Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:35:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 972 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod]  (Read 124882 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:41:09 PM

^^Yeah, they were always very good in cricket despite limited talent pool and in recent time they are not bad either, they do have decorated cricketers such as Williamson, Ross Taylor, Southee, Boult etc.  We can say that they are not hyped as compared to other teams (India and Australia or England)

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:39:05 PM

^^Yeah, they were always very good in cricket despite limited talent pool and in recent time they are not bad either, they do have decorated cricketers such as Williamson, Ross Taylor, Southee, Boult etc.  We can say that they are not hyped as compared to other teams (India and Australia or England)
Kiwi's was on full in 1992 but Pakistani break their hearts then again in 1999 they was on full but again Pakistani break their hearts and they register first test series win in England with very spirited cricket again they was on top in 2015 and 2019 but sadly they have no luck right now they have really complete package with very good team of good bowlers and batsmen they can do some good in coming years.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 09:05:13 PM

Remember that this is a country, which can't even start it's own franchise T20 league. They have a population of just around 4 million, and they don't have superstars such as Steve Smith, Virat Kohli, Joe Root and Quinton de Kock. It is amazing that they could achieve this much with a limited player pool, and even more limited budget.
You have the answer why they never started their own T20 franchise league, it is because of the low population they have compared to the other countries who started their own league and these leagues get their money if they have a huge fan following and they clearly know that they will not meet the expense if they launch one, population does not mean anything in sports, India with a billion population cannot pick a world class football team and we all know how many Olympic medals India wins when compare to how many Jamaica wins with a population less than 3 million.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2020, 01:26:02 PM

Remember that this is a country, which can't even start it's own franchise T20 league. They have a population of just around 4 million, and they don't have superstars such as Steve Smith, Virat Kohli, Joe Root and Quinton de Kock. It is amazing that they could achieve this much with a limited player pool, and even more limited budget.
You have the answer why they never started their own T20 franchise league, it is because of the low population they have compared to the other countries who started their own league and these leagues get their money if they have a huge fan following and they clearly know that they will not meet the expense if they launch one, population does not mean anything in sports, India with a billion population cannot pick a world class football team and we all know how many Olympic medals India wins when compare to how many Jamaica wins with a population less than 3 million.

Perhaps you are right. A franchise T20 league would have been a loss making proposition with such a low population. But there can be exceptions. Look at the Caribbean Premier League (CPL). The total population of West Indies is only slightly higher than that in NZ, but they have managed a highly competitive and profitable franchise T20 league (thanks to the large fanbase in India and the US).

I don't want to comment on the second part of your post. It is really embarrassing that India lags behind nations such as Jamaica as far as Olympic Sports are concerned.
Clement Kaliyar

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 06:43:55 PM

~snip
But there can be exceptions. Look at the Caribbean Premier League (CPL). The total population of West Indies is only slightly higher than that in NZ, but they have managed a highly competitive and profitable franchise T20 league (thanks to the large fanbase in India and the US).
Historically people in the Caribbean loves cricket and the love of cricket made them a formidable side in world cricket during the 70s till the mid 90s and they had some world class players and it is because of the love of the game and they always had the stadiums packed and the success of the CPL can be attributed to several countries which is called Caribbean and they have the competitive spirit to take on a side as a fan and cricket is the only sport that combines all these countries together while they participate in other sports like Olympics and Football as individual countries, people in New Zealand loves Rugby and we have not seen huge crowds in cricket stadiums and hence it can be attributed to that.

JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 06:24:40 AM

Holding is bit late to party but hard to disagree with him when he talks about the test format. Let's hope ICC do some fine tuning next time.

Tldr : WTC points system sucks  Grin

‘It doesn’t work’: Michael Holding takes aim at World Test Championship

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 12:10:26 PM

Holding is bit late to party but hard to disagree with him when he talks about the test format. Let's hope ICC do some fine tuning next time.

Tldr : WTC points system sucks  Grin

I am not a big fan of this World Test Championship. We have the ICC test rankings, and I guess that is enough. Having a championship stretching over many years is a bad idea. And that too with a boring format such as test cricket. I would like to see some immediate changes to the way test cricket is played, and WTC is not the answer. First and foremost, we need two divisions in test cricket. And there needs to be a promotion-relegation system attached to it. I would rather suggest a third division for associate nations (with one team getting the promotion to the top tier in every 4 years), but then the current test nations such as Zimbabwe and Ireland may oppose that idea.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 01:36:48 PM

Tldr : WTC points system sucks  Grin

I am not a big fan of this World Test Championship. We have the ICC test rankings, and I guess that is enough. Having a championship stretching over many years is a bad idea. And that too with a boring format such as test cricket. I would like to see some immediate changes to the way test cricket is played, and WTC is not the answer. First and foremost, we need two divisions in test cricket. And there needs to be a promotion-relegation system attached to it. I would rather suggest a third division for associate nations (with one team getting the promotion to the top tier in every 4 years), but then the current test nations such as Zimbabwe and Ireland may oppose that idea.

Well you and few others made that clear many time here  Grin WTC is not perfect but its something.

ICC should introduce group system in Test, we discussed this before in another thread, right?

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 01:56:12 PM

Well you and few others made that clear many time here  Grin WTC is not perfect but its something.

ICC should introduce group system in Test, we discussed this before in another thread, right?

Well... WTC is definitely something.

For the ODI format, we have the ODI World Cup, and for the T20 format we have the T20 World Cup. There is no equivalent for the test format, and therefore I can perfectly understand your argument. However, I am not comfortable with this staggered tournament, stretching over many many years. Hey... I have another idea. Why can't we have a test world cup, once every 10 years? We can have 12 teams, participating in an all-knockout tournament.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 02:21:22 PM

~snip~
I have another idea. Why can't we have a test world cup, once every 10 years? We can have 12 teams, participating in an all-knockout tournament.

Ah well, if that's the case then we might miss couple of things.

Smith's resilience
Kohli's brilliance
Awesome Williamson
Classic Stokes
Pujara's stubbornness
Lone wolf Babar and Shakib
Hottie Cummins
Boom Boom Bumrah.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 02:51:59 PM

^^^^ We may not miss any of their action, as they will continue to play test matches during the various bilateral series. I am suggesting this test world cup on top of the existing bilateral tours such as the Ashes. We can have 8 teams in the main tournament (the bottom ranked teams from no.7 to no.11 needs to play a qualifier, from which two teams will qualify). In the first week, we can have the quarter-finals, in which 4 teams will proceed to the semi-finals stage. In the second week, we can have the semi-finals and during the third week, we can have the finals. Entire tournament will be over in just three weeks.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 03:42:55 PM

^^^^ We may not miss any of their action, as they will continue to play test matches during the various bilateral series.
Well in that scenario Test world cup coming after every 10 year so 99% chances are they are going to miss out Test World cup. majority already in their early 30s.

I am suggesting this test world cup on top of the existing bilateral tours such as the Ashes. We can have 8 teams in the main tournament (the bottom ranked teams from no.7 to no.11 needs to play a qualifier, from which two teams will qualify). In the first week, we can have the quarter-finals, in which 4 teams will proceed to the semi-finals stage. In the second week, we can have the semi-finals and during the third week, we can have the finals. Entire tournament will be over in just three weeks.

Holy cow.... Entire World Test Tournament in 3 weeks? If you want to kill test players then i suggest shoot them on the head, i would call it mercy instead of 3 week test world cup  Grin

How many games each team playing anyway? How many Venue or host countries? same conditions for all games or different?

According to my calculation If we want any such thing "World test cup" then we need dedicated 1 year for only test format, that's mean no other form of cricket at any cost.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 03:49:29 PM

^^^^ We may not miss any of their action, as they will continue to play test matches during the various bilateral series.
Well in that scenario Test world cup coming after every 10 year so 99% chances are they are going to miss out Test World cup. majority already in their early 30s.

I am suggesting this test world cup on top of the existing bilateral tours such as the Ashes. We can have 8 teams in the main tournament (the bottom ranked teams from no.7 to no.11 needs to play a qualifier, from which two teams will qualify). In the first week, we can have the quarter-finals, in which 4 teams will proceed to the semi-finals stage. In the second week, we can have the semi-finals and during the third week, we can have the finals. Entire tournament will be over in just three weeks.

Holy cow.... Entire World Test Tournament in 3 weeks? If you want to kill test players then i suggest shoot them on the head, i would call it mercy instead of 3 week test world cup  Grin

How many games each team playing anyway? How many Venue or host countries? same conditions for all games or different?

According to my calculation If we want any such thing "World test cup" then we need dedicated 1 year for only test format, that's mean no other form of cricket at any cost.

Please no shoot any cricketer I don't like this just sink them its much better idea because this could be more attractive and I am feeling test championship in current format is ok but need few changes because current format is not good and supporting just few countries which is never been good if possible then top 8 must face each other and last four have also matches must with all.
Clement Kaliyar

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 09:59:46 PM

I have another idea. Why can't we have a test world cup, once every 10 years? We can have 12 teams, participating in an all-knockout tournament.
If we wait for the next ten years to revive test cricket with a world cup it will be done and dusted as they are trying to do something like world test championship and day night test to attract the crowd and viewership back in the format.

But 3 week world cup for a 5 day match Shocked. Even with a knockout match from the start how can you end the tournament in a month  Cheesy.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 01:19:36 PM

This idea is simply not practical. Forget about 1 year dedicated to test cricket. You can't even have a two month dedicated period. You need to understand that there are very few fans for the test format right now. And the revenues are very low.

But 3 week world cup for a 5 day match Shocked. Even with a knockout match from the start how can you end the tournament in a month  Cheesy.

It's possible and I have already posted the draft schedule. We can have a total of 8 teams (6 top ranked teams given direct entry, and the remaining two qualifying). In the first round, these 8 teams will be reduced to 4. In the next stage, two teams will remain and final match will be played on the 3rd week. We have two days designated as rest days in between these matches.
BitSat19

Activity: 476
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 05:40:25 PM

This idea is simply not practical. Forget about 1 year dedicated to test cricket. You can't even have a two month dedicated period. You need to understand that there are very few fans for the test format right now. And the revenues are very low.

It's possible and I have already posted the draft schedule. We can have a total of 8 teams (6 top ranked teams given direct entry, and the remaining two qualifying). In the first round, these 8 teams will be reduced to 4. In the next stage, two teams will remain and final match will be played on the 3rd week. We have two days designated as rest days in between these matches.
But still its very hard to follow this all as I feel Crickets are human and they also need some better environment for better performance and living good life Cheesy
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 08:21:50 PM

Kinda aware of real time dynamics. I added example only for your scheme of thoughts " World Test Cup"

So you are saying that 2 days rest after playing a 5 day test match... hmmm you really want to kill fast bowlers,don't you? Grin Grin Grin

Well bhai, speaking of draft.. quoting my previous questions.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2020, 04:14:14 PM

^^^ How many of the matches are now extending to the 5th day? So it will be more like 3-4 days of play, followed by 3-4 days of rest (if weather permits). Or you can have an additional 3 days as rest. That will slightly extend the tournament to one month instead of 3 weeks. But still, it will be of shorter duration when compared to the ODI World Cup.

I am just saying that a "real" test world cup is hundred times better than this staggered and clumsy WTC.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 07:11:21 PM

^^^ How many of the matches are now extending to the 5th day? So it will be more like 3-4 days of play, followed by 3-4 days of rest (if weather permits). Or you can have an additional 3 days as rest. That will slightly extend the tournament to one month instead of 3 weeks. But still, it will be of shorter duration when compared to the ODI World Cup.

I am just saying that a "real" test world cup is hundred times better than this staggered and clumsy WTC.

2 wrongs don't make a right..

Ind vs Aus, Eng vs Aus, Ind vs Eng test matches should be restricted to 3-4 days? Good luck with that..

I get that you feel positive about your idea "Test World Cup" and rooting for this, there is nothing wrong with that but you still not giving answers about how many games, venues (Draft) etc.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 07:27:11 PM

It is impossible to have a Test world cup in a short period of time and the ICC came up with this proposition to make things interesting for the fans, it might be clumsy but to have a world champion every two years will encourage every captain who is competing to be the champion to go for the win rather than slow matches which ends up in a draw.

Ind vs Aus, Eng vs Aus, Ind vs Eng test matches should be restricted to 3-4 days? Good luck with that..
If we are willing to see more draws then reducing the number of days will help  Cheesy. When i first watched and learned about test cricket i was thinking 5 days of play and no result is mockery  Cheesy.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 972 »
  Print  

Jump to: