Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:56:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003816 times)
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 12:47:16 AM

https://twitter.com/ethereumcharles My official twitter by popular demand.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:20:19 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 12:16:18 PM by Herp

https://twitter.com/ethereumcharles My official twitter by popular demand.

How would you respond to these posts from Nxt forums

Its not about proving, one member clearly states there are Ex Goldman Sachs team members.

The biggest question is who is really behind bringing such a wide team together as I doubt they all bumped into each other at a Bustop. Plus the IPO has many similarities to Goldman Sach managed IPO's of stocks.

Of course we don't know, but also no one in the team is going to say yeah Goldman Sachs was behind all this and we are sucking on the Mega banks teats of corporate banking either....

This is what I think happened based purely on opinion. The guy who founded the coin is easy to find out about and people with money in Bnking world head hunted him and said hey your doing great work with Mastercoin etc. How about we fund you to make an even better coin, we will give you all the resources and team members you need and we will provide some money guys to help the IPO run smoothly. They then get to have a foot into crypto, make some money and introduce derivatives in to the equation which they can now control or at least have a large stake in.  

And when I got really suspicious is anyone who really knew the Bitcoin world would not do such an expensive IPO it was an outsider methodology normally used for stocks.... And when a barrage of criticism came about the IPO did one of the founders speak up and dismiss the rumors? No they employed a PR spokesperson to answer questions. That's no amateur set up, big money is behind these guys. Twerpy little 19 year old founder DOES NOT KNOW EX GOLDMAN SACH STAFF SOCIALLY!!!!WAKE THE HELL UP!!!
It already seemed like a VC backed corporate coin even before they bragged about having people who worked at Goldman Sachs.  I assume they, like Ripple, plan to succeed by getting the blessing of the system.  I'd rather stick with Nxt where the strategy to succeed is, in large part, to become impervious to attacks by the system.
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3710.15.html

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 05:33:49 AM

Vitalik, anthony and I brought the original team together and the whitepaper did the rest. I don't know what to think of these Nxt people to be honest. Apparently our tech sucks, Nxt is better. We have been Co - opted by evil bankers yet our entire team is transparent unlike certain other teams of 71 Smiley oh and vitalik is a time traveling android sent from a dystopian future (Btw there is seriously a graphic novel coming out about it called vitalik ad 2134).

Levity aside, use common sense and good judgment. When we release the prospectus and business plan read them and do your due diligence. Look at our partners and strategy and most importantly our technology. There are some enormous frustrations in the financial world with how things are structured. It's unfair and corrupt also totally inaccessible to billions of people. Don't you think at least 2 people from the industry would like to be on a project that makes the world a better, more fair place?

I understand how you guys feel. I really do see a lot of frustration and anger in these forums. I felt the same when I was in the Ron Paul movement back in 2008. It was terrible to feel helpless and ignored. The difference today is that we have technology that can accomplish anything you want. I just want the community to help us build it, protect it and evolve it to meet the challenges of then future.

The problems we face are now too complex for a single  hacker to resolve. They require a community, large investments in time and resources as well as a dream for a better world. Set the IPO aside and all the other petty grievances and help me make ethereum.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:49:46 AM

Vitalik, anthony and I brought the original team together and the whitepaper did the rest. I don't know what to think of these Nxt people to be honest. Apparently our tech sucks, Nxt is better. We have been Co - opted by evil bankers yet our entire team is transparent unlike certain other teams of 71 Smiley oh and vitalik is a time traveling android sent from a dystopian future (Btw there is seriously a graphic novel coming out about it called vitalik ad 2134).

Levity aside, use common sense and good judgment. When we release the prospectus and business plan read them and do your due diligence. Look at our partners and strategy and most importantly our technology. There are some enormous frustrations in the financial world with how things are structured. It's unfair and corrupt also totally inaccessible to billions of people. Don't you think at least 2 people from the industry would like to be on a project that makes the world a better, more fair place?

I understand how you guys feel. I really do see a lot of frustration and anger in these forums. I felt the same when I was in the Ron Paul movement back in 2008. It was terrible to feel helpless and ignored. The difference today is that we have technology that can accomplish anything you want. I just want the community to help us build it, protect it and evolve it to meet the challenges of then future.

The problems we face are now too complex for a single  hacker to resolve. They require a community, large investments in time and resources as well as a dream for a better world. Set the IPO aside and all the other petty grievances and help me make ethereum.

Is your technology solid?  If so none of that crap matters and ethereum will flourish of its own right.  Im a NXTer by the way (will prob get in on some etherium IPO and mine it as well, just because it seems to be different/nonscam like NXT was) and my statement about the tech is how I feel about all the haters of NXT.  No Im not one of the original 73 either.

But if someone wants to phooey on NXT or Ethereum because of something as petty as a GS connection, or because only 73 people threw in during a SIX WEEK period during which there WAS a demonstrated operational client, then sure, let the fascinating tech (and monetary gains) pass you on by.

Are there yet any instructions on building c++/linux? (that work?  something about preempting some uber-new boost libs)
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 05:54:34 AM

Thank you, this is progress. Gavin should already have those out if not soon. I know he wrote the reference client on ubuntu 13.04. Visit code.ethereum.org for updates. We are doing a major redesign of it over the next few weeks and migrating to SCRUM. Moving out of February, you should see a lot of great code and tests happening including our economic modeling.

We also have a working go client. Go get -u http://github.com/go ethereum if I recall.

charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 06:20:30 AM

I'd never do that  Grin

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:31:51 AM

Gavin should already have those out if not soon. I know he wrote the reference client on ubuntu 13.04.

Do u mean Gavin Andresen of Bitcoin?
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:34:26 AM

We are doing a major redesign of it over the next few weeks and migrating to SCRUM.

We also have a working go client. Go get -u http://github.com/go ethereum if I recall.

Is there a development site called SCRUM or are you referring to development being moved to scrum methodology?
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 06:46:21 AM

Methodology

td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:51:33 AM

Methodology

Looking forward to pre-sale. Thanks
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:23:07 AM

Gavin should already have those out if not soon. I know he wrote the reference client on ubuntu 13.04.

_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 07:42:33 AM

He's talking about their Gavin.

Dr. Gavin Wood: Core C++ Developer

_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Is there a development site called SCRUM or are you referring to development being moved to scrum methodology?

In case people are wondering, from Wikipedia, Scrum:

Scrum is an iterative and incremental Agile software development framework for managing software projects and product or application development. Its focus is on "a flexible, holistic product development strategy where a development team works as a unit to reach a common goal" as opposed to a "traditional, sequential approach".

_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 07:55:48 AM

How would you respond to these post from Nxt forums

Its not about proving, one member clearly states there are Ex Goldman Sachs team members.

The biggest question is who is really behind bringing such a wide team together as I doubt they all bumped into each other at a Bustop. Plus the IPO has many similarities to Goldman Sach managed IPO's of stocks.

Of course we don't know, but also no one in the team is going to say yeah Goldman Sachs was behind all this and we are sucking on the Mega banks teats of corporate banking either....

This is what I think happened based purely on opinion. The guy who founded the coin is easy to find out about and people with money in Bnking world head hunted him and said hey your doing great work with Mastercoin etc. How about we fund you to make an even better coin, we will give you all the resources and team members you need and we will provide some money guys to help the IPO run smoothly. They then get to have a foot into crypto, make some money and introduce derivatives in to the equation which they can now control or at least have a large stake in.  

And when I got really suspicious is anyone who really knew the Bitcoin world would not do such an expensive IPO it was an outsider methodology normally used for stocks.... And when a barrage of criticism came about the IPO did one of the founders speak up and dismiss the rumors? No they employed a PR spokesperson to answer questions. That's no amateur set up, big money is behind these guys. Twerpy little 19 year old founder DOES NOT KNOW EX GOLDMAN SACH STAFF SOCIALLY!!!!WAKE THE HELL UP!!!
It already seemed like a VC backed corporate coin even before they bragged about having people who worked at Goldman Sachs.  I assume they, like Ripple, plan to succeed by getting the blessing of the system.  I'd rather stick with Nxt where the strategy to succeed is, in large part, to become impervious to attacks by the system.

In the Jason Bourne novels by American author Robert Ludlum the department within the CIA which made Bourne and the other super agents is called Treadstone Seventy-One. The fact that the original Nxt contributors are 71 in number must mean the CIA is behind Nxt! It's a cryptic message... I can't believe no one has figured this out yet!

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:06:47 AM

How would you respond to these post from Nxt forums

In the Jason Bourne novels by American author Robert Ludlum the department within the CIA which made Bourne and the other super agents is called Treadstone Seventy-One. The fact that the original Nxt contributors are 71 in number must mean the CIA is behind Nxt! It's a cryptic message... I can't believe no one has figured this out yet!

Please don't make me laugh...do use common sense.

the video is clear, i'm not saying that GS is involved just that many persons based their opinions on what the video said....simple.

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:33:47 AM

Answering legitimate concern with mockery? Fanboy, troll, or shill ingsoc? Your data is also incorrect.  There were many more original investors. You'd know that if you actually bothered to check.

https://blockchain.info/address/1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a?offset=0&filter=0 

Reading this thread I feel compelled to quote our old friend Lando Calrissian, "This deal keeps getting worse all the time".

Actually, the original investors addresses are hard-coded into NXT genesis block, and they around ~70 indeed AFAIK.
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:40:18 AM

Don't you think at least 2 people from the industry would like to be on a project that makes the world a better, more fair place?

They require a community, large investments in time and resources as well as a dream for a better world.

So how much the "better world" will cost? $20 million?  Lips sealed
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:58:22 AM

their Nxt which is convenient as it provided quite a nice community fund for development and such.

and all the submitted BTC were returned to each investor who fail to claim his Nxt before the deadline.

_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:01:16 AM

Fanboy, troll, or shill ingsoc?

I am not a fanboy, troll, or shill. I am a free man! And I told you fictional CIA is behind Nxt. As soon as I learned this fact, I sold everything I held. I have no regrets.

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:05:35 AM

Fanboy, troll, or shill ingsoc?

I am not a fanboy, troll, or shill. I am a free man! And I told you fictional CIA is behind Nxt. As soon as I learned this fact, I sold everything I held. I have no regrets.

Many people are wise enough to see the merit of both Nxt & Ethereum technology....pls don;t be a dick.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: