Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 11:27:35 AM

In this one, they are proposing using fiat wallets as a stepping stone to bitcoin. Allowing people to pay and receive in local fiat, but transacting in bitcoin. It's an interesting concept, which might make it easy for users to understand, but I'm not sure it is a good solution. Anyway, take a look, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Fiat Wallets: The Key to Bitcoin Going Mainstream?

http://www.coindesk.com/fiat-wallets-the-key-to-bitcoin-going-mainstream/

I'm not convinced this is even a good idea let alone a "solution". I thought the ultimate goal was to replace fiat with crypto. It would seem to me that using crypto to enable a fiat transaction is contrary to the goal of global use and acceptance. If we continue to prop up the established fiat ecosystem, we are downgrading the value of crypto and supporting the very dinosaur we are trying to slay.

On the other hand, perhaps in the short run, this would help make people more aware of crypto but I doubt the average Joe would see enough value to move from fiat to crypto for end to end transactions if there was an easy to use middle ground translation service. And, it does nothing for merchant retention of crypto.

Nice idea but, I don't see the long term use case...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 11:34:12 AM

A new crypto index is currently in development. I suggest going here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151078.0

and reading up on the project then, vote for DNotes (NOTE) to be included. I suggested they add NOTE to the voting and they have done so.

Get out and vote!   Cheesy

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 11:36:59 AM

Also, Cryptsy is still adding coins, added ETHERIUM today so, keep the pressure on!

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:27:11 PM

In this one, they are proposing using fiat wallets as a stepping stone to bitcoin. Allowing people to pay and receive in local fiat, but transacting in bitcoin. It's an interesting concept, which might make it easy for users to understand, but I'm not sure it is a good solution. Anyway, take a look, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Fiat Wallets: The Key to Bitcoin Going Mainstream?

Since bitcoin was introduced in 2009, we have seen endless efforts to make it mainstream.

These efforts have spanned the launches of the world’s ‘easiest bitcoin web wallet’, ‘easiest bitcoin mobile wallet’, ‘consumer multi-sig wallets’ and ‘easiest way to buy bitcoins’.

The user interface has improved by leaps and bounds. We as a community even spent more than a year debating ‘bits’ vs ‘bitcoin’ in an effort to make new bitcoin owners feel wealthier. Startups who act as custodians of customers' bitcoins began advertising "we are fully insured", "we have proof of reserves", "we have the world’s most secure vault" and "we are fully licensed".

What has been achieved so far?

One could argue that instead of mainstreaming bitcoin as a payment network, we’ve instead encouraged the speculation on bitcoin prices.

In the past couple of years, as volatility became an issue in light of a more than 70% drop in bitcoin prices, merchant services offered retailers the ability to accept fiat over the bitcoin network.

The way it works is that consumer bitcoins would be sent to the merchant processor, who then settles with the merchant in the desired fiat currency. However, the benchmarks of success for these services have included statistics on the percentage of revenues merchants keep as bitcoin.

It begs the question: Why does that even matter?

This spring, on the consumer side, services such as OKLink, Coinbase, and Circle have solved the volatility issue for consumers by adding or pre-announcing fiat wallets linked to the bitcoin network. CNY (OKLink) and USD (Coinbase and Circle). This will let users pay and receive in their local currency, while the transfer is made using bitcoins in the background and without any currency exchange risk.

Thus far, this is being offered as somewhat of a side feature. These services are maintaining the dual mode of allowing users the choice to use bitcoin as the front end (bitcoin wallet over the bitcoin network) or the back end (fiat wallet over the bitcoin network).

This is akin to a gas station offering you a core service of buying and storing oil, while giving you the optional side service of filling your car.

In no way am I disparaging bitcoin’s long term value and the promise it holds as the best money the world has ever seen. A different approach towards mainstreaming adoption of the network won’t weaken this function, and could in fact strengthen it.

[...]

http://www.coindesk.com/fiat-wallets-the-key-to-bitcoin-going-mainstream/

I really don't see this as an answer to mainstream adoption.  It may be of help to people already familiar with bitcoin or businesses wanting to try it, that didn't use it because of the volatility, but I still don't see the average consumer finding any benefit in this.  This doesn't get consumers do drop their preferred method of payment either - the almighty credit card.  I don't see that they have done anything for the ease of use (or the Why do I need this??)  that is so badly needed for mainstream adoption.

That is correct. In my opinion, it is a useless attempt and NOT making things easier, less confusing and more user-friendly. I have a first hand, real life experience in my efforts to do a lot more reading as I start to outline and write articles for DCEBrief. Honestly, there were days I got so confused and exhausted I did not write a single paragraph. There is a look of "smoke and mirror" when majority of the population have not even heard of Bitcoin.

Wow! There seem to be so many great ideas, supported with great graphics, good documentation and well publicized; with some supported by big names; the likes of IBM, Samsung, Citibank, Accenture and others. Accenture even suggested dropping Bitcoin the currency and just keep the block chain: "Accenture: Blockchain Has Great Potential, Currency Needs to Go" http://cointelegraph.com/news/115019/accenture-blockchain-has-great-potential-currency-needs-to-go.

This next phase will be even more confusing. My prediction is that the banks will prevail in coming up with their "centralized" version of Bitcoin and demonize the need for decentralized Bitcoin.

It is important for us to be very clear that Bitcoin and alternative digital currency like DNotes utilize the entire ingenious innovation of Satoshi Nakamoto and I absolutely believe that, promoted as a total package, it is the greatest technology revolution in the history of mankind and will be the most effective tool to improve economic inequalities on a worldwide scale. New Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1% http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/19/global-wealth-oxfam-inequality-davos-economic-summit-switzerland   Unless there is a movement to slow down this trend, worldwide economic inequalities will get far worse.

DCEBrief will be the best opportunity unity our industry to help build a truly decentralized global digital currency so that every one can participate. With financial crises already causing great financial pain in many parts of the world making an alternative global currency available is a very good thing. We are all proud to be the community who tirelessly pursue this worthy mission.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 12:54:18 PM

and reading up on the project then, vote for DNotes (NOTE) to be included. I suggested they add NOTE to the voting and they have done so.

voted  Wink
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 01:51:09 PM

“The most important characteristic of bitcoin, making it different from conventional currency, is that it's decentralized – no one authority controls the money network.”

Certainly decentralization is the characteristic that appeals most to libertarians. However, the supra-national nature of cryptos is equally relevant.

@ Coinfortech: Australian? I will check it out forthwith. (Can’t believe we’ve never bumped into it!)

@: “However, the benchmarks of success for these services have included statistics on the percentage of revenues merchants keep as bitcoin. It begs the question: Why does that even matter?”

It’s a biggie!

Some setups provide merchants with a real-time Bitcoin-back-to-fiat service, in which case Bitcoin is serving only as another payment method.*

However, once any merchant begins to hold some of that Bitcoin, it is available to be used to buy products directly from another Bitcoin-accepting business.

Nxt’s BGCAFFE is a great example of this. The ‘asset’ (crypto, for intents and purposes) is both the stock of the company and a crypto.

So, if BGCAFFE and BGCAFFE’s customers and BGCAFFE’s suppliers and their customers all begin holding and using the BGCAFFE asset to and fro among themselves . . . that’s the holy grail, transactional volume (and a giant leap towards stability).

Mark

*Back in early 2014, guys, when Bitcoin's price was relentlessly slipping after the end of The Big Spike in late 2013, at the time when commercial adoption was really beginning to gain traction, we angsted endlessly over why Bitcoin wasn't going up in price in synch with that adoption.

The most popular theory was that the Bitcoin taken by companies like Dell Computers and Toshiba Electrics was being put immediately back on the market.

"The most popular theory was that the Bitcoin taken by companies like Dell Computers and Toshiba Electrics was being put immediately back on the market."

Even though people purchasing with Bitcoin might feel they are helping to support the Bitcoin ecosystem, when it is in fact not helping it much at all. As you said, the holy grail will be a chain of payments where the digital currency is never converted to fiat, employees are paid in digital currency, and merchants use it to buy and sell. That will take some time.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:14:53 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 02:05:33 PM by Dyna

This should give our readers a good idea what DECBrief is all about. I am personally delighted that this represents a strong demonstration of DNotes' leadership and commitment to our industry. It is not just about DNotes but the preservation and our commitment to the true spirit in promoting a decentralized global digital currency for everyone. This will take a lot of heavy lifting and we can use a lot of support from our industry peers.

Purpose and Mission of
Digital Currency Executive Brief

The dynamics of the world we live in are rapidly changing and at an increasingly faster pace. We are already living in the digital age, from a humble beginning when personal computers were first introduced in the late 1970s evolving into mobile computing and wireless communication in the late 1980s.

The Internet, E-commerce, smart phones, online banking, Crowdfunding, digital currency, social media and more, are the direct result of the convergence of technologies including seamless wireless communication and powerful computing capabilities at our finger tips, all of which are available today.

We are now hyperconnected globally, with a projection of five billion people online by the year 2020. Some of the world’s biggest problems may very well be our biggest opportunities, in terms of job and wealth creation. One of the biggest problems is the lack of a global currency that is not at the mercy of the misfortune of individual nations, where innocent citizens can lose their life savings overnight. Like the rerun of a bad movie, we have seen it too many times. Unfortunately, as in the case of Greece, it got a lot worse each time it was replayed, with little hope for a long term solution.

There are clearly massive economic inequalities on a worldwide scale. The opportunity to facilitate global collaboration to assist the unbanked as a means to help alleviate poverty, as well as to encourage women business empowerment and more are now within our reach. The technologies are already at our disposal. What is missing is a truly global digital currency that is not owned by a single nation, or a united group of nations as in the case of the European Union.

Most people may not realize that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution in the history of mankind as a result of the creation of Bitcoin in 2009. This immensely innovative decentralized distributed consensus technology enables one Internet user to pay another Internet user anywhere worldwide, instantly at near zero cost, without the oversight of any central authority or middleman. It is as convenient as paying cash at a local convenience store and the value of the payment is exactly the same any where worldwide.

This will have very positive world changing implications resulting in a quantum shift in the way we collaborate and conduct global commerce. Imagine the limitless possibilities to facilitate global economic equality.

There may not be a better opportunity for our political leaders, regulators, philanthropists, media executives, educators, business executives and others to pledge a small commitment of their precious time to stay objectively informed on issues that matter as they pertain to the utilization of digital currencies to promote global collaboration for economic equality.

DCEBrief is committed to focus on bringing to your attention on issues that matter utilizing “Executive Summary” without fluff and filler. When appropriate, we may also include full length articles. Our mission is to keep you informed with timely, objective, accurate, and unbiased information. We will need the cooperation of the mainstream media and the full support of our political leaders and regulators to help promote and not stifle innovation for the better good of mankind.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:53:02 PM

voted  Wink

Same here. We're tied for 27th place with 4 votes, it should be easy to break the top 20 if everyone votes.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 08:17:50 PM

voted  Wink

Same here. We're tied for 27th place with 4 votes, it should be easy to break the top 20 if everyone votes.

Thanks all, looks like we need to catch up a bit to be included. Is this like another coinmarketcap?

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:48:07 PM

Get out and vote!   Cheesy

voted  Wink

Thanks all, looks like we need to catch up a bit to be included. Is this like another coinmarketcap?

It's a "Bullish Percent Index", originally applied to NYSE stocks in the 50's. It's used to provide insight into market conditions. They haven't given many more details, but it could be a useful tool for Wall Street traders to make sense of the industry.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:11:07 PM

voted  Wink

RJF, thanks for getting us on the voting list. I just voted and urge you all to do the same. Despite all that hard work and PR campaign DNotes has a long way to go in our awareness campaign. Many people, even within our industry, may not heard of DNotes yet. Any exposure we can get for DNotes will be of value. Thanks.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:28:05 PM

Voted - thanks RJF!

Should we send out a few messages to people who haven't posted in a while asking for their support voting here and on Cryptsy?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:31:24 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 02:42:18 AM by Chase

Here is my 1st draft for the CRISP for Kids article.  I'm probably only at around 450 - 500  words, so I could use everyone's input as to what else needs to be said.  I agree with Marc on being careful that things don't get wordy.  I would rather have a short article than one with too much filler.   The title is just a thought.

I purposely left out the Rich List, because I think it is something that is exclusive to the cryptocurrency culture.  I don't feel comfortable bragging about the the rich when I would rather be helping the poor.  I think this is true of everyone at DNotes and part of what we stand for.  Let's be rich... and humble. Smiley

CRISP For Kids - The Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan is Born

The CRISP For Kids program began as a joint pilot project of DNotes and CryptoMoms in July 2014.  It was designed to evolve around CryptoMoms, a currency neutral site dedicated to encourage women's participation in cryptocurrency.  This design allows for the easy participation of family and friends.  http://cryptomoms.com/

CRISP for kids was created to help the world's children and grandchildren develop strong saving habits early, in order to help secure their financial future.  All CRISPs (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) are unstructured and self directed plans, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.  Re-occurring savings, in a any amount, may be added at any time.

After the launch of the CRISP, it soon became evident that the parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles from around the world are genuinely concerned about the financial well being of the children in their families.  In fact, many of the kids currently in the program were signed up by their grandparents who gave them a gift of DNotes to get them started.

Children are great candidates for a long term savings plan in digital currency.  Their long term investment horizon and the early stage of the digital currency industry allows for significant capital appreciation.

Anyone can set up or contribute to a child's CRISP, giving this program the potential to help children around the world.  A teacher could establish CRISPs for all of his or her students, and at the same time start teaching the class about digital currency.  Cryptocurrency can be a powerful lesson tool and what is new and evolving today will be the norm for them in the future.

The funds from the CRISP can be used by the child for their education, travel, their first home, as well as many other things.  By the time the children are old enough to withdraw the DNotes, they will be very grateful their parents or grandparents had the foresight to take early advantage of an investment in digital currency.

With the launch of the DNotesVault in December, 2014, you need little more than an email address to start a CRISP.  All deposits sent to any DNotesVault address are securely stored offline in DNotes cold storage vault with a 100% guarantee.  http://www.dnotesvault.com/

Everyone at CryptoMoms is very proud of the CRISP For Kids program and it is a delight reading the posts of the proud parents and grandparents as they share a little bit about each child.  Some have left messages that will outlive the writer and it is starting to have almost a time-capsule feeling.

CryptoMoms and the DNotes team are dedicated to helping anyone interested in starting a CRISP for any child.  Please visit:  http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:56:38 AM

Cryptsy just announced the addition of the following coins:

BigVern @cryptsy26m
The following markets are now online: CON/BTC, SPRTS/BTC, AXIOM/BTC, CIRC/BTC, NEOS/BTC

Huh?

Mochilles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:34:50 AM

Wtf Cryptsy?

Market caps & (Volume):

CON: $27,000 ($290) - Added (Not on voting list)
SPRTS:  $6,300 ($80) - Added (Not on voting list)
AXIOM: $26,000 ($3000) - Added (Not on voting list)
CIRC: $187,000 ($22,000) - Added (Not on voting list)
NEOS: $23,000 ($150) - Added (41st on voting list)

NOTE: $1,240,000 ($550) - Not Added (1st on voting list).

No sense.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:33:46 PM

Wtf Cryptsy?

Market caps & (Volume):

No sense.

Good morning, Mochilles. I understand your frustration. Our community came together and made a big effort, in good faith, based on their published voting system. As a community we invested a great amount of time and resources and gained the 1st place on their list.  I like to trust that they respect our dedicated efforts and contributions of money by way of Bitcoin and Cryptsy Points. At this point, it is best not to rush to judgment and give them till the end of the month. Hopefully, DNotes would have been listed on Cryptsy by then or we would have been given the good courtesy of an explanation why DNotes deserves less than the coins you listed above.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 02:12:17 PM

Here is my 1st draft for the CRISP for Kids article.  I'm probably only at around 450 - 500  words, so I could use everyone's input as to what else needs to be said.  I agree with Marc on being careful that things don't get wordy.  I would rather have a short article than one with too much filler.   The title is just a thought.

I purposely left out the Rich List, because I think it is something that is exclusive to the cryptocurrency culture.  I don't feel comfortable bragging about the the rich when I would rather be helping the poor.  I think this is true of everyone at DNotes and part of what we stand for.  Let's be rich... and humble. Smiley

The CRISP For Kids program began as a joint pilot project of DNotes and CryptoMoms in July 2014.  It was designed to evolve around CryptoMoms, a currency neutral site dedicated to encourage women's participation in cryptocurrency.  This design allows for the easy participation of family and friends.  http://cryptomoms.com/

CRISP for kids was created to help the world's children and grandchildren develop strong saving habits early, in order to help secure their financial future.  All CRISPs (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) are unstructured and self directed plans, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.  Re-occurring savings, in a any amount, may be added at any time.

After the launch of the CRISP, it soon became evident that the parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles from around the world are genuinely concerned about the financial well being of the children in their families.  In fact, many of the kids currently in the program were signed up by their grandparents who gave them a gift of DNotes to get them started.

Children are great candidates for a long term savings plan in digital currency.  Their long term investment horizon and the early stage of the digital currency industry allows for significant capital appreciation.

Anyone can set up or contribute to a child's CRISP, giving this program the potential to help children around the world.  A teacher could establish CRISPs for all of his or her students, and at the same time start teaching the class about digital currency.  Cryptocurrency can be a powerful lesson tool and what is new and evolving today will be the norm for them in the future.

The funds from the CRISP can be used by the child for their education, travel, their first home, as well as many other things.  By the time the children are old enough to withdraw the DNotes, they will be very grateful their parents or grandparents had the foresight to take early advantage of an investment in digital currency.

With the launch of the DNotesVault in December, 2014, you need little more than an email address to start a CRISP.  All deposits sent to any DNotesVault address are securely stored offline in DNotes cold storage vault with a 100% guarantee.  http://www.dnotesvault.com/

Everyone at CryptoMoms is very proud of the CRISP For Kids program and it is a delight reading the posts of the proud parents and grandparents as they share a little bit about each child.  Some have left messages that will outlive the writer and it is starting to have almost a time-capsule feeling.

CryptoMoms and the DNotes team are dedicated to helping anyone interested in starting a CRISP for any child.  Please visit:  http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530

Looks great to me Chase! I think you've hit on the key points and benefits of the CRISP for Kids program while minimizing any fluff. The only thing I can think of is giveaways, but that probably isn't good for this type of article.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 02:32:50 PM

Looks great to me Chase! I think you've hit on the key points and benefits of the CRISP for Kids program while minimizing any fluff. The only thing I can think of is giveaways, but that probably isn't good for this type of article.

Also, do you think you can come up with an executive brief for this?

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 02:34:52 PM

Wtf Cryptsy?

Market caps & (Volume):

No sense.

Good morning, Mochilles. I understand your frustration. Our community came together and made a big effort, in good faith, based on their published voting system. As a community we invested a great amount of time and resources and gained the 1st place on their list.  I like to trust that they respect our dedicated efforts and contributions of money by way of Bitcoin and Cryptsy Points. At this point, it is best not to rush to judgment and give them till the end of the month. Hopefully, DNotes would have been listed on Cryptsy by then or we would have been given the good courtesy of an explanation why DNotes deserves less than the coins you listed above.

unbelievable. much sad, cant understand why they not add Dnotes in first place, maybe this coins had win 1 positions weeks before. Sure they have pending work.

hope Dnotes is listed soon
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 03:26:03 PM

Wtf Cryptsy?

Market caps & (Volume):

No sense.

unbelievable. much sad, cant understand why they not add Dnotes in first place, maybe this coins had win 1 positions weeks before. Sure they have pending work.

hope Dnotes is listed soon

Hang in there! As I previously noted, we don't know how long those coins have been under consideration. Keep the faith, for now, and keep us in first place!

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: