Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:54:26 PM

Why is the minimum price in the BTC/ETH pair 0.01BTC/ETH ?

The actual market price is ~0.019 BTC/ETH at the moment. So if the price halves, no one will be able to trade at cex BTC/ETH pair ?!
Everything is possible with cryptocurrency and a halving of any cryptocurrenies price is quite likely.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 12:44:06 PM

I am from Pakistan and on your payment page I have saw that depositing from my country is restricted (I think it is from bank or Cards) while withdrawal is not restricted from my Country. and I want to use my Visa card to withdraw my USD, I want to know how will it be verified, as you have mentioned that you will charge some small amount in order to find the ownership. How will you charge that amount when I am unable to deposit from my card because of your rule.

and can I withdraw My funds to my visa card without verifying my visa card at CEX.io ?
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 01:30:12 PM

I am from Pakistan and on your payment page I have saw that depositing from my country is restricted (I think it is from bank or Cards) while withdrawal is not restricted from my Country. and I want to use my Visa card to withdraw my USD, I want to know how will it be verified, as you have mentioned that you will charge some small amount in order to find the ownership. How will you charge that amount when I am unable to deposit from my card because of your rule.

and can I withdraw My funds to my visa card without verifying my visa card at CEX.io ?

Unfortunately, users from Pakistan are not able to use the full scale of our services at the moment, so you will not be able to verify your card at this time and hence, receive withdrawals to it. But we are doing our utmost to provide coverage to as many countries as possible. Follow our news here http://twitter.com/cex_io to see the latest changes right away.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 01:35:08 PM

Why is the minimum price in the BTC/ETH pair 0.01BTC/ETH ?

The actual market price is ~0.019 BTC/ETH at the moment. So if the price halves, no one will be able to trade at cex BTC/ETH pair ?!
Everything is possible with cryptocurrency and a halving of any cryptocurrenies price is quite likely.

This limit comes from how our trade engine operates - we allow a specific corridor for order placement. You can view the current settings for all pairs here:

https://cex.io/api/currency_limits

If ETH price drops, the corridor will be changed accordingly.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:37:00 PM

Thx.

Would be nice if you could "fix" your btc withdrawal as soon as possible. I made 3 withdrawals since you have these new multisig addresses, and every time the transaction was at least 2 hours (~12 confirmations) unconfirmed  =/
Before I had no such problems and I also don't have them with other exchanges, so I don't think it is only the bitcoin network to blame.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 09:44:35 AM

Thx.

Would be nice if you could "fix" your btc withdrawal as soon as possible. I made 3 withdrawals since you have these new multisig addresses, and every time the transaction was at least 2 hours (~12 confirmations) unconfirmed  =/
Before I had no such problems and I also don't have them with other exchanges, so I don't think it is only the bitcoin network to blame.

Everyone has had issues with the recent spike https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count , however we have seen that the wave has died down a little bit, so the situation has stabilized. We understand how important fast transactions are for users, and we will do all possible to not get affected by situations like this. 

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 01:21:23 PM

CEX.IO Launches BTC/USD and ETH/BTC Margin Trading

We at CEX.IO are highly excited to announce the launch of margin trading on our platform, as of today. From now on, you are welcome to trade BTC/USD and ETH/BTC with 1:2 and 1:3 leverages.

Margin trading is a method of trading that involves borrowing money. It allows you to trade more than you’d be able to trade using your funds only. By opening long and short positions, you can get profit on the price growth or fall, respectively.

Bitcoin and Ether Margin trading offered by CEX.IO has a range of competitive advantages making it easy and attractive even for beginners. Thus, there is no need to open any extra margin account to trade with leverage, and borrowing funds is done automatically together with position placement.

Killer feature of CEX.IO’s margin trading is a unique risk-preventing system guaranteeing that trading on leverage cannot move your balance to negative values. Margin trading fees include commission for position opening and rollover fee that is charged only for efficient time period, while position is opened.

Having launched margin trading for BTC/USD and ETH/BTC, we are planning to introduce trading on leverage for other trading pairs in the nearest time.  

To trade on margin, please proceed to Trade Page on CEX.IO, and select Margin Trading tab under the Market Depth chart. To trade with leverage via CEX.IO API, please enable position opening in the profile and generate a new API key. Check out the updated documentation with functions related to margin trading. Please also note that on CEX.IO, USD is the collateral currency for BTC/USD pair, and BTC is the collateral currency for ETH/BTC pair.

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:06:08 PM

Some questions about margin trading:

1) There is no information about the timeframe of your rollover fee. Most other exchanges have 0.01 % rollover fee (every 4 hours). For how many hours is your 0.01% fee?

2) Is it possible to close a short position by opening a long position the same size? And if long position is a bigger amount, it will be placed with the rest amount? Or how does the closing works?

3) Will you add the possibility to "settle" a position? Means if you have a open short position, instead of closing it, you just sell real btc at the positions price to "close" the open position. That way you could sell btc even if you are still waiting for confirmations of a deposit.

4) What exactly does it mean, that USD is colleteral? Does it mean, if I only have BTC in my account, I neither can place long nor short position at USD/BTC pair?

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 09:17:15 AM

1) There is no information about the timeframe of your rollover fee. Most other exchanges have 0.01 % rollover fee (every 4 hours). For how many hours is your 0.01% fee?

2) Is it possible to close a short position by opening a long position the same size? And if long position is a bigger amount, it will be placed with the rest amount? Or how does the closing works?

3) Will you add the possibility to "settle" a position? Means if you have a open short position, instead of closing it, you just sell real btc at the positions price to "close" the open position. That way you could sell btc even if you are still waiting for confirmations of a deposit.

4) What exactly does it mean, that USD is colleteral? Does it mean, if I only have BTC in my account, I neither can place long nor short position at USD/BTC pair?

1) It's the same with us - 0.01% every 4 hours
2) Closing is done manually by pressing the appropriate button in the open positions list on trade page under Margin Trading tab. Opening a Short position will not close a Long one - we allow opening positions of opposite types simultaneously.
3) There is currently no possibility to settle, but this feature is considered for development at a later date (we cannot give an ETA yet, unfortunately)
4) At this moment all financing of margin trading (both short and long positions) is done with USD. (more on how it works on our platform: https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/229092667-Short-Position-Margin-Trading-on-Bitcoin-Price-Fall and https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/229092647-Long-Position-Margin-Trading-on-Bitcoin-Price-Growth)  We are considering BTC financing for both position types for a later release.

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 02:35:15 PM

2) Closing is done manually by pressing the appropriate button in the open positions list on trade page under Margin Trading tab. Opening a Short position will not close a Long one - we allow opening positions of opposite types simultaneously.
3) There is currently no possibility to settle, but this feature is considered for development at a later date (we cannot give an ETA yet, unfortunately)
4) At this moment all financing of margin trading (both short and long positions) is done with USD. (more on how it works on our platform: https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/229092667-Short-Position-Margin-Trading-on-Bitcoin-Price-Fall and https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/229092647-Long-Position-Margin-Trading-on-Bitcoin-Price-Growth)  We are considering BTC financing for both position types for a later release.

Thx.
2) Is it also one extra API call to close a position? If yes, I would suggest that you make it possible to close a short position by placing a long position (make an extra parameter for the place_order/position call). It makes API margin trading much easier, if you don't have to close positions with an extra call and calculate the difference to place a new position.

Also other exchanges introduced margin trading within the past months, but all in all I have to say that Kraken.com has by far the best margin stuff. (1) Settle position, 2) automatic close when placing oposite position 3) can use nearly all currencies as colletral)

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 02:44:14 PM

Thx.
2) Is it also one extra API call to close a position? If yes, I would suggest that you make it possible to close a short position by placing a long position (make an extra parameter for the place_order/position call). It makes API margin trading much easier, if you don't have to close positions with an extra call and calculate the difference to place a new position.

Also other exchanges introduced margin trading within the past months, but all in all I have to say that Kraken.com has by far the best margin stuff. (1) Settle position, 2) automatic close when placing oposite position 3) can use nearly all currencies as colletral)

Yes, there is an API call to close the position, it is described here: https://cex.io/rest-api#close-position

As per closing via opposite position - we have specifically designed the system so, that it would allow opposite positions opened at the same time, as this gives you an opportunity to hedge your funds during course fluctuations with a right trading strategy.

Please mind that we also do not have a separate margin account that you have to fund and keep filled to keep your positions alive. All you have to do is have enough on your CEX.IO account for a rollover fee. Your account will never go to negative balance from margin trading, even if the strategy is completely off.

We will, of course, develop the Margin Trading further and include more features.

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:50:03 PM

Yes, there is an API call to close the position, it is described here: https://cex.io/rest-api#close-position

As per closing via opposite position - we have specifically designed the system so, that it would allow opposite positions opened at the same time, as this gives you an opportunity to hedge your funds during course fluctuations with a right trading strategy.

We will, of course, develop the Margin Trading further and include more features.
It might be a good feature, I don't know, cause I don't use it that way.
But I know how to use margin trading with a bot. And to only have the option to fully close a position to market price, is horrible. sry.
You need to add some day before I can use your margin trading:
1) Make it possible to to close positoins with counter positions (also partly). Just use your actual way as the default. But if I set a new introduced paramter in the open_position call to true, then make it the way I described.
2) Closing at market price is not good. Placing it as a limit order is much better for experienced traders. If you do 1) , 2) will be done automatically.

So in case Kraken has no patent to this stuff, just copy Kraken in this matter. You can't make it better, cause it is perfect.
(and I absolutely don't want to advertise Kraken. I purely speak from the perspective of an active bot-trader, who wants to use several exchanges and would like to have the same great standards about margin trading everywhere)

edit:
sorry for only criticism Cheesy Of course it is great that you introduced margin trading! I just hope that you will improve it even further Smiley

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 12:32:33 PM

It might be a good feature, I don't know, cause I don't use it that way.
But I know how to use margin trading with a bot. And to only have the option to fully close a position to market price, is horrible. sry.
You need to add some day before I can use your margin trading:
1) Make it possible to to close positoins with counter positions (also partly). Just use your actual way as the default. But if I set a new introduced paramter in the open_position call to true, then make it the way I described.
2) Closing at market price is not good. Placing it as a limit order is much better for experienced traders. If you do 1) , 2) will be done automatically.

So in case Kraken has no patent to this stuff, just copy Kraken in this matter. You can't make it better, cause it is perfect.
(and I absolutely don't want to advertise Kraken. I purely speak from the perspective of an active bot-trader, who wants to use several exchanges and would like to have the same great standards about margin trading everywhere)

edit:
sorry for only criticism Cheesy Of course it is great that you introduced margin trading! I just hope that you will improve it even further Smiley

Thank you! Your suggestions are, as always, well grounded and thought through. We will work on implementing extra features, and your comments and feedback are always welcome!

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:57:52 PM

What is the status about ETH withdrawal?
I requested a small withdrawal before the hardfork. Most exchanges resumed transfers already, but the withdrawal from cex was still not send (nothing in an block explorer):
2016-10-18 13:30:11   -50.00000000 ETH   xx   WITHDRAW   -   Transaction is being processed.

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 08:12:58 AM

What is the status about ETH withdrawal?
I requested a small withdrawal before the hardfork. Most exchanges resumed transfers already, but the withdrawal from cex was still not send (nothing in an block explorer):
2016-10-18 13:30:11   -50.00000000 ETH   xx   WITHDRAW   -   Transaction is being processed.

Sorry for the error, we are having a look at it. Please, if any errors like that take place - use our support chat or email support@cex.io - this is a much faster way to report errors to us.

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 08:56:53 PM

Could you add an option to add extra transactionfee to crypto withdrawals ?

I have again a btc withdrawal which is unconfirmed since an hour =/ (okay there were only 2 blocks found meanwhile)
If I were able to add some extra transactionfee if I'm in hurry, it would be good Smiley

CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 01:00:28 PM

Could you add an option to add extra transactionfee to crypto withdrawals ?

I have again a btc withdrawal which is unconfirmed since an hour =/ (okay there were only 2 blocks found meanwhile)
If I were able to add some extra transactionfee if I'm in hurry, it would be good Smiley

1-2 blocks with no confirmation is quite normal - considering the recent mempool size - this is a very good result even. We understand that with being in a hurry may be an issue, and we will try to implement it, but we cannot promise a quick solution.

DenyAryanto

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:03:11 AM

after open service margin trading
open lending service too or not, same with poloniex and bitfienx open servise lending too

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 11:15:45 AM

open lending service too or not, same with poloniex and bitfienx open servise lending too

Lending service is the borrowing operation which is an automatic process and a part of our Margin trading at CEX.IO. Unlike other services it is more convenient and easier to use as, first of all you don't need to create an separate account and secondly, all the calculations are done automatically which makes it optimal for one's use.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1557

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 01:03:50 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 01:21:17 PM by pawel7777

Lending service is the borrowing operation which is an automatic process and a part of our Margin trading at CEX.IO. Unlike other services it is more convenient and easier to use as, first of all you don't need to create an separate account and secondly, all the calculations are done automatically which makes it optimal for one's use.

Poloniex offer both margin trading and lending. It's also fully automated, lenders set their interest rates and duration, and borrowers (those who place margin trading orders) are automatically provided with the cheapest loans available (they can also set max interest % they're willing to pay).

Interest rates are set by free market (supply/demand), and Poloniex take fees from the lenders' interest earned. Pretty neat system.

Not sure what you mean by needing to create separate account.

If you were to go that route and allow P2P lending, your commission on each order would go down massively. Currently you charge 0.2%, compared to 0.003% Poloniex take (current lending rates of 0.02% x 15% Poloniex fee). But that would likely attract more users, pump up the volume and allow free market to decide on rates (so you don't have to monitor and adjust to competitors) + you won't have to engage your own funds.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: