Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 [2086] 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:47:48 AM

If Etherium is such a big deal and the community is more important than the technical advantages, why does Nxt has 2160 pages and Etherium only 74 pages on Bitcointalk.org?
Ethereum is 2 advocacy guys project, Nxt is 1000 random guys project

This is naive as hell... Ethereum got so much more influence than you even want to know

That is because it is backed by major financial institutions.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eadeqa

Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:53:46 AM

Girls 'n boys,

I don't know why until now there exists no Wikipedia-Article about NXT in the main Wikipedias (English, German, Netherlands, Swedish, etc.)?

Wikipedia deleted the article as they considered Nxt insignificant. Don't repost the article again or it will be just deleted again.

We first need to promote Nxt outside Wikipedia in mainstream media, and implement major announced features.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:57:53 AM

So I started a Wikipedia entry for NXT.

It's titled NXT Coin and here's the link for whoever would like to contribute information to it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/NXT_Coin

I will continue to edit and add information, I have little time today so I'd figure a start is good for now.

It's just nxt. no coin.
I had the average web surfer in mind, short and to the point.  People really don't sit there and read the description to the link for the most part.  It might also spark curiosity towards "nxt coin? I wonder what it is" in case someone stumbles across it by accident.
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:00:41 AM

If Etherium is such a big deal and the community is more important than the technical advantages, why does Nxt has 2160 pages and Etherium only 74 pages on Bitcointalk.org?

This is naive as hell... Ethereum got so much more influence than you even want to know

Which is why they have hired top lawyers, top programmers, top marketing experts etc.
Noone in the real world gives a single fuck that Ethereum isn't a "activist project".
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:05:01 AM

Which is why they have hired top lawyers, top programmers, top marketing experts etc.
Noone in the real world gives a single fuck that Ethereum isn't a "activist project".

I sincerely hope that isn't the case.

There are some things money cannot buy.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:05:50 AM

Girls 'n boys,

I don't know why until now there exists no Wikipedia-Article about NXT in the main Wikipedias (English, German, Netherlands, Swedish, etc.)?

Wikipedia deleted the article as they considered Nxt insignificant. Don't repost the article again or it will be just deleted again.

We first need to promote Nxt outside Wikipedia in mainstream media, and implement major announced features.

looool  -  WikiStupopedia also tries to tell you that there were nookuular WMD in Iraq  Tongue
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:07:31 AM

It's titled NXT Coin and here's the link for whoever would like to contribute information to it:

I will continue to edit and add information, I have little time today so I'd figure a start is good for now.

The name is Nxt, not Nxtcoin and as I said please don't repost it on Wikipedia. This is absolutely against Wikipedia policy. Wikipedia should not be used to promote yourself. I hope the article gets deleted soon.

Nxt should be promoted in mainstream media. It needs to become notable. Once that is done, it will show up in Wikipedia -- without you doing anything.

I hate when Wikipedia is abused for self promotion

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:07:45 AM

This is pretty important I think. Wikipedia is well known. The average person typically views wikipedia as a familiar and legitimate source of information. Its a good digestable format. It would be nice that a search for "Nxt" would pull up the wikipedia entry with really solid information in the top results. It legitimizes it in a way. Strengthens the presence at least. The previous entry was pulled for being seemingly biased and like an advertisement... Is anyone experienced with the whole wikipedia situation, knows how to fill the entries within the required criteria so this doesn't happen again, has a talent for sorting and constructing info in this way, etc? Are there professional services for this or Is it worth it or better to go with a person/people in the community? Taking into consideration that its the face of Nxt in a sense, for a (possibly quite large) demographic. I'd pay for a service if its preferable or provide a bounty to have it done very well and a fund to have it updated/maintained regularily. However, it has to meet the wikipedia standards so as not to be pulled again. Maybe I should talk to the NxtmarketingCommittee?

Forget Wikipedia. Waste of Time and Energy.

pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:09:19 AM

Asset Exchange Enhancement Proposal

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FsyumJLmQ9ckLNkHlmW1oPRGOoK3oAg_pVjFz3s0fNw/edit?usp=sharing

With even more feedback, some have suggested that perhaps relying on an external website is not good (although it *should* be secure, perhaps someone can find a way to abuse this?)

With this in mind, I added slides 5-7 to show how this could be done without external URLs, only using Aliases. NXT already provides all the tools needed for this to work, clients just have to be able to interpret it. If people think this is a good idea, hopefully we can have a discussion going on the standard formatting.

IMO, this is important because it removes the ability of squatters to hold important asset names at ransom from the community.

Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:14:12 AM

I wish that was the case, but sadly in the real world it isn't ;\
If they provide the best service and tech, then average people (99,9% of the population) wont care one bit of the history involved.
And Ethereum got a lot of activists in it too so it's not like they are 100% synthetic and clinical.

NXT has too much drama, too skewed distribution of NXT, a lot of activists have already abandoned ship and more are doing so soon.
How did the marketing committee get selected? At least 2 of them used dirty tactics to get in the position they are now.

We barely got developers even and soon we lose CfB. This isn't something new, this is something people have known for months now and yet nothing changes. We keep drifting and drifting.
A lot of people learn of NXT, become involved, do great work, get zero pay, get disheartened and leave. Look at how many important people left to NEM. And *finally* NEM is auditing their IPO, so suddenly it'll be 10 times fairer than NXT in terms of distribution.
I have defended NXTs distribution 100 times, but it's clear that the vast majority of big holders are idle for a reason and that reason isn't strategic. (like Pouncer deluded himself to think)
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:14:50 AM

Girls 'n boys,

looool  -  WikiStupopedia also tries to tell you that there were nookuular WMD in Iraq  Tongue

Whatever.

Wikipedia is the greatest thing since slice bread -- and no that's isn't sarcasm. I really mean it.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Usability is KING!

A visitor of Nextcoin.org tells about his experience and why Nxt is difficult to use for newbees. I totally agree with him, usability is more important than futuristic features. How can we solve this problem?

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4339.new.html
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:16:03 AM

I agree that we already have the Alias system so there is no reason for an Asset to *have a name* at all (just a unique number should suffice - perhaps even issuing account # plus date).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:16:26 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:17:41 AM by BrianNowhere

the transaction fees are still too damn high, forging rewards are way to low & come too slow for all but the richest Nxters.

Slow? Maybe. Low? No, everyone gets the same percentage. Anyways, you can't have high forging rewards and low fees.

Well I've been at it over 1 month with 10k NXT and haven't seen a single block. Supposedly I'll get 100 Nxt sometime in the next 11 months but in the meantime it sure seems like a waste of time and the longer I wait the less I believe it. It's not about the Nxt for me, I've given away far more than that, but it makes me concerned for the system as a whole as I don't think many people will bother with forging if this is how it is.
10K nxt and you expect 'mining' reward? So you would invest less than a bitcoin in a PoW hardware and you would expect reward too?
Do I miss something?

I don't quite know how to get my point across on this issue without continually being accused of complaining about not getting rewarded personally.  

Bitcoin does not need a majority of holders to mine. Their network is secure as long as a small percentage of people engage in mining. They don't even have to be holding Bitcoin, they can dump it to  FIAT as soon as they get it. You can't tell people not to compare forging with mining and then turn around and do it yourself.

NXT as far as I understand it needs a larger percentage of it's userbase to be forging than bitcoin does or the network will be insecure.

If this is the case, then you are going to have to incentivize these holders or the wide majority of them will simply not forge (again, I'm not referring to myself, stay focused here) . They'll log in and out when they want to use it, if they decide to use NXT at all. These "little people" are going to be exposing their machine to a possible DDOS attack, have to run their computer 24/7 (Most people shut them off at night) and be giving up processing power they don't need to (someone who uses their computer for video editing wants to eliminate every unneeded MB CPU power)

I understand that there's nodecoin being created on top of the network, which I am hopeful will be enough to motivate the needed constituency to forge. My worry there is that 99% of potential NXT users might not bother with the AE or want to go to all that trouble. It sounds kinda like something just for the nerds to do & I want NXT to be for everyone, not just nerds and nerdtrepreneurs. ( and I use the term nerd endearingly, not as a pejorative)

So once again I am not bringing up this issue because I am dissatisfied with my return. I am thinking about the bigger picture in the future when everyday normal people will be using NXT. If the entire networks' survival depends on a certain percentage of these people to be forging then this FACT has to be taken into account when figuring out how to motivate just enough of them, preferably more than that, to contribute. It is a mathematical issue, not a financial one. The devs need to face the fact that 99% of people will follow the path of least resistance. If 99% of NXT users not forging is OK for the network to work then I am cool with it. If not then I think this issue needs to be taken a lot more seriously because the very survival of NXT just might depend on it.

In my opinion, you're better off dishing out smaller rewards at a faster pace. People are like lab rats who feel rewarded when they get a pellet. It would be better to get .001 NXT every couple of days than 10 NXT after many months. It is simple psychology. Almost every successful software "invention" these days is successful because it's addicting. Twitter, facebook, Angry Birds, Flappy Birds, Candy Crush, Farmville. All very successful and all very addicting. Give the people their pellets and they will be addicted and they will forge.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:16:33 AM

Girls 'n boys,

Whatever.

Wikipedia is the greatest thing since slice bread -- and no that's isn't sarcasm. I really mean it.

I will write the Dutch wiki to help.
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:18:05 AM

Usability is KING!

A visitor of Nextcoin.org tells about his experience and why Nxt is difficult to use for newbees. I totally agree with him, usability is more important than futuristic features. How can we solve this problem?

It can be resolved by integrating wesleyh client  with NRS and distributing it as simple executable application.

Or just use Marcus3 client that works without local copy of NRS

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:22:20 AM

NXT as far as I understand it needs a larger percentage of it's userbase to be forging than bitcoin does or the network will be insecure.

Why? That doesn't even make sense.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:28:27 AM

I wish that was the case, but sadly in the real world it isn't ;\
If they provide the best service and tech, then average people (99,9% of the population) wont care one bit of the history involved.
And Ethereum got a lot of activists in it too so it's not like they are 100% synthetic and clinical.

NXT has too much drama, too skewed distribution of NXT, a lot of activists have already abandoned ship and more are doing so soon.
How did the marketing committee get selected? At least 2 of them used dirty tactics to get in the position they are now.

We barely got developers even and soon we lose CfB. This isn't something new, this is something people have known for months now and yet nothing changes. We keep drifting and drifting.
A lot of people learn of NXT, become involved, do great work, get zero pay, get disheartened and leave. Look at how many important people left to NEM. And *finally* NEM is auditing their IPO, so suddenly it'll be 10 times fairer than NXT in terms of distribution.
I have defended NXTs distribution 100 times, but it's clear that the vast majority of big holders are idle for a reason and that reason isn't strategic. (like Pouncer deluded himself to think)

Some people might sell out for money, but not everyone does.  I believe the true believers in liberty and freedom back their words with action.

I think the distribution of NXT is fine now.  I remember a lot of large stakeholders selling NXT for next to nothing in the beginning.  I see other stakeholders funding development.  I disagree that NEM will be "fairer".

I didn't think "dirty" tactics were used in the campaign.  What are you referring to?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:29:20 AM

Why? That doesn't even make sense.

That depends on who forges and how much NXT they own.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:34:32 AM

Usability is KING!

Great DEMO of wesleyh his client !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAhnpfkM0Z4

donation for video welcome: NXT: 12088507821025750338

donations for wesleyh: NXT:  8189784314684138350

TRY IT OUT and test AE!

Pages: « 1 ... 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 [2086] 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: