Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:44:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flip21

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:05:28 PM

They removed the warning under the GHS charts that stated GHS do not mine currently due to unprofitability, and support just say "it will be put back soon", why they removed that warning is still unanswered

We will put back the warning regarding GHS, it's been removed by mistake.

They still tell new users that GHS will mine again at around $320, this was the figure they gave 6months ago and is now $400+, for those that want to work out the actual price GHS will mine at they can use this formula 1GHS Reward = ((25 * BLOCKS24HRS) / POOLGHS) - ((0.105 * 12 / 365) / BTCPRICE)

We do not provide such an information to new users.
The statement of resuming cloud mining at the price of $320 has been made at the time of suspending cloud mining in the interview of CoinTelegraph.
We are working on finding solutions to resume GHS mining on profitable conditions. Meanwhile, each user can now read in their profile that "Cloud mining is paused because it is not profitable. It will be resumed automatically when profitability changes."

Your feedback will be taken into account, thank you.

You missed the part about the fabricated trustpilot score which is in breach of trustpilots terms and conditions and why you removed the hyperlink

I am sure I have a screenshot of a support ticket from June 2015 where one of your agents say $320-350 is when GHS will start mining
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
D4RK5T4R

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:33:15 PM

I am sure I have a screenshot of a support ticket from June 2015 where one of your agents say $320-350 is when GHS will start mining

Just in case you cannot find it, I have one here from 8th July:

Marcelo Santos speaks.  https://youtu.be/zjtLszt7MTo
BTC tips can go here: 19B4HwjhhpPR5sKrT4Tb7H4heEN8yAziD3
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 01:44:34 PM

They removed the warning under the GHS charts that stated GHS do not mine currently due to unprofitability, and support just say "it will be put back soon", why they removed that warning is still unanswered

They still tell new users that GHS will mine again at around $320, this was the figure they gave 6months ago and is now $400+, for those that want to work out the actual price GHS will mine at they can use this formula 1GHS Reward = ((25 * BLOCKS24HRS) / POOLGHS) - ((0.105 * 12 / 365) / BTCPRICE)

The statement of resuming cloud mining at the price of $320 has been made at the time of suspending cloud mining in the interview of CoinTelegraph.
We are working on finding solutions to resume GHS mining on profitable conditions. Meanwhile, each user can now read in their profile that "Cloud mining is paused because it is not profitable. It will be resumed automatically when profitability changes."

You missed the part about the fabricated trustpilot score which is in breach of trustpilots terms and conditions and why you removed the hyperlink

The API that reflects the current rating on Trustpilot is not working at the moment. The hyperlink has also been removed by mistake.

We reply with the price range under which the cloud mining will be resumed if a user asks us such a question. And it will be resumed if the price is over $340-350 and the difficulty is not significantly up.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
flip21

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:03:19 PM

The API that reflects the current rating on Trustpilot is not working at the moment. The hyperlink has also been removed by mistake.

We reply with the price range under which the cloud mining will be resumed if a user asks us such a question. And it will be resumed if the price is over $340-350 and the difficulty is not significantly up.

Lol, That API must of been broken for like a year! I do not believe you I shall update my ticket with Trustpilot to show them your reasons for non-compliance.

Alot of vital information is being removed by "mistake", maybe you sack the person who keeps deleting this information by mistake due to incompetence?

Funny you have now backtracked on your original statement about not giving new users the information about when GHS will start mining, joys of discussing these on a public forum
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 02:10:52 PM

Lol, That API must of been broken for like a year! I do not believe you I shall update my ticket with Trustpilot to show them your reasons for non-compliance.

Alot of vital information is being removed by "mistake", maybe you sack the person who keeps deleting this information by mistake due to incompetence?

Funny you have now backtracked on your original statement about not giving new users the information about when GHS will start mining, joys of discussing these on a public forum

Users are free to enable cloud mining in their profile at any moment by taking all the responsibility to mine without profit till the price goes up.

Thank you for the feedback. We will take into account all your comments and do our best to improve CEX.IO in all ways.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:57:17 AM

CEX.IO Adds Deposit and Withdrawal Options via AstroPay, Enables Buying Bitcoin for Cash

We are glad to announce extending options for funding accounts and withdrawing money through partnership with AstroPay, which enables payments in local currency in the LATAM region, China and Turkey.

AstroPay enables two alternative ways of depositing funds to CEX.IO account — via online bank transfer or with cash. In the first case, a user logs in to their online banking cabinet and confirms the payment. When choosing a cash payment method, a user gets an electronic document with a unique bar code, which should be used to pay with cash in local currency at one of the terminals. Literally, you can buy Bitcoin for cash.
Withdrawals are available via bank transfer only.

With a tangibly low commission of 2.5%, deposits via AstroPay online banking takes a few minutes till several hours, and withdrawals — about 1-2 business days. Notably, only users who have completed identity verification according to CEX.IO AML/KYC policy will be able to use AstroPay payment solutions, which are fully compliant with each country’s banking regulations.

The full list of countries allowed for AstroPay payments includes: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Uruguay, and Turkey.

flip21

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:39:24 AM

Users are free to enable cloud mining in their profile at any moment by taking all the responsibility to mine without profit till the price goes up.

Thank you for the feedback. We will take into account all your comments and do our best to improve CEX.IO in all ways.

Lol you can delete your astropay post and repost it under the truth you don't want your customers to see, but it still doesn't change the fact you are misleading your customers by "mistakenly" removing vital information. Luckily you already reported my last post and got it deleted for advertising one of your competitors so I am sure I can repost this line:

The only reason anyone would want to mine AT A LOSS (NOT WITHOUT PROFIT, AT A LOSS) is because they lack the information needed to make an informed decision because you keep removing it "by mistake"
shketo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:47:05 AM

Lol you can delete your astropay post and repost it under the truth you don't want your customers to see, but it still doesn't change the fact you are misleading your customers by "mistakenly" removing vital information. Luckily you already reported my last post and got it deleted for advertising one of your competitors so I am sure I can repost this line:

The only reason anyone would want to mine AT A LOSS (NOT WITHOUT PROFIT, AT A LOSS) is because they lack the information needed to make an informed decision because you keep removing it "by mistake"

Stop this shit. It is not interesting for all. please throw this shit through personal messages if you have a personal problems with cex
flip21

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:12:39 AM

Stop this shit. It is not interesting for all. please throw this shit through personal messages if you have a personal problems with cex

No, why shouldn't I post grievencies on a public forum? I have problems with the way cex is operating and it affects most of its userbase, my posts in this thread have already helped a couple of cex customers to understand what they are doing and they agree with me.

They bought GHS because they saw the notice had changed under the GHS chart and thought GHS were mining again. It is deceitful and misleading, Cex fail to action support tickets like these and this seems to be the only way to get a truthful response out of them.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 04:15:46 PM

Who appointed you the forum police? Don't like - don't read.

I find it interesting how important information gets removed or altered by mistake. That's not a personal problem since it affects more than one person. So please move along and stop trying to decide what is "interesting for all".
scumbag

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:33:08 AM

Nice to CEX.IO rep is active here and patiently answering queries

AxlRose

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:24:05 AM

Who appointed you the forum police? Don't like - don't read.

I find it interesting how important information gets removed or altered by mistake. That's not a personal problem since it affects more than one person. So please move along and stop trying to decide what is "interesting for all".

I would say the same no one appointed as police and give your opinions only.  But I partly agree with [Shekto] as  I came here to see more info, +/- ideas and features to decide which platform to choose and invest but here it is like personal drama going on.

I would just say not to abuse but to discuss. Here are 2 members and they are just cursing CEX . I am new to CEX and trying it for past 8-9 days and it seems good and cozy.

Yes, GHS is not mining I found it on my profile after support told me . They could not advise , I could understand as investment requires my decisions not some support advice.

Let me share my experience:

+ Good environment
+ Fast support
+ Competing fees and good pricing
+ Some new kind of order placing like Buy/Sell but it may be good for person like me who don't want to spend time for waiting for trade order to be completed.
+ Safe as they told me that I need 2FA as obligatory(Again for some people it might be like irritating)

- troll box  its same as this forum, not much info and again few users just discussing unnecessary things...  Moderators much keep a check
- Verification is hard (But it might be considered as a + too as it  gives a guarantee to safety)
- GHS not working(Hopefully it will start soon as BTC price is increasing)

Hope CEX will read my review and work on the negatives and try to make life easier for users.

AxlRose

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:55:43 AM

@Vanillaninja  I am happy that I could sum up all the things so that users don't have to click [next] and [previous] to change pages. Smiley

@cex.io  Please read views and try to act on the negative points.   Huh

@shketo  Please try to give some review.. New users like me may find it interesting Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

I am not sure how long CEX.IO is in business but as my cousin said they were one of best platforms and pioneer of cloud mining . Alas, that I joined them now , not an year or 2 before. I could have raised my piggybank to a big one.

But still I believe you can stand up and get things back on track. I was recommended to your site and I won't be just a user, I will try to express myself in order to make this place as a pinnacle . I believe no one wants to be with just another ordinary trade platform. Right?

I cannot post much as I said that I am new to cex.io but after flipping some pages I feel that they need to do some homework to raise ....

Now talking to their support.... Lets see how they help me in getting my second deposit getting credited faster!!!!!!

shketo

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:35:13 PM

ok.. here is my story:

I used to mine with cex at the beginning and earned some bitcoins. Then I sold my ghashes when I see that they give less profit. Now I use cex for trading bitcoins. I buy btc for less price and sell for bigger price. I'm trying to multiply a number of my bitcoins that I own. I hope that someday the price will be $1000 for 1 btc.  Then I would become a millionaire Smiley

I would like to pay attention that cex is the only one platform (that I know) that allows to make deposits with credit card. My local currency in not USD or EUR, but is not a problem, I don;t need to go to the bank and buy USD firstly. My local payment card - that's all I need.

What I would like to add ... lower commissions for fiat payments. Mobile version. Hope, you guys, implement it someday.
D4RK5T4R

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:04:36 PM

So, after promising to fix the lie on the main page, it still remains.

When it is plainly obvious the score is actually:

Marcelo Santos speaks.  https://youtu.be/zjtLszt7MTo
BTC tips can go here: 19B4HwjhhpPR5sKrT4Tb7H4heEN8yAziD3
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:26:58 PM

So, after promising to fix the lie on the main page, it still remains.

When it is plainly obvious the score is actually:

Dear D4RK5T4R, we are aware of it and will fix it, so we kindly ask you not to remind us about it every day. The update will soon be out.

Shketo and AxlRose, thank you for feedbacks. Will do our best to correct our past mistakes and improve further.

flip21

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:29:15 PM

@shketo, there are a few sites that take Credit Card deposits for crypto, I cannot mention them in here as Cex will report it to the mods.

@AxlRose, yes I guess Cex WAS one of the best platforms about a year ago but they got complacent, and seemingly didn't spend any of their profits improving the service or keeping ontop of hardware changes for their cloud mining operation.

They claimed to own the hardware for their cloud mining operation but recently CEX's CEO admitted this was a lie and they infact rented the hardware from an undisclosed third party.

Proof Cex were trying to claim they own the hardware: http://web.archive.org/web/20150723142534/http://blog.cex.io/news/cex-io-lowers-maintenance-cost-10056
The company has signed up a mutual contract with a mining hardware vendor for shipping a range of the most powerful and efficient hardware equipment to CEX.IO data centres.

Proof Cex do not own ANY hardware: http://cointelegraph.com/news/113302/interview-with-cexios-jeffrey-smith-on-why-they-paused-mining-and-the-future-of-the-industry
Smith tells me that CEX has no hardware of their own, and everything traded on their exchange occurs through third-party hardware companies that have chosen to remain nameless.

They do not add any new coins, someone said yesterday in the trollbox support told them they cannot afford a dedicated server to host new coins on because of the lack of volume. Here is the most recent vote to add a new coin, the most votes any feature request has ever got on CEX: https://support.cex.io/hc/communities/public/questions/203218267-ADD-NAV-COIN

They lost alot of regular traders and volume when they made a bad decision to increase the trade limits, you can see many comments regarding this here: https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/203882758-Changes-to-trade-order-limits-?page=1

All of this along with the removal of important information I have raised in the posts above, and the wrong Trustpilot score (the wrong score is also shown when newcomers use google) is the reason why the volume has gone down and why they are no longer one of the best crypto platforms around
shketo

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:51:32 PM

Proof Cex were trying to claim they own the hardware: http://web.archive.org/web/20150723142534/http://blog.cex.io/news/cex-io-lowers-maintenance-cost-10056
The company has signed up a mutual contract with a mining hardware vendor for shipping a range of the most powerful and efficient hardware equipment to CEX.IO data centres.

How does this sentence prove that cex had their own mining equipment?Huh??
flip21

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:56:38 PM

How does this sentence prove that cex had their own mining equipment?Huh??

"to CEX.IO data centres", it does not say "to CEX.IO's third-party hardware companies"

It implies they own the hardware and are in control of the hardware, its electricity costs and its maintence
AxlRose

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:08:38 PM

@shketo   Yes, I agree that it doesn't prove but miners might be looking for a resolution here.

@flip21  Read your comment. Though I am not mining on cloud but this was interesting, so I sent a query to support to know what's going on and I got a reply about suspended cloud mining. Did some research and really calculating the price of BTC and the maintenance it comes out that it is not profitable.

To make it profitable it is either required to have free power or waiting BTC/USD price , the latter cannot be controlled. Again contacted support and got a reply that they are working on it and in the near future it is expected to come back.  I know that 1 hour after or a day after is future too but such things don't happen in days or a weeks . I believe it may take a month or a few.

Guess the best thing is to wait and see .... Just criticising a company where you are dealing is no intelligent stuff. Not for me but CEX.IO was a favourite site of my cousin who sent me here (He is a profi in crypto business). He told me to try a few and I landed here at CEX.IO.  Not sure if I am allowed here to write their names.... But got a horrible service both  in support and trading....

Again I say I cannot comment on CEX.IO being the best(at least now) but it is way better.

Few weeks ago I was with a cloud mining service which took my 7.5 BTC and I am still rather disappointed but my criticism for them won't bring my money back but I am not stopping.

By the way Thanks to CEX.IO support for their help crediting my second deposit faster...I was worried but its all fine now..

Just curious, if I buy GHS now are there any chances to get shooting prices when cloud is back? If yes I guess I would like to buy ventures from CEX .... Not to become a millionaire that day but to become a millionaire someday........
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: