Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:30:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:51:41 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 09:24:34 PM by MithrilMan

sounds ok on the face of it as a test, and traps could be left out - although i'm not sure that adding traps is more development than all the other stuff.

well i said "(maybe)" because adding an element at the same level of a hunter (trap is at the same level of hunter as game object, but have transaction that must be handled to trigger him etc..) is something that i can't value in development effort, I don't know if this makes difference in therm of gamestate generation and storing, while just adding attributes to the hunter object (skill/cooldowns are actually just bounch or properties) is trivial.

Of course the game logic must be implemented but it's not that hard, the logic per se is simple

it does seem like a lot of work for both testnet, qt client, mithrilman client and unity client for in 1 go?

based on what i said above not that much, at least if you leave trap out, with trap in, i don't know
But you don't have to change all that, just change how daemon/qt works (same codebase, don't change the qt GUI at this stage) and let me change the GUI on my client and use it (for free of course) to test things on testnet, then, once we have figured all out and tweaked the parameters, you can then change unity client and qt gui (eventually)

are you not able to create a sandbox test using your client and some simple server? this would be the best sort of testing environment which would require less work on our dev as you'd still need to modify your client anyway?

If I ever start building my server component, then i'll fork at all the client creating a standalone game (something i was already thinking tbh) out of blockchain.
That isn't an easy thing i should wrap out all the RPC interface implementing a centralized one, it is actually lot of work

where does the coins go when you "eventually" kill someone if there is no life steal? p.s. i think that's the best part of the game added so far btw..

maybe i didn't explain me well, the coins actually are transferred but in a whole.
Let me do an example: actually if you kill someone that have 200huc, you now have 400, then you kill another and you have 600, you can then wander around as a fat hunter, hard to be killed, because if someone hit you before you you'll hit him the block after taking back your 200, etc... and the game could last forever or until the "little" one die (or disaster strike)
What i changed is just that, once you are out of ammo and you die, your current value is transfered... so actually it's not the life what you transfer, but the value...
When you don't have armor, you are exposed completly and so you lose it all.
We can leave lifesteal as it is now if you think that's a problem, so when you don't have armor you start losing 50 huc per hit, but i'm not sure if this doesn't create uber hunters and having the chance to lose/earn most lot of coins wasn't something you wanted? so if someone is greedy and don't want to recycle himself, i think it's right to risk (and you'll prevent even having lot of hunters on the map because players would be incentivated to recycle after a fight and not stand in the map waiting for others)

how will you prevent 1 hunter being dominated by multiple hunters? as in the past - e.g. dominators blocking an area and being unable to get past as they have too many hunters and no to little risk for doing so..

your stats, your skills and the FFA. lot of hunter in little space hit themself, so that's something to consider during a fight. I don't think that should exist a "rambo hunter" that can walk through 20 enemies without being harmed like now.
Previously the problem was just about the barrage, but with random spawn and random bank this isn't a problem anymore (and would even be difficult to group up a team of hunters)

what happens when 2 people destruct at the same time? lose ammo, armour, nothing?

I think this is a border line case. to speedup fights i'd say both lose ammo and armour, could even be a tactic (a hunter can force the other to waste ammo/armors)
And even the "evasion" skill i said above is a (limited but effective) way to run out of trouble

UPDATE
If both get killed at the same time, their coins are dropped (so it would even be a way to compete for other hunters and that coins could be considered like mined one, so with carry capacity that affect how much a hunter can collect)

This is the core: you have to chose between being powerful but suffering from limited survivability or being more tanky but less effective on attack

this gives the chance for people for sure to team up, everyone with a role (the tank, the assasin, etc...) and if we implement the trap, it could be a way to wipe out a group of approaching enemy too! (this is why i said i liked trap too)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:29:20 PM

prevent 1 hunter being dominated by multiple hunters? as in the past - e.g. dominators blocking an area and being unable to get past as they have too many hunters and no to little risk for doing so..

An alternative fee structure to keep dominators down would be a slow ticking upkeep (0.005 coins per block or so, payable after despawning on a bank tile), while refunding harvested coins after disaster.

And players would need more control on where they spawn, as groups of hunters will be stronger than a single one.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:51:18 PM

I just installed the Huntercoin QT version. How long approximately will it take to sync my client? I am currently 78 weeks behind and have been for several minutes.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:42:33 PM

I just installed the Huntercoin QT version. How long approximately will it take to sync my client? I am currently 78 weeks behind and have been for several minutes.

a very long time if you don't have an SSD

you can download the chain up to a couple of weeks ago from chain.huntercoin.org

this WILL be improved soon.

-

atm it's not recommend to play using the QT as you will be at a major disadvtange - you should use the unity3d client or mithrilman client.

you still need to use the qt (or daemon) to sync to the latest blocks.. the 3rd party clients listed above will connect to the daemon/qt using your configured rpcuser/password in huntercoin.conf

jeffthebaker
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:55:41 PM

a very long time if you don't have an SSD

you can download the chain up to a couple of weeks ago from chain.huntercoin.org

this WILL be improved soon.

-

atm it's not recommend to play using the QT as you will be at a major disadvtange - you should use the unity3d client or mithrilman client.

you still need to use the qt (or daemon) to sync to the latest blocks.. the 3rd party clients listed above will connect to the daemon/qt using your configured rpcuser/password in huntercoin.conf

Okay, so after I install the chain at the link above, do I need to do anything with it, or will my game automatically recognize that I have it synced up to a few weeks ago?

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:03:50 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 10:20:42 PM by MithrilMan

Okay, so after I install the chain at the link above, do I need to do anything with it, or will my game automatically recognize that I have it synced up to a few weeks ago?

if you use my client you have just to run it, set up needed settings (your huntercoind.exe path and rpc settings, if your huntercoin.conf doesn't contain rpcuser and rpcpassword you can chose whatever you want in my setting windows)

I think it would be the same for Unity client

once you set it up correctly, let the client connect to the daemon and synch missing blocks
of course to play you need a wallet with some money in, so as a first step you should launc the QT wallet and load in one of its address some HUCS taken from poloniex or some other exchanges, if you don't have any

note:
to play you need an unencrypted wallet, but to store your coins i suggest you another encrypted wallet (play with unencrypted and store funds on encrypted one)
you could use poloniex address as a secure wallet but i prefer to store one on my disks

note2:
my client isn't free, but if you PM me giving me your username i setup for you a free period
this is valid for anyone that want to try it out

update:
this is my sample configuration

as you see i switched off the checkbox, because i often restart the client and doesn't want to stop and restart the daemon (that's something that take up quite long time)
doing this, cause you to remember to type "stop" in my console to stop the daemon, otherwise killing its process could break the blockchain or compromise the wallet (is always safer to stop gracefully the daemon)
note also that in Command Line Args i've added the -walletpath settings to specify my own wallet name, that's useful when you have multiple wallet (or when you play a lot and want to change a wallet because it's too big and slow)
i specified even an old -addnode but i'm not sure if it still valuable

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
jeffthebaker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:47:53 AM

Is there any way to input the Huntercoin blockchain from the download into the client without the use of premium third party software? I just want to boot up the game and give it a shot before I devote any real money into it. I'm willing to put in the HUC required to get started, but I would like to see what it's all about before I put in more capital.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:28:00 AM

Is there any way to input the Huntercoin blockchain from the download into the client without the use of premium third party software? I just want to boot up the game and give it a shot before I devote any real money into it. I'm willing to put in the HUC required to get started, but I would like to see what it's all about before I put in more capital.

you can use the QT to play but you will be at a disadvantage..

you can also use the unity3d client to connect to the daemon/qt free of charge.

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1552.0.html

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:37:33 AM

Consider that actually my fees are really cheap, it's almost free
10huc - 24h
65huc - 7 days
120huc - 14 days

at current exchange it would be ~ 0.75$ month (even if i don't care about converting, just to explain how fees works)

and how i said you can just PM me giving your username you used to register on my website and i'll set you a free pass
Of course without having HUC you can try anything even on QT

Soon I'll have holidays and can't spend time on huntercoin, but when I'll be back i'll release a new version (i could release even before going to holiday) and then set a free pass to everyone for a month or so
Actually my fee system is more a tech test than anything, if I were in business I'd already failed because my server costs me 30x times what i earn from fees actually Cheesy
But i'm just building the foundation so I don't care about that, I'm more interested in improving the client and the coin itself

jeffthebaker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:39:36 AM

How do I input the Huntercoin blockchain into QT or a unity3d client? I am currently syncing the network manually, but that will take several days.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:02:44 AM

How do I input the Huntercoin blockchain into QT or a unity3d client? I am currently syncing the network manually, but that will take several days.

download from chain.huntercoin.org

copy the contents into c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\huntercoin

i've made a very rough guide here

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,2145.0.html

entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:49:26 AM

well, started with ~7k down to around ~5k.  Innovative concept, but ultimately I can't devote enough consistent time for it to be a profitable endeavor as the time I would be willing to spend on this for fun would result in further losses.  I'll keep the coins i've managed to retain with the hope that the development team looks to appeal to a more causal user base with the aim of minimal profit for the vast majority of users vs the current model of a ton of profit for a few individuals at the expense of attracting newcomers and building the brand.

Using this again with the unity client as opposed to the qt client provided a much better experience due to the alarm function, ability to see trajectories, and block times in which exit points expire.  It still requires a block of a few hours or more of time to be dedicated to being at a computer, but certainly less monitoring.  So while this improved experience is something I will revisit, it's not something I could see myself playing on a daily basis because I generally can't devote that much time.

If I launch four hunters with the aim of collecting a few coins as fast as possible and heading towards a bank, I immediately need to collect more than 5.5 for each character to realize any profit.  This becomes problematic as more hunters enter the game, the greater time expenditure it'll take as greater competition reduces the coin supply.  If out of the four hunters, 3 have managed to bank 30 coins with the fourth hunter killed, I'm immediately down 134 coins.  In order to make up this deficit and yield a slight profit, I'll need to launch 6 additional hunters and have them collect an additional 30 coins after subtracting the 5 huc fee for each.  This is not something a new user is likely to do, so I would recommend reducing the death tax/pvp gains.

While I understand the reasoning that requiring 200 hucs to play will reduce block chain bloat comparatively to the previous iteration where the initial cost was 5 hucs, why not just reimburse a partial fee when the hunter is killed to reduce this disparity of gains between collecting coins and pvp?  Also, I think more banks could certainly improve the experience for a casual user.  If I need to end a session at any point, it would be nice to be able to guide my character to a bank before exiting the client.  This is still a gamble as they can be intercepted by a hunter on their trek, though certainly better than hiding them behind some trees.  Often while playing I was without an out and had to continue playing for a longer duration than I wanted until one presented itself, otherwise my minimal gains from collecting coins would have been negated by substantial losses from death, invalidating my time spent with huntercoin and minimizing my likelihood of playing again.

Criticisms aside, I think this is an awesome project and has the potential to evolve into something amazing.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:23:43 PM

on a side note why not allow hunters to "generate and exit" with a fee of course ~ 50 hucs? at any given time..

Icon
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:35:46 PM

If the blokchain werent that huge, then I would try it out. Also you need to work on the graphics , it looks horrible. A 2d interface, but with a bit of shadows and 3d aspect models would look much better.

For example try rendering in 3d and then flat it out to have a better perspective camera view.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 09:02:01 PM

on a side note why not allow hunters to "generate and exit" with a fee of course ~ 50 hucs? at any given time..

Icon

it would be open to exploit (people would just exit if in trouble, better lose 50 than 200), but maybe having a "preparation time" could be useful (e.g. you can exit but it happen after 20 blocks)

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 09:05:18 PM

If the blokchain werent that huge, then I would try it out. Also you need to work on the graphics , it looks horrible. A 2d interface, but with a bit of shadows and 3d aspect models would look much better.

For example try rendering in 3d and then flat it out to have a better perspective camera view.

graphics are taken from royalty free archives, to do what you ask a graphic designer is needed, if someone have the skil and want to help he's welcome, btw i could use new graphics on my client, but it will only be valid on my client of course, i think this should be "client agnostic" but... maybe having custom graphics on different clients could be interesting

even custom maps could be used (i could crate a space theme in theory), the only important thing is to respect the "walkable/non walkable" tiles, all the other things can be changed

as a note:
talking about my client:
i don't have time to invest on graphics too actually, I was working on an isometric map time ago, but then left the work uncompleted because i had more important thing to implement

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:20:03 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 12:45:07 PM by SISAR

I've to say I respect a lot the huntercoin daemon developer, @domob, for his work on this project and his attitude, unlucky he's not a huntercoin player so he can't have a focused view on the problems, I would have liked to know his thoughts about these problems, I've a feels that he would have been more thoward the "more fair distribution"

Distribution is just fine given that marketcap is so low (roughly 80 BTC) that for very little money anyone can grab a sizable portion of already mined coins. I have no time to play so I buy coins and I have acquired like 1% of total number of mined coins for so little money it is laughable. Anyone having no time to play or not liking the game at all should do the same because Huntercoin potential is enormous. My suggestion is to stop wasting much time on fairness and making game enjoyable for everyone, it is mission impossible. Some people are natural born winners and some are natural born losers (gamewise), if you try to please second group it is not gonna end up well. Make it so losers enjoy game and winners will overrun them anyway, regardless of what sort of loser protection you put in place. People who suck with something should improve or move onto something else, in case of Huntercoin that would be trading or investing.

The only real problem I see is that there are no uses for HUC beside game costs (create character and destruct) and trading. Add more uses somehow (3rd-party games?) and demand for coins will increase, with it price will go up and there will be more players thus better distribution but always keep in mind that rich and experienced trader or investor will acquire massive amount of coins one way or another. If determined, he will make players who acquired a lot of coins sell most if not all their coins.

IMO focus here should be on lite client (mobile?), something that anyone could start using in minutes. Like with all other games, some people will love it and some won't but first we need to attract more players and only then eventualy change gameplay more.
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:56:08 PM

A mobile client with built in automation (or at least defense tactics) would be an amazing evolutionary step.  It may be a bit difficult to market huntercoin as a mobile app in its current iteration though as the trend in mobile gaming is heavily skewed towards the ~1 minute game time.  If you could take the ron propeil approach and "set it and forget it" and return at random irregular intervals, I would certainly use it daily.

I've been buying as well.  The potential market cap of this project is so low it's mind boggling.  If the devs can come up with utility for the coins, in game or otherwise, I could easily see the market cap moving up several orders of magnitude. 

I personally like the idea of a special class of character at a hold of 10-20k coins that has a low carrying capacity that cannot be killed.  This would be something akin to darkcoin/dash, where vast quantities of coins are removed from circulation and there is financial motivation to acquire vast quantities of coins, quickly driving demand while reducing supply.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 02:41:05 AM

Did y'all get a hold of Buck yet?

I haven't seen him in the troll box we generally run into each other at.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:36:42 AM

graphics are taken from royalty free archives, to do what you ask a graphic designer is needed, if someone have the skil and want to help he's welcome, btw i could use new graphics on my client, but it will only be valid on my client of course, i think this should be "client agnostic" but... maybe having custom graphics on different clients could be interesting

even custom maps could be used (i could crate a space theme in theory), the only important thing is to respect the "walkable/non walkable" tiles, all the other things can be changed

as a note:
talking about my client:
i don't have time to invest on graphics too actually, I was working on an isometric map time ago, but then left the work uncompleted because i had more important thing to implement

Well then the graphics are secondary, the primary goal then is to create a liteweight wallet, but for a fee.

So for example it would work like you can access the game platform from liteweight, but 1-2% of your profits will be deducted, which will pay for the maintenance cost of the liteweight.

What do you think guys?

Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: