Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879145 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:54:57 AM

No im attacked by someone else Sad
but thanks much for the hyper Smiley
I don't know how the attack system work
if anyone else is nearby and he desrtroys
i go died and he not?

i can see you on the map - Ombc - yellow.

You know you can hold control + click when you do paths/waypoints?

Ombc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Hey Nice too meet you! i'm Ombc :D

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:56:40 AM

No thanks for the reply Wink
but yesterday im died not now
but how to attack anyone?
or defend?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:08:01 AM

No thanks for the reply Wink
but yesterday im died not now
but how to attack anyone?
or defend?

Destruct will "attack" around you with a 1 square radius.
The 200 HUCs you pay for your general is like your health. Except assume 200 hucs = 1 Health Point.
If you attack someone you will take his 200 hucs and you will be worth 400 hucs, i.e. 2 health points. Then you can survive 1 attack.

If you stay on a bank square for 3 blocks you will have this 200 or 400 hucs refunded to your wallet.

If you both attack each other at the exact same time then nothing happens.

Be careful though as you need to time destruct to perfection, and some luck is also involved - depending on when the miner processes your moves.

Ombc

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:12:04 AM

there are no huc cost for destruct?
and you can't died if you attackt?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:31:39 AM

there are no huc cost for destruct?
and you can't died if you attackt?

yes you don't die anymore when you destruct.

To destruct - costs 20 HUCs atm.

Ombc

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:38:38 AM

Oh okay
but the dat before yesterday
2 days back
i have 400 huntercoin and i need to go to a bank
but then reset the game
with the fork update or somting
im now lose 600 huntercoin ;(

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:00:06 AM

Oh okay
but the dat before yesterday
2 days back
i have 400 huntercoin and i need to go to a bank
but then reset the game
with the fork update or somting
im now lose 600 huntercoin ;(

You wouldn't have lost any coins recently unless you died in PvP.

if you can remember the character names you made, you/we can check using the map explorer :- https://www.huntercoin.info/explorer

Ombc

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:06:12 PM

Yeah there say killed by
but i think it come's with the hardfork update?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:11:24 PM

Yeah there say killed by
but i think it come's with the hardfork update?

nope mate. must have been pvp or died on a bank.. there's not been a disaster for a bit so it wasn't that.

--

6k Bounty - Rewrite current human mining (gameplay) rules for the website and forum

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1971.0.html

Ombc

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:07:07 PM

I want to do this!!!
Smiley

What must i do?

where to write?
i want to help u guys Smiley

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:50:55 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 07:22:55 AM by snailbrain

NEW -- Unity3d Huntercoin Client -

You need a working daemon/qt to connect to. If stuck please post.

uHuntercoin 1.0 - (although still displays 0.9 beta in the about section, will change this week)

Should be Very Stable and completely compatible with the latest Hard Fork:
Stars are banks
Destruct + move should work correctly
Alarms / Email alerts working
When an enemy is in range it will display a red background around the hunter of which an enemy is near. I found this required when controlling a large amount of hunters and the alarm would sound but i then had to click every hunter to find which one.

IRC Integrated Chat - Connects to freenode #huntercoin channel. Not to be abused or you will be kicked/banned.

Windows
https://mega.nz/#!9cd31JwQ!EMv6V8kcEN3mdoiNbKiCtlxjaOYbl-1fs9neSqG_LVs

Linux - works on stock ubuntu - i've tested pretty thoroughly on Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop. Other distro may require some different dependencies - if you solve with others then please post.
https://mega.nz/#!hc83mQpA!Yse8Dq91aEiG0V7f37WoZRVoZvskltjEA5NSNjMXRAQ

Mac - I've built it for mac but untested - i'm pretty confident it will work though as the previous ones did in my OSX VM (which i no longer have atm).
https://mega.nz/#!wds2HYCJ!H-eVEdSpkd4BXNJDqnQSxcyoWGSmegyWLtRnBPZGMWY

NEW >> Android
note: if you don't have a beefy latest Android device it may be a bit unsmooth. This will be rectified in a future update (probably based on how the Live Map version works which uses a different process for displaying the map and sprites).
Other than performance it should be pretty much identical to the desktop version with all the functionality including irc chat, checking memory pool, alarms..
https://mega.nz/#!9EUlXBDB!651yHCQcYFO1_sajelqDHeor6__pm7ycIsvqoUe1QQo

If you wanted to be creative you could probably setup your own instant play for 5$ a month - Get a cheap digitalocean vps (5$/month), build latest huntercoin on it, install/configure openvpn - access it from anywhere on almost any device with the Unity Client.. not tried it myself but i'm pretty sure will work.

Of course we'll be working on our own instant play version next - with just a login and no complexity.

--

I'll be writing a guide and possibly a video this week.

see here for more information > http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1552.0.html

p.s. gameplay has been much improved with the latest hardfork - and the next one will be even better Smiley

Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:56:33 PM

Incredible news!

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
zakorus

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:09:04 PM

NEW -- Unity3d Huntercoin Client -

You need a working daemon/qt to connect to. If stuck please post.

uHuntercoin 1.0 - (although still displays 0.9 beta in the about section, will change this week)

Should be Very Stable and completely compatible with the latest Hard Fork:
Stars are banks
Destruct + move should work correctly
Alarms / Email alerts working
When an enemy is in range it will display a red background around the hunter of which an enemy is near. I found this required when controlling a large amount of hunters and the alarm would sound but i then had to click every hunter to find which one.

IRC Integrated Chat - Connects to freenode #huntercoin channel. Not to be abused or you will be kicked/banned.

Windows

Linux - works on stock ubuntu - i've tested pretty thoroughly on Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop. Other distro may require some different dependencies - if you solve with others then please post.
https://mega.nz/#!hc83mQpA!Yse8Dq91aEiG0V7f37WoZRVoZvskltjEA5NSNjMXRAQ

Mac - I've built it for mac but untested - i'm pretty confident it will work though as the previous ones did in my OSX VM (which i no longer have atm).

NEW >> Android
note: if you don't have a beefy latest Android device it may be a bit unsmooth. This will be rectified in a future update (probably based on how the Live Map version works which uses a different process for displaying the map and sprites).
Other than performance it should be pretty much identical to the desktop version with all the functionality including irc chat, checking memory pool, alarms..

If you wanted to be creative you could probably setup your own instant play for 5$ a month - Get a cheap digitalocean vps (5$/month), build latest huntercoin on it, install/configure openvpn - access it from anywhere on almost any device with the Unity Client.. not tried it myself but i'm pretty sure will work.

Of course we'll be working on our own instant play version next - with just a login and no complexity.

--

I'll be writing a guide and possibly a video this week.

see here for more information > http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1552.0.html

p.s. gameplay has been much improved with the latest hardfork - and the next one will be even better Smiley
the windows link points to the android download please fix it.

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

█████      █████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐█████  █████████
  ███       ███  ▐███▌  ███     ███  ▀▀
  ███       ▐██▌ █████ ▐██▌     █████
  ███  ▄▄▄   ███▐██ ██▌███      ███▀▀
▄▄███▄▄███   ▐████▌ ▐████▌    ▄▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄▄▄████▄▄
   ▄████████████▄
 ▄████▀▀██  ▀▀████
 ████▀   ▄▄ ▐█████▌
 ██████▌ ██▀  ▐████
  ████▌   ▄▄ ▐████▌
   ▀█████▄███████▀
     ▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
[/center
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:19:59 AM

the windows link points to the android download please fix it.

THANKS - sorry about that

Windows Version
https://mega.nz/#!9cd31JwQ!EMv6V8kcEN3mdoiNbKiCtlxjaOYbl-1fs9neSqG_LVs

and Mac
https://mega.nz/#!wds2HYCJ!H-eVEdSpkd4BXNJDqnQSxcyoWGSmegyWLtRnBPZGMWY

---

side note - looks like some people probably using p2pool didn't update yet. Don't forget to update to 1.3.01

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 07:23:04 AM

After some time, I've just updated chain.huntercoin.org with a current chain.  I've waited for the hard fork to settle down, the new chain is already in the 1.3.1 format.  Now at block height 799k.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:16:11 PM

Is there a time frame for this, much needed, update? I still don't really get HUC to work properly on my own computer.

Also, what's the idea here? Like a blockchain.info style wallet with built in game, where you control your own keys, or more like a server to play on?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:44:37 PM

Is there a time frame for this, much needed, update? I still don't really get HUC to work properly on my own computer.

Also, what's the idea here? Like a blockchain.info style wallet with built in game, where you control your own keys, or more like a server to play on?

If you need help setting it up let us know.

It should be identical to any other wallet except if you don't want to wait a very long time to sync from scratch then download the chain in domobs previous post and extract it into your datadirectory.

-

no eta on it atm -

The huntercoin core code is being updated https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore
so it will be up to date with the latest bitcoin code base.

It should make syncing much faster and possibly allow more easily pruning, possible lite clients and other functions Smiley

As for the methods of how the unity client will work with instant play - it's not something I can post atm - apart from, we won't store any users coins.

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 05:39:39 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 09:58:48 PM by MithrilMan

Ok, i took some time to write down a post about next steps in development, I'd like people thoughts, here it is

I just had a skype session with snailbrain where i exposed some ideas/concept that would improve the game, trying to balance out fun with huc value and complexity
This will be a fair long post but should be read to understand current gameplay and discuss about the next step(s)

Let me repeat briefly the pros and cons of current gameplay to have a common starting vision of the game:

PROS:
- random spawn + random banks (with variable life) let casual players join a relative small session without worrying about leaving their player on the outskirt, they just need to stand for 3 blocks over a spawn area to be removed from the bank. plus random placements remove the blockade problem, because a bot master or a dominator would have problem grouping his hunters and anyway random banks allow people to bank everywhere

- lifesteal and fight mechanics potentially allow people to fight in a balanced way, preventing blockades or suffering about being outnumbered (but could be improved a lot, see below)

- removing disaster penality prevent people loosing hucs too easily, discouraging them to create hunters after the safe period (now disaster just remove hunters refunding cost)

- pvp coins "lifestealed" doesn't suffer from miners fee

CONS:
- spending 20 hucs to trigger destruct, cause pvp being too costly because in an even fight, many times both hunters will trigger destruct causing null action, but spending both 20 hucs, so if during a fight those actions repeat for too many times, the final winner (if any) risk to be anyway with a negative balance.

Doing some math, without considering the standard transaction fee but just the "destruct fee", you break the even after 10 destruct (if you win a 1vs1 you get 200, but if you had done 10 destruct you paid 200 too)

For the fight loser it would be even worse because he'd have lost the destruct fees + the hunter cost, so in a 10 destruct scenario, he would end up losing 400 hucs...
of course thing could even be worse if you fight for more than 10 destruct

moreover, someone could even harass you even spending more than what you are worthing, just to try to run you out of money on the wallet, that way you couldn't trigger destruct to defend and so every hunter you have on the map is exposed to others

- now destruct, despite the cost, can be spammed (high cost was added to prevent that), but this way, even connection issue could cause someone to lose because his transaction has been sent too later respect someone that maybe have direct access to the miner, and custom daemons could even try to send a new destruct earlier than the official daemon can (it has a check that prevent to send a transaction if you have another pending transaction on the same hunter, but if the modified daemon knows that a pending transaction is going to be included in the next block, it could already try to send a new destruct).
Spamming destruction make even the pvp too flat, you can't actually dodge and counter attack, but adding a "destruct cooldown" instead could add more tactical decision to the game.

- unluckily, current implementation process destruct before the move action, this prevent even a possible counterattack action with current implementation, because you can't create a move that close the gap and destruct right after, but instead it first destruct than close the gap, this way is impossible to make a feint or stay at safe distance then suddenly close the gap and attack

- as stated before, if you run out of HUCS in the wallet you can't defend/attack, so your hunter can just try to move (if you have at least money to send transactions) and hope to reach a bank to recycle

-------
there are other things i pointed out but now i don't remember, eventually I'll add them to the pros/cons list, anyway let's now talk about the new proposed concept

TLTR, start from here:
To prevent all stated problems, i've tought about implementing a "Ammo/Armor concept" for the attack gameplay aspect, here how it works

AMMO/ARMOR CONCEPT
preamble:
- a) - i think we could allow friendly fire attacks at this point, because random spawns removed the fixed, color based, spawn locations, and now everyone should be able to attack anyone, we could use colours to change some statistical/equip aspects
- b) - Destruct word should be replaced (the conecpt already has changed) by Attack
- c) - Destruct=>Move processing order should be inverted, first the moves should be computed, then the destruct, this way you can stay at a safe distance then prepare an action to move closer and trigger attack, this would cause first the hunter to be moved, then computing the attack action, allowing for feint and evade actions that now aren't possible

ok now the concept details:
- hunter cost is 200 + 20 (200 goes as life as now, and 20 is increased, instead of actual 5, because now destruction doesn't cost and we need a way to prevent generation of too many hunters)
-When a hunter spawns, it has:
  • a fixed amount of ammo that he can use to attack other hunters: 1 ammo = 1 available attack action
  • a fixed amount of armor that will be used when the hunter suffer from an attack (this prevent losing "life", as long as you have armor)
- here we can use different colors to vary how many armor and ammo a hunter has (e.g. yellow start with 10 ammo/5 armor, blue with 5 ammo/ 10 armor, etc...)

- randomly, will be dropped on the map random items (armor/ammo) with random quantities, so you can pick up a +5 ammo item, or +2 armor, etc... (this is the previous heart concept, except that now it adds an amount of armor or ammo). To add some spicy, we may even compute how much ammo or armor value the item has, the very next block after a hunter picked up it, so you don't know yet how many weapon/armor you'll have next (or we could implement both: specified random items and "jolly" items

- a hunter will have a new action, called EVADE, that would be mutually exclusive with DESTRUCT, o you can choose whether to attack or evade an attack.
- both ATTACK and EVADE will have a cooldown timer, so you can't attack every block, you have to wait 3 blocks to attack again and you can use EVADE once every 25 blocks (we can use hunter's colors here even to differentiate the cooldown)

- when you run out of ammo, you can't attack anymore, so you have to find a ammo item or run away using armor to defend yourself using ammo (like now, if both attackwhile you reach a bank
- when you run out of armor, you can try to evade or use ammo to defend, like now (ammo vs ammo cause a null action, or we can choose to apply an hit so without ammo you die, need to think about this)

I'd say that we can implement this fairly fast, there is nothing technical different from current daemon implementation, GUIs must be updated to reflect new items and stats, but core developemt should be straight forward.
Domob, thoughts about implementation details?
If we agree I'd say we can implement changes (domob on core, me on my client and Unity3D developer on unity client) and than using domob work to create an open/closed testnet session to test changes and fights there

this way I think that the game would be really fun and more balanced, not based on how many coins one holds in its wallet and more skill and tactical based
feel free to express your thoughts

To organize better things, would be better if you reply here: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1981.msg5516.html#msg5516 but even here is ok

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
JohnSmithy

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:37:10 PM

[...]
AMMO/ARMOR CONCEPT
preamble:
- a) - i think we could allow friendly fire attacks at this point, because random spawns removed the fixed, color based, spawn locations, and now everyone should be able to attack anyone, we could use colours to change some statistical/equip aspects
- b) - Destruct word should be replaced (the conecpt already has changed) by Attack
- c) - Destruct=>Move processing order should be inverted, first the moves should be computed, then the destruct, this way you can stay at a safe distance then prepare an action to move closer and trigger attack, this would cause first the hunter to be moved, then computing the attack action, allowing for feint and evade actions that now aren't possible

ok now the concept details:
- hunter cost is 200 + 20 (200 goes as life as now, and 20 is increased, instead of actual 5, because now destruction doesn't cost and we need a way to prevent generation of too many hunters)
-When a hunter spawns, it has:
  • a fixed amount of ammo that he can use to attack other hunters: 1 ammo = 1 available attack action
  • a fixed amount of armor that will be used when the hunter suffer from an attack (this prevent losing "life", as long as you have armor)
- here we can use different colors to vary how many armor and ammo a hunter has (e.g. yellow start with 10 ammo/5 armor, blue with 5 ammo/ 10 armor, etc...)

- randomly, will be dropped on the map random items (armor/ammo) with random quantities, so you can pick up a +5 ammo item, or +2 armor, etc... (this is the previous heart concept, except that now it adds an amount of armor or ammo). To add some spicy, we may even compute how much ammo or armor value the item has, the very next block after a hunter picked up it, so you don't know yet how many weapon/armor you'll have next (or we could implement both: specified random items and "jolly" items

- a hunter will have a new action, called EVADE, that would be mutually exclusive with DESTRUCT, o you can choose whether to attack or evade an attack.
- both ATTACK and EVADE will have a cooldown timer, so you can't attack every block, you have to wait 3 blocks to attack again and you can use EVADE once every 25 blocks (we can use hunter's colors here even to differentiate the cooldown)

- when you run out of ammo, you can't attack anymore, so you have to find a ammo item or run away using armor to defend yourself using ammo (like now, if both attackwhile you reach a bank
- when you run out of armor, you can try to evade or use ammo to defend, like now (ammo vs ammo cause a null action, or we can choose to apply an hit so without ammo you die, need to think about this)
[...]

Did not get to the point where i can play the game (the sync problems between 67k and 200~k blocks, also problems with bootstrap usage), but from what i understand of the game (and saw via unity player), this suggestion seems a very good addition.

Just spamming HUCs/Destructs until the field is empty, cause you are the only rich guy left... does sound boring. Why some tactical/strategical additions would be a welcome change.

Games you can play and get Bitcoins/Altcoins from: BTC - CoinBrawl, FarmSatoshi, MyBitMine, FreeBTCMiner, IdleMiners. HYPER/GP/C2 - Dragon Knights of Valeria. Get paid HYPER for playing ANY steam game: CnC Sponsorship, don't forget to set your referrer to JohnSmith (not JohnSmithy!). Donations are welcome and accepted in over 160 cryptocurrencies, just send me a personal message to get you the corresponding address.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:38:25 AM

How's the hardfork coming along ?
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: