Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
dhit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:12:18 PM

PS, I am looking for a web developer to give me a hand (well, haha, I need more than just a hand) in developing hashrate.org

This reminds me...  is there any plan for NXT to have anything like Namecoin's .bit registry?  If not, perhaps you might want to check on its availability too.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:14:41 PM

Here's another donation for those who keep following this thread. Healthy discussions are welcome but please try not to fight, feel offended and even thinking about leaving our project, guys. I sent 201 NXT to an account and the password is this entire post itself. Truly hope it's someone who helps by discussing, brainstorming or coding that gets it.
Haha, generous! I see I'm too late.  Wink
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:17:17 PM

And a bear.

Thought you mend this one:  Grin

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:22:57 PM

And a bear.

No reason why we can't have both  Grin

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:24:12 PM

And a bear.

No reason why we can't have both  Grin

Cheers!

Cheesy
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:26:15 PM

Everyone-

The issue that James brings up is REALLY IMPORTANT. If you are skimming through this part of the thread and you quickly decide that *duh* everything on AE should be denominated in nxt because nxt rules, THEN YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT.

Sorry for the all caps alarm bells, but this is a really complicated issue. If you do some research into the "petrodollar system" you will find a real world example of the problem that James brings up. Forcing the world to buy oil in USD has contributed to the USD's current status as the world's reserve currency. It has benefited the US government by increasing the value of USD (increasing worldwide demand for the dollar). However, now the US government has to make sure that oil producing countries only accept USD for their oil, or else the value of the USD will plummet and cause economic havoc for the US and the world. This is one reason that the US government is so friendly to the Saudis. This is also a reason that smart people are really worried about deteriorating relations between the US and Russia. The petrodollar system is a house of cards.

By analogy, only allowing trades in the AE to be denominated in nxt will have similar effects. If we succeed in making everyone use it, then sure, nxt prices will fly to the moon. However, the petrodollar system is highly unstable, and requires some serious political maneuvering to keep it running. It also required the most powerful country in the history of the world (debatable, I know) to get started. Lets be real here. We are a very small, niche community. I don't know if we could make AE successful with only nxt-denominated trades, but I do know that we would be making things much much more difficult for ourselves.

I also believe that such a system is inherently unstable. If we try to force people to use one currency, either by design of the nxt platform, or by dishonest marketing, we are ultimately doing more harm than good. We need to deliver unique, useful, and price-competitive services as a network. If our network is better than the alternatives, and if we market ourselves effectively, then we should see mass adoption of the nxt network and our personal wealth will increase. There is no easy shortcut.

We don't need to be the reserve currency of the internet to be ubiquitous and successful and richer than we are now. Please, please spend some more time thinking about the consequences of this decision.

+1, please, Nxt main target should focus on decentralization. Denominating everything in Nxt lead to centralization. Which is bad in the long term for Nxt. Most thing in AE will be denominating in Nxt anyway, but some special market need not to be denomintated in Nxt. Do not forget that.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:46:10 PM

Everyone-

The issue that James brings up is REALLY IMPORTANT. If you are skimming through this part of the thread and you quickly decide that *duh* everything on AE should be denominated in nxt because nxt rules, THEN YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT.

Sorry for the all caps alarm bells, but this is a really complicated issue. If you do some research into the "petrodollar system" you will find a real world example of the problem that James brings up. Forcing the world to buy oil in USD has contributed to the USD's current status as the world's reserve currency. It has benefited the US government by increasing the value of USD (increasing worldwide demand for the dollar). However, now the US government has to make sure that oil producing countries only accept USD for their oil, or else the value of the USD will plummet and cause economic havoc for the US and the world. This is one reason that the US government is so friendly to the Saudis. This is also a reason that smart people are really worried about deteriorating relations between the US and Russia. The petrodollar system is a house of cards.

By analogy, only allowing trades in the AE to be denominated in nxt will have similar effects. If we succeed in making everyone use it, then sure, nxt prices will fly to the moon. However, the petrodollar system is highly unstable, and requires some serious political maneuvering to keep it running. It also required the most powerful country in the history of the world (debatable, I know) to get started. Lets be real here. We are a very small, niche community. I don't know if we could make AE successful with only nxt-denominated trades, but I do know that we would be making things much much more difficult for ourselves.

I also believe that such a system is inherently unstable. If we try to force people to use one currency, either by design of the nxt platform, or by dishonest marketing, we are ultimately doing more harm than good. We need to deliver unique, useful, and price-competitive services as a network. If our network is better than the alternatives, and if we market ourselves effectively, then we should see mass adoption of the nxt network and our personal wealth will increase. There is no easy shortcut.

We don't need to be the reserve currency of the internet to be ubiquitous and successful and richer than we are now. Please, please spend some more time thinking about the consequences of this decision.

+1, please, Nxt main target should focus on decentralization. Denominating everything in Nxt lead to centralization. Which is bad in the long term for Nxt. Most thing in AE will be denominating in Nxt anyway, but some special market need not to be denomintated in Nxt. Do not forget that.

I think giving people the option to be free ultimately makes nxt stronger.  more options and more service = better nxt in the long run.  this isn't a pump and dump, right? Google makes money off of giving as much as they can away for free, and just making a little off the top via advertisements, same with facebook.  the platform that gives the most for free wins in my opinion. 

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:48:47 PM

This issue is a non-issue as an AT with the ability to be sent Assets and to send Assets itself can easily act as a trustless trader between two parties.

Let's say that we have two account holders one who has ABC shares and one who has XYZ shares and let's say that those two users want to make a deal where for each 1 ABC sent and 2 XYZ sent the AT will then send the shares back to the other guy (if this doesn't happen by a "timeout" period then shares are returned).

Once established this AT can now "run forever" allowing those two account holders to trade ABC for XYZ shares at 1:2 (if later they decide to "change" the rate then this could be done via AM that needs to be sent by both users).

When you start to see what becomes possible through ATs you will begin to realise that there is simply no need to be doing other changes to the "core" of Nxt.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:51:56 PM

James, I am not going to question or even comment further on any of your ideas.  It seems to me that every time I do, you take it as distracting  neanderthal personal attack and threaten to quit NXT development because both your work and your vision for NXT is so unappreciated.  This is never my intention.  I have only intended to initiate respectful, honest debate on critically important topics.

I do not believe it is appropriate that you have someone you apparently consider to be an ongoing adversary to serve as a treasurer for the funds you control.  Please identify whom you trust to serve in this role and upon their concurrence I will deliver to them passcodes to NXTcommunityfunds, NXTcashoperatingfund and NXTcashcompletionfund.

Best wishes to you and to NXT.
Ricky I would appreciate if you return the NXTcashoperatingfund to me because I decided to give this 1M NXT to a common fund the early adopters/big stakeholders committee will form (official announcement in the following hours) so it can be handled by the community for various projects (including anonymity features) - better to do it more officially rather than James handling the whole chunk, I am sure he will agree..

EDIT: The community should be aware that a big part of the early adopters will ONLY fund from now on in this way - the committee is made exactly for this reason, transparency, fairness and optimal management of resources (both ours and the community's).

Klee, I have sent the NXTcash passcodes to you at your gmail address and the NXTcommunity one to neer at his gmail address, using the system we previously discussed.  I just feel I have rubbed James the wrong way one too many times, and he deserves to have his funds disbursed from somebody that he will feel is not at odds with his decisions.

I have no negative feelings of animosity towards anyone.  This is an amazing community filled with brilliant and wonderful people, especially you, James.  

I remain invested in NXT and will work for its success.  

Hey, guys, thanks for the bears.  And beers.

To da moon!
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:52:17 PM

Is there a non-dev explanation of the whole AT thing?
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:53:03 PM

This is an amazing community filled with brilliant and wonderful people, especially you, James.  

+1
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:56:57 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 01:14:14 PM by Sebastien256

For the people that don't know how mining work.

Just to let you know, that you can easily mine scrypt coin with cpu, it is not the most efficient way, but it would be a good idea at the moment to beta test the Nxt mining pool. You are welcome to test them. More feedback is always welcome. Still you should be able to get some nxt if you have a fast cpu.

The cpu miner can be get at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpuminer/

You need to create a .bat file in the directory of the miner as follow:
add in a start.bat file :

START /LOW minerd -o stratum+tcp://hashrate.org:3008 -u 13777396447329170446 -p xxx -t4

For the hashrate.org pool (http://hashrate.org/). OR

START /LOW minerd -o stratum+tcp://p00l.org:3003 -u 13777396447329170446 -p xxx -t4

For the p00l.org pool (http://www.p00l.org/).

Replace the Nxt address with your (-u Nxtadress). Don't change the password (-p xxx). Note also that the argument -t4 will specify the number of cpu thread the miner will use (for example -t4 = 4 threads). Don't put there a number greater than the number of thread of your CPU.

You can follow the nxt mining thread at https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4399.135.html

Enjoy.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:01:25 PM

I have no negative feelings of animosity towards anyone.  This is an amazing community filled with brilliant and wonderful people, especially you, James.  

Hey, guys, thanks for the bears.  And beers.

To da moon!
Thanx and cheers to you too mate!  Smiley
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:11:54 PM

https://www.coinforum.ca/discussion/1242/decentralized-publishing-platform-with-embedded-currency-plus-toronto-meetup
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Nxt meme....Bears with Beers....to celebrate this pub of a thread.

So the meme is bears holding beers saying cheers to NXT

I don't care if Nxt is serious tech.....this meme is staying....can someone create and post this as I'm not a graphics guy.

Edit: The bears can also be drinking coco or some other beverage....I do not want to turn off those who do not drink.

punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:16:53 PM

Bears holding beers saying cheers to Nxt

FIFY - great meme! Wink

Hegemon

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:19:24 PM

I don't care if Nxt is serious tech.....this meme is staying....can someone create and post this as I'm not a graphics guy.

Edit: The bears can also be drinking coco or some other beverage....I do not want to turn off those who do not drink.

bears + drink = cocacola
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:20:02 PM

Went to sleep for a few hours and what a party you guys all had!

James, I KNOW you are doing amazing things, I love how passionate you are, I recognize it in myself when the ideas start flowing, and everyone around me is saying "calm down" and I'm not an engineer! I'm the idea guy that makes things so hard for the devs..
You're doing it for your own brain AND THEN going about and building it! AMAZING WORK

No wonder you drop such knowledge in here, but please remember the others haven't been sitting in your brain or on your shoulder while you have been coding the answers to the universe.

We're shocked and surprised by all the things you have created.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"  Arthur C Clarke

That's what happened with Nodecoin. People here (WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART?!?!) FREAKED OUT like monkeys seeing fire, or peasants seeing Dr Frankensteins Monster when you BLEW THEIR MINDS

Monkeys, Just kidding, we're not Monkeys, but we need to open our minds here. Let the thinkers like James THINK and CREATE and then when they come in here with their mumbo jumbo and transfractured multiphase tri-syncd nuclear bonded carbon laser calcs, we need to say, "interesting, can you please explain?"

Then we monkeys, need to try to wrap our insect eating brains around what these Alien Computers from the future are trying to give to us. Sure, some of these guys are pushing blockchain bloating hooey, but they are SHARING with us.. working for the GOOD of Nxt. Some may not work, and some may be contradicted by someone elses great idea, and so on, but we are moving forward.

The FACT that we CAN move forward means we will and must. Now is not the time to apply the brakes.

Lets all take a field trip to Guangdong, or Silicon Valley, and walk right in to their labs, and dev meetings, and when they tell us all their plans and brain storms, we can reply "Me No LIKE. Me Want More BOOBS, Me Want TACOS", see how long until they turf us out on our head in the parking lot.

I apologize to monkeys I have discredited, and I speak with passion, but no judgement or malice.

jefdiesel

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

bears + drink = cocacola

I know.... but these are not gonna be POLAR BEARS....we could use PANDA bears.....everyone loves panda bears.

Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:21:21 PM

Hi James

I myself believe in your idea.  I believe that NXT should focus on the 2.0 part.  The 1.0 part is a long shot against bitcoin, but i think there's no hurt trying it too. Wink

Thank you for all your contributions.  

I can't wait all your ideas to come to fruit!

To the moon... Smiley

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Pages: « 1 ... 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: