Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:37:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597301 times)
Spendy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:51:23 AM

communicating with boinc client. please wait...

exit boinc manager or cancel

why my boinc manager keeps closing? any help thanks

I think your AV/firewall is blocking it from accessing the internet.
Try to do an exception in your firewall for all  boinc exe files (C:\Program Files\BOINC)
There are few of them there.
If that don't helps, i would if i were you,  completely uninstall  AV and turned off the firewall just to see if that
solves the problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zoelae

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:56:19 AM

What about creating a logo: "Gridcoin Accepted Here" and promoting commercial transactions using Gridcoin as payment?
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:04:58 AM

two new exchanges! wonderfull!
andrewp

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:18:18 PM

Hi everyone!

There are 10 hours to go on the counter. If we're at 1st place we will be added!

Let's push it a little!

https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

Andrew.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
asdlolciterquit

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:31:18 PM

Hi everyone!

There are 10 hours to go on the counter. If we're at 1st place we will be added!

Let's push it a little!

https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

Andrew.

done...but we have at least to double the votes we have right now.. Sad
asdlolciterquit

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:35:57 PM

where can i find some stats about the pool? for example hashrate, last block found, number of miners...etc?

thanks!
Gridcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

where can i find some stats about the pool? for example hashrate, last block found, number of miners...etc?

thanks!
I added the last block found in block history.  Ill add number of miners and hashrate today (read cryptocointalk for my other daily problem lol).  Ill try to add the increased payment for pool newbies also, seems very important.

Grid

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:39:47 PM

http://pool.gridcoin.us/

thanks!
drehb

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:03:36 PM

@Gridcoin can you please help? I am getting this when i try to compile it in ubuntu.

rpcmining.cpp:15:16: fatal error: io.h: No such file or directory
 #include "io.h"
                ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/rpcmining.o] Error 1

Code:
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: qaxcontainer

make terminates with following error:
Code:
src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:9:21: fatal error: QAxObject: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Please help me to solve this problem.
Cant add the coin until someone points us in the right direction.

Hello Allcrypt, thanks for adding us.

To build gridcoind, use the link Traderman mentions:
http://www.gridcoin.us/download/compilingGridcoinOnlinux.txt

Ensure you are git cloning the 'gridcoin-master/gridcoin-master-linux' and build from the Linux directory. 
If you have any problems with io.h, (some Debian 64 distros reported this), change that one line to  #include <sys/io.h>.

Other than that you should be good to go.  Once you create your gridcoin.conf file, add node 'www.gridcoin.us' if you have any sync issues.

Best of Luck,
Grid

asdlolciterquit

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:24:56 PM

thanks!
I added the last block found in block history.  Ill add number of miners and hashrate today (read cryptocointalk for my other daily problem lol).  Ill try to add the increased payment for pool newbies also, seems very important.

Grid

thanks man!!
customminer

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:13:59 PM

Hey,
I've got lots of computers sitting about, but no graphics cards for them.
I've been trying to get gridcoin running on all of them, but the issue i've run into is that CPU mining seems to only be made for one computer per account..

How should I go about implementing gridcoin on all of my computers so I can get paid for participating in BOINC?</p>
I've replicated the gridcoin wallet across all of the computers so that my gridcoin account recieving address is on all of them, but looking into CPU mining more in depth, it would appear i'd only get paid once for that recieving address despite multiple computers being connecting to it.

So, am I going to have to create 10+ boinc accounts for each boinc project and join the gridcoin team each time? With seperate gridcoin installations? That seems very long winded to me : (

Edit: Also, why is it that high-performing boinc participating is not rewarded appropriately? I'm doing 100k points/day on one rig and 300k points/day on the other gpu rig for boinc, but it's not taken into account.. GPUs are only used for scrypt? : /

Regards,

Customminer.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:30:12 PM

With cpumining you will have to create an acc for each computer. So you have to do it the long way unfortunately. Actually you are getting rewarded more if you put down more points then others. Cpuminers compete amongst each other, once the number of cpu miners rises even more you will start to notice it.

Hey,
I've been trying to get gridcoin running on all of them, but the issue i've run into is that CPU mining seems to only be made for one computer per account..

How should I go about implementing gridcoin on all of my computers so I can get paid for participating in BOINC?</p>
I've replicated the gridcoin wallet across all of the computers so that my gridcoin account recieving address is on all of them, but looking into CPU mining more in depth, it would appear i'd only get paid once for that recieving address despite multiple computers being connecting to it.

So, am I going to have to create 10+ boinc accounts for each boinc project and join the gridcoin team each time? With seperate gridcoin installations? That seems very long winded to me : (

Edit: Also, why is it that high-performing boinc participating is not rewarded appropriately? I'm doing 100k points/day on one rig and 300k points/day on the other gpu rig for boinc, but it's not taken into account.. GPUs are only used for scrypt? : /

Regards,

Customminer.
customminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:40:28 PM

Is it 150grc reward per boinc cpu mining project? Or is it just 150grc in total?

With cpumining you will have to create an acc for each computer. So you have to do it the long way unfortunately. Actually you are getting rewarded more if you put down more points then others. Cpuminers compete amongst each other, once the number of cpu miners rises even more you will start to notice it.

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:44:58 PM

I think there is 576 blocks assigned for the cpu miners and they are divided amongst all the cpuminers based on how much they donated. So the more cpuminers there are on the network the more credits you have to get to get a larger share of the pie. That promotes competition for the cpu miners to donate more to Boinc
projects.

Is it 150grc reward per boinc cpu mining project? Or is it just 150grc in total?

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
customminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:00:41 PM

Cool sounds good.

I think a more aggressive stance should be taken against gpu miners with gridcoin. Currently you need what, like 1000 boinc points to get 100% boinc utilisation to get the max 150grc/block. I can get easily 100k from running 4 7950's on boinc alongside 100% scrypt mining, and 300k boinc points/day with the same tech configuration on windows 7. I think it should be significantly raised to like 50,000 boinc points/day to get the full 150 block reward size. This will seriously boost our boinc team stats, and will make it less easy to mine the heck out of GRC with gpus with little contribution to boinc.

I think there is 576 blocks assigned for the cpu miners and they are divided amongst all the cpuminers based on how much they donated. So the more cpuminers there are on the network the more credits you have to get to get a larger share of the pie. That promotes competition for the cpu miners to donate more to Boinc
projects.

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

I agree 1000 is a little low. Even with mediocre gpu you can get prog 5-10k daily credits. Maybe 5-10k per day might be a good number.

Cool sounds good.

I think a more aggressive stance should be taken against gpu miners with gridcoin. Currently you need what, like 1000 boinc points to get 100% boinc utilisation to get the max 150grc/block. I can get easily 100k from running 4 7950's on boinc alongside 100% scrypt mining, and 300k boinc points/day with the same tech configuration on windows 7. I think it should be significantly raised to like 50,000 boinc points/day to get the full 150 block reward size. This will seriously boost our boinc team stats, and will make it less easy to mine the heck out of GRC with gpus with little contribution to boinc.

projects.

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
customminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:24:08 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 09:38:51 PM by customminer

0-5k = 5grc/block
5k-10k = 10grc/block
10k-25k = 25grc/block
25k-50k = 50grc/block
50k-75k = 75grc/block
75k-100k = 100grc/block
100k-125k = 125grc/block
125k-150k = 150grc/block

I think the above would be quite suitable.. It'd really drive users to contribute far more towards boinc resources.
On another note, i've been contributing quite a lot towards www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin if we could all regularly have a presence there it'd be great!

I've posted a couple bounties for gridcoin on there to the sum of a couple btc!

I agree 1000 is a little low. Even with mediocre gpu you can get prog 5-10k daily credits. Maybe 5-10k per day might be a good number.

Cool sounds good.

projects.

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:05:59 PM

http://pool.gridcoin.us/Main.aspx

i have a few computers with only CPU. Does it worth to try to mine on that pool? And if yes how do i mine?
s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

http://pool.gridcoin.us/Main.aspx

i have a few computers with only CPU. Does it worth to try to mine on that pool? And if yes how do i mine?

Forget pool mining and use this tutorial: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1922-cpu-mining-tutorialtopic/

The idea is that you use all your cpu power towards boinc and get gridcoins as reward!
s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:13:24 PM

0-5k = 5grc/block
5k-10k = 10grc/block
10k-25k = 25grc/block
25k-50k = 50grc/block
50k-75k = 75grc/block
75k-100k = 100grc/block
100k-125k = 125grc/block
125k-150k = 150grc/block

I have 3570k/4.3ghz running 24/7 and I got about 6-7k RAC so you think I should get only 10grc/block? sorry but lol...

I think 1k is too low it should be something like 2-3k and that's only my opinion.

but thanks for boosting mintpal voting!
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: