Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:58:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:00:36 PM

Game is completely different now. The disaster & 10 HUC thing are working really well.

Demand for HUC did not increased even a bit. For demand to increase and thus price to recover it would help if general don't drop any coins when killed except coins he carried.
Put differently, 10 HUC to create general and if he dies immediately afterwards no coins will be dropped. Unless at some point almost any sort of player must go to Poloniex and
buy coins to create new generals price is bound to go down even more.

hi mate,
the update wasn't supposed to increase value (as i said in some previous posts).

We are working on improving Huntercoin. This is our goal atm.

If the community wants to get involved, I recommend:

Get HUC listed on as many exchanges as you can.
Contribute to the code (and give ideas) to speed things up.
Promote Huntercoin.
Get HUC merge mined on as many pools as you can.

probably more but can't think atm.

There is a lot to do - but for now, we are working on improving the client (performance/size/bugs).
For us it's impractical to spend so much time on marketing and other stuff when Huntercoin isn't accessible to normal users.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:06:26 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 11:53:56 PM by snailbrain

Once it doesnt take forever to sync up i really think we need to get on bittrex.

What you think that would achieve? Price might go up a bit but minute later people would be dumping like crazy. You need to look at all-time Poloniex graph, it is clear as day
supply is much higher than demand. Buyers are pretty much tired now, very few actualy made money off HUC by mere buying and selling later, especially in last two months.

Last: 0.00005017
High: 0.0035
Low: 0.00003701

what is the demand for other clone/scam coins?

you can only use Bitcoin and Namecoin to actually do/buy something.

When huntercoin is ready and we finish what we have planned, goods and services (demand?) should get better(?) - maybe in a few months, maybe in a couple of years.... anyway, we'll keep going and if you have any suggestions please post

be patient... of course, 99% of people are here to try to make a quick buck - so obviously you maybe are frustrated you are not doing so with HUC atm.

Long Term - Buy HUC
Short Term - Buy "the next best thing" coin.

p.s. at one point, my 25k+ hucs was worth $75000 dollars - I haven't sold any. Now worth just over 1 btc. So i understand where you are coming from.
We all want to make some money, but the long term survival of the project is much more important atm (at least to me).

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:22:50 PM

Game is completely different now. The disaster & 10 HUC thing are working really well.

Demand for HUC did not increased even a bit. For demand to increase and thus price to recover it would help if general don't drop any coins when killed except coins he carried.
Put differently, 10 HUC to create general and if he dies immidiately afterwards no coins will be dropped. Unless at some point almost any sort of player must go to Poloniex and
buy coins to create new generals price is bound to go down even more.

Not sure why anyone would think that this would increase demand atm. Demand will increase when we can all work together to figure out how in the fuck we can have this playable within 5 minutes, when people have a place to move their coins off the exchange and finally when she gets listed with a "trusted" exchange.

Right now my guess is that there are very few actually miners at the moment due to the wallet syncing issues, so if you are mining right now... congrats. Use those coins for good or sell them into the market and then tuck the bitcoins back in lower. (By all means do what the fuck you want with your own coins, but we will build a economy by doing this.)

I have 100% faith in Snailbrain to organize this and I have 100% faith in the idea behind HUC.  We are small "community" at this point and that is because HUC is a product that people want/need, but they don't know it yet.

Once it doesnt take forever to sync up i really think we need to get on bittrex.

What you think that would achieve? Price might go up a bit but minute later people would be dumping like crazy. You need to look at all-time Poloniex graph, it is clear as day
supply is much higher than demand. Buyers are pretty much tired now, very few actualy made money off HUC by mere buying and selling later, especially in last two months.

Last: 0.00005017
High: 0.0035
Low: 0.00003701

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bitcoin went from $32 to $1... I imagine the people who held on are pretty happy today.  The ones who continued to buy during the struggle are probably even happier!

The developer said the developer .... I said in the game with the 2nd day of its existence! And developers have a lot of things said and have never turned out as they were talking about!

like what?

Snailbrain,

Fuck that MotherFucker he has AIDS!  Only joking OSYA! That is off East Bound and Down I believe. (Kenny Powers)

You just keep cranking the crank and my offer still stand if we need addition people on the project.  

I'll stand outside every fucking tech firm there is with you recruiting if we have to.  I fucking shit you not my friend.

LOL <3

It's all ok.

We have what we need atm - we are progressing :

Domob and others working on the huntercoin code
We have a team working on Centralized Server
MithrilMan improving his client none stop, - with pruning it will be accessible to all (quickly).

-

what we need:

Get HUC listed on exchanges
Get Pools to merge mine.

-

News and Media is always good, but i would prefer the game to sync fast, use less space and accessible to all, before getting any major reviews Smiley

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:27:36 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 11:02:18 PM by BayAreaCoins

Promote Huntercoin.

Set up a multi pool that allows the small miners to have a crack at earning some HUC with their power.

We need the little guys on our side and we can merge mine while pwning.

If Huntercoin is actively "hunting" shit coins this will do two powerful things for us:

A:  Allow miners of all sizes to earn Huntercoins though these "get rich quick" coins. This could be done for NMC as well (and should be.)
B:  Puts some sort of ass end on the bid of Huntercoin.  I would recommend using this pool for the HUC bid due to the fact we are seeing a "seller" market and have it bullish pointed toward NMC.

I believe there are several mining pools that already do this for altcoins, so we have two options:

A:  Lobby them to set this up for HUC/NMC
B:  Someone make their own.

(Hashco.ws I believe sets up multi pools for coins if I recall what Seedtrue said to me)
This is the irc Server: irc.freenode.org Channel: #hashcows

Obviously we can do both A&B... My abilities are more directed at A because B is beyond my abilities at this moment now.

News and Media is always good, but i would prefer the game to sync fast, use less space and accessible to all, before getting any major reviews Smiley

1000% agree.
Too much media before she is 100% prepared could hurt our efforts for sure.

DOGE didn't get media/attention until about 15-30% of the "total" OS was mined (Outstanding Shares and I do "total" because it was then forked to be unlimited."

Not comparing HUC to DOGE at all... just pointing out the fact that we are still way under that point.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:45:44 PM

Yes I've been holding back on making videos etc until everyone can have easy access and until all the bugs have been worked out.   I put all mine on a paper wallet cause I believe in this idea long term.  Keep it up guys.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:12:07 AM

Promote Huntercoin.

Set up a multi pool that allows the small miners to have a crack at earning some HUC with their power.

We need the little guys on our side and we can merge mine while pwning.

If Huntercoin is actively "hunting" shit coins this will do two powerful things for us:

A:  Allow miners of all sizes to earn Huntercoins though these "get rich quick" coins. This could be done for NMC as well (and should be.)
B:  Puts some sort of ass end on the bid of Huntercoin.  I would recommend using this pool for the HUC bid due to the fact we are seeing a "seller" market and have it bullish pointed toward NMC.

I believe there are several mining pools that already do this for altcoins, so we have two options:

A:  Lobby them to set this up for HUC/NMC
B:  Someone make their own.

(Hashco.ws I believe sets up multi pools for coins if I recall what Seedtrue said to me)
This is the irc Server: irc.freenode.org Channel: #hashcows

Obviously we can do both A&B... My abilities are more directed at A because B is beyond my abilities at this moment now.

1000% agree.
Too much media before she is 100% prepared could hurt our efforts for sure.

DOGE didn't get media/attention until about 15-30% of the "total" OS was mined (Outstanding Shares and I do "total" because it was then forked to be unlimited."

Not comparing HUC to DOGE at all... just pointing out the fact that we are still way under that point.

Yes, I strongly believe huntercoin needs more miners involved with it. I first got into huntercoin by solo mining some of the first scrypt blocks(with the first launch and the re-launch). Huntercoin can be merge-mined, but the returns can be tiny, and your average pool opp does not know how, or want the hassle.

When it comes to prices, the altcoin markets are run by miners(in fact the top alt exchanges are owned by miners). If we want higher prices we need miners involved.

There are many recent coins on the market that are no longer mine-able.
The solution to this is the coin devs have set up contracts with different pools, the pools mine whatever is profitable --> the pool exchanges the mined coins for BTC at exchange --> pool exchanges BTC for HUC --->  miners are paid out in HUC.
This helps in 2 ways
  • The average miner can point their gpu or scrypt asic at the pool and get a lot of HUCs.
  • The coins that the pool purchases from exchange adds volume and volume brings attention.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:37:57 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 12:54:45 PM by subSTRATA

When huntercoin is ready and we finish what we have planned, goods and services (demand?) should get better(?) - maybe in a few months, maybe in a couple of years.... anyway, we'll keep going and if you have any suggestions please post

For HUC to attract interest outside of current community trade volume must go up noticably. Exchanges are adding any and all coins with huge trade volume, especially Cryptsy,
MintPal and BitTrex. As it is now, huge trade volume for HUC can come just from mass sell-offs. There is almost no need for HUC players or miners to buy coins, they will way more
likely dump them instead and that coupled with all-time Poloniex graph is almost a sure way to lose new investors. People buying now are almost exclussively the ones who bought
earlier once or multiple times and now when price is down even more wanna correct their average buy price. But that does not work well if price is going down long-term as it is the
case with HUC. You may have fun, hold for long time and all that but once you lose investors (and thus trade volume) you risk losing the only one exchange - Poloniex regulary go
for coin cleanup, if coin is not traded much it will be removed.

All in all, interesting games usualy have wealth sources and drains. You get something by playing the game (gold, items) but at some point you must use that something to get the
stuff like medicines, unlock some quest, unlock a new area, upgrade skills, remove negative buff (debuff), pimp items you are using and so on. There is no such thing in Huntercoin.
Here you play or mine and stockpile coins then eventualy sell some. Occassionaly you must buy a new general but out of 10 HUC required all 10 HUC will be returned to economy
at some point so there is no drain there. The only drain right now are coins lost via sending to wrong account, asuming that account does not belong to someone (no private key).
There is inflation and demand is diminishing = price will go down even more. Few months ago I said price will be below 0.0001 and almost everyone ingame laughed. I wonder how
many will laugh once price inevitably drops below 0.00001 in next few months.

Few ways to combat inflation and increase demand for coins:

1. General costs 10 HUC and drops 0 coins upon death excluding coins he carried. 10 HUC vanish from game economy per general death.
2. Once some general becomes poisoned, player can use serum costing 100 HUC to heal general. 100 HUC vanish from game economy per serum consumed.
3. Entrance to friendly base costs 1 HUC, enemy bases 5 HUC. Those coins vanish from game afterwards.
4. Player can use speedup potion to temporaly double movement speed once and only once (no stacking). Potion costs and afterwards removes 50 HUC from game economy.
5. Protection potion adds 50% chance player character will not be killed if static (sitting on spawn) for up to 8 hours. It costs 10 HUC etc, etc.

TLDR - the price for gameplay is way too low. Playing without investing anything besides occassionaly buying general should be much much harder (less coins made overally and
more time, nerves and effort required).

Do not count on demand for HUC increasing via 3rd-party services like online shops and so on, it is too late for that. There are way too many more elegant solutions (BTC, NXT).

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:04:18 PM

1. General costs 10 HUC and drops 0 coins upon death excluding coins he carried. 10 HUC vanish from game economy per general death.
2. Once some general becomes poisoned, player can use serum costing 100 HUC to heal general. 100 HUC vanish from game economy per serum consumed.
3. Entrance to friendly base costs 1 HUC, enemy bases 5 HUC. Those coins vanish from game afterwards.
4. Player can use speedup potion to temporaly double movement speed once and only once (no stacking). Potion costs and afterwards removes 50 HUC from game economy.
5. Protection potion adds 50% chance player character will not be killed if static (sitting on spawn) for up to 8 hours. It costs 10 HUC etc, etc.

TLDR - the price for gameplay is way too low. Playing without investing anything besides occassionaly buying general should be much much harder (less coins made overally and

Do not count on demand for HUC increasing via 3rd-party services like online shops and so on, it is too late for that. There are way too many more elegant solutions (BTC, NXT).

That will continuously deplete coins from the system , moving away from a crypto and deflating too fast.
We need autotargetting prices , such as the price for a general.
The price of a general should increase as the total number of generals increases and as time passes. I'm not sure exactly which variables should be used and how much it should be based on it , but this would be needed.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:45:45 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 07:34:03 PM by snailbrain

That will continuously deplete coins from the system , moving away from a crypto and deflating too fast.
We need autotargetting prices , such as the price for a general.
The price of a general should increase as the total number of generals increases and as time passes. I'm not sure exactly which variables should be used and how much it should be based on it , but this would be needed.

@subtrata

thanks for the post - yes we have already discussed some what losing coins.. but i'm not sure it's a good idea (as jambola said)- need to think more.
will read fully later

also though - what is the driving force for shit/scam coins? need to do the things i listed - get more pools mining, get on more exchanges etc

for price of a general I was considering something like this:

The cost of a general is based on how many generals are on the map at the last disaster and the total amount of coins in circulation.

but we would need to decide on how much percent of coins should be played on the map?

e.g. we can say that 10% of total coins should be played on the map.

if there are 5k generals on the map at the time of disaster, then general costs will be 50 HUC each next disaster.
if 1000 generals on map, maybe 250 hucs per general.

maths could be wrong, just going off memory Smiley (also needs to be more expensive if there is too many players, as well as too little?- can't think right now, but this is partly the reason i created a poll on the huntercoin forum)

maybe 20% would be better.

just a thought for now - as the price may be 100$+ to play

edit: regarding the above.. problem is the "rush" may be dominated by bots collecting all the coins at disaster, so maybe we need to do the "spawn at other side of map than normal when you start for x blocks

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:34:41 PM

If I bought a new miner like one of those antminers.  Would my hash power have any real effect on the network?  I'd like to help out.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:34:57 PM

If I bought a new miner like one of those antminers.  Would my hash power have any real effect on the network?  I'd like to help out.

It's not so much adding more hash power (although that's always good)

Currently F2pool (discus-fish/silverfish(?)) are mining both SHA256 and Scrypt.
They are the 2nd biggest bitcoin pool in the world
and largest LTC pool in the world.
Although - i don't think they are going full blast on the network.

Need more pools to distribute the coins and get more people collecting hucs.

Also some P2Pool miners are mining, but it's very difficult to get a block.
The problem with p2pool is: when you mine bitcoin you get shares of the bitcoin like mining in a normal pool, but when merge mining altcoins, it is the same as solo mining. i.e. you do not get shares of the block reward.
I was told by someone that alternate chains need to be created/implemented into p2pool so that you get shares of merged mined p2pool coins (hash power is combined? i assume). i believe it was words to that affect.

If someone can fix this (even foresstev [mispelt]) so that  NMC and HUC p2pool merged mining works better (create altchains?), we can offer a bounty from the development fund.

Have been waiting to post it while i get the exact details and the work involved.
-
I've heard some other pools will start mining.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:59:32 PM

Having never played the game or even downloaded the wallet, and also being a person that generally disfavors any changes to any coin's block reward, I'd like to go on record as being in favor of this change  Tongue

I don't think it really "changes" the block reward, it's almost a completely different concept. Full disclosure, I do own some few hundred HUC (not even sure how much, tbh, 500-1000), it would be nice to see the price go up, but it's not really factor in my thinking here - it wouldn't be a big deal to me if HUC went to the ltc market. I just think it makes sense that it really "costs" something to play the game, and I like the idea of bonuses/powerups being available for some "cost" as well. Maybe these don't need to be hard-coded numbers, as snailbrain said. I think it would be neat to offer the powerups for some initial price, then if lots of people are using the powerups the price will start to rise; higher rate of use by players would lead to continual increases in the price of the powerup, and then eventually it would cost so much the player rate of use would have to decrease, and so would the price...

I really keep on meaning to download the wallet and try out the game...guess I'll get on that now Cheesy
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:29:19 AM

downloading the blockchain now...oh my cheesus Shocked
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:37:21 AM

I've just released an update of my client, here info and download link:
http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin

added life indication after poison strikes, display disaster chance to happen (indicative), and added a "delete transaction" button in the detail dialog of a transaction opened from the miniwallet window

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:14:07 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 05:52:50 PM by subSTRATA

also though - what is the driving force for shit/scam coins? need to do the things i listed - get more pools mining, get on more exchanges etc

It is about more or less organized propaganda, as always. But if you want long-term stable currency regardless of propaganda you need to combat and win at two areas:

1. Inflation
2. Liquidity

1. The way to combat and win inflation is to either stop coin generation completely or work toward (newly generated coins) - (destroyed coins) = zero or close to zero
2. While it is easy to provide liquidity on sell side it is not easy to provide it on buy side. Unless investors are pretty much sure they will at least preserve the value of their
investment they will not invest. I'm not speaking about 1 BTC or similar investments but 100+ BTC ones and I'm not speaking about your average crypto speculator but rich
people, of a sort that does not invest unless chance is high some profit will occur. As for now, climate with Huntercoin is just not right for such people to bother investing.

Having never played the game or even downloaded the wallet, and also being a person that generally disfavors any changes to any coin's block reward, I'd like to go on record as being in favor of this change  Tongue

I don't think it really "changes" the block reward, it's almost a completely different concept. Full disclosure, I do own some few hundred HUC (not even sure how much, tbh, 500-1000), it would be nice to see the price go up, but it's not really factor in my thinking here - it wouldn't be a big deal to me if HUC went to the ltc market. I just think it makes sense that it really "costs" something to play the game, and I like the idea of bonuses/powerups being available for some "cost" as well. Maybe these don't need to be hard-coded numbers, as snailbrain said. I think it would be neat to offer the powerups for some initial price, then if lots of people are using the powerups the price will start to rise; higher rate of use by players would lead to continual increases in the price of the powerup, and then eventually it would cost so much the player rate of use would have to decrease, and so would the price...

Hard-coded values make it all easier. I don't see a true benefit of adjusting prices dynamically here. The whole point is to make it much harder for non-paying player to get more
coins via playing. If entrance cost is 10 HUC only and eventually you'll get 9.6 HUC back via picking coins after your other general died than there is practically no entrance cost.
It really makes no difference if you will pick those 9.6 HUC or someone else, those coins stay within game economy and can be dumped at any moment. Inflation remains constant
and with no demand increase price will go down, it is inevitable.

HUC should not attempt to do everything. Drop the idea of HUC being used for commerce outside of it's own realm and push the game more as a game, as 1st ever decentralized
game it is already a winner but to make it a true winner usual game systems and mechanics should be added, namely as much wealth drains as possible. There is no other way to
preserve or increase value of HUC coins. Even if you count on massive influx of players at some point know that once they get a mere 10 HUC most will never have to buy any more
but will highly likely dump way more then 10 HUC afterwards.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:10:38 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 08:27:54 PM by snailbrain

Thanks for your detailed thoughts <3

1. The way to combat and win inflation is to either stop coin generation completely or work toward (newly generated coins) - (destroyed coins) = zero or close to zero
2. While it is easy to provide liquidity on sell side it is not easy to provide it on buy side. Unless investors are pretty much sure they will at least preserve the value of their
investment they will not invest. I'm not speaking about 1 BTC or similar investments but 100+ BTC ones and I'm not speaking about your average crypto speculator but rich
people, of a sort that does not invest unless chance is high some profit will occur. As for now, climate with Huntercoin is just not right for such people to bother investing.

1. Like 99% of other cryptos including bitcoin block reward will halve. I think there is no need to destroy coins for quick market speculation boost.
2. Yep. Hopefully they will come with time once huntercoin is ready for the masses.

At 10 HUCs each that would mean a total of 4.2million generals could ever be created in it's entire lifespan (obviously would be a lot less). The price would become way too expensive to play. Obviously the price could then be lowered. Still, i think destroying coins needs much more discussion.
Also i think it gives more incentive to kill other players if they drop the coins.
I will have to dig out the full conversation I had with mikhail when we decided not to destroy coins (before release), but in the end this is how we did it.

If you die someone can take your 9.6 hucs? you can only recycle if you give up (head back to base, survive, pickup with another general) - also you don't know a disaster is coming.
There is an entrance cost and risk.

Huntercoin is a crypto currency and a game.
Really it is a Crypto-Currency with Human mining.

----

What's Happening atm and what's the plan?

We need to wait to observe what happens with regards to bots over the next few disasters.

Domob is progressing very well with the blockchain pruning implementation and performance updates.

For game play :

The game imo, must be played semi-afk (due to slow blocktimes). - unless controlling hundreds (but for most casual - semi-afk)-- see below for ways to help

Need Very Basic Botting adding to the QT:

1. Set General to harvest coins in a specified area (doesn't need to be a harvest area). Return to base and go back after collected X amount.
BGB has already done this but I have not tried it and don't know if it's been updated. Hunters should auto move to closest coins.
Needs to be simple so all players can use. Would be good if it could play 2 hunters in the same area (only send closest hunter).

2. Auto Attack - if more than x enemies in range, just in the QT for now (performs disaster tx). Would be good if it could differentiate between friendly's of opposite colours. Zy0n i think is working on this.

Alarms

Ability to set alarms if certain conditions are met (popup notification or beep?)

1. X Enemies in range (not including friendly).
2. X Blocks to Destination.
3. Player Death
4. Disaster.
more..?

The mobile client will notify you of things like above. So you can play the game semi afk. Your phone may beep at funny times, and you will need to see to it (like a pet).

Guilds / Team Play - faster communication, easier to work together in a pool/team... helps with semi-afk style play.

Guild functions will be added to the centralized server based service.
Including things such as calendar (when people can play), objectives (control certain area, watch supply trains), find players (who you can trust) in different time zones? profit/loss?,
---

not sure if everyone read the interview?
http://www.coinssource.com/interview-with-the-founder-huntercoin/

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:39:46 PM

1. Set General to harvest coins in a specified area (doesn't need to be a harvest area). Return to base and go back after collected X amount.
BGB has already done this but I have not tried it and don't know if it's been updated. Hunters should auto move to closest coins.
Needs to be simple so all players can use. Would be good if it could play 2 hunters in the same area (only send closest hunter).

I am working on the update for this and am adding some of the functionality I have been using. I am rewriting some things to allow for future expansion. I am doing some in game testing now so hopefully in a few days I'll have it updated. I am not a GUI designer so unfortunately this is all controlled via a config file. I will probably put a utility on the web to help create it.

Features/ Improvements over current version:

1) Provide a destination for characters to go to and wait for coins (same as current version)
2) When maxLoot reached, go back to base (same as current version)
3) Can have multiple colors in one client
4) Can specify own names instead of using a prefix and auto generated numbers
5) Will look for coins nearby and while in route to spawn
    - I really struggle with adding this functionality, but I guess its up to the player if/how you use it. If everybody has this functionality, a coin appears, then 20 bots all go for the same coin. It might end up costing you more in transaction fees than its worth to move.
6) Will attempt to unstack players, searching for empty tiles in the coin area within your set range.
7) Config loads every block
Cool Automatic pending deletes after X amount of blocks pass
9) Can configure minimum wallet amount
10) Can configure maximum born (will reset to zero though upon client restart)
11) Can transfer players automatically to another wallet
12) Priority spawn moves
13) Will keep track of targets so your own players don't go for same coin
14) etc...

Here is the configuration so far for example:

debug=1    Turns on/off debug info in the debug.log
enabled=1  Turns on/off the bot functionality
mode=DUMBAFK  The mode of bot
maxLoot=55000000  Amount of loot needed before going home
startDelay=60  Seconds to delay startup
maxLootDistanceAtDest=4    Maximum number of moves to search for loot around destination
maxLootDistanceInRoute=3   Maximum number of moves to search while in route to destination
transfer=   What address to transfer players to
maxMoves=1   Number of maximum moves will make per block
maxBorn=1  Number of times a player can be born
maxCreate=1 Maximum number of players to create at once
createOnBlock=1  How often (nth block) to create players
minCreateBalance=2000000000   Minimum wallet balance needed to create players
stickToDest=0   Force to stay at destination, or allow player to stop within maxLootDistanceAtDest from destination

desty=BGB_Test 71,68   desty means yellow color, BGB_Test is the player name, and then the coords to go to (destg = green, destb = blue, destr = red)
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:08:34 PM

Thanks for your detailed thoughts <3

At 10 HUCs each that would mean a total of 4.2million generals could ever be created in it's entire lifespan (obviously would be a lot less). The price would become way too expensive to play. Obviously the price could then be lowered. Still, i think destroying coins needs much more discussion.
Also i think it gives more incentive to kill other players if they drop the coins.
I will have to dig out the full conversation I had with mikhail when we decided not to destroy coins (before release), but in the end this is how we did it.

We need to wait to observe what happens with regards to bots over the next few disasters.

Domob is progressing very well with the blockchain pruning implementation and performance updates.

I guess you're probably right that you wouldn't want to go overboard destroying coins, and you've kind of changed my mind on it altogether, but I still think the powerup idea is neat (still not having played the game - more on that in second paragraph), especially with a floating value. If you could buy a potion that allowed you to move double the distance the next turn, and then coins that the player paid for it would either be destroyed or put on the map or fed to miners, that might add a dynamic more favorable to human players than bots (or vice versa perhaps).

I still haven't played game because I downloaded game and blockchain last night, and have been syncing since then, and it's only gone from two weeks behind to like 9 days behind Shocked I guess investing in this coin at this point is betting that someone can eventually deliver it to the masses, which imo it is not something most people would want to try and get going at this point. This is really the one coin that could actually benefit from an android app Cheesy
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:01:26 PM

I am working on the update for this and am adding some of the functionality I have been using. I am rewriting some things to allow for future expansion. I am doing some in game testing now so hopefully in a few days I'll have it updated. I am not a GUI designer so unfortunately this is all controlled via a config file. I will probably put a utility on the web to help create it.

Features/ Improvements over current version:

1) Provide a destination for characters to go to and wait for coins (same as current version)
2) When maxLoot reached, go back to base (same as current version)
3) Can have multiple colors in one client
4) Can specify own names instead of using a prefix and auto generated numbers
5) Will look for coins nearby and while in route to spawn
    - I really struggle with adding this functionality, but I guess its up to the player if/how you use it. If everybody has this functionality, a coin appears, then 20 bots all go for the same coin. It might end up costing you more in transaction fees than its worth to move.
6) Will attempt to unstack players, searching for empty tiles in the coin area within your set range.
7) Config loads every block
Cool Automatic pending deletes after X amount of blocks pass
9) Can configure minimum wallet amount
10) Can configure maximum born (will reset to zero though upon client restart)
11) Can transfer players automatically to another wallet
12) Priority spawn moves
13) Will keep track of targets so your own players don't go for same coin
14) etc...

Here is the configuration so far for example:

debug=1    Turns on/off debug info in the debug.log
enabled=1  Turns on/off the bot functionality
mode=DUMBAFK  The mode of bot
maxLoot=55000000  Amount of loot needed before going home
startDelay=60  Seconds to delay startup
maxLootDistanceAtDest=4    Maximum number of moves to search for loot around destination
maxLootDistanceInRoute=3   Maximum number of moves to search while in route to destination
transfer=   What address to transfer players to
maxMoves=1   Number of maximum moves will make per block
maxBorn=1  Number of times a player can be born
maxCreate=1 Maximum number of players to create at once
createOnBlock=1  How often (nth block) to create players
minCreateBalance=2000000000   Minimum wallet balance needed to create players
stickToDest=0   Force to stay at destination, or allow player to stop within maxLootDistanceAtDest from destination

desty=BGB_Test 71,68   desty means yellow color, BGB_Test is the player name, and then the coords to go to (destg = green, destb = blue, destr = red)

good work BGB. Your contributions have been invaluable to the project, even if some others may be a little negative lol

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 12:15:38 AM

I noticed the other day that HUC on https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ was showing all ? on it and was ranked in the 300's!

I sent the owner a quick PM and he was very swift to get us all fixed up again!

If anyone wants to throw them any change their address is:

15gJiApW3G9MN2iTteQwQbq7NundwGWwv6

As she sits atm we are looking at #118!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: