Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003802 times)
gambitx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:51:32 PM

LOL you are working overtime to shill today. Are you going to go around to everyone's posts and start bashing posters.  You have the right in a free market to ask/beg people for 36 million and you are chastising people's right to complain or ask questions?  What kind of jerk are you and how much do you get paid to be a board monitor in your attempts to stifle any negative comments towards this huge money grab by your friends?

Last I'm responding to you cause it'll just loop. I'm not involved in this project. In fact, if you look at my posts, you'll see I'm involved in a totally different cryptocurrency proposal. I'm expressing my opinion because I've seen you spread FUD over and over in this thread and it's drowning others out. I'm not bashing your posts either (you told me to kill myself in one of yours btw). What I'm trying to tell you is that nobody is asking for "36 million". I don't know where you got that, or what you misread, but it's just plain wrong, and if you just leave it like that, people will get confused because you keep posting it over and over. There is a hard cap of 30k BTC. They're not asking for that, they're saying if it reaches that, it would be ridiculous to allow it to keep going. They've got spending plans that will be made public that go up to a certain point, and I imagine it does not exceed that level, so that's where it's hard capped.

It's ridiculous to allow it to keep it going beyond anything more than $5Million , do you realize how much $36Million is ? You can build a large 5 story building with that money, in some countries you can build a tower.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:53:45 PM

Glad to be a part of the beginning  Cool

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:54:45 PM

so why don't you build on top of PPC if you are going to use pow/pos? not profitable enough?
digitalmagus

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:55:05 PM

I was really hoping the Ethereum team was going to start answering some of the serious questions in this thread, but I'll give them a break for a few days since I know they are at the Miami conference. I just hope they are not discouraged by pages and pages of posts by people who don't seem to have spent any significant amount of time researching this project.

If you are seriously concerned then please frame your posts in the form respectful intelligent questions rather than accusatory bashing rants. You'll find you have more support when you post coherently and factually. Have you actually read the white paper (at least twice), read the previous 28 page thread by tacotime, or bothered to research the core team behind Ethereum and some of their recent work? (rhetorical question). Is 30,000 BTC + 50% premine of the initial batch of coins too much? Maybe. From a 'how much $$ do they really need to operate full time for ~3 years to develop this into a solid platform without having to worry about rent, consultants and lawyer fees' - It definitely strikes me on the high side but not crazy excessive. From a 'this thing *may* really be the best bitcoin 2.0 platform we'll see for a while'... 30,000 BTC is going to seem like a very cheap valuation in hindsight. BTW, 30,000 BTC is the max they could raise. They may raise a tiny fraction of that, we shall see.
gambitx

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:55:30 PM

LOL you are working overtime to shill today. Are you going to go around to everyone's posts and start bashing posters.  You have the right in a free market to ask/beg people for 36 million and you are chastising people's right to complain or ask questions?  What kind of jerk are you and how much do you get paid to be a board monitor in your attempts to stifle any negative comments towards this huge money grab by your friends?

Last I'm responding to you cause it'll just loop. I'm not involved in this project. In fact, if you look at my posts, you'll see I'm involved in a totally different cryptocurrency proposal. I'm expressing my opinion because I've seen you spread FUD over and over in this thread and it's drowning others out. I'm not bashing your posts either (you told me to kill myself in one of yours btw). What I'm trying to tell you is that nobody is asking for "36 million". I don't know where you got that, or what you misread, but it's just plain wrong, and if you just leave it like that, people will get confused because you keep posting it over and over. There is a hard cap of 30k BTC. They're not asking for that, they're saying if it reaches that, it would be ridiculous to allow it to keep going. They've got spending plans that will be made public that go up to a certain point, and I imagine it does not exceed that level, so that's where it's hard capped.

you haven't even addressed the issue of 50% premine ontop of the ridiculous amount of money they look to fundraise.
gutshot5820

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:56:41 PM

So you think putting a hard cap of 30K btc is different then asking for 36 million?  You are seriously mind warped.  Asking is not the same as getting, duh but the mere gall to assume even put the cap that high is total greed and money grab and I will definitely be calling the US Attorneys office to vet your friend's proposal because the more I think of it, the more I think it is illegal in US in the way they are trying to take 36 million from joe public.
_ingsoc

Activity: 452

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:01:41 PM

It's ridiculous to allow it to keep it going beyond anything more than $5Million , do you realize how much $36Million is ? You can build a large 5 story building with that money, in some countries you can build a tower.

I've got no idea. I'm not involved in this project - but according to posts above this, I'm a conspiracy too! I think the project is interesting, and I read most of it. It looks like people have become really fixated on details that don't even matter. Like how everyone freaked out about 1.2t coins until Canth used logic instead of screaming and pointed out we don't get to the hard limit of coins until the year 26k. If you look at what the people said who are part of the project, you'll see that the 30k BTC is a hard cap. It's pretty obvious that the project hopes to attract interest from a broad range of people, so it's not really that much if you add up the numbers. There are 0.25m users that have posted on this forum alone, and only a small percentage of people who will contribute will probably be from Bitcointalk. It's a ton of money for an individual, but for a large project, no way. But don't shoot me about it, I'm not even a messenger!

gambitx

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:01:47 PM

I was really hoping the Ethereum team was going to start answering some of the serious questions in this thread, but I'll give them a break for a few days since I know they are at the Miami conference. I just hope they are not discouraged by pages and pages of posts by people who don't seem to have spent any significant amount of time researching this project.

If you are seriously concerned then please frame your posts in the form respectful intelligent questions rather than accusatory bashing rants. You'll find you have more support when you post coherently and factually. Have you actually read the white paper (at least twice), read the previous 28 page thread by tacotime, or bothered to research the core team behind Ethereum and some of their recent work? (rhetorical question). Is 30,000 BTC + 50% premine of the initial batch of coins too much? Maybe. From a 'how much $$ do they really need to operate full time for ~3 years to develop this into a solid platform without having to worry about rent, consultants and lawyer fees' - It definitely strikes me on the high side but not crazy excessive. From a 'this thing *may* really be the best bitcoin 2.0 platform we'll see for a while'... $36 million is going to seem like a very cheap valuation in hindsight.

IT IS CRAZY excessive, no one i mean no one ever calculates their startup costs 3-5 years in advance plus obviously buying their own homes for their future security. Just think for a moment how much $36Million is and what it can get you. They are basically doing a ZERO risk approach + guaranteed Super Profits. Even if ethereum fails they will still get away with huge sums of money.
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:02:39 PM

...I will definitely be calling the US Attorneys office...

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

+1 Dogecoin.

Klonewars

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:02:59 PM

Sorry I had to post. I just watched the video and its true at 8.10 they mention some involved are from Goldman Sachs. I'm telling you do NOT trust this coin. I'm not saying you wont make money, in fact its got enough backing I bet that it may well be successful. But I can tell you now whether the founders know it or not they are being played by bigger powers than themselves. I was wondering when a bigg central bank connection would try to get its foot in door of digital currencies and here it is. You can guarantee that it was Goldman Sachs money that brought together an unsuspecting talented team to create this. Goldman is more than a bank they are the powers that be....The IPO even sounds like a shit IPO that Goldman has been involved in like Facebook etc. Buy it if you want, make some money and then never use this shit ever again......

I'm not shrill I have no reason other than knowing enough about Goldman Sachs and the banking elite that this has powerful elite written all over it. This is not against the founders I expect they were just rounded up and head hunted...

http://euro-med.dk/bil/goldman-sachs-20conquers-20europe.jpg

The greatest conspiracy theory since Satoshi Nakamoto. Can we get this to the press?

http://www.commieblaster.com/images/nwo/new-world-order.jpg

Calling something a conspiracy is the easy way to try to discredit anything these days, yeah just lump financial corruption with aliens and bigfoot. Bright...

Can I remind you Libor fixing was called a crazy conpiracy as was gold fixing, as was the NSA recording all your communications....
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

If you are seriously concerned then please frame your posts in the form respectful intelligent questions rather than accusatory bashing rants. You'll find you have more support when you post coherently and factually. Have you actually read the white paper (at least twice), read the previous 28 page thread by tacotime, or bothered to research the core team behind Ethereum and some of their recent work? (rhetorical question). Is 30,000 BTC + 50% premine of the initial batch of coins too much? Maybe. From a 'how much $$ do they really need to operate full time for ~3 years to develop this into a solid platform without having to worry about rent, consultants and lawyer fees' - It definitely strikes me on the high side but not crazy excessive. From a 'this thing *may* really be the best bitcoin 2.0 platform we'll see for a while'... $36 million is going to seem like a very cheap valuation in hindsight.

You are crazy off in your calculations, 36 million to support how many guys for how many years and that is not excessive?  We are living in two different worlds because I'm sure any venture capitalist would tell these guys to blow off if they presented them with the investment numbers they are asking from the public.  You are acting as if this coin will actually survive in the long run.  Every coin forum I have been to has a group of devs that think they have the best and innovative tech.  You know what?  There will be more coins and even better tech next month from the next group and so on and so on.  If ANY coin survived in the long run it would make a 100M investment look cheap, that is a very lame apologist explanation.  The chances of any coin to surviving besides bitcoin after the crypto hype is over is slim to none.  This coin and every coin before and after it is a long long long shot to survive when the crypto hype dies.  You can take all the technology you want and nobody cares except for tech nerds.  The only thing people care about in coins is the ability to transfer money anonymously and liquidity liquidity liquidity.  What good is a coin if you cant cash it out, I dont care what tech is behind it.
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:12:25 PM

Sorry I had to post. I just watched the video and its true at 8.10 they mention some involved are from Goldman Sachs. I'm telling you do NOT trust this coin. I'm not saying you wont make money, in fact its got enough backing I bet that it may well be successful. But I can tell you now whether the founders know it or not they are being played by bigger powers than themselves. I was wondering when a bigg central bank connection would try to get its foot in door of digital currencies and here it is. You can guarantee that it was Goldman Sachs money that brought together an unsuspecting talented team to create this. Goldman is more than a bank they are the powers that be....The IPO even sounds like a shit IPO that Goldman has been involved in like Facebook etc. Buy it if you want, make some money and then never use this shit ever again......

I'm not shrill I have no reason other than knowing enough about Goldman Sachs and the banking elite that this has powerful elite written all over it. This is not against the founders I expect they were just rounded up and head hunted...

http://euro-med.dk/bil/goldman-sachs-20conquers-20europe.jpg

The greatest conspiracy theory since Satoshi Nakamoto. Can we get this to the press?

Calling something a conspiracy is the easy way to try to discredit anything these days, yeah just lump financial corruption with aliens and bigfoot. Bright...

Can I remind you Libor fixing was called a crazy conpiracy as was gold fixing, as was the NSA recording all your communications....

That's fair. I do want to say my intent with that was to be non-serious though. It's the Internet after all. I just think it's a bit crazy to start going nuts about Goldman Sachs because Charles said someone who worked for them (past tense) is working on the project. We don't even know if that person is just someone who is interested in the project (like any of us) and is volunteering, but we're happy to go apeshit at the drop of a word. We don't even know if that person quit Goldman Sachs because they hated it, that's a possibility too. You do know that bankers own a big chunk of Bitcoin, right? And what if I told you SN was involved in the intelligence community? It's all possible...

vanea84

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:13:51 PM

Count me IN! Good luck!
gutshot5820

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:16:00 PM

...I will definitely be calling the US Attorneys office...

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin
So you think a bunch of guys that nobody verified their credentials or business plan can come out and just say hello invest 36 million dollars in our company through a self sponsored IPO and you think it's perfectly legal in the USA? Yup don't worry we are responsible, we've got a youtube video and a message board on [Suspicious link removed]ounds pretty fishy to me.
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:17:43 PM

You are crazy off in your calculations, 36 million to support how many guys for how many years and that is not excessive?  We are living in two different worlds because I'm sure any venture capitalist would tell these guys to blow off if they presented them with the investment numbers they are asking from the public.  You are acting as if this coin will actually survive in the long run.  Every coin forum I have been to has a group of devs that think they have the best and innovative tech.  You know what?  There will be more coins and even better tech next month from the next group and so on and so on.  If ANY coin survived in the long run it would make a 100M investment look cheap, that is a very lame apologist explanation.  The chances of any coin to surviving besides bitcoin after the crypto hype is over is slim to none.  This coin and every coin before and after it is a long long long shot to survive when the crypto hype dies.  You can take all the technology you want and nobody cares except for tech nerds.  The only thing people care about in coins is the ability to transfer money anonymously and liquidity liquidity liquidity.  What good is a coin if you cant cash it out, I dont care what tech is behind it.

You're right. We should never think of anything ever again. This is the furthest humanity will ever go, and we've reached it. Let's shut down everything. Ideas are scary, and they're risky, and that's why we do them. I think it's cool that these guys are at least trying to do something interesting. That's all there is to it. It's novel, they're delivering code, and they're open about things. That's cool to me.

marcusnz

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:19:10 PM

If I buy this coin and don't make much i'm going to be pissed that the skinny little geek is going to be snorting coke of one of his Faggot Dungeons and Dragons buddies butt crack.

You need to RESPECT and LISTEN CAREFULLY to that skinny little geek... he already knows more than most of us ever will.

What the hell is wrong with you people?!?    Huh

I think you're both right. lol
CoinManiac

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:20:13 PM

Definately going to invest. I am in

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:20:41 PM

in-teresting.
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:21:52 PM

So you think a bunch of guys that nobody verified their credentials or business plan can come out and just say hello invest 36 million dollars in our company through a self sponsored IPO and you think it's perfectly legal in the USA? Yup don't worry we are responsible, we've got a youtube video and a message board on [Suspicious link removed]ounds pretty fishy to me.

Yup, no credibility. It's all bullshit. What world do you live in?

• Vitalik Buterin → Inventor of Ethereum, Partner at KryptoKit and Cofounder of Bitcoin Magazine
  • Anthony Di Iorio → Founder and Executive Director of the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, Bitcoin Decentral, KryptoKit
  • Charles Hoskinson → Former CEO of Invictus Innovations and Director of the Bitcoin Education Project
  • Mihai Alisie → Founder of Bitcoin Magazine and Egora
  • Dr. Gavin Wood: Core C++ Developer
  • Geff Obscura: Core Go Developer
  • Dr. Emanuele Costa: Quantitative Analyst; SCRUM Master
  • Joseph Lubin: Software Engineering, Quantitative Analyst
  • Eric Lombrozo: Software Architect
  • Max Kaye: Developer
  • Jonathan Mohan: Media, Marketing and Evangelism (BitcoinNYC)
  • Wendell Davis: Strategic Partner and Branding (Hive Wallet)
  • Anthony Donofrio: Logos, branding, Web Development (Hive Wallet)
  • Taylor Gerring: Web Development
  • Paul Snow: Language Development, Software Development
  • Chris Odom: Strategic Partner, Developer (Open Transactions)
  • Jerry Liu and Bin Lu: Chinese strategy and translations (http://www.8btc.com/ethereum)
  • Hai Nguyen: Accounting
  • Amir Shetrit: Business Development (Colored Coins)
  • Steve Dakh: Developer (KryptoKit)
  • Kyle Kurbegovich: Media (Cointalk)

gutshot5820

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:24:24 PM

You're right. We should never think of anything ever again. This is the furthest humanity will ever go, and we've reached it. Let's shut down everything. Ideas are scary, and they're risky, and that's why we do them. I think it's cool that these guys are at least trying to do something interesting. That's all there is to it. It's novel, they're delivering code, and they're open about things. That's cool to me.

Bitcoin was revolution that changed the world, these guys are just hopping on the train and taking advantage of the Bitcoin community while crypto coins are still hot.  It's obvious you are a tech nerd and like the work these guys are doing, but if they can't get money from a bank or venture capitalist, and need to beg to Bitcoin community to fund their project, while having no initial investment of their own, that sends warnings bells through my head.  You have a right to your opinion, if you like then so much, go ahead and invest 100k and be an early adopter. If they were were asking for a few million to fund for expenses and a %percentage of pre-mine to reward them if things work out, then I would be behind this.  But the mere fact that they are asking for up to 36 million is just ridiculous on an entirely different greedy level.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: