Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:07:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166643 times)
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:29:29 AM

It seems to be hard to get merits from others. I think it is simply because users should keep merits for themselves in order to be ranked up. Quite hard to get rewarded merits, I guess.
You didnt understand. When someone gives you Merit, they lose sMerit, which is only used to be sent to others and has no purpose besides that.
Hoarding my sMerit doesnt give me any benefit. Likewise, I dont lose any of my Merit (defining my rank) when sending Merit to others, as sMerit are used for that.

You have Merits, those you cannot send.
You also have sMerits, those you can only send, they have no other purpose.

When someone gives Merit to you they lose sMerit of the amount transfered and you gain Merit as well as sMerit (which in case you can send again).

Example: Should I send 10 Merit to you for a post, my sMerit would decrease by 10.
Your Merit would increase by 10 and your sMerit would increase by 5.

Merits are exclusively earned, but the sMerit part you also get keeps the circulation flowing.

(Ignoring merit sources here, for the sake of making an easy example.)

If so, what if selling/ buying merits, how to prevent this?
Banhammer to the face.

I respectfully disagree with the first part. Someone who is a week away from becoming a legendary member, for example, will now have to compete for the same 500 Merit points as someone who just became a hero member, in order to reach the legendary member status.
I did start with 500 Cry

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dautay_crypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:30:32 AM

So from now on, if I want to become a Senior Member I need other people to send me 250 Merit point?
Plus 240 activities?
Yes, I think that is what Theymos wanted from users. I am a little bit confuse and worried about that new rules for ranking too. I think only Hero and Legendary members ready to give others their merits as rewards for good, high-qualitied posts. With the new rules related to merit counts, it might be really hard to be upgraded to higher ranking levels.
kivo2004

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:31:05 AM

I love how certain people are trying to shrug off the merit system as a shitty-post-detector.

Your points are only valid if they are seen and "merited" by a select-few members of this community.

Doesn't anybody else see the mile-long list of potential issues that may arise from this?

Next time, try to come up with more clever schemes to keep yourselves up there on the throne.

Guess what, this post won't get many "merits" because you didn't give the people any who would be using them right now.

What a joke

_____ DSTRA (https://dstra.io) ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA (https://dstra.io) _____
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:32:01 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 03:49:34 AM by goyal.dkg

dont know if any mod or admin or reputed member will read my post or not , but still i am writing it .

it is good to see you guys trying to find out methods to control spams , but in this method i have some doubts .

1. those who are already hero or legendary members , why they should not reviewed again ?? they already got enough merits for any bounty or articles , now they have no tension of this rule . it will only affect to new users .

2. smerits are limited , like me got only 1 , so i will have to think a lot before giving it to anyone .. it means more demand less supply , further it means high price of smerits in grey market .  AND few days back mods team exposed a prank played on some members , they were taking money for bumping threads , and they accepted it too . so what is the guarantee those type of people will not sell smerits ?

3. bcoz of this less supply thing , some members who posts without any spam , they too will have very less chance to earn smerits , bcoz someone will sell them / someone will send to friends / some loyal members like vod and lauda only send to other members .

Solution as per me -

1. review all these accounts who are already on higher rank and give everyone equal chance . i may be wrong .

2.  please assign a team or give this smerit task to some senior+active members of this forum so that they can distribute it to everyone ..

3. review smerit transfers daily , who send how many smerits to whom , this will be helpful to check cheaters .

PS - guys don't pm me for selling your smerit , i am happy with it . this rule may be hard for me to reach 100 merits from 10 merits , but its ok i am much happy with it instead of trading such things .
vegita1233

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:33:40 AM
Merited by grue (1)

May I ask what the point of the merit system is to give to legendary members?  Doesn't that just reduce the supply for everyone else making it even harder?

oh .. If you enjoy this post, don't forget to merit, reply, and subscribe. It really helps me out!

Tongue

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Airdrop to BTC holders
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:33:50 AM

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.
 rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.
I am sad for the fact that im going to be a senior member this january 30 but this merit system will delay it. However i am agreeing with this system to lessen the shitposters that ruining our forum, this system would give them a hard time to farm activity for their ranks, and also this will affect account sellers like "Selling potential Sr-member" but now theycant sell it without merits. This update will bring us a new and anti toxic forum.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:34:17 AM
Merited by bill gator (1)

Solution as per me -
2.  please assign a team or give this smerit task to some senior+active members of this forum so that they can distribute it to everyone ..
This is already in place, we call them merit sources, read the OP.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
richan

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:35:31 AM

Will the merit point reduce if I gift away some of my point to another? Is a bit complicated but hope we will get along with time as time passe by.
goyal.dkg

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:35:55 AM

Solution as per me -

hmm i read that , lets see how it goes ..

otherwise we will need 1 more prank for exposing of 1 more grey market .
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:36:36 AM
Merited by grue (1)

May I ask what the point of the merit system is to give to legendary members?  Doesn't that just reduce the supply for everyone else making it even harder?
Not at all. Merit is not given out or transferred. Only sMerit is given out (giving sMerit means that someone will get both merit and sMerit, and you will lose sMerit). The supply that matters is the sMerit supply, not the merit supply. The reason legendary members get merit is so that they meet the requirement for their rank.

Your points are only valid if they are seen and "merited" by a select-few members of this community.
"select few" A few hundred thousand members of the community got sMerit, not just "a select few".

Doesn't anybody else see the mile-long list of potential issues that may arise from this?
Issues, yes. Mile long, no. Perhaps you could enlighten us and list your mile long list of issues.

madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:36:43 AM

So from now on, if I want to become a Senior Member I need other people to send me 250 Merit point?
Plus 240 activities?
Yes, but they will send merit points based in your post quality that is why if you want to rank up you need to create more constructive and eye catching post to get more merit points.
This new features will avoid shit poster or it will be warning to all members of this forum to improved our post quality to get merit points and able to rank up our accounts, also i think this would be a basis by the manager for accepting applicants in the campaign.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:36:50 AM

I respectfully disagree with the first part. Someone who is a week away from becoming a legendary member, for example, will now have to compete for the same 500 Merit points as someone who just became a hero member, in order to reach the legendary member status.
I did start with 500 Cry
Hah yeah, and that sounds unfair mate! On the plus side, I do find your posts helpful, so you were the first recipient of my Merit+ Wink
MrLitex

Activity: 546
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:36:57 AM

Solution as per me -
More interestingly, if there are representatives of the "local board" of the forum or not.

goyal.dkg

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:37:24 AM

- Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.
I am sad for the fact that im going to be a senior member this january 30 but this merit system will delay it. However i am agreeing with this system to lessen the shitposters that ruining our forum, this system would give them a hard time to farm activity for their ranks, and also this will affect account sellers like "Selling potential Sr-member" but now theycant sell it without merits. This update will bring us a new and anti toxic forum.

i was also going to be full member , now getting 90 merits , lol i think it will take next 4-5 months with all quality posts .
vegita1233

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:37:59 AM

Not at all. Merit is not given out or transferred. Only sMerit is given out (giving sMerit means that someone will get both merit and sMerit, and you will lose sMerit). The supply that matters is the sMerit supply, not the merit supply. The reason legendary members get merit is so that they meet the requirement for their rank.

And is the sMerit supply reduced to the pool of people who have no use for it? The legendary?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Airdrop to BTC holders
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:39:44 AM

I love how certain people are trying to shrug off the merit system as a shitty-post-detector.

Next time, try to come up with more clever schemes to keep yourselves up there on the throne.

Guess what, this post won't get that many "merits" because you didn't give the people any who would be using them right now.

What a joke

None of this affects anybody except shitposters angling for sig campaigns. The only question is if it affects enough shitposters to improve the overall quality of the contents of this forum.
dautay_crypto

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:40:26 AM

This new created merit system requires you get at least more 150 merits in order to be upgraded to Senior member in the forum. How to get those merits? It is quite hard to get, I guess. I will be upgraded to Full Member in the next 4 weeks, so I am a little bit dissapointed too, but we, as forum's users, have to follow the rules of admin.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:40:36 AM

And is the sMerit supply reduced to the pool of people who have no use for it? The legendary?
No. Did you even read the OP?

Anyone who is given merits will receive half the amount in sMerits too. So if you get 1 merit, you also get 0.5 sMerits which you can give to someone else.

Also, sMerits are not useless for Legendary members. sMerits sole purpose is to be given out, there is no benefit to holding sMerits.

i was also going to be full member , now getting 90 merits , lol i think it will take next 4-5 months with all quality posts .
Which is better than you spending 4-5 months spamming shitposts.

ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:40:56 AM

No one has 'no use' for it. I started with 43 sMerit for example. I'll distribute this on to the good posts that I find. The premise is, if you've been here longer and more active, it is better to give you more say in this than if you registered your account yesterday.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:41:57 AM

1. those who are already hero or legendary members , why they should not reviewed again ?? they already got enough merits for any bounty or articles , now they have no tension of this rule . it will only affect to new users .
Older members have posted hundreds or thousands of posts. Personally I think that if this system would have existed when I created my account then, after more than 3k posts, I'd have hundreds or 1,000+ merit. So, while it's not perfect, granting 1,000 merit points to Legendary members is a good approach.

That said, I agree older members should be reviewed. If most of their posts are low quality then it would make sense to get some merit points removed.

2. smerits are limited , like me got only 1 , so i will have to think a lot before giving it to anyone .. it means more demand less supply , further it means high price of smerits in grey market .  AND few days back mods team exposed a prank played on some members , they were taking money for bumping threads , and they accepted it too . so what is the guarantee those type of people will not sell smerits ?
Black market of merit points will be an issue. I'm sure about this. I (and I'm sure most DT members) will try to spot sales, but it will be very difficult.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: