Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 [2344] 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:29:24 PM

'the coin that shall not be named" could help define network topology
Well its a tough problem. if there was a way to say exclude someone from the blockchain who failed to announce his intention to mint a block than it would be easier. that's the first problem that needs to be solved.

*edit* cfb do you know how to do this?

Why do u think that an average programmer could know this? This is a conceptual issue.

erm. well you might know. i dont know what you dont know.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

wow what a bad ass!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
NxtMinnow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:38:01 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 09:48:06 PM by NxtMinnow

The US political regulation disrupting international Visa and Mastercard customers is a sign of disadvantages inherent in the centralized payment systems.

Read: http://en.ria.ru/business/20140321/188628529/Visa-Mastercard-Freeze-Customer-Cards-at-Russian-Bank.html

arafel71

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:42:54 PM

Guerre? je ne suis pas d'accord.

You cannot fight with knives against tanks.
hum, with AT we will have weapon for fight against ethereum. We cannot ''underestimate'' them power for attract people. i see 3 weeks ago a lot of young people really happy to mine ether in their testnet.  They have a really good public relation and ''show them face to public'' .So public can associate ''real human'' with this project.  Maybe we need to do ''our coming out'' and go out our confort zone. All nxt group of java developper stay in shadow (me too also), this is only reflexion : can we stay like this Huh.  Ether is now your main competitor.

But we need more than AT/E, we need a "lego" for creating decentralized apps and a button for creating new cryptocoins - on top of nxt
I agree with you, you should see the ''basic'' set of instruction code of ciyam. Maybe a no computer science man will only see a set of some logical operator ''AND'', ''OR'' etc...   But the fact is you can build an upper level langage like C or java base on this kind of instruction which allow to build in a more easy way application or ... everything you want..you will have your ''lego'' like this. This is target of vitalik also ...    With this kind of upper level langage base upon platform nxt we can imagine to build a ''nxt facebook'', a ''nxt twitter'', etc... on top of nxt with some requirements about security or anonymity . This my every day work, many customer want only to press a ''button'' but often this button required 1,  100 to 30 000 or 100000 days men to achieve.  

think about a scheme like this :
binary (0,1)-> hexadecimal instruction  > assembler code (X86,68000, Z80 etc...) -> langage (java, C) -> Application .

PS : you can build also an application with turing langage but in a really really hard way.
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 09:44:44 PM

Hey guys, http://hashrate.org has had a bit of a facelift.
Yesterday we paid out 0.008 BTC/MH/day equivilent in NXT - why mine anywhere else?

Great job on this, I'd really like to see a layman's guide on your page as well, for those that want to mine a little bit;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5820979#msg5820979

Check the new "Getting Started" section

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:46:01 PM

Hmmm, Cryptsy is at it again...

Deposited 7500 NXT, 22 hours ago and it is still not added to my balance.
It arrived, minutes after sending, at the correct address. After some e-mails back and forth this was their final response:

------
Thank you for providing the information needed.

NXT deposits and withdraws are delayed. NXT is a new coin that we have introduced. There will be some delays as our technical team along with the developers of this coin are working hard to make this new coin run smoothly. Please bear with us as we work to improve your trading experience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
------

Angry

You mean Craptsy Smiley
They suck big time!!
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:46:36 PM

I do have this problem.

Hey Daedelus (or any other wiki contributor),

Can we update the wiki to mention this issue with the old blockchain explorer, and provide the link to the mynxt explorer? Wouldn't want people accidentally resending transactions when they don't see them in the old blockchain explorer.

Do it yourself you lazy shmo  Grin  Contributer's are always in demand and I only started yesterday  Cheesy

Ok, ok I jest. But as a halfway house, how about you post the text you want and I will try and find the place to put it and update it for you. Deal?

Edit: Maybe I should have read the post below this one before posting. Oops.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:49:43 PM

Yesterday we paid out 0.008 BTC/MH/day equivilent in NXT - why mine anywhere else?

Great job on this, I'd really like to see a layman's guide on your page as well, for those that want to mine a little bit;

This payout is scrypt I take it Wink

ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:50:33 PM

The US political regulation disrupting international Visa and Mastercard customers is a sign of disadvantages inherent in the centralized payment systems.

Read: http://en.ria.ru/business/20140321/188628529/Visa-Mastercard-Freeze-Customer-Cards-at-Russian-Bank.html

Thanks for sharing. Smiley
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:51:47 PM

Not found

The URL / cpuMiner.bat requested was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at Port 80 hashrate.org
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:55:09 PM

My gf laptop has died, something to do with recent Windows updates and she wants to watch her soaps on mine  Cry

I'll work on the wiki tomorrow...
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 10:49:00 PM by mczarnek

Haven't given up yet.  Is there a reason this wouldn't reliably get random numbers into a decentralized network?

3 forgers at once, first 3 from the list of next forgers in line to forge.

A picks a random number, signs it, and sends to B
B picks random number, signs it, and sends to C
C picks random number, signs it, and sends to A

No machine can pick a number based upon the numbers picked by the other two machines because they don't know them all.

All forgers wait until the other machines have picked a number and have heard from the other machines that everyone is holding onto their digital signature for some data they don't have.  All every forgers knows is the signature of the machine that passed it data.

Now they send their actual data to the next machine, that machine double checks the signature against the data and sees that yes, this is the data that was signed by the last machine.

They sign that data themselves and broadcast it to the network.  Now all forgers know that A has signed that it generated this random number as well as the random number and they have verification from B that B is saying A is telling the truth.

Now every block has a truly unique random number attached to it.

If either A or B are found to not match up, you'd probably want to flag them as suspected liars or manipulators, it could be either one that is lying about the other one, most likely one of them is being honest but there is no way to tell which one.  If they are found to be lying, ditch the random numbers that are disputed.

Every block sum the last 10 minutes worth of random numbers along with the account balances from 1440 blocks ago (or much sooner with this scheme?) and use that to determine who will forge next.

Please attack it!

Looks like ByteCoin agrees with me, after writing this up I did some poking around and something like this should indeed be a way to generate an agreed upon random numbers within a decentralized environment: http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/1858/is-there-some-way-to-generate-a-non-predictable-random-number-in-a-decentralised

Edit: actually no reason A should only send his signed copy of the data to only B, send it to both B and C.
B should send it's signed copy of the data to A and C, and C to A and B.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:10:06 PM

Well, I am lucky that my brain is quantum compatible.

What about yours?

After I started working on Nxt my IQ went from 68 to 83. I hope this will be enough.

I assume those numbers are hexadecimals...  Grin

Grin

Whenever anyone observes your IQ then their act of observation will be altering it...
Is that a good thing  Huh

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:14:08 PM

why wasn't this here? It is so cool of him Cheesy

Selling all my (a bit less than 90 dont know the exact number but I will count it if you want to buy all) bitcointalk account all invested during nem IPO:

Altough I invested during the whole IPO period, all accounts invested different ammount of btc or nxt, I'm selling every one
account for 0.25 bitcoin / acc, no matter how much did I invest with that acc address, 0.008 or 0.075, all acc have the same price.
For those who want to buy all, im selling for 0.15 bitcoin / acc.

I know some other big nem sockpuppet stakeholders some with 1-5 and some with more than 20 acc, but im think I one of the biggest, 90 is a nice stake if you see the total is about 3k only.

The accounts were all signed up with different IP address, I used my Ukrainen VPN provider with Ukrainein IPs, so there are no 2 account where I logged with the same IP, every one have a different unique, I did this because afraid the bitcointalk admins can bann my accounts if they see many new created with the same IP, so all accounts are bann free.

There is no connection between the accounts and not in their addresses, I withdraw all the invested moneys from several exchanges to unique address, so even you can't find connection with taint analysis, maybe just find a common exchange address, but nothing more direct connection.

All acc have fake email, I dont have access to them, after you buy it you can change with the password, if you want to buy only a few acc I will give the username and password details via pm, if you want to buy all I uploading a text file.

With the 0.15 BTC price for the 90 acc, dont know how much one acc will get, but maybe calculate with 1 million nem in each.
So all with this price is 13.5 bitcoin, and you will have 90 million nem.
This will price 1 nem to 0.00000015 bitcoin or 0.00009$ (if you see 600$ / btc) this is a fair price for a new starting coin.

The last stakeholders paid 0.075 bitcoin, the higher price / acc is because now the IPO is closed, so the only way to buy nem stake before it launches is by buying accounts from who joined to the IPO, and almost nobody selling it.

For the haters: Yes I made sockpuppet accounts, but all of you reading this thread had the same opportunity to make more accounts, if you didnt than it means I took more risk than you, I invested a lot of time (1 week / constant 6-10 hours a day) and money to this IPO, and the OP post at the time the IPO started said if somebody invest that much time then he deserves it because believing in this coin.

Im living in Ukraine, so for personal reasons i need some fiat money instead of nothing now but I keep 5 or 10 btctalk nem accounts, because still thinking this coin have a future.

Write a PM to me!

mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:14:51 PM

Hmmm, Cryptsy is at it again...

Deposited 7500 NXT, 22 hours ago and it is still not added to my balance.
It arrived, minutes after sending, at the correct address. After some e-mails back and forth this was their final response:

------
Thank you for providing the information needed.

NXT deposits and withdraws are delayed. NXT is a new coin that we have introduced. There will be some delays as our technical team along with the developers of this coin are working hard to make this new coin run smoothly. Please bear with us as we work to improve your trading experience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
------

Angry

You mean Craptsy Smiley
They suck big time!!

I got the same message when I had some issues with them.
They solved it within 24 hours, so only patience will help you in this case.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

Haven't given up yet.  Is there a reason this wouldn't reliably get random numbers into a decentralized network?

3 forgers at once, first 3 from the list of next forgers in line to forge.

A picks a random number, signs it, and sends to B
B picks random number, signs it, and sends to C
C picks random number, signs it, and sends to A

Who decides who are A, B and C?

Hint: you do not know if an account will forge even when it is due to do.

Looks like ByteCoin agrees with me, after writing this up I did some poking around and something like this should indeed be a way to generate an agreed upon random numbers within a decentralized environment: http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/1858/is-there-some-way-to-generate-a-non-predictable-random-number-in-a-decentralised

Thanks for sharing. Smiley
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:26:52 PM

ethereum - for example here: http://bitcoinexpo.ca/ they have 3 speakers, that would be fine, but they are also Platinum sponsors - they paid $35,000 for sponsoring this one small event..
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:27:04 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 10:37:09 PM by igmaca

Guerre? je ne suis pas d'accord.

You cannot fight with knives against tanks.
hum, with AT we will have weapon for fight against ethereum. We cannot ''underestimate'' them power for attract people. i see 3 weeks ago a lot of young people really happy to mine ether in their testnet.  They have a really good public relation and ''show them face to public'' .So public can associate ''real human'' with this project.  Maybe we need to do ''our coming out'' and go out our confort zone. All nxt group of java developper stay in shadow (me too also), this is only reflexion : can we stay like this Huh.  Ether is now your main competitor.

The ethereum guys are VERY effective at appealing to peoples emotions. Watch the high production videos and the way they present themselves. They are able to speak very fervently during presentations. That is currently their strength that Nxt lacks.

There would also actus be analyzed . actus open source smart contracts.

This software Ethereum is based

The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation awarded Stevens Institute of Technology a grant to work on the proposal entitled "Creating a standard language for financial contracts and a contract-centric analytical framework". The standard follows the theoretical groundwork laid down in the book "Unified Financial Analysis" (1) - UFA.The goal of this project is to build a financial instrument reference database that represents virtually all financial contracts as algorithms that link changes in risk factors (market risk, credit risk, and behavior, etc.) to cash flow obligations of financial contracts. This reference database will be the technological core of a future open source community that will maintain and evolve standardized financial contract representations for the use of regulators, risk managers, and researchers.
The objective of the project is to develop a set of about 30 unique contract types (CT’s) that represent virtually all existing financial contracts and which generate state contingent cash flows at a high level of precision. The term of art that describes the impact of changes in the risk factors on the cash flow obligations of a financial contract is called “state contingent cash flows,” which are the key input to virtually all financial analysis including models that assess financial risk.

http://www.projectactus.org/
NxtMinnow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:31:38 PM

Nxt Automated Transactions, once developed, will provide the same "Turing complete" functionality described by the Ethereum group. Nxt is currently developing AT just as Ethereum is in process of developing their "Turing complete" capability.

Ethereum has not released their currency or their main net. This presents a very large financial risk for Ethereum to attempt to implement contracts in the blockchain.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:36:28 PM

I am no programmer! But how about something like this:

Each forger determines who will forge the 10th next block. When creating the block he takes the data from the previous block to create a hash. From this hash he also determines the 10th next block forger. To make this strategy not predictable, we will have to implement a random variable that can't be predicted. Any ideas for this?

So now lets say we are on block 1000 and Forger A is the creating this block. He determines that B will forge block 1010. Now we know block 1001,1002,1003,1004,1005,1006,1007,1008,1009 and 1010 but we can't predict 1011. Only once Block 1001 is forged we will know that.

Is that idea retarded?

Pages: « 1 ... 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 [2344] 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: