Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:15:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:14:16 AM

DNOTES has been and will be one of my favorite all time alts.. Now that we have our own coin we are looking at the DNOTES Shining example of welcoming people from all walks of life into Cryptocurrency. I have to state, that compared to many other altcoin threads where there is a layer of arrogance and superiority complex combined, I find DNOTES COMMUNITY AND DEVS very heart warming and welcoming. I will never forget the welcome I received as a new kid on the block those many moons ago. I am now trying slowly to bag up DNOTES as an asset for our coin too. I believe DNOTES is an asset not just a coin. I have an idea for a collaboration with DNOTES involving a new sort of website so maybe in the near future we can have a private discussion on this? I believe in mutual cooperation between our coins and communities to foster and create a better crypto environment for all.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:32:52 PM

DNOTES has been and will be one of my favorite all time alts.. Now that we have our own coin we are looking at the DNOTES Shining example of welcoming people from all walks of life into Cryptocurrency. I have to state, that compared to many other altcoin threads where there is a layer of arrogance and superiority complex combined, I find DNOTES COMMUNITY AND DEVS very heart warming and welcoming. I will never forget the welcome I received as a new kid on the block those many moons ago. I am now trying slowly to bag up DNOTES as an asset for our coin too. I believe DNOTES is an asset not just a coin. I have an idea for a collaboration with DNOTES involving a new sort of website so maybe in the near future we can have a private discussion on this? I believe in mutual cooperation between our coins and communities to foster and create a better crypto environment for all.

Qiwoman, we appreciate all the support you have given to DNotes. You have been a great supporter since the very start! As you know we support initiatives that are beneficial to the cryptocurrency community and to DNotes stake holders.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:36:05 PM

nice dnotes coin price UP again, looks like mintpal entry feeling good for dnotes pushing it up the 1000 satosis line,

i know Dnotes coin price still now is devaluated, but is confortable see the babe growing with stability and work of a good human team behind.

im happy because am not wrong spreading dnotes words to people.

must keep working, the best future is to come.

thanks to all dnotes team.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:52:55 PM

Things are looking bright for the future of DNotes, and it's nice to see that everyone is on the same page!

I'd also like to announce that in addition to Fire related charities, FF4DC is a proud supporter of the Canadian Cancer Society. Three months ago we made a donation of $100. Had they accepted my offer of $100 in DNotes, they would be worth around $600 today! http://ff4dc.com/fundraising.html

Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/FF4DC
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Fighters-for-Digital-Currency/541658549287091
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

Things are looking bright for the future of DNotes, and it's nice to see that everyone is on the same page!

I'd also like to announce that in addition to Fire related charities, FF4DC is a proud supporter of the Canadian Cancer Society. Three months ago we made a donation of $100. Had they accepted my offer of $100 in DNotes, they would be worth around $600 today! http://ff4dc.com/fundraising.html

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Fighters-for-Digital-Currency/541658549287091

Wow! You got ahead of me in a good way. One of my posts next week will talk about charity fund raising with DNotes. It makes a lot of sense when there is a digital currency that has a reliable appreciating value. You just proved my point. Thanks.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:08:46 PM

Wow! You got ahead of me in a good way. One of my posts next week will talk about charity fund raising with DNotes. It makes a lot of sense when there is a digital currency that has a reliable appreciating value. You just proved my point. Thanks.

Any time, glad I could be of help to such a deserving development team.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

24 hour DNotes volume = 12 BTC!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/#markets

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:34:24 PM

What I find most surprising is the majority of trading took place on Poloniex, rather than Mintpal.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:05:55 PM

What I find most surprising is the majority of trading took place on Poloniex, rather than Mintpal.

Most likely, a lot of DNotes stake holders have not moved their DNotes and BTC over to Mintpal for various reasons. The positive mention of DNotes in FINANCIAL UNDERGROUND KINGDOM – CRYPTOCURRENCY BLOG  could have contributed to the record volume.

"FINANCIAL UNDERGROUND KINGDOM – CRYPTOCURRENCY BLOG
http://fuk.io/august-2014-report-best-altcoins-and-cryptos-to-mine-and-invest-in-right-now/

NOTE DNotes – coin with a few years upfront marketing plan made on scrypt algo. Dev team is very active and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and keeps the coin running and upgrading. The marketing team keeps filling their plans and the coin has to raise. Trading almost everywhere but best prices on Allcoin"
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:39:39 AM

woah the last time i check on price of Dnotes was 400 sat and now it went 1k lol. 
LorettaAndrews

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:11:51 AM

Dnotes at 1200an sat now
to the moon... Grin

runhuayi

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

Crypto

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:34:34 AM

Dyna,You have studied the bitshares X project? What do you think of this project?

Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN  !!! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0)钱包地址:Vuq19KLsjvU21Z7MaEBj44KN5m5YcggcQG
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:06:18 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 02:17:26 PM by Dyna

DNotes - Destined to Fulfill the Functions of Money

Since I have been preparing to write about the functions of money, I asked my six years old grandson, “What is money for?”  “Buy toys”, he replied instantly.

Money is certainly used to buy toys and much more, but it actually has three functions that have been generally agreed to. There is a fourth function that has been floating around for years, but not always discussed. Perhaps because it is a hybrid that came about as we developed more ways to use money by accepting installment or deferred payments for current purchases. If that is true, digital currency will enhance the functions of money even further. DNotes is positioning itself to lead in exploiting this huge potential of various additional advantages digital currency has to offer over fiat currencies.

Medium of exchange:

Money is used as the most convenient and efficient vehicle as a medium of exchange for goods and services.  It replaces the need to barter for goods and services, a highly unproductive and difficult system. Barter trade consumes unproductive time and resources to find and negotiate with the traders on both sides. As a result, everyone is willing to accept money in exchange for goods and services.

Unit of account:

Unit of account is a general consent on the value of a currency relative to a good or service or another currency (money). UD$3.00 can buy one gallon of Milk. 1 DNotes can be traded for 0.0001201 Bitcoin. This is a very simple concept with great implications, especially in the cryptocurrency world. It is reasonable to say that the cryptocurrency exchanges have been playing a very important role for “Unit of Account” for digital currency.  When a cryptocurrency is de-listed by most or all the exchanges, its value can only be established through barter trade, threatening the very survival of the coin.

In theory, when a coin continuously become more available and its value consistently appreciate at a reliable and sustainable rate the general consent of its  value is much more dependable than one that is not. As often the case in our industry, when the value of a currency is highly volatile with wide fluctuation of value, it is an indication that the general consent on the value of that currency is unsettled. Both uptrend and downtrend are likely to have been induced or manipulated; pump and dump. For long-term investor finding dependable general consent of value (unit of account) is very important.

Store of Value:

Money functions as a practical and convenient way to store value, allowing us to exchange money for goods and services at any time without worrying that the value may expire or rot away.  This allows us to save for retirement or diversify in protecting its value by investing in different currencies, and other asset class.

DNotes as a worthy Store of Value is part of our strategic mission. This is hugely important to a number of DNotes projects, including the recently introduced Baby DNotes program. More will be discussed in future posts.

Standard of deferred payment:

Standard of deferred payment is frequently used for current purchases with deferred or installment payments. However, it is not always discussed as a function of money. This could be partly because it involves both the unit of account and the store of value functions. Accounting for inflation and potential devaluation of the currency, the $10,000 you agreed to pay for the used car purchased today but paid monthly over 24 installments is worth less in present value by the time it is paid in full.

Standard of deferred payment is used as a benchmark to determine what interest rate should be added to preserve the present value of that agreed price. An incentive of a higher interest rate is often added to help offset potential default risk. It can also be priced in as the selling price and advertise as 0% interest as a sales promotion.

What if someone would accept the same purchase with installment payments in DNotes?

I strongly encourage further discussions and comments. If DNotes can serve well in all the functions of money, with additional advantages, mainstream adoption of digital currency is a certainty. DNotes is positioned to be that currency.  Building a solid foundation of trust and fundamental value has to be our trademarks. If money is for everyone, and so easy to understand and easy to use, DNotes as a digital currency for everyone must also be easy to understand and easy to use. That is a huge challenge our development team is working to overcome.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:41:13 PM

DNotes - Destined to Fulfill the Functions of Money

Since I have been preparing to write about the functions of money, I asked my six years old grandson, “What is money for?”  “Buy toys”, he replied instantly.

Money is certainly used to buy toys and much more, but it actually has three functions that have been generally agreed to. There is a fourth function that has been floating around for years, but not always discussed. Perhaps because it is a hybrid that came about as we developed more ways to use money by accepting installment or deferred payments for current purchases. If that is true, digital currency will enhance the functions of money even further. DNotes is positioning itself to lead in exploiting this huge potential of various additional advantages digital currency has to offer over fiat currencies.

Medium of exchange:

Money is used as the most convenient and efficient vehicle as a medium of exchange for goods and services.  It replaces the need to barter for goods and services, a highly unproductive and difficult system. Barter trade consumes unproductive time and resources to find and negotiate with the traders on both sides. As a result, everyone is willing to accept money in exchange for goods and services.

Unit of account:

Unit of account is a general consent on the value of a currency relative to a good or service or another currency (money). UD$3.00 can buy one gallon of Milk. 1 DNotes can be traded for 0.0001201 Bitcoin. This is a very simple concept with great implications, especially in the cryptocurrency world. It is reasonable to say that the cryptocurrency exchanges have been playing a very important role for “Unit of Account” for digital currency.  When a cryptocurrency is de-listed by most or all the exchanges, its value can only be established through barter trade, threatening the very survival of the coin.

In theory, when a coin continuously become more available and its value consistently appreciate at a reliable and sustainable rate the general consent of its  value is much more dependable than one that is not. As often the case in our industry, when the value of a currency is highly volatile with wide fluctuation of value, it is an indication that the general consent on the value of that currency is unsettled. Both uptrend and downtrend are likely to have been induced or manipulated; pump and dump. For long-term investor finding dependable general consent of value (unit of account) is very important.

Store of Value:

Money functions as a practical and convenient way to store value, allowing us to exchange money for goods and services at any time without worrying that the value may expire or rot away.  This allows us to save for retirement or diversify in protecting its value by investing in different currencies, and other asset class.

DNotes as a worthy Store of Value is part of our strategic mission. This is hugely important to a number of DNotes projects, including the recently introduced Baby DNotes program. More will be discussed in future posts.

Standard of deferred payment:

Standard of deferred payment is frequently used for current purchases with deferred or installment payments. However, it is not always discussed as a function of money. This could be partly because it involves both the unit of account and the store of value functions. Accounting for inflation and potential devaluation of the currency, the $10,000 you agreed to pay for the used car purchased today but paid monthly over 24 installments is worth less in present value by the time it is paid in full.

Standard of deferred payment is used as a benchmark to determine what interest rate should be added to preserve the present value of that agreed price. An incentive of a higher interest rate is often added to help offset potential default risk. It can also be priced in as the selling price and advertise as 0% interest as a sales promotion.

What if someone would accept the same purchase with installment payments in DNotes?

I strongly encourage further discussions and comments. If DNotes can serve well in all the functions of money, with additional advantages, mainstream adoption of digital currency is a certainty. DNotes is positioned to be that currency.  Building a solid foundation of trust and fundamental value has to be our trademarks. If money is for everyone, and so easy to understand and easy to use, DNotes as a digital currency for everyone must also be easy to understand and easy to use. That is a huge challenge our development team is working to overcome.

Wow. A lot to digest, but it brings to light that the vast majority of people do not even realize that money has more than one function: to buy things. If Dyna's vision of the future of crypto-currency VS fiat currency comes true, DNotes is positioned perfectly fulfill ALL the Functions of Money.

Well said, Yoda. DNotes could not be in better hands.

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:42:41 PM

Dyna,You have studied the bitshares X project? What do you think of this project?

Their strategy of creating new Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs) is sound and will likely help speed up mainstream adoption. They have a good business model of getting a lot of things done relatively quietly, until they have something solid. Among this group of major players such as Ripple, Ethereum, Nxt  and others, BTSX is on the top of my list.

Their ownership ratio (as to who owns what, how much, and why) is complex and confusing, making it nearly impossible to arrive at an objective valuation. Having said that, I will add that BTSX is one of the better speculative investments in our industry.

DNotes is more of a pure play if you believe in the potential of a relatively stable digital currency with reliable long-term appreciation. Since this is an open source industry, there will be a lot of technology sharing. We expect to make our fair share of contributions to the industry and will certainly benefit from the work of others as well. There is little limit as to what DNotes can do from a technology prospective. It is more of a matter of when and what we want to do, based on our priorities.

It is becoming very clear that many larger players will start competing in our industry. The cost of entry will increase rapidly. The ridiculously, large number of new coins being introduced will have dropped substantially by the end of this year. Many current coins will disappear in the next twelve months. The opportunities will be shifted towards supporting the ecosystem. This is how new technology evolves and we have always anticipated this.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Uhm is there something "special" about this coin ? Could not find anything interesting in the first posting.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:52:30 PM

Uhm is there something "special" about this coin ? Could not find anything interesting in the first posting.

Maybe you should read on, this thread is filled with information that could make you very wealthy someday.
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 10:39:14 PM

only talk is good speculative ,,,, its too short

its ok caotic forum, no instructions no where, difficult to understand, its all begining, but be sure bitcoin/dnotes is to money like bitsharesx is for bussiness.

im a few months in and i like to share my point of view with yours

i will try to simplify

all start from firm invictus innovations - http://invictus-innovations.com/

first create PTS/protoshares with own protocol and block chain, used to give coverture to Keyhotee that is software to have private identity to mail,chat,wallet, encripted and descentraliced 100% save of identity thiefs -
holding pts you will catch bitsharesX each time than one DAC (autonomous descentraliced corporation) is going to be created, this honor the work of pts miners.

later just a few days start with DAC BitsharesX, this descentraliced net is mantained by delegates (nodes) its a closed group his work is honoured by comisions, bitshares X will have lot of uses one of principal is descentraliced trading plataform, but another is invert in future DACs, last 21 august start dac of descentraliced DNS, and another used like voting platform each bitsharesx is 1 vote.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php

when a new dac is going to be created use 50% pts 50% btsx to financiate

this company has created his own tools to create online bussines like applestore, and has created his own blockchain/net to mantain his applys/bussines.
http://bitshares.org/

as my point of view will be the same like appstore is to apple, bitsharex will be for bitcoin.

really serius teams are working in, very professionals,  but yeah for now is littlebit caotic, but they are creating something really new and trust working from cero. and can assure white dacs, not drug arms or shit.

like they say, reimagine everything.

i like to share with yours cose i think is a really good option to invest, but littebit trickly to understand how this big machine runs
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 10:46:15 PM

the special thing of this coin is fast transactions can have a note in, and a good profesional team of people investing and working behind to add new functions and services to the coin.

not like the 80% criptocoins created by trolls to take fast btc and later abandon the coin.

thats a big difference.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:51:24 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 10:13:27 AM by Dyna

only talk is good speculative ,,,, its too short

its ok caotic forum, no instructions no where, difficult to understand, its all begining, but be sure bitcoin/dnotes is to money like bitsharesx is for bussiness.

im a few months in and i like to share my point of view with yours

i will try to simplify

all start from firm invictus innovations - http://invictus-innovations.com/

first create PTS/protoshares with own protocol and block chain, used to give coverture to Keyhotee that is software to have private identity to mail,chat,wallet, encripted and descentraliced 100% save of identity thiefs -
holding pts you will catch bitsharesX each time than one DAC (autonomous descentraliced corporation) is going to be created, this honor the work of pts miners.

later just a few days start with DAC BitsharesX, this descentraliced net is mantained by delegates (nodes) its a closed group his work is honoured by comisions, bitshares X will have lot of uses one of principal is descentraliced trading plataform, but another is invert in future DACs, last 21 august start dac of descentraliced DNS, and another used like voting platform each bitsharesx is 1 vote.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php

when a new dac is going to be created use 50% pts 50% btsx to financiate

this company has created his own tools to create online bussines like applestore, and has created his own blockchain/net to mantain his applys/bussines.
http://bitshares.org/

as my point of view will be the same like appstore is to apple, bitsharex will be for bitcoin.

really serius teams are working in, very professionals,  but yeah for now is littlebit caotic, but they are creating something really new and trust working from cero. and can assure white dacs, not drug arms or shit.

like they say, reimagine everything.

i like to share with yours cose i think is a really good option to invest, but littebit trickly to understand how this big machine runs

Great job explaining it. As you put it "bitcoin/dnotes is to money like bitsharesx is for business". Indeed currency is the biggest application of Bitcoin technology. Getting digital currency to be accepted as mainstream by consumers and merchants is the biggest challenge of all and that is our primary focus during the formative phase.

The existence of the blockchain technology makes it possible for "smart contracts' with a set of rules and timed releases, to be created and executed in the context of a distributed peer to peer network. DNotes, like some of our industry peers with a full development team, will have our version of features and applications that best suit our strategic objectives. While we are highlighting DNotes as a trustworthy currency, our development team is working hard under radar. DNotes is more than just a currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: