Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:48:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:28:19 AM

i have paid a while back is it too late to claim my nem coin i paid when we were at page 10

It's not too late, it's too early.

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 06:57:08 AM

Here are some colours...
Just in case this does gain some traction as a logo idea...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53047281/v.png

This is really cool. Reminds me of the olympic logo in a way.

reminds me of an old game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q*bert

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
JavaCoder

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:59:37 AM

Updates

1/19 : the fundraising began
2/17 : the fundraising closed
update 2/17 : plans ahead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg5206938#msg5206938
update 2/19 : an unified stake holder list would be made on 2/22 which is three days from today. You need to file a complaint in the stake complaint thread by that day if you think you are a stakeholder but you are not on the list or on the list without Y.
update 2/21 : waiting list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467027.msg5159558#msg5159558
update 2/24 : what is stakeholder list public auditing ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg5338775#msg5338775; unified stakeholder list published (check the link above)

to utopianfuture,
Is there any news about NEM development?  Smiley
sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:46:45 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Utopian wanted to stay away from the types of logos where all three letters are combined in some way. I'd agree with that. Just sharing my opinion.

+1
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 08:57:48 AM

Updates

update 2/17 : plans ahead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg5206938#msg5206938
update 2/19 : an unified stake holder list would be made on 2/22 which is three days from today. You need to file a complaint in the stake complaint thread by that day if you think you are a stakeholder but you are not on the list or on the list without Y.
update 2/21 : waiting list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467027.msg5159558#msg5159558
update 2/24 : what is stakeholder list public auditing ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg5338775#msg5338775; unified stakeholder list published (check the link above)

to utopianfuture,

We are busy writing code. At some point we will make a test system public, I think, but Jaguar will decide that. I think Jaguar will try to give weekly updates on development.

Once code is more stable I think the plan is to put it in our public github repository.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:23:18 AM

A farmer wants to cross a river and take with him a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage. There is a boat that can fit himself plus either the wolf, the goat, or the cabbage. If the wolf and the goat are alone on one shore, the wolf will eat the goat. If the goat and the cabbage are alone on the shore, the goat will eat the cabbage.

How can the farmer bring the wolf, the goat, and the cabbage across the river?

is this a similar problem to crypto and need for third party? Huh I have no clue.

Farmer takes Goat across (leaving Wolf and Cabbage behind)
Farmer returns alone
Farmer takes Wolf across
Farmer returns with Goat

* We now have the Farmer, the Cabbage and the Goat on one side and the Wolf on the other side

Farmer takes Cabbage across
Farmer returns alone
Farmer takes Goat across

j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:00:33 AM

What do you guys think of the spike Auroracoin has had. I knew I should have mined it when it came out.

It's big because of the potential promotion, by giving half of all coins to everyone in Iceland. We have to think of something that can make Nem this big so early on. The 3,000 stakeholders helps and puts us at a better position than most coins, but we need something even bigger. Something that will make the cryptomedia talk about us the same they're doing with Auroracoin.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
newNEM

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:07:25 AM

Updates

to utopianfuture,

We are busy writing code. At some point we will make a test system public, I think, but Jaguar will decide that. I think Jaguar will try to give weekly updates on development.

Once code is more stable I think the plan is to put it in our public github repository.

Glad to hear that NEM is developing and will have weekly update. I believe this will give us more interests to come to forum and participate NEM activities.
good work!
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:13:20 AM

Lol I used to love playing that game and guess what I was thinking when I drew that picture Cheesy

ashapasa

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:13:49 AM

What do you guys think of the spike Auroracoin has had. I knew I should have mined it when it came out.

It's big because of the potential promotion, by giving half of all coins to everyone in Iceland. We have to think of something that can make Nem this big so early on. The 3,000 stakeholders helps and puts us at a better position than most coins, but we need something even bigger. Something that will make the cryptomedia talk about us the same they're doing with Auroracoin.

Me too, but my wallet would not sync so I gave up Angry. I think its a bubble just like the earlier vertcoin spike. What do you think people of Iceland would do with the coins they receive, they cant spend it on any goods. Most people will not even use it thinking its a gimmick and those who do will sell it for Bitcoin to actually buy stuff.

I would not buy it now, price is way too high ( But what do I know). I guess we can declare NEM the crypto currency of Zimbabwe  Grin and hope Robert Mugabe does not execute poor UP and dev team  Grin
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:16:09 AM

Me too, but my wallet would not sync so I gave up Angry. I think its a bubble just like the earlier vertcoin spike. What do you think people of Iceland would do with the coins they receive, they cant spend it on any goods. Most people will not even use it thinking its a gimmick and those who do will sell it for Bitcoin to actually buy stuff.

I would not buy it now, price is way too high ( But what do I know). I guess we can declare NEM the crypto currency of Zimbabwe  Grin and hope Robert Mugabe does not execute poor UP and dev team  Grin

I hadn't heard of Auroracoin until I saw it listed near the top of coinmarketcap last night with a ? next to it.  At that time is was at around $8, which at the time I thought was overpriced, but now it's almost $20.  

It's even on BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26083733

With that kind of coverage, it's bound to get a lot of interest.  We need something similar for NEM to raise awareness, something that would grab the headlines.
Tosun14

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:23:55 AM

I hadn't heard of Auroracoin until I saw it listed near the top of coinmarketcap last night with a ? next to it.  At that time is was at around $8, which at the time I thought was overpriced, but now it's almost $20.  

It's even on BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26083733

With that kind of coverage, it's bound to get a lot of interest.  We need something similar for NEM to raise awareness, something that would grab the headlines.

We could help Ukraine because of the protests by giving people NEM or something.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
j23a

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:42:11 AM

I was thinking something similar, that they won't know what to do with it. Though there are going to probably be thousands who will give it a try.

But I'm talking in terms of promotion, something that can get Nem noticed just as much.

sjarkara

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:42:50 AM

Lol I used to love playing that game and guess what I was thinking when I drew that picture Cheesy

Maybe someone can write a flappy bird clone. Flappy NEM. Highest score gets a part of a stake every month till NEM is launched.
ashapasa

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:50:32 AM

I was thinking something similar, that they won't know what to do with it. Though there are going to probably be thousands who will give it a try.

But I'm talking in terms of promotion, something that can get Nem noticed just as much.

I think its a risky stunt, the Icelandic government will very likely crackdown on it. There are lot of causes we can attach NEM with, but I dont think the heat generated will be good for the people involved.
ashapasa

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:52:01 AM

Maybe someone can write a flappy bird clone. Flappy NEM. Highest score gets a part of a stake every month till NEM is launched.

thats a cool idea  Smiley
Tosun14

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:54:21 AM

What happened to all our signatures btw? I don't see any colours.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
ashapasa

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:56:13 AM

Guess they changed the code Huh but I like it Cheesy
j23a

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:56:24 AM

I think its a risky stunt, the Icelandic government will very likely crackdown on it. There are lot of causes we can attach NEM with, but I dont think the heat generated will be good for the people involved.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting for Nem to do something similar. It would be just copying it. What I'm saying is that it would be nice if we can think of an original idea that will make Nem really big really soon.

ashapasa

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:59:42 AM

I get what u are saying  Smiley . We should keep thinking, something will come up. btw you should join the NEM Promotion Board all the guys interested in helping out are in that board. Just send a PM to UP to be added. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: