be seen so there will be an obvious if "guy one" send merit to "guy two" most of the time. But this will be hard to determine on who are those people doing this thing all of the sudden, looking at their post one by one.

For now let's adopt this system and it's better to give credit to the valuable posts that contributes to the forum's greatness.

If you can see in the image Theymos has already acquired some merits which will eventually take up some space of your screen. If you acquired too much merit from different user here it will be annoying to the eye and obviously Theymos will do something about it and will have to add minimized option or hide.

Hypothetically, abuse from user will happen for creating such group in the following months or so, and another "great chase" will start to happen leaving yet another hard job for DT`s and moderators.

It may seem viable, but there are still some flaws towards the new merit system and for sure abuse will come along next to it.
Viper1

Merit: 257

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:48:28 AM

i but i do feel that there should be demerit as well for post that are considered "shittypost" or "spamming post" rather than negative trust to such post.
Absolutely not. Do you know what happens when some popular youtuber talks shit about someone? All their fans go out and harasses that person. They go and post shit on their twitter, they dislike their videos etc. So you go into some coin thread and post some negatives about it or whatever and what do you think is going to happen? You're going to get bombed with demerits from all the true believers, sock puppets etc etc.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
tambenile

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:48:47 AM

People are so innocent when thinking that someone will give Newbies and Junior Member or even Member some sMerits. LOL
krishnaverma

Merit: 56

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:49:23 AM

This method of awarding merit to quality and contstructive post will surely increase the level of good posting in the forum,

i but i do feel that there should be demerit as well for post that are considered "shittypost" or "spamming post" rather than negative trust to such post,

Implementing  a lot of features at one time can result in confusion among the members. It is better to see how members respond to this and then make additional changes as required.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1737

Trust my feedback, I'm a cunt.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:50:03 AM

1.what about copper member?
Still have the same advantages as before?

2. why we need Jr Member rank?
Why wouldn't we?

3. can edit this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit to be public like trust system https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1059082?(better to detect alt accounts).
Yes, wait. Patience, please.

4. local Boards Moderator must be Merit source right?
There are sources which arent natively english, thus local boards are also considered for merit rewards.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.