Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 12:22:04 PM

NEM sounds really professional concept compared these others alts. IMO devs are doing amazing job and there is no urgent need to report every simple step here and no need to hurry. NEM is hopefully going to be game changer in the launch.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
check07

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:35:02 PM

So is the stakeholder list now final? And including the choosen ones of the waiting list?

Not yet. Waiting list will be considered after we deal with the refunding process.

I think all who not are sockpuppets, be able to prove it, and will have nothing to fear
DontPanic_42

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:43:04 PM

We are about on the block -10000. So it will take us sometimes to reach the block 22000 Wink We are now pulling all the resource to make the alpha happen. After that, thing will probably get more exciting. Should remember often productive developers are not the chit-chat type. I only know one that can troll and code at the same time Wink
Anyway, Nem core team is going strong and I have a sense that we are working together better than ever.

Block -10,000 you say? Nice to hear. Now we just need to now the blocktime and we can setup a countdown    Tongue 

Just joking  Grin
Take all the time you need

BetaNEM: TDHJCC-EDXVEM-CLENVM-RHCGPG-I2PG2P-3MJWDX-ZMHN
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:57:43 PM

So is the stakeholder list now final? And including the choosen ones of the waiting list?

Not yet. Waiting list will be considered after we deal with the refunding process.

i understand, but this really make me sorry. I really hope to join this Movement!
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:22:20 PM

@updates from devs and stuff:

Major updates are always on the first page of this thread. Smaller updates are posted by UP if deemed necessary.
The truth sometimes there is just nothing new to report. Would you rather hear "we're working on it" every day instead of some bigger updates from time to time ? Smiley

I'm droping by quite often (multiple times a day) and try to answer any questions and relay any infos to the team. Some things are also not meant for the public yet as they aren't final and we wan't to avoid "but you said" shitstorms.

Я xoчy знaть, ecть ли нaпpaвлeниe нa бaзe кpиптoплaтфopмы NEM дeцeнтpaлизoвaнныe интepнeт caйты в paмкax тoгo, чтoбы нa бaзe этиx интepнeт caйтoв coздaть в ближaйшeм бyдyщeм дeцeнтpaлизoвaнныe aнoнимныe aвтoнoмныe кopпopaции?

Ждy oбнoвлeй пo этoмy вoпpocy, вeдь вceoбщaя глoбaльнaя дeцeнтpaлизaция - этo нaшe бyдyщee и шaг нaвcтpeчy нoвoгo paзвития вceгo чeлoвeчecтвa в цeлoм.

Google translate doesn't give me much (at least I don't really get it) so please ask in english.

This is how i understood his question:

I want to know whether NEM will be a decentralized crypto platform on which will be possible to
build (host) decentralized internet sites and autonomous decentralized companies (DACs)?

Looking forward on this issue, because the general global decentralization
- This is our future and a step towards a new development of all mankind in general.

That basically asks if NEM can work as both Ethereum +Maidsafe. IMO, NEM will be on a different technological roadmap from these projects. If we start from Bitcoin we see that Bitcoin brought in two fundamental innovations : 1. blockchain technology as a shared public ledger and 2. Conceptualize Bitcoin as a currency/ means of payment with an aim to rethink money system.

Maidsafe has a quite different decentralized technology meanwhile Ethererum tech is essentially the same blockchain based one but both of them focusing on applying and expanding distributed network tech on multiple tech industries such social, messages, storage etc. So their goals are to replace and complete with the likes of Dropbox (favorite Vitalik example), Facebook, Whatsapp etc.

I have a different conceptual roadmap. What's more feasible and even more desirable is to push the frontier in the direction of a complete re-imagination of money and banking system. To do that we need a careful examination of all the functions that banking system have advanced since the birth of the modern banking system and to see How a decentralized framework can better them in efficiency and transparency. These are the works I have been doing (conceptualization) and imo that would make NEM distinct from all other competitors and projects. I can't go into more details but here are some areas that I hope NEM would pioneer: re-imagining personal loan, re-imagining FICO, re-imagining social lending etc.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
jnuqsx

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:31:15 PM

i have a feeling nem is going to be allot bigger then most think.. if nem can make good on everything promised at launch i dont think anyone will have anything to troll about! as for the value... i can easy see it reaching 100million market cap fairly fast if everything is functional and ready to go on launch.. and seriously hope there is a really good multipool on launch too...! Smiley
I have same feeling!hope all come true! Cheesy
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:35:45 PM

4 billion nem coins will be created in the genisis block right?

That's the plan yeah.

There were talks about reducing the amount by the size of unclaimed / refunded stakes but that never really caught on I think.
In any event it shouldn't affect the value of one stake since fewer coins in total or more coins per stake should result in the same value per stake.

cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:56:01 PM

i have a feeling nem is going to be allot bigger then most think.. if nem can make good on everything promised at launch i dont think anyone will have anything to troll about! as for the value... i can easy see it reaching 100million market cap fairly fast if everything is functional and ready to go on launch.. and seriously hope there is a really good multipool on launch too...! Smiley

is there much being done in terms of pre launch marketing? or any plans? i think there should be a strong marketing plan nearer launch time (only if everything  planned for launch is ready)

get nem well known, focus on everything being ready and how well the ipo was run compared to other coins.

build a brand name early.

any thoughts on getting a global design done like > https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg9066/#msg9066

this is very important for branding and this can be done well before launch.. have all websites and forums conform to the new design aswell and get this done early in order to present a good professional image for nem.. just look at how good the image of ethereum and there site is due to just having a good design early on...

can funds be used from the registration fees to pay for such a thing or does it go against the rules?

also seeing as nem is written from scratch i think some exchanges may have issues supporting it so perhaps write up a help guide sort of thing to help exchanges add nem.. perhaps have a direct line to a dev that worked on nem so the exchanges can have answers to questions fast and not have to publicly ask for help...

patmast3r... that makes good sence no point excluding people for no reason.. are you keeping any stakes for bounties or for that auction idea that came up?

edit: also more pics here of website design and client.. i think it looks good! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

i dont mean to use the same thing just to have a profesionaly done design thats universal so all websites or anything nem related can adopt the same color/design scheme! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

+1000

yeah I dont see much work done in terms of marketing, project like NEM certainly deserve it. Lets organize some stakeholders in productive units Cheesy

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
unvoid

Activity: 535

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:00:55 PM

Should remember often productive developers are not the chit-chat type. I only know one that can troll and code at the same time Wink

Come-from-Beyond    Grin
Made me laugh Smiley I always wondering how cfb spending all time on forums and coding at the same time.

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF
patmast3r

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:05:16 PM

is there much being done in terms of pre launch marketing? or any plans? i think there should be a strong marketing plan nearer launch time (only if everything  planned for launch is ready)

get nem well known, focus on everything being ready and how well the ipo was run compared to other coins.

any thoughts on getting a global design done like > https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg9066/#msg9066

this is very important for branding and this can be done well before launch.. have all websites and forums conform to the new design aswell and get this done early in order to present a good professional image for nem.. just look at how good the image of ethereum and there site is due to just having a good design early on...

can funds be used from the registration fees to pay for such a thing or does it go against the rules?

also seeing as nem is written from scratch i think some exchanges may have issues supporting it so perhaps write up a help guide sort of thing to help exchanges add nem.. perhaps have a direct line to a dev that worked on nem so the exchanges can have answers to questions fast and not have to publicly ask for help...

patmast3r... that makes good sence no point excluding people for no reason.. are you keeping any stakes for bounties or for that auction idea that came up?

edit: also more pics here of website design and client.. i think it looks good! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

i dont mean to use the same thing just to have a profesionaly done design thats universal so all websites or anything nem related can adopt the same color/design scheme! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

There's already a card on the trello board to come up with a branding concept - logo should be first though Smiley

Of course exchanges are a priority and we are already in talks with exchanges as we'd like to launch with them ready.
Naturally our devs will help overcome any trouble implementing NEM for exchanges.

Personally I'm not sure if the more exchanges the better is a valid hypothesis. I'd like hand picked, well established exchanges to have NEM listed instead of every single exchange that trades every crap coin out there. That's just my opinion though.

Marketing is currently afaik not really being worked on much. We have our awesome swarm team ready (everyone is still welcome to join !!!) to post all over the interwebs but until there is a 100% solid plan with a release date I'd hold off on that.

Thanks for bringing the NXT branding posts to attention !

c2e

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:07:54 PM

Lets speculate on the price again guys!

How long after launch will we see .00001000?
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:24:13 PM

i see min marketcap for NEM 100000BTC, we will se .00001 maybe on start, but i hope never Smiley

IOTA
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:29:58 PM

i see min marketcap for NEM 100000BTC, we will se .00001 maybe on start, but i hope never Smiley

4 billion coins right?

@0.00001 it is 40000 BTC and nearly NXT market cap.

Highly unlikely that NEM is able to get that from the start. But after some time, yeah I am sure it will be that high.

Also that means every stake is worth about 8 btc!

TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:30:31 PM

I think having a unified design aesthetic across all platforms (client, website, forum etc.) is vitally important for NEM. It helps to establish NEM as recognisable brand.

At the moment the client mock-ups, the forum and the website all look completely different, which saddens me slightly...

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:04:07 PM

@updates from devs and stuff:

Major updates are always on the first page of this thread. Smaller updates are posted by UP if deemed necessary.
The truth sometimes there is just nothing new to report. Would you rather hear "we're working on it" every day instead of some bigger updates from time to time ? Smiley

I'm droping by quite often (multiple times a day) and try to answer any questions and relay any infos to the team. Some things are also not meant for the public yet as they aren't final and we wan't to avoid "but you said" shitstorms.

Я xoчy знaть, ecть ли нaпpaвлeниe нa бaзe кpиптoплaтфopмы NEM дeцeнтpaлизoвaнныe интepнeт caйты в paмкax тoгo, чтoбы нa бaзe этиx интepнeт caйтoв coздaть в ближaйшeм бyдyщeм дeцeнтpaлизoвaнныe aнoнимныe aвтoнoмныe кopпopaции?

Ждy oбнoвлeй пo этoмy вoпpocy, вeдь вceoбщaя глoбaльнaя дeцeнтpaлизaция - этo нaшe бyдyщee и шaг нaвcтpeчy нoвoгo paзвития вceгo чeлoвeчecтвa в цeлoм.

Google translate doesn't give me much (at least I don't really get it) so please ask in english.

This is how i understood his question:

I want to know whether NEM will be a decentralized crypto platform on which will be possible to
build (host) decentralized internet sites and autonomous decentralized companies (DACs)?

Looking forward on this issue, because the general global decentralization
- This is our future and a step towards a new development of all mankind in general.

That basically asks if NEM can work as both Ethereum +Maidsafe. IMO, NEM will be on a different technological roadmap from these projects. If we start from Bitcoin we see that Bitcoin brought in two fundamental innovations : 1. blockchain technology as a shared public ledger and 2. Conceptualize Bitcoin as a currency/ means of payment with an aim to rethink money system.

Maidsafe has a quite different decentralized technology meanwhile Ethererum tech is essentially the same blockchain based one but both of them focusing on applying and expanding distributed network tech on multiple tech industries such social, messages, storage etc. So their goals are to replace and complete with the likes of Dropbox (favorite Vitalik example), Facebook, Whatsapp etc.

I have a different conceptual roadmap. What's more feasible and even more desirable is to push the frontier in the direction of a complete re-imagination of money and banking system. To do that we need a careful examination of all the functions that banking system have advanced since the birth of the modern banking system and to see How a decentralized framework can better them in efficiency and transparency. These are the works I have been doing (conceptualization) and imo that would make NEM distinct from all other competitors and projects. I can't go into more details but here are some areas that I hope NEM would pioneer: re-imagining personal loan, re-imagining FICO, re-imagining social lending etc.  

It's good to read some refreshing thoughts. Crypto-currency is re-imagining the world as we speak through some very compelling experiments.
mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

NEM sounds really professional concept compared these others alts. IMO devs are doing amazing job and there is no urgent need to report every simple step here and no need to hurry. NEM is hopefully going to be game changer in the launch.

+1

How many coins there are? 200+ ?
Who feels so good to study and invest and follow them, even 5 - 10 ?
The variety of coins indicates more pump and dump than new innovations. So sad.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Trishula

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:14:22 PM

I'm very excited for this coin's release, great idea and keep up the good work!!
patmast3r

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:20:21 PM

I think having a unified design aesthetic across all platforms (client, website, forum etc.) is vitally important for NEM. It helps to establish NEM as recognisable brand.

At the moment the client mock-ups, the forum and the website all look completely different, which saddens me slightly...

ya its not good to have everything different! i think we should get together asap and get it done!

i have an idea... if the devs are not allowed use funds already paid as registration(incase all goes tits up and everyone wants refunds) why not keep an alloted slot of stakes that are sold on the basis that the funds from those stakes are used for such things as pre-launch branding(ie. the buyer cannot claim back funds if it doesnt launch). that way no one pays out of there own pocket and it gets done.. now rather then weeks after launch!

i suggest an auction straight after the refund list is finalized but theres a catch with the auction...

say 100 stakes will be up for grabs out of all left over stakes..

15 go up for the first auction.. this auction is for pre-launch branding(like the link i put up from the nxt forum)

minimum starting price of 1 btc...

because this is for pre-launch branding the funds will be spent so the buyers cannot claim back the money if nem does not launch..

so in return only 10/11 of the stakes will be sold but the whole 15 is split between buyers of the stakes. this will give a much higher incentive to bid as you will get a nice chunk extra and the devs will get to spend the money on branding ect which is desperately needs doing.

each nem stake is sold on its own, each in single nem stake batches.. no more then 2 stakes per member and minimum bidder status must be atleast a "member".. to prevent sock puppets. any one who is on the stake holder list can bid but is only allowed one stake and also only if the accounts is atleast a member(as many people do have more then 2 accounts i have no doubt)

if you dont get a stake your welcome to bid on the next stake.

bidding to last 2 days per stake but with atleast a weeks notice before any bidding starts.

thoughts???

Why make everything so complicated ?
We have a) still time for a branding and b) already designers on board. I don't think we need to pay for every single thing. After all we're still a movement. Usually the members of a movement do stuff even if not everything pays.

My proposal is:

1. Find a logo.
2. Choose a color.
3. have a designer put it together into a branding concept.
4. Apply it to all channels.
5. Profit.

Obviously this sounds easier than it is if you want to do it right.

Every single one of these things only needs extra funding if we aren't satiesfied with the output of the people we already have on board (i.e. if we have to hire someone).
We didn't start a crazy auction to have someone design the NCC GUI and it still turned out very nicely.

Just my 2 nakamotos.

patmast3r

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:42:32 PM

@pat

very true points.. do you have anyone that can put togther a universal design/color scheme?

any links to anything done?

I'd say the same person that did the NCC GUI would be very much capable of putting that together. Unfortunately I don't know any of his works other than that.

deftonikus

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:10:30 PM

any thoughts on color scheme for NEM?
wallet mockups are Green-Orange, I found it fresh, relaxed and kinda modern I dont see this color scheme often, which is good I think.
Nxt Blue-Gold says trust, power, royalty, I love that scheme too. It is very important for NEM to look good, todays biznis is all about looks.
I also suppot idea that design should be done by professionals, I can always easily distinguish pro/amateurish quality of design, and I am sure, It always shapes my attitude towards the product on subconscious level.

Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: