Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:25:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zvisha

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:00:42 AM

Spondoolies, does the SP10 firmware check fans activity?

I'm about to test my air chamber and i'm ready to remove the fans (PSU fan is still intact)

Let me know if its a problem with the FW.

Thanks

No, we monitor the temperature of ASICs/on board, not the fan activity.
Good luck!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murdof

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:03:12 PM

Good luck!

What happens if the temperature in the room goes higher than that? I have an airconditioner that sometimes decides to turn off on its own (yes it needs replacement).
In that case your device will stop mining/shutdown?

Buy me a beer: 1mrdfyA1GhKmTPhaSkvyq5DBterQ5m7ZK

Run your own P2Pool with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and merge mining
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:53:15 PM

Good luck!

What happens if the temperature in the room goes higher than that? I have an airconditioner that sometimes decides to turn off on its own (yes it needs replacement).
In that case your device will stop mining/shutdown?

yes
wanna4fun

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

noobie

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:02:47 PM

I can't imagine letting one SP10 running around me. If you put it on your balcony, the neighborhood will hate you.

can anybody post decibel reading of SP-10 at 1.4-1.5 th/s within a feet or so? There are free android and apple apps that do it.
I am just trying to see how noisy (or not) it is in comparison with S1.

What ambient temperature would Sp-10 tolerate?
i have an extra room, but when i put 3 S1 there and closed the door, temp rose to ~35 degree celsius, so I had to open the door. obviously, if SP10 is like a rock band, it would be difficult.
I figure that heat-wise 1 SP10=3 S1 (with much higher productivity for Sp-10, of course)

it's max 35°C ans as said by SP-Tech it can run with ambiant air @45°C (they said it worked for them). Don't go to hot or you will lose a lot of hashrate. Plus, I want to say that if air go in @ 22-23°C it comes out @45-46°C. You must evacuate all of this hot air. I bet you can do something fancy with this hot air like powering a Stirling engine Cheesy
The noise is about 70 dB within 3 feets. It's like 3/4 vacuum cleaner at the same time and I underestimate the reality. It's a high pitch fan noise.

tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:56:53 PM

I love this!

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:36:56 PM

I can't imagine letting one SP10 running around me. If you put it on your balcony, the neighborhood will hate you.

can anybody post decibel reading of SP-10 at 1.4-1.5 th/s within a feet or so? There are free android and apple apps that do it.

i have an extra room, but when i put 3 S1 there and closed the door, temp rose to ~35 degree celsius, so I had to open the door. obviously, if SP10 is like a rock band, it would be difficult.
I figure that heat-wise 1 SP10=3 S1 (with much higher productivity for Sp-10, of course)

it's max 35°C ans as said by SP-Tech it can run with ambiant air @45°C (they said it worked for them). Don't go to hot or you will lose a lot of hashrate. Plus, I want to say that if air go in @ 22-23°C it comes out @45-46°C. You must evacuate all of this hot air. I bet you can do something fancy with this hot air like powering a Stirling engine Cheesy
The noise is about 70 dB within 3 feets. It's like 3/4 vacuum cleaner at the same time and I underestimate the reality. It's a high pitch fan noise.

Are they going to to cover your hearing aides if you go deaf?

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

Are they going to to cover your hearing aides if you go deaf?

here's the plan, send em to your mothers and fathers garages where you'll get pensioners rates on leccy. they are deaf already, right? job jobbed.  Cool

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
DevonMiner

Activity: 471

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:15:21 PM

I'm about to test my air chamber and i'm ready to remove the fans (PSU fan is still intact)

Thanks

Good luck!

Is this something you might look at in the future? I have read the fans run fulltime 24/7 ... can you update the firmware so they are PWM regulated? I'm sure this was mentioned way back in the thread, sorry if I missed something ... two SP10's arriving soon, so I'm interested if the noise can be 'contained'.

zvisha

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:41:09 PM

Thanks

Good luck!

Is this something you might look at in the future? I have read the fans run fulltime 24/7 ... can you update the firmware so they are PWM regulated? I'm sure this was mentioned way back in the thread, sorry if I missed something ... two SP10's arriving soon, so I'm interested if the noise can be 'contained'.

Do you mean control the FANs based on system temperature?

From tests we did, it is very hard to even define wanted behaviour to control the fans based on temperature.
The fan speed effects the hash-rate. It's not binary "too cold/too hot" system. The more you turn on the fans, the colder the ASICs, the less leakage you have, the bigger the hash-rate. Even if we set a desired temperature "threshold", it's really annoying when the system starts changing the fans. It's easier to set "quiet/noisy" based on location of the miner in your apartment and then have no change.

You can write to PWM values once the system is stable (just be careful of course or it will thermal shut-down) - it's in this thread (and in the miner-gate code) how to do that.

DevonMiner

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:04:17 PM

From tests we did, it is very hard to even define wanted behaviour to control the fans based on temperature.
The fan speed effects the hash-rate. It's not binary "too cold/too hot" system. The more you turn on the fans, the colder the ASICs, the less leakage you have, the bigger the hash-rate. Even if we set a desired temperature "threshold", it's really annoying when the system starts changing the fans. It's easier to set "quiet/noisy" based on location of the miner in your apartment and then have no change.

You can write to PWM values once the system is stable (just be careful of course or it will thermal shut-down) - it's in this thread (and in the miner-gate code) how to do that.

Thanks zvisha,

I get the fact that the faster the fans run, the cooler the system runs ... so higher the hash rate, I'm coming at this from a none DC angle, so hosting the units my end. Guess I'm used to running a load of Antminer S1's that run 'loud and fast' and then 'run quiet' as and when they are required to do so. SP10 is a different beast I know.

Any shipping dates for May delivery of SP10's available yet? Will be interesting to play with the settings once they arrive.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:14:21 PM

Any shipping dates for May delivery of SP10's available yet? Will be interesting to play with the settings once they arrive.

If you join my GB the shipping starts on 16th May. (or maybe a bit earlier for the early birds)

DevonMiner

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:25:11 PM

If you join my GB the shipping starts on 16th May. (or maybe a bit earlier for the early birds)

Lol, I did .. for the SP30 ... SP10 ... 16th it is hopefully ...

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 10:30:11 PM

I did this in my thread (see sig)

calichomp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:07:40 AM

Thanks

Good luck!

I plan to unplug the fans entirely.  Call it coarse PWM control.  But, it has worked well for my Terraminers and Baby Jets.
Grix

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:22:02 AM

So what are the odds of the first tape out having a design flaw that will make us have to wait through a second fab?

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:52:07 AM

So what are the odds of the first tape out having a design flaw that will make us have to wait through a second fab?

All ready discussed at length. We'll ship on time and on spec.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 12:55:54 PM

Thanks

Good luck!

I plan to unplug the fans entirely.  Call it coarse PWM control.  But, it has worked well for my Terraminers and Baby Jets.

Explain coarse PWM control?
What does the cooling?
If it can keep it at below 25 degrees and makes it quieter Id
like to understand the concept??

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:30:07 PM

Spondoolies Tech. This came up in another thread.  It is in regards to not solving enough blocks during testing.  FYI link below. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49417.new;topicseen#new
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

Spondoolies Tech. This came up in another thread.  It is in regards to not solving enough blocks during testing.  FYI link below. 

Funny. We have less than 5 miners at our possession for SW testing now.
Unfortunately, we didn't sell enough miners to make a difference.

We're hearing other rumors about concentrated block withholds attacks on the public pools.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:33:57 PM

Funny. We have less than 5 miners at our possession for SW testing now.
Unfortunately, we didn't sell enough miners to make a difference.

We're hearing other rumors about concentrated block withholds attacks on the public pools.

you only need one to test with correct?  can you explain your test cases?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: