Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:39:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003261 times)
lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:02:03 AM

If you see his latest post he claims he's so excited about buying in on this he was trolling to try and reduce the volume of the buy in, in the hope of making his stake bigger. Why he spent so much time passionately trolling the thread to admit that before the buy in is beyond me!  Huh

As the time nears, he changes his strategy. He has created allies, and people that sympathise with his cause. You were led by a trickster king. He'll buy in plenty, don't you worry. Trolls feed on confusion.

It's unfortunately really messed this thread. People have come here and believed in 36 million dollars BS, GS conspiracy theories. Conversation has not moved beyond issuance which is a real pity because there is so much more to this project and so many important questions that could/should have been raised.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:04:43 AM

For those interested, I'll probably create an advocacy group soon for those who are going to contribute to this project. We need to get organised and unified so that our voice can be heard. There are many months of waiting and we need to get together on some platform to talk about things in a reasoned way. There's strength in a union minus the communism!

Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:06:10 AM

Act II begins

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:07:41 AM

It's unfortunately really messed this thread. People have come here and believed in 36 million dollars BS, GS conspiracy theories. Conversation has not moved beyond issuance which is a real pity because there is so much more to this project and so many important questions that could/should have been raised.

On the plus side, if it did in fact scare people away and Ethereum is the real deal, those people will probably come back at a later stage. After such a successful campaign of insanity, the ones left standing are ironborn. Cheesy

k99

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:10:09 AM

>800 posts in 6 days. Shows interest in the project at least. The real motivation behind the posts will stay hidden, but if anyone thinks its just total bullshit, he would not use his time to post here.

https://bisq.network  |  GPG Key: 6A6B2C46
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:37:03 AM

The question is not about the right to participate. The question is why is Charles proud of that fact? It looks like a major inconsistency to me. It is like working on a new mail server app and in the same time promoting your project by saying that some members of your team worked in the local post office and were among the best postmen?!

BTW, why has Charles parted with BitShares and Invictus project? What happened to the 0.5 million VC there? Are his investors happy with current state of BitShares and Invictus?

Who says he's "proud"? To me it just sounded like he said it in passing.
In a promo campaign you never say something that you don't take special pride of!
_ingsoc

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:41:32 AM

In a promo campaign you never say something that you don't take special pride of!

My whole life is a promo campaign and I say plenty of things I want to burn and hide forever!

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:47:11 AM

My whole life is a promo campaign and I say plenty of things I want to burn and hide forever!
Then find another job! You're not good at what you do.
lonsharim

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:58:45 AM

Can't you do all this with NXT to?

Some of it you should be able to do when more features have completed and matured in the NXT development cycle like decentralized exchange. But there are many other differences, like turing complete scripts and a decentralized (and incentivized) platform to achieve any contract not just a financial instrument. So down the line other developers (unrelated to the Ethereum project team) can build applications that take advantage of this. From a mining perspective it is some sort of hybrid between PoW and PoS while NXT is completely premine.
lonsharim

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:03:55 PM

The question is not about the right to participate. The question is why is Charles proud of that fact? It looks like a major inconsistency to me. It is like working on a new mail server app and in the same time promoting your project by saying that some members of your team worked in the local post office and were among the best postmen?!

BTW, why has Charles parted with BitShares and Invictus project? What happened to the 0.5 million VC there? Are his investors happy with current state of BitShares and Invictus?

At the risk of running in circles I think he merely stated it - not to show off or be proud of the fact - but as a way to showcase the credentials of the people involved in the project. If I were announcing a project of my own and had a number of people involved then I would like everyone to know that my team is solid. Unfortunately for Ethereum, people read more than that into such a statement.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:55:28 PM

I'm now officially interested in this coin too. I'm interested in finding out how many joe blows will give these guys 36 million cash and 50% pre-mine for just another tech coin.  

Three, at least.

I have about 5000 btc that I plan to invest and a few of my friends are investing about the same amount. 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:01:07 PM

I'm now officially interested in this coin too. I'm interested in finding out how many joe blows will give these guys 36 million cash and 50% pre-mine for just another tech coin.  

Three, at least.

I have about 5000 btc that I plan to invest and a few of my friends are investing about the same amount. 

That guy was being sarcastic. Just check his other posts.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:14:18 PM

I'm now getting more and more surprised by each passing day that NO ONE from the list has bothered to answer.

This really is looking more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM!

If anyone still thinks of investing on day 1, please read this thread from the beginning to the end. Please don't rush your decision.

Why should they wast they time to answer to people who are incapable to read the official docs? >90% here is just FUD/totally unqualified posts.
People who really are interested should take at least 1 hour and read about it and try to understand it. Maybe not everything is so easy for the first moment and the IPO has some complexity, but to write SCAM without having any idea about it, disqualifies just yourself.

First I didn't just write SCAM and you really don't know how much I read about the whole project, so please don't presume I don't have any idea about it.

I said it is looking more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM!

Can you please help me understand why there is no reply from ANYONE from their "team"? Everyone of them will get plenty of money very soon... Why is the whole investing thing so punitive to investors in this project? Why such greed?

When I started reading about it a week ago, I immediately set aside 1 btc for investing into it. Now I will wait very probably to buy on the market after the "IPO".
I'm not trolling nor I'm a part of some group that tries to influence the "IPO". I'm regular guy who tries to make an investment that will be one day profitable.

Dear k99, would you not agree that such project with so many people involved that has such high aspirations would/should participate SOMEWHERE to answer all those questions _ingsoc is so diligently organizing?

People are very willing to invest. Look at NEM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0 what is happening. People see engagement and commitment and they see when someone is not just greedy but in fact wants to and tries to make thing as fair as possible. All those very "established" guys from Ethereum project should learn a lot from guys like utopianfuture.
Unfortunately this lack of communication ONLY 2 DAYS prior to the "IPO" is very very suspicious.

Please read my previous posts and you'll see that I changed my mind gradually and I really like the idea that they've announced but I also learned that that too is copied from somewhere ripple related. :-(

Please also look at my "Business plan" and tell me why it is different than what they've done so far? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.msg4794599#msg4794599
Why don't you trust me as you do them? I certainly am more experienced and proven in that field then they are in theirs. I already have working business etc.
But of course no one in the right mind would invest under such terms in my idea because they would be taking ALL THE RISK and would be punished when I take new partners and dilute their shares. All that under the assumption that I will go to work after I receive such fantastic money that I will share with my friends (whom we don't know anything and their role in the project: how much they will do and get).

I would be very happy to be misguided/misinformed here but this REALLY looks more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM to me by each passing day. At least from my point of view which I believe am free to express here.

Again, I encouraged only patience and reading to people who still think of investing on day 1. Is that bad?

Tompa

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:16:11 PM

Three, at least.

That guy was being sarcastic. Just check his other posts.

+1

As well as I am in my business plan here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.msg4794599#msg4794599
Just wanted to make that clear. MY PLAN is NOT FOR INVESTING INTO.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:22:27 PM

I'm now getting more and more surprised by each passing day that NO ONE from the list has bothered to answer.

This really is looking more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM!

If anyone still thinks of investing on day 1, please read this thread from the beginning to the end. Please don't rush your decision.

Why should they wast they time to answer to people who are incapable to read the official docs? >90% here is just FUD/totally unqualified posts.
People who really are interested should take at least 1 hour and read about it and try to understand it. Maybe not everything is so easy for the first moment and the IPO has some complexity, but to write SCAM without having any idea about it, disqualifies just yourself.

First I didn't just write SCAM and you really don't know how much I read about the whole project, so please don't presume I don't have any idea about it.

I said it is looking more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM!

Can you please help me understand why there is no reply from ANYONE from their "team"? Everyone of them will get plenty of money very soon... Why is the whole investing thing so punitive to investors in this project? Why such greed?

When I started reading about it a week ago, I immediately set aside 1 btc for investing into it. Now I will wait very probably to buy on the market after the "IPO".
I'm not trolling nor I'm a part of some group that tries to influence the "IPO". I'm regular guy who tries to make an investment that will be one day profitable.

Dear k99, would you not agree that such project with so many people involved that has such high aspirations would/should participate SOMEWHERE to answer all those questions _ingsoc is so diligently organizing?

People are very willing to invest. Look at NEM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0 what is happening. People see engagement and commitment and they see when someone is not just greedy but in fact wants to and tries to make thing as fair as possible. All those very "established" guys from Ethereum project should learn a lot from guys like utopianfuture.
Unfortunately this lack of communication ONLY 2 DAYS prior to the "IPO" is very very suspicious.

Please read my previous posts and you'll see that I changed my mind gradually and I really like the idea that they've announced but I also learned that that too is copied from somewhere ripple related. :-(

Please also look at my "Business plan" and tell me why it is different than what they've done so far? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.msg4794599#msg4794599
Why don't you trust me as you do them? I certainly am more experienced and proven in that field then they are in theirs. I already have working business etc.
But of course no one in the right mind would invest under such terms in my idea because they would be taking ALL THE RISK and would be punished when I take new partners and dilute their shares. All that under the assumption that I will go to work after I receive such fantastic money that I will share with my friends (whom we don't know anything and their role in the project: how much they will do and get).

I would be very happy to be misguided/misinformed here but this REALLY looks more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM to me by each passing day. At least from my point of view which I believe am free to express here.

Again, I encouraged only patience and reading to people who still think of investing on day 1. Is that bad?

Blockchain powered by Turing-complete language leads to a lot of unresolvable issues. It's not a scam, more like a failure where a lot of money is involved. I hope Vitalik is smarter than Matthew N. Wright and knows when it's time to stop...
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:39:36 PM

Blockchain powered by Turing-complete language leads to a lot of unresolvable issues. It's not a scam, more like a failure where a lot of money is involved. I hope Vitalik is smarter than Matthew N. Wright and knows when it's time to stop...

Whenever doing something for the first time, there are those who decry it to be impossible. I think that it's wise to bring up concerns but the major value in Ethereum is attempting to do something that has not been done before. If it fails because it's too ambitious, I hope that investors will have taken this into account in evaluating the risk/reward factor.

Tompa

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:53:46 PM

Whenever doing something for the first time, there are those who decry it to be impossible. I think that it's wise to bring up concerns but the major value in Ethereum is attempting to do something that has not been done before. If it fails because it's too ambitious, I hope that investors will have taken this into account in evaluating the risk/reward factor.

Agreed. Problem that I have with this is that there is NO RISK to the developers. All the risk is on the investors whose stakes will be significantly diluted if it is successful while on the other hand Vitalik and the team win extremely big no matter how this works out.
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:01:46 PM

So this Turing OS people say it's so very flexible is actually a big liability also and opens up a fat can of worms. In other words they're likely biting more than they can chew.

Judging by how people perceived this IPO so far, their chewing speed should be slow-motion like.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Tompa

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:19:52 PM

Judging by how people perceived this IPO so far, their chewing speed should be slow-motion like.

And hopefully with more communication....
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:12:32 PM

At the risk of running in circles I think he merely stated it - not to show off or be proud of the fact - but as a way to showcase the credentials of the people involved in the project.

He has showcased the credentials only of the GS people. Are they the most important members for this project?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: